Subject: "(DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15328
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 12-Feb-03 08:47 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15328, "(DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"

Wed Feb 12 20:45:41 2003

9 o''clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Caysh perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:392
PK Ratio:64% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Son of..., Ilraeth, 12-Feb-03 09:10 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 12-Feb-03 09:06 PM, #1
     Reply Actually..., Ilraeth, 12-Feb-03 09:22 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Actually..., Caysh, 13-Feb-03 11:41 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Actually..., Ilraeth, 14-Feb-03 07:19 AM, #24
     Reply Damn, Elrys (Guest), 13-Feb-03 12:00 AM, #4
     Reply Well crap..., Esmi (Guest), 13-Feb-03 04:40 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Well crap..., Caysh, 13-Feb-03 11:35 AM, #12
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Lardovian (Guest), 13-Feb-03 06:18 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 13-Feb-03 11:32 AM, #11
     Reply I had a feeling it was coming. ., Sao (Guest), 13-Feb-03 09:18 AM, #7
     Reply RE: I had a feeling it was coming. ., Caysh, 13-Feb-03 11:23 AM, #10
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Crimthann (Guest), 13-Feb-03 09:36 AM, #8
     Reply Good question., Caysh, 13-Feb-03 11:16 AM, #9
     Reply yeah yeah yeah....., Nurwon, 13-Feb-03 11:39 AM, #13
     Reply RE: yeah yeah yeah....., Caysh, 13-Feb-03 11:44 AM, #15
     Reply I still smile when I think of that time at the archmage..., Vortigern (Guest), 13-Feb-03 02:36 PM, #16
     Reply RE: I still smile when I think of that time at the arch..., Caysh, 13-Feb-03 02:47 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Akriam (Guest), 13-Feb-03 03:24 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 13-Feb-03 03:43 PM, #19
          Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Akriam (Guest), 17-Feb-03 12:20 AM, #38
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Delmuio (Guest), 13-Feb-03 05:13 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 13-Feb-03 07:01 PM, #22
     Reply I remember that..., Crimthann (Guest), 14-Feb-03 08:35 AM, #26
          Reply RE: I remember that..., Jhard (Guest), 14-Feb-03 10:32 AM, #27
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Jhard (Guest), 14-Feb-03 07:55 AM, #25
          Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 14-Feb-03 07:24 PM, #28
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Karithia, 13-Feb-03 05:23 PM, #21
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 13-Feb-03 07:08 PM, #23
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Cardiel (Guest), 14-Feb-03 09:03 PM, #29
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 15-Feb-03 05:15 PM, #32
     Reply Good jod old friend., Usalar (Guest), 15-Feb-03 12:32 AM, #30
     Reply RE: Good jod old friend., Caysh, 15-Feb-03 05:22 PM, #34
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Vahlen, 15-Feb-03 02:08 PM, #31
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 15-Feb-03 05:30 PM, #35
     Reply hehe, Karnif (Guest), 15-Feb-03 05:21 PM, #33
     Reply RE: hehe, Caysh, 15-Feb-03 05:36 PM, #36
     Reply RE: hehe, Karnif (Guest), 16-Feb-03 12:22 PM, #37
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, ATK, 19-Feb-03 06:49 AM, #39
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 21-Feb-03 10:15 AM, #41
     Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, motormouth, 20-Feb-03 05:00 PM, #40
          Reply RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe, Caysh, 21-Feb-03 10:20 AM, #42

IlraethWed 12-Feb-03 09:10 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15329, "Son of..."
In response to Reply #0

I swear, every time I find someone who seems fun...

CayshWed 12-Feb-03 09:06 PM
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15330, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #0

It was an enjoyable run. Unfortunately, my connection speed went to all to hell sometime over the winter break, and I can’t stand playing when it takes a full second for a command to go through. So I became limited to 11pm-5am, and with a new semester starting (and the last one having been failed) I finally had to pull the plug on this. My dedication was waning, so this was for the best for the Tower as well.

I rolled Caysh to be an explore character, and made the “mistake” of joining Warlock. I don’t think I did any of the exploring that I had originally intended to do, but all the other things easily made up for it. Up until the original immteraction that defined the character, I didn’t have a role or any set RP, so it really me surprised when it happened to me. Finally wrote role after making Adept, and started RPing a bit more seriously. Ranking to hero was horrible, I made 40 in fifty hours, it took me another fifty to reach hero. 2 mob deaths at 50 will do that to you, I suppose. In the end though, I’m assuming I made Preceptor because there really was nobody else for the job. But I lost touch with the character at some point, and it really stopped being fun. I’m certain most of the Tower is happy to see my newbish self go.

Imms:
I always tried to very deferential to any imm, as Caysh figured that if he incurred their anger they could order archons and angels to stop helping him. This fell apart last night, and helped me realize just how far I’d slipped from my role. Sorry for the disappointing finish (hell, all of it was probably disappointing).

Savraeth: I always got very worried whenever you went vis, seemed like you were always scolding me for something or other. I enjoyed it all, just the same.

Ilraeth: Didn’t see you around nearly as much, but the interview for Adeptship was really nice.

Karithia: I love any cabal that has a 53 Imm in it. Having the Sorceress, Amayla, or the Angel start speaking really is fun. And I’ll assume you were the archon during the interview with Jeremiah as well.

And thanks to whoever had the long conversation with me as Amayla.

Arvam: Sorry about that housefire.

Whoever did the immteraction in the Tower of High Sorcery: Some of the most fun I’ve ever had. I loved the whole plotline of that, though was curious as to why they trailed off and finally ended. Just figured I wasn’t up to your RPing standards.

Warlock:
I like the cabal, but on a lot of levels the RP really is kind of lacking. 99% (myself included) are cookie-cutter, just wanting tome/ward/magical control. Get three heroes in the Tower at the same time and just about all we talk about is gear. Locate object has probably been cast more in the Tower than any spammed invoker spell. That said, I liked my shinies when I got them.

As for inductions, I tried to keep them fast and loose, tried avoided just basic question and answer, and wanted to have a conversation. This backfired on occasion *cough*Jeremiah*cough* but I enjoyed it more than the standard interview.

Lardovian and Shila: Thanks for inducting me all that time ago. Enjoyed all the interactions with both of you.

Jhard: The best of the current Warlocks in terms of skill, dedication, and RP. Was always great to have you around the Tower (or, better yet, sitting on the ocean). Hope you get a leadership position sooner rather than later.

Sao: Loved having a skilled hero invoker in the Tower, though you seemed to be somewhat condescending to me. I’ll chalk it up to my inexperience.

Delmuio: A shame our hours don’t match up too well, I love to see a fighting transmuter.

Usalar: Knew you were skilled, loved having you around. I assume that the kid really was in real life.

Aeliol: My opinion of you went down when you told me you were a newbie IC, but its good to see you exploring and learning.

Crimthann: You were hero long before I was, and you’re still kicking.

Brindinos: You guided me around the Tower when I was inducted, and you’re still around too.

Meryn: Damn you got a mouth. Considered booting you for being disrespectful, then again about that “peace” you negotiated with the Grove.

Akriam: Odd fellow, shame you aren’t around more.

Aschuen: Paranoid? I liked the character though.

Ceane and Sohaila: Thanks for being there at the end.

A decidedly short list, probably my fault on a lot of levels.

Any of the lowbie Warlocks: I probably don’t even remember you anymore, I spent a week getting on and wondering who inducted some of you. That contributed to this deletion.

Sylvan:
I enjoyed the war, and it gave me more interest in playing again.

Iell: Uninspired tactics, but they work against most things.

Cardiel: If only we had invokers to counter you.

Nurwon: Just to toss you somewhere, how stupid could you get, walking up to the ranger when I was raiding like that?

Fortress:
Really did consider most of you to be betraying the Light by your neutrality.

Esmi: Just have to say it again. The meeting at the Fortress with you, Tasfiel, and Sassmi was some of the best RP I’ve been involved with.

Ulthur: Caysh meant every word of it.

Corealm: See Ulthur.

Khalazid: Liked you when you were Maran, didn’t talk to you after the merger.

Yaofhil: Liked you OOC, tolerated you IC.

Gasg: Did some ranking together (horrid combination), a shame you seem to have disappeared.

Alnallander: Really loved the character, and congratulations on imming.

Scion:
Who? After the purge, hardly ever saw any of you.

Jhaelryna: I think I know who you are, and I wish we had gotten to talk some more. And yes, you were right about the mountains.

Rager:
I really have reconsidered my opinion on rager powers. Having played a character that easily had six shields, sanctuary, shield, aura, and stoneskin, I don’t consider them overpowered at all.

Broxx: That was just nasty last night, but I went in half dressed and unprepped. Rather expected it.

Grogim: Never got to fight you.

Sayangu: Nasty at times, an ANNIHILATES deathblow when you thirsted into my archon scared me for a while.

Gre: Yeah, a beast.

Sabiene: Strange character, from the few times we spoke. Particularly when we were in the Ashes and you were telling me not to worry. Of course, I don’t know if it was true.

Guenrayn and Drahk get points for being the most memorable.

Nexus:
Didn’t interact with any of you that I can remember.

Tribunal:
Farnsworth: Ass, pure and simple. Was trying to decide if I should turn on quiet, go to sleep, or pray about spam when we spoke.

Futaelufu and Jesrelres: Sorry about that, but I had just dropped off all my gear at the Tower and was heading for the Twin’s shrine.

Sorry to anyone I forgot, just mention your name I’ll remember.

Thanks to all who made it enjoyable.

IlraethWed 12-Feb-03 09:22 PM
20 posts
#15368, "Actually..."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you did a good job, and seemed to really put an effort into your character. I spoke with you several times and although there were times you seemed unsure or lacked a lot of the background, you honestly seemed interested in what was going on and wanted to learn more (you grilled me for a full half hour longer then I was expecting you to stick around for . I had started to begin a questline with like... the last three leaders, but got tied up with work and other such things... soon as i get unbusy, BOOM.. you all die off on me. *Shakes a fist at you*

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 11:41 AM
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15369, "RE: Actually..."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I do lack a lot of the background story to the Tower and CF (hoping you meant those by background and not character background). Only seriously been playing for about maybe a year now, Caysh was my second hero, and fourth character above 30. I'll be back in the Tower eventually, but still so much to sample from.

IlraethFri 14-Feb-03 07:19 AM
20 posts
#15370, "RE: Actually..."
In response to Reply #14

Yep, I meant background for a lot of the stories that have come and gone. Not that there is anything wrong with not knowing them, or the background of the tower. Sadly, few people know what’s happened in the towers past, due to so few showing an interest in making any sort of historical reference for the generations to come. There have been exceptions of course, but they all seem to die off before anything is ever done with it. Just getting enough book entries to bother updating the area file takes generations in itself *grumble*.

Elrys (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 12:00 AM

#15367, "Damn"
In response to Reply #1

I really wanted to talk to you conjurer a conjurer about some stuff.

Esmi (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 04:40 AM

#15365, "Well crap..."
In response to Reply #1

After beating you up that time you attacked Sassmi when I was with her, and I was too blind to see who it was I was hitting, I was just starting to develop a fondness for you. Damn.

And if you want to post that log, as the only surviving person at that little summit, I'd be alright with it. (So I can snag a copy for myself)

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 11:35 AM
6 posts
#15366, "RE: Well crap..."
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, I liked Esmi, even if she did seem a little crude at times. One of the most frustrating things for Caysh was the new stance of the Fortress on the Sylvan-Warlock conflict right after I spent the time getting Dawn and Maran to support the Tower.

And that summit. I know I logged it. And now I can't find it. Which really is a disappointment, because I really enjoyed that meeting. And they say CF is light on RP...

I'll keep looking though, maybe it will turn up.

Lardovian (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 06:18 AM

#15363, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Now this came as a surprise to me I must admit. From what I saw of Caysh I thought he'd be there for a long while yet but that's life I suppose.

Sorry I had to pop off and die during that interview of yours but I bet it came as a surprise as much for you as for me

Good luck with the next and all that, I'm sure you'll be back at one point or another.

Lardovian

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 11:32 AM
6 posts
#15364, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #6

I really had intended to age die Caysh. Without being Preceptor I might have stuck around, playing when I could, but as it was I knew I was doing the cabal more harm than good.

As for dying during that interview, that in part made it so memorable.

And well, yeah, I am already back into hero range. Just not with a character that depends on getting commands through in the same fight as they are entered.

Sao (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 09:18 AM

#15361, "I had a feeling it was coming. ."
In response to Reply #1

At first, I really didn't like you. You seemed pretty bossy without backing it up. Later on though, you proved me wrong. You were a good leader, and a good conjurer. You were great to have around the Tower. You seemed to be getting a bit discouraged though, and it just seemed near. All in all, I think you've done a lot for the tower, and I liked your RP? of being a real hardass when it counted.

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 11:23 AM
6 posts
#15362, "RE: I had a feeling it was coming. ."
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for that. Of the three Adepts, you were the one I was probably most unsure about how you viewed me. As for being bossy/hardass, it was both RP and an effort to hide just how little I really know. For the most part at hero ranks I was just hoping I didn't come off as too clueless.

Crimthann (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 09:36 AM

#15359, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you did a fine job as leader. Lardo was a tough act to follow of course. One thing did keep me off balance when I was around you though, was a note you wrote to the Tower about some difficulty you experienced. Where did that ever end up?

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 11:16 AM
6 posts
#15360, "Good question."
In response to Reply #8

I was wondering the same thing myself. The immteractions driving most of it trailed off, and I didn't want to run with it on my own and possibly mess up what the imm had originally intended. But yes, was curious about that myself as well.

NurwonThu 13-Feb-03 11:39 AM
0 posts
#15357, "yeah yeah yeah....."
In response to Reply #1

That time at the ranger was basically was summed up by this, "curiousity killed that cat". I was interested to see how a conjurer would do solo raiding and I didn't realize that, whatever power you used on me was an area spell (bah!) I thought that after I fled I was ok but then you come and finish me off and then loot all my good things!!! heheh, I had it commin though. Wouldn't expect you to believe I wasn't of the grove (which I wasn't btw)

Other than that little incident great job, and keep new chars commin man.

-Nurwon Du'Roth

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 11:44 AM
6 posts
#15358, "RE: yeah yeah yeah....."
In response to Reply #13

I was rather sorry about having to do that, but I really couldn't afford to have a cloud ranger being camoed at the ranger. Particularly when I wasn't sanced. As for the looting, I think I only destroyed your weapons and anything evil you had. The worst part of that night was the lag though, I was getting about a minute of commands through and then have the entire thing hang on me for about thirty seconds. Otherwise I would have gone and taken the Sapling.

Vortigern (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 02:36 PM

#15355, "I still smile when I think of that time at the archmage..."
In response to Reply #1

Loved to try and find a way to beat ya...but we never really fought one on one. Good job anyway.

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 02:47 PM
6 posts
#15356, "RE: I still smile when I think of that time at the arch..."
In response to Reply #16

God. That was probably one of the worst mistakes I made while playing Caysh. It will be among those that will be posted later on.
And true, we rarely fought one on one, would have liked to, particularly given how the classes match up.

Akriam (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 03:24 PM

#15352, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Akriam: Odd fellow, shame you aren’t around more.
-Odd fellow? Well I can only imagine its the accent. As for not being around more, I'm sorry to say that with the things I have to do IRL, sometimes it is hard to get time to play. Shame to see you go, Akriam looked up to you as a mentor. Good luck with whatever you do next.

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 03:43 PM
6 posts
#15353, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #18

Yeah, it was the accent, not something that you find very often on mages. That and you seemed rather beyond authority. I seem to remember running into you in the High Tower of Sorcery before you were inducted and asked if you wanted to get the interview out of the way then. You basically blew me off, saying you had more important things to do (or maybe it was too busy, but I took it as more important). All the same, I liked seeing other conjurers in the Tower.

Akriam (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 12:20 AM

#15354, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #19

>Yeah, it was the accent, not something that you find very
>often on mages.
--I try to be different with my characters in little ways when I can.
>That and you seemed rather beyond authority.
--I'm sorry that thats the way you felt. Without going too much into IC issues, all I can say is that is almost exactly opposite the way I try to come across.
>I seem to remember running into you in the High
>Tower of Sorcery before you were inducted and asked if you
>wanted to get the interview out of the way then.
--If I am thinking of the same time, I remember you commenting about giving me an interview(no time was mentioned) and I asked if there was anyway I could prove myself to you.
You
>basically blew me off, saying you had more important things
>to do (or maybe it was too busy, but I took it as more
>important).
--Wasn't meant to be a blowoff.
All the same, I liked seeing other conjurers in
>the Tower.
--Always good to learn from more experienced conjurers. Thanks for the induction.

Delmuio (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 05:13 PM

#15346, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Well thanks for the words, I try to fight but Im not good at it.
Thanks for the Induction way back.
Shame you left us without leaders now...

Delmuio

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 07:01 PM
6 posts
#15349, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #20

Not good at fighting? I seem to recall some comment about Brahaid logging on and how we needed to be careful. About thirty seconds later you're reporting his death. I still want to see a log of that when you're gone.

Crimthann (Guest)Fri 14-Feb-03 08:35 AM

#15350, "I remember that..."
In response to Reply #22

I announced Brahaid's presence to the cabal, and took two steps towards the Grove and Someone: Brahaid is slain.

I would like to see how you managed that so quickly too.

Jhard (Guest)Fri 14-Feb-03 10:32 AM

#15351, "RE: I remember that..."
In response to Reply #26

i'm willing to bet it looked like this

c 'disrupt bone' brahaid
UNSPEAK
c 'disrupt bone' brahaid
UNSPEAK
you hear Brahaid's deathcry
Brahaid is DEAD

Jhard (Guest)Fri 14-Feb-03 07:55 AM

#15347, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #20

I'll miss Caysh, and you when you go to, hopefully not for a long time
though i have been chosen to bear the heavy mantle of the precepter now...hopefully i can live up to Caysh and Tasfiel's expectation and examples, big shoes to fill

CayshFri 14-Feb-03 07:24 PM
6 posts
#15348, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #25

You think you have big shoes to fill? Following up Lardovian and Shila was horrible. I knew as soon as I got the position that I would be measured up against the two of them for the rest of Caysh's life. I'd like to think that I measured up well, but just be glad you're following a mediocre Preceptor.

KarithiaThu 13-Feb-03 05:23 PM
26 posts
#15344, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Well Caysh,

I thought you did a great job. I watched as often as I could once I was able and yes the archon was me, along with a few other personas. There were a couple of things I disagreed with how you handled things, but for the most part everything else seemed right on the line. I think you were very dutiful to the Warlock cause and I wish you well on future endeavors.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor

CayshThu 13-Feb-03 07:08 PM
6 posts
#15345, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #21

That entire interview was simply hilarious. I liked all the interactions with the cabal mobs, really made some boring stretches much more interesting.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your religion, supposing you don't just remain the High-Priestess. Might just try my hand at another empowered class.

Cardiel (Guest)Fri 14-Feb-03 09:03 PM

#15342, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

there is just one thing I hate about the sylvan/warlock war.

You tell yor group "Everyone aim at Cardiel"

Every single time we raided, even if we were 6, I somehow ended beeing THE target.

by the way, it sure notice you liked the war between us, all your notes were, WAR WAR WAR.

CayshSat 15-Feb-03 05:15 PM
6 posts
#15343, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #29

Well, when the otherside has an invoker and we don't, they do swing the fight pretty fast. I'm still kicking myself over using that wand on you in the Tower instead of lashing.

And you are right, my notes after the fighting broke out were very hostile, I think "childish warmonger" was used to describe me once (Ulthur, maybe?). But after the Sylvans raided to start to war Caysh was not about to back down.

My only real problem with the war is that the Sylvans are pretty willing to go to war with the Tower over the subject of conjurers, but the Fortress (with their three or four conjurers, one a leader) is close allies with the Grove.

Usalar (Guest)Sat 15-Feb-03 12:32 AM

#15340, "Good jod old friend."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you did a great job in a rather thankless position. Being a conjurer in your position while everyone in the Tower is trying to seek peace with those damned sylvans had to be troublesome. I enjoyed your company and thought Tasfiel was a good compliment to you. I felt that you were hoping to explore more or just have more time for your personal goals but that dosen't come easy to a leader. I truely regret not being around more for the last six weeks or so but it is a real little man keeping me busy. I can work out a few hours to play a week but that often comes in ten to thirty min periods and I just don't feel right logging on with a cabaled char and having to log back off that soon. Thanks for the support and all the effort you put in the Tower, it will sem empty without you when I make a return. I hope to see you back around in the fields soon.

CayshSat 15-Feb-03 05:22 PM
6 posts
#15341, "RE: Good jod old friend."
In response to Reply #30

For some reason it seems that the last two conjurer Warlock leaders managed to hurt the cabal in many ways, usually by reigniting the Sylvan wars.

Tasfiel did make a good counter to Caysh's temper. Though he failed to keep me in lines at times, usually with poor results.

As for your absence, I didn't have any problems with that IC or OOC. Caysh was reaching a stage where he was regretting not having a "normal" life, with a family, so your desire to be with yours struck him an excellent choice. And OOC I couldn't fault you for having a better set of priorities than me.

Good luck when you get back around, there is a definate lack of heroes in Warlock at present.

VahlenSat 15-Feb-03 02:08 PM
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15338, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Whoever did the immteraction in the Tower of High Sorcery: Some of the most fun I’ve ever had. I loved the whole plotline of that, though was curious as to why they trailed off and finally ended. Just figured I wasn’t up to your RPing standards.

If you are talking about the whole seduction and tempting by the demoness, that would be I. It wasn't anything on your end that made it stop, just when ever I would be around and see you, I would do a little with it. However with alot of my time consumed over the past 3weeks + with the police Academy, time is limited. You did well however from those interactions I had with you as her, and wanted to temp you over and to give into temptation.

CayshSat 15-Feb-03 05:30 PM
6 posts
#15339, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #31

Yeah, thats what I was refering to. Merilyath was quite the character to interact with, and I'm pretty sure I survived half of the encounters only because of an archon. (Power word pain is just nasty). I think near the end, Caysh would have willingly accepted her aid, as he considered the stance of the Fortress a betrayal of the Light.

Thanks for the interactions, they really did make a lot of Caysh's personality.

Karnif (Guest)Sat 15-Feb-03 05:21 PM

#15335, "hehe"
In response to Reply #1

Well, doubtlessly you'll remember me(not). but I just want to say that apparantly everyoneELSE is getting all the fun. and now I've even started bathing. it does suck to see you go as the scourge in the hands of a conjurer really is da shiznit (always wanted to use that word) . atleast this means that if I manage to get rid of all the other warlocks I too may steal some immteraction.

CayshSat 15-Feb-03 05:36 PM
6 posts
#15337, "RE: hehe"
In response to Reply #33

The name is familiar, unfortunately I can't say I remember much of the character. I'm hopeful the Sorceress will be striking up coversations for a time yet, or at least until Karithia gets her religion running. Immteractions really can be what makes or breaks a cabal in my opinion, and hopefully an above amount for Warlock for a time might swell the numbers a bit.

And yes, scourge really is nasty for a conjurer. Can quite easily turn you into an invoker with an archon, given the right circumstances. I tried not to overuse it, using the elemental commands, wands, and lash, but it really is difficult not to be constantly tempted by it.

Karnif (Guest)Sun 16-Feb-03 12:22 PM

#15336, "RE: hehe"
In response to Reply #33

writing a post whining on the forum will surely secure the absence of any immteraction on my part. I'm so proud of myself.

ATKWed 19-Feb-03 06:49 AM
59 posts
#15333, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Nice job.

You were the strong leader any cabal needs. You werent affraid to take hard decitions.

ATK
"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."

ATK

CayshFri 21-Feb-03 10:15 AM
6 posts
#15334, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #39

Thanks for that. A shame you deleted before the fighting broke out with Sylvan, could definately have used an air form for scouting during those fights.

motormouthThu 20-Feb-03 05:00 PM
3 posts
#15331, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #1

Well i guess you don't remember me...I play Calithrandra, anywayz well done on your character, the time i seen you kill 4 ragers who where trying to raid made me respect you. You always where willing to help and I know what it's like to think of yourself as a newbie. I travelled with you with another character of mine about the mid-30 ranks. Savaisa or something like, a shaman chickie who I eventually got bored with. She remembered you well..and the few times she got you killed.

Thanks for inducting me, being a member of the Tower is extremely fun, motivating me to actually get to level 51 so i can fight hero's. Once again well done. and good luck in school

CayshFri 21-Feb-03 10:20 AM
6 posts
#15332, "RE: (DEL) Caysh Vandaren, Preceptor of the Golden Towe"
In response to Reply #40

Actually, I do remember you. Sorry about leaving you out, but it seems our hours didn't match up too well, so about three times I was about to decide you deleted when I would see you briefly. You seemed to have a better grasp of the class than me, certainly.

As for that fight in the Tower, that was entirely the doing of the pendant. That and the fact that I would have died if you hadn't unbound me the first time Sabiene blackjacked me.

Oh, and as an odd note on conjurers. If I play one again I think I'll sit at 49 or so for a good long time. It keeps you out of any hero giant's range, and you still get sanc from an archon while fighting the outer guardians. Only thing you miss out on is tesseract, which I'm willing to give up if it means I don't have to deal with any more flurries of doom.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15328 Previous topic | Next topic