Subject: "Enough" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17014
Show all folders

Twarok (Guest)Tue 22-Apr-03 12:23 AM

#17014, "Enough"

Well my first invoker and pretty fun though they seem tailor made for people who don't really enjoy the game at the lower levels. Practice practice practice. Had lots of fun and enjoyed the class overall, though I don't really see the logic in a mage type losing his or her spells because an item shifts their alignment. I mean they don't pray for their stuff etc. so how does growing lighter or darker in temperment make you too stupid to remember how to harness raw power? Oh well... fun for the most part but no fun without spells. Enjoy all the nice stuff people was gonna auto-delete but takes too long.
Laters,
Twarok

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moligant (Guest)Wed 30-Apr-03 09:17 AM

#17229, "RE: Enough"
In response to Reply #0

Hey!

Damn, I think ive been alive too long, I traveled with you off and on for the longest, and you helped me get quite a few ranks. And that was awhile back I believe in CF time, hell, even in RL time. Never rped much with you, but you were a cool companion to travel with. If you return, have fun.

See you in the fields!

Moligant Gapverdi

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 02:47 AM

#17206, "RE: Enough"
In response to Reply #0

I just noticed that many people, when gaining treasures, such as unicorn pendants/dragonkinds and such, stopping showing in the game, or barely logging in.
Do you really had fun with having your character logged off with these trinkets?
Sometimes I think that it would be nice to feed all these goodies with artefacts, so they won't appear in such numbers. )))))

Twarok (Guest)Wed 30-Apr-03 02:46 AM

#17225, "RE: Enough"
In response to Reply #1

Actually the reason for my disappearance was the way loss of my spells clashed so fiercely with my role and likewise, being an invoker who can't cast spells and is eating black roots to see invis is just no fun whatsoever. I played constantly before that time, and initially was going to delete because of the conflict with my role this would cause but hung on for a short while. Looked for someone to give most of my stuff too since there was no point to my having it but never saw those I'd befriended around.

I will stave off any responses about roles adapting and not being set in concrete by saying simply that my character wasn't on a set course, he had only one prevailing mania/motivation and the loss of his spells forced him to either stay without magic or act totally out of character... no fun and being my first mage and my first alignment shift didn't manage to gain any insight/true aid in how I might rectify things. I'm not saying I expected one, but had there been one, things might have turned out differently.
You play a good drow, selfish, self-serving and power hungry, and I know lots of people who hated you. I just thought you were too mercenary for my tastes (in character/in game) have fun.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17014 Previous topic | Next topic