Subject: "(DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Drillmi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16543
Show all folders

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 12:33 PM

#16543, "(DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Drillmistress of Battle"

I just couldn't drag it out any longer to get that con death I wanted. Logging on and playing Dalayr had become a task and was far from enjoyable. I started taking foolish risks since I actually wanted to get it over with. "it" being this char. Might sound strange with all the things I had going for me. Most in the village respected me, I had a good title and the best of all, I had the tattoo which I was very proud of. Let me spend a few words stating why I grew so tired of everything..

I guess it was the timing I could play, but from the time I got inducted I was mostly alone in the village. At times I had Rhomelanthos around, but the majority of the time I was alone. Half of a normal day was spent running around all over the place looking for foe. Rarely did I find any, and even more rare was if that foe stayed around for a fight. Then the other half of the day, the same foe who had remained hidden and stayed away from fights would roam in hordes and I would have to sit in the underdark staring at the screen. I can't tell you how frustrating this routine became. This frustration led me to make a lot of willing bad decisions as far as chosing my fights.

Something else that I think didn't help my cause was that I was never very good at getting the "high-end" equipment. After a death when I finished re-equipping, my stats were around 900hp and 30/35. So I was not hitting hard enough to kill most before they managed to flee. cutoff and cranial can only hold someone for so long.

Somethings I was pround of... Intronan's tattoo, my policy for testing applicants (solo ranking, and the clothing test), my title resulting from the rites, most of my foe respected me, I never looted anything I did not need, and my combination of specs and legacies (I will not explain much here since I plan to use them again).

To some goodbyes now. I only mention a few because I interacted with so many and cannot mention all. If you reply I will respond individually.

IMMORTALS:

Intronan: What can I say. Sorry for letting you down in the end. From the time you interacted with me in my lower ranks, you were the source of my energy that brought me this far. Getting your tattoo will remain as one of my favorite cf accomplishments. I was hoping I would be a part of whatever (if anything) you have planned for your ravens. Too bad I can't now.

Kastellyn: I sure was glad you didn't boot me out in that incident. Walking about with no clothing was kind of fun. And I was rather pleased when I managed to kill a mage while I was naked. The rites were a lot of fun and that experience was one of the most fun I had with this char.

Thror: Didn't interact with you much. I know you have a more stern sort of role in the village but I would have liked to have interacted with you once in a while.

BATTLE:

Broxx: You said it. We grew up together. I always yearned to have your company once we were inducted. You usually logged on around the time I was leaving.

Rhomelanthos: Our first interaction was when you insulted me for travelling with a paladin. But after our fight in the circle you backed down somewhat. Then when someone looted my corpse you hunted them and as a result got removed from the village. That earned you my respect and things were different from then on.

Gre: You were a good commander and again as with all the others I mention it was a pity that I never got to travel and fight with you much. Thanks for letting me set the induction policy. I felt like I actually had an important role as drillmistress.

Grogim: Congratulations on imming. We needed someone to replace Intronan. Your playing time matched with mine quite a bit towards the end. But that one time you led our group into a suicidal charge despite my objection...that kind of put a dent in my respect for you. But whenever we raided together, I would be hurt quickly and you would fight on like a truck! That was quite impressive.

Krathrael: There were other applicants that I recommended, but you were the one I interacted with most often. Keep up the good work.

NEXUS:

Tsyla: My favorite foe. You were always willing to fight on your own and I don't think I killed you more than a couple of time (if that). You killed me a few times however. Well done. You were a fight I could always count on when I logged in. When you left, things went downhill.

Could giant warriors with greeting the avalanche: You have access to haste, stone skin, shield and most of used them, but still most of you were gutless enough not to fight alone. Bash bash bash is not a tactic that I would whine about, I think if it works for you, you would be stupid not to use it. But the fact that you fought only when there were three of you against one, just pissed me off. Again, I generalize, but this generalization was true for 95% of the cases.

SCIONS:

Did not interact with any much.

IMPERIAL HOPEFULLS:

Thornarcull: I have been playing CF for 4 years or so and your character was one of the worst I have ever come across. I hope you are different in RL and not the most bitter and cowardly person which your character would suggest.

All others: Again, fought only when with a huge group. I am an opponent of the "ganging is quite alright" policy. I think it ruins the game.

WARLOCKS:

Didn't interact with any for an extended period.

WARDERS:
Griimbling: Always liked your char. When we were at war I had a truce with you which the Immortals didn't approve of when they found out.

Iell: Hates you for being the cause of our war.

Arduarn: You were an opportunist. Never fought me one on one when we had the head but would show up right away as soon as we lost it.

Again, I only mentioned a few. I interacted with so many over the time. An immortal was kind enough to tell me my pk ratio and it was a tad under 50%. My con was at 6 when I deleted.

Thanks to all for making this game so damn adictive.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., motormouth, 05-Apr-03 12:43 AM, #25
Reply Paaaaaaathetic., Thornarcrull (Guest), 03-Apr-03 03:26 PM, #22
Reply Heh, funny note but, Minyar, 03-Apr-03 03:35 PM, #23
Reply You've both had your say. Anything else will be delete..., Intronan, 03-Apr-03 03:57 PM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., GrogIMM (Guest), 02-Apr-03 04:42 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Dalayr (Guest), 02-Apr-03 05:32 PM, #21
Reply Respect, Alarin (Guest), 02-Apr-03 02:58 PM, #18
Reply RE: Respect, Dalayr (Guest), 02-Apr-03 05:24 PM, #20
Reply Nicely done, Urzkoo (Guest), 02-Apr-03 02:16 PM, #17
Reply Gratz, Lruthlor (Guest), 02-Apr-03 01:27 PM, #16
Reply Well, the last of the mortals I knew is gone, well play..., Rustanviel (Guest), 02-Apr-03 02:33 AM, #15
Reply Someone I forgot to mention..., Dalayr (Guest), 01-Apr-03 10:20 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Tsyla (Guest), 01-Apr-03 08:03 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Kastellyn, 01-Apr-03 07:33 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Dalayr (Guest), 01-Apr-03 10:08 PM, #13
Reply Our record: 1-1-1, Kucerael (Guest), 01-Apr-03 07:15 PM, #9
Reply RE: Our record: 1-1-1, Dalayr (Guest), 01-Apr-03 10:04 PM, #12
Reply Dalayr Skullsplitter Feared by the Lord Elder, Drillmis..., Erinphaiss (Guest), 01-Apr-03 05:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: Dalayr Skullsplitter Feared by the Lord Elder, Dril..., Dalayr (Guest), 01-Apr-03 06:45 PM, #6
Reply Groovy, Intronan, 01-Apr-03 05:47 PM, #4
Reply RE: Groovy, Dalayr (Guest), 01-Apr-03 06:47 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Zekasiq (Guest), 01-Apr-03 05:42 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Dalayr (Guest), 01-Apr-03 06:51 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Broxx (Guest), 01-Apr-03 05:06 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..., Krathreal (Guest), 01-Apr-03 01:39 PM, #1

motormouthSat 05-Apr-03 12:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16672, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

As Calithrandra I fought you more than a few times, most ending in my death or both of us running away. Unlike most Warlocks I enjoyed fighting ragers and especially you, and instead of hiding I went around looking for you. Anywayz the times we fought you showed skill and it always got my blood pumping cause I knew a had a chance..albeit a small one if I had an air elemental. Anywayz good luck on the next!

Thornarcrull (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 03:26 PM

#16609, "Paaaaaaathetic."
In response to Reply #0

>IMPERIAL HOPEFULLS:
>
>Thornarcull: I have been playing CF for 4 years or so and your
>character was one of the worst I have ever come across. I hope
>you are different in RL and not the most bitter and cowardly
>person which your character would suggest.
>
>All others: Again, fought only when with a huge group. I am an
>opponent of the "ganging is quite alright" policy. I think it
>ruins the game.

You forgot that I've beeb scion for a good while and remember your non-gangbangs. So shut up concerning the honorful battles. About my character and myself in RL: I'm far worse in RL, trust me. I'm so affraid of meeting any CF'er in RL, that I barely leaving my home, even my own room, so, when I need to visit a WC, I'm suffering great pain and sometimes I can't get there in time.

About your own character, since it's your farewell: one of the most weak and pointless characters I ever met. Since I can count only till ten, I can't say how much times you died to me - when I've been alone and with a 'gang'. Rot well, and, if you are playing allready four years, I feel sorry for you.

MinyarThu 03-Apr-03 03:35 PM
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16611, "Heh, funny note but"
In response to Reply #22

You don't become a follower of Intronan, and have his tattoo if you are useless. Nor do you get titles and other such things. Now, from what I know of you, you must be doing something right to have the title you have, and from what I know of Intronan followers, they deserve what they get. Don't go flaming back so hard on him, nor was her comment completely fair either.

Minyar

IntronanThu 03-Apr-03 03:57 PM
25 posts
#16612, "You've both had your say. Anything else will be delete..."
In response to Reply #22

No flame wars.

GrogIMM (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 04:42 PM

#16576, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

I really loved Dalayr and I really hated Dalayr. It was fun to log on and see which kind of day it was, a love or a hate day. You sometimes got on the dwarven nerves when you attained drillmaster and started ordering stuff about and saying when raids should be made and stuff but this calmed down as I hoped it would as you got used to the title etc. Grogim can agree with you on the score of peoplestaying well clear of you and then suddenly when they have 4+ they come a hunting and it did get frustrating at times. As for Grogim's occasional suicidal runs, well for the most part Grogim was a very tactical dwarven scout who kept a clear head in battle but being dwarf was occasionally blighted by his racial berserkerness and this was when he would charge headlong into a likely death. Sorry you felt bad enough to lose respect over a character flaw. Anyway, sometimes you would flee and go on about fighting at the village and this fleeing often spun a battle to our groups disadvantage and atleast twice I recall myself and another warrior, I think Rugokar,falling after you fled/retreated and I often thought that was cowardess or not wanting to lose equipment. Those were often hate days. Reclothing is a definite skill to work with and I was never bothered about dying because I knew I could be set up again pretty quickly to dangerous levels. Anyway, all in all I enjoyed Dalayr and in the Immortal words of a ethnicminority retailer, 'Thank you, come again!'

Grogim

Dalayr (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 05:32 PM

#16581, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #19

Interesting to read what you said about Dalayr giving "orders". If you are referring to the notes I scribed regarding tactics etc, then I don't know what you were upset over. That was my job. Not only as the drillmistress but also as a raven. And it was precisely that you had charged in despite me saying not to and gotten us all killed that I lost respect for you. It was also my job to make sure all villagers understood the "focus" and to clarify who was to be hunterd and who wasn't. Again, not sure if that is what you are referring to.

As for my retreating and resulting in your death thing...I don't remember any situation where we coordinated our attacks. I wish we had, but we didn't. That time you rushed into that group you complained later that I abandoned you. The reason being I was slept by Erihphalis. Other than that you would have to refresh my memory.
Best of luck up there.

Alarin (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 02:58 PM

#16574, "Respect"
In response to Reply #0

Alarin didn't really know Dalayr all that well but showed her respect as his drillmistress. Now, I must say, when I came into hero ranges, must have been toward the time you started to see it as a chore, because I often saw you die and leave immediately. I know it was tough, and i know I have an advantage becasue I can hide, but Alarin's respect for you started to wane because your time around did. He is very much about dedication. Anyway, it was fun the times we could fight and travel together. Sorry about that time at the lane, I sometimes have a tendnecy to forget that Alarin isn't a warrior! Anyway, good luck with the next.

Alarin, Village Thug

Dalayr (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 05:24 PM

#16580, "RE: Respect"
In response to Reply #18

Yeah what you saw was a result of my being rather tired of this char. Most of my life I was on during the better part of the day. 5-6 hours every day. And believe me, I died plenty then too.

Urzkoo (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 02:16 PM

#16568, "Nicely done"
In response to Reply #0

Respected you, well played rager.
I know the feeling you're talking of all too well, was the end of a few chars of mine
good luck with the next, see you in the fields

Lruthlor (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 01:27 PM

#16566, "Gratz"
In response to Reply #0

I liked your characted, thoughtful and non-rabid villager.
Sorry it became stale for you. It's been many many moons since I played a villager, but interacting with you made me want to roll one. I think that says alot.

Good luck with whatever comes next.

Rustanviel (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-03 02:33 AM

#16560, "Well, the last of the mortals I knew is gone, well play..."
In response to Reply #0

It was good interacting with you, though it was months ago now. I was impressed with your RP, as that was pretty much all I saw. I hope you kept the troops inspired for me for a while.
Rusty

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 10:20 PM

#16559, "Someone I forgot to mention..."
In response to Reply #0

Alvoroiz....damn I hated your alligator. At first you only fought me in groups. But then you probably noticed that you could beat me on your own. With my tattoo I had a slight edge and could take you. The only fight we had where I started from full health and had my tattoo, you also had sanc and you killed me by the time I had you writhing. And you were good at diving down with your osprey when I was hurt and fighting something. Most of the time I knew you would but refused to play it safe..specially towards the end of my char.

Tsyla (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 08:03 PM

#16556, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I liked Dalayr a lot. There were more than a few mornings it was just you and I slugging it out non-stop and I always knew you'd be up for a fight. Good spirit and enthusiasm, sorry the char became a job rather than fun.

KastellynTue 01-Apr-03 07:33 PM
864 posts
#16555, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

Playing should never be a task, so I think you made the right decision. Although, I will miss Dalayr. I thought you did an excellent job, as a character, as a fighter and as Drillmistress.

Good interview for the Rites as well, and you fought like a tiger. Like Broxx, I had some seriously high hopes for the Village under the four of you...*snap*!

Good luck with your next, I expect great things from you!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 10:08 PM

#16558, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #10

I will miss Dalayr too, I had a lot of fun for the most part. Yeah we were a strong group of four, just had different playing times and what not. Wish it had worked out better than it did. Hey maybe i'll try a follower of yours next. Wonder if I have the patience your tattoo requires

Kucerael (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 07:15 PM

#16554, "Our record: 1-1-1"
In response to Reply #0

The first time we fought was in the dry riverbed, when you took on Tsyla and myself. I wasn't ready for your legacies, and you were able to get me, but then Tsyla finished you off.

Second time was shortly thereafter in Hamsah. You got brutalized with a few geysers or engulfs. I was surprised, after our first fight.

Third was in Tar Valon, and you went about doing your thing. I worded from that one.

I liked our fights. I definately had respect for you, as a player and character. Thanks for not being a full-looting whore like most of the village was at the time.

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 10:04 PM

#16557, "RE: Our record: 1-1-1"
In response to Reply #9

Yeah I remember those. As for that quick fight in Hamsah, I was frustrated and the village did not have the head. And people always say "you villagers are nothing without the head".... well yes, we are for the most part. As a warrior, unless you have some preps going, you're going to be dead rather quickly. Specially against an invoker.

Erinphaiss (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 05:53 PM

#16550, "Dalayr Skullsplitter Feared by the Lord Elder, Drillmis..."
In response to Reply #0

Well now, I hope I wasn't coupled with the gangers since the only time I fought you and wasn't alone was when you had rhomelanthos and Gre with you. So I really hope you just forgot me. at any rate well done. All at once I feared fighting you and really looked forward to it as it was a chance to test my abilities. Sorry to hear the fun went downhill and I hope you find that fun again.

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 06:45 PM

#16551, "RE: Dalayr Skullsplitter Feared by the Lord Elder, Dril..."
In response to Reply #5

No, I don't group you with the "gangers". But we fought at the most a couple of times. And hey, it was just with this char I wasn't having fun. Another already in the works! And that one has already died a couple of times to gangs! Out of the pan and into the fire I say.

IntronanTue 01-Apr-03 05:47 PM
25 posts
#16549, "Groovy"
In response to Reply #0

Glad you enjoyed our interactions, I know I did. Sad you couldn't con die, but thems the breaks. I thought you were a fine villager, and an excellent follower. Tough, persistent, and eager to learn, which I always like.

- Grogim: Congratulations on imming. We needed someone to replace Intronan.

What? Nobody can replace me, nobody!

Good luck with your next, glad you're having fun.

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 06:47 PM

#16552, "RE: Groovy"
In response to Reply #4

Of course none can replace you! I don't know what I was thinking! I don't want to reveal which other chars I have played but all the ones that were around since you created Intronan have interacted with you. I don't know, I seem to be drawn to you! You good looking and single btw?

Zekasiq (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 05:42 PM

#16548, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

Dalayr... I won't comment much, since I am still alive, and all. Just wanted to say that any battle we had, was fun. Often (not always) it began in a few person group, sometimes more than a few person... But I recall at least two times that I chased after you to try to finish it up, and a few times that I decided to 'start' with you. Being a healer there is little risk when engaging in combat, if you're only tending to yourself... but I must say, even in those one-on-one battles, I as a character/player would get a little nervous. Any time I saw you in battle you were not a 'one-trick-pony'... You changed it up, tried different tactics, some successful, some not.

And from what I saw otherwise, and hear of otherwise, great job with the character. I wish you the best of luck with your next.

Dalayr (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 06:51 PM

#16553, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #3

I agree, you did engage me a couple of times alone. But those times (if I remember correctly) you got away (which is easy for a healer to do) and then the next engagement was with a lot of backup. Which is still alright by me, atleast you made an attempt solo. And thanks for the compliments..most of my tactics didn't work out in the end (either I died or my opponent got away).

Broxx (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 05:06 PM

#16547, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

Well played. I was hoping when us four were made the Village elders we were going to just rock the house, but it was not meant to be. Like you said, I'd always be logging in just as you were logging off. Then Rhom went through his con super quick, and I didn't see you around at all. Well good luck with your next one.

Krathreal (Guest)Tue 01-Apr-03 01:39 PM

#16545, "RE: (DEL) Dalayr Skullsplitter the Weaponsmistress, Dri..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I could start to tell that you were getting bored with just sitting around the village, and looking. You are right, there just are not that many enemies that stick around long enough, or if there are, they are bunched up like siamese triplets.

As for Dalayr, thank you for starting me down the road towards the village. I am really greatful that you gave me the second chance at the small testing (really was not expecting having to get the clothing that quick). I try to be around as much as I can, but now that I am reached 51, it is starting to get boring. Maybe I will start exploring hell or something :p.

Anyway, sorry to see you go. Good luck with your next character.

Krathrael

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16543 Previous topic | Next topic