Subject: "(DEL) Yogor the Weaponsmaster, Sounder of the Clari" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15206
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 10-Feb-03 05:16 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15206, "(DEL) Yogor the Weaponsmaster, Sounder of the Clari"

Mon Feb 10 17:14:50 2003

1 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Yogor perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:198
PK Ratio:44% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Yogor the Weaponsmaster, Sounder of the Clar..., Sabiene, 11-Feb-03 07:31 PM, #9
Reply YOGOR SMASH!!!, yogor (Guest), 11-Feb-03 09:58 AM, #8
Reply Goodbye and good luck., Gre (Guest), 12-Feb-03 10:25 AM, #11
Reply My opinion of Yogor..., Erinphalis (Guest), 13-Feb-03 12:34 PM, #12
Reply Cool character., Rhomelanthos (Guest), 13-Feb-03 01:53 PM, #13
Reply RE: YOGOR SMASH!!!, Ckroeg (Guest), 13-Feb-03 06:27 PM, #14
Reply RE: YOGOR SMASH!!!, Vynmylak, 14-Feb-03 11:24 AM, #15
Reply RE: YOGOR SMASH!!!, Jhard (Guest), 14-Feb-03 11:33 AM, #16
Reply Farewell!, Kastellyn, 10-Feb-03 08:37 PM, #5
Reply No offense, someone (Guest), 10-Feb-03 10:52 PM, #6
     Reply No offense!, Intronan, 11-Feb-03 06:44 AM, #7
          Reply RE: No offense!, DC (Guest), 12-Feb-03 03:56 AM, #10
Reply You, are the reason people laugh at rager-speak., someone (Guest), 10-Feb-03 06:53 PM, #3
Reply Snicker, A Nexus Mage (Guest), 10-Feb-03 07:31 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Yogor the Weaponsmaster, Sounder of the Clar..., Broxx (Guest), 10-Feb-03 06:47 PM, #2
Reply I had a feeling..., Derdhuin (Guest), 10-Feb-03 05:53 PM, #1

SabieneTue 11-Feb-03 07:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15207, "RE: (DEL) Yogor the Weaponsmaster, Sounder of the Clar..."
In response to Reply #0

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh... I had a feeling you might delete. Sad, sad, sad. You, Kavvul, and Drahk were my favorite people from battle from a ways back, and now you're all gone. Fortunately, pretty much everyone else is nice too. You were a blast to be with, and thanks again for sponsoring me. I always wanted to make sure you knew you meant a lot to me for that and everything else *hug*.

- Sabs

yogor (Guest)Tue 11-Feb-03 09:58 AM

#15208, "YOGOR SMASH!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks again to the imms for making a great game. I had the role idea from a while ago when I played POS mud but it was pretty cool how well I fit into Vyn's religion. This is most of my role

Your role is:
Added Tue Dec 3 15:04:16 2002 at level 1:
15 Frost Giant
Finished razing the drow encampment and the priests are cleansing the
remaining taint from the earth. Several goblinkin slaves were secured for
transpoert and, oddly enough, one arial hatchling who somehow survived with
that scum. I am thinking the Contest could have a new attraction. Called
the little thing Yogor after that silly children's tale. Moving out at dawn.
Praise Galadriel.

1 Grand Struggle
Lord Khellionthlas and his blood sport. We have become little better than
the ancient enemy with this foolishness. He abuses the magic to make his
perfect fighters. I have proof that should come with this messenger. His
name is Yogor and Khellionthlas has destroyed his mind. A good gladiator
for the Contest, forbidden charm magics were used to make him a feeblemind
except when he enters berserk state. At that point the 'Harpy Eagle' of
so much quiet talk is truly a strategic and combat genius. We are on the
slippery slope and sliding towards you-know-what. Send word when you recieve
this.

23 Battle
The interloper has been dealt with and the best of Darsylon will soon enjoy the Harpy Eagle in the Contest again. When the hold spell was locked he
was still in a state of, ah, excitement. He was very cold and promised the
death of every magic user in the realm for this crime. "You're not gods...
I'll rip out your heart and feed it to a cooshie...Yogor smash!" On and
on and on, got to be quite a bore, but the thing did seem very serious at
time. A nice political assassination to unwind after this mission would be
appriciated m'lord.

Added Thu Dec 5 06:56:04 2002 at level 5:
Yogor escaped again and made it to Galadon. He has been permanently scarred
by the mind control magic that forced him to fight in the elven arena.
Yogor is normally a wild animal with little evident wisdom or education, but
when the rage takes him he changes into a cold, calculating, merciless killer.
He eats whatever he can find most times, when in rage only the flesh of
his enemy.

Added Sun Dec 15 08:09:49 2002 at level 26:
9 Frost Giant
Peace. Such a word is most times hard to pronounce, let alone know the
illumination the concept sparks. I have found peace. The coursing and
brief lightning bolts of reason the Rage cause have found ground high

in the mountains. The shrine of the Steel Clarion. The weaves of magic
that hold my mind prisoner have no power in the presence of real power.
To war indeed! Har har har!

Added Thu Dec 19 20:26:53 2002 at level 33:
21 Great Evil
Of course I should have known. The temple was beautiful, the guardians
inspiring, the view unbelievable, but the true heart, the center of
my faith I carried with me always. My Lord saw it even when I began to
doubt myself. Began, anyways. The stench of offal and the squeak of rats as my company, I have been shown a bright, bloody silver road to
enlightenment.

That last one was when Vynmylak shows up when Yogor is slogging through a sewer and drops the bomb tat.

Thanks to Vyn for the tattoo and stopping me from deleting the first time I had planned on asking for you help to remove Yogor's curse but I just lost interest in regearing and sleeping for days. Hope you had fun watching my misadventures. When I lost interest I started playing a newbie character. Considering the village is near full I didn't want to take a spot from someone who would play more.

Battle imms: You are my last favoirte cabal now that Entropy is gone. Please, please, please keep it around. Being a 'zerker is one of the most sweetly painful experiences on CF and I reccomend it to everyone.
Special shout out to Kasty for sponsoring me and liking my story

Fellow Sounders: Its a shame I never got to hunt with any of you, the dishonored dogs would have quailed in terror.

Ragers: My buddies Ckroeg, Trentilsh, Melkorath, Sabiene, Derdhuin you were the best part about Yogor. Sabiene, Falgmart (still around?) and Derdhuin you are my legacy to the village, keep it strong.

Enemies: I lump you all together because I died a lot an can't remember everyone. That invoker in Barovia I actually killed I'm sorry about trying to fullsac you. I coulda sworn you were scion. The warlocks who didn't full loot me thanks for that.

I'm not much for long goodbyes, like I said I have a new char now, so peace and I'll see you in the fields.

Gre (Guest)Wed 12-Feb-03 10:25 AM

#15214, "Goodbye and good luck."
In response to Reply #8

I didn't know much about you but it was always fun running around fighting with you. Here is to the sweet pain of being a berserker villager. Cheers, goodbye, and good luck.

Erinphalis (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 12:34 PM

#15213, "My opinion of Yogor..."
In response to Reply #8

I'll start from my first impression. I sing a drow villager to sleep, you and a cloud giant show up and bash me to death. What honor there is there. My last impression of you. You're being raided by the chieftain and his hordes, and I challenge you to a duel between the two of us, to ignore all of them. (The rift already had the head) I go, kill you, and you're only response to this is "Yogor yells "YOGOR SMASH!" And it made me laugh my ass off....because you had just died. I can't really say much else. I just had a sour taste in my mouth from the first meeting. However I give you the benefit of the doubt seeing as both Kastellyn and Intronan liked you, so well done. I'm glad you brought something positive to the game, look forward to your next.

Rhomelanthos (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 01:53 PM

#15212, "Cool character."
In response to Reply #8

At first, your speak annoyed me as a player. Then I realized it wasn't lame at all, but pretty cool indeed. Didn't see you much the last time, so I never really got to fight with you I think. Thanks for the supporting words too... And hope you reroll into village.

Ckroeg (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 06:27 PM

#15211, "RE: YOGOR SMASH!!!"
In response to Reply #8

We had some good times and some bad times. But even in the bad, "YOGOR SMASH!" always brought a smile to my face. Good luck on the next.

VynmylakFri 14-Feb-03 11:24 AM
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15210, "RE: YOGOR SMASH!!!"
In response to Reply #8

Well, disappointed but figured I was going to see this one. I really enjoyed the role and what I got to watch of you. Our playing times didn't always mesh, but when they did, I tried to take the time and interact/watch when I could.

Good luck with the new character and have fun.

-- Vyn

Jhard (Guest)Fri 14-Feb-03 11:33 AM

#15209, "RE: YOGOR SMASH!!!"
In response to Reply #8

You tasted good, always loved talking to you, i'm actually quite impressed with a few of the recent ragers, that actually talk, rather than me smash, me smash, the rp in the village has been on an upswing, and you were part of it, thanks for the fun, and yes i was one of the warlocks that didnt loot you

Jhard Oakenstaff, Precepter of the Golden Tower

KastellynMon 10-Feb-03 08:37 PM
864 posts
#15215, "Farewell!"
In response to Reply #0

Well played, great role, I know I speak for all the Battle Imms when I say you will be missed. You weren't the most deathful rager ever, but you sure were fun to have around in the Village!

To those of you who think the Yogor-speak was anything other than it was, you're wrong. It was deeply embedded into his role, and was very well thought out and implemented.

You will be missed!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

someone (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 10:52 PM

#15216, "No offense"
In response to Reply #5

It may very well have been deeply embedded into the role, and it may very well have been a good job implementing it. I didn't argue that.

I am sure that there were a number of "Mages killed my village" roles that were very well done, and very nicely implemented.

That does not change the humor in it being so common.

IntronanTue 11-Feb-03 06:44 AM
25 posts
#15217, "No offense!"
In response to Reply #6

But you really don't know what you're talking about. I liked Yogor's role, Yogor's roleplay, pretty much everything about Yogor. I'm with Kast here... the guy did an excellent job. His role and roleplay was uncommon, in many ways, and always above average. So, uh, nahh nahh nahh.

Good job Yogor

DC (Guest)Wed 12-Feb-03 03:56 AM

#15218, "RE: No offense!"
In response to Reply #7

Well we don't get the benefit of reading roles. My only memories of Yogor was him chasing me around with Ckroeg and then calling me a coward when I slew Ckroeg after summoning Ckroeg away. Reading his role it looks like he stuck to it and looks neat but I'm just explaing my personal point of view. My first reaction, I'll admit was, "Christ almighty how did this guy get a friggin tattoo?" A fault of mine for being less open minded but its more of a perspective thing I guess.

someone (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 06:53 PM

#15219, "You, are the reason people laugh at rager-speak."
In response to Reply #0

Please don't take offense at this. But I remember meeting your character at rank 12 in the warrior's bar.

I didn't get "Pirate" at all.

I got...."here is an arial...probably with above 19 int...trying his DAMNEDEST to talk like every dumb giant to ever come out of the Village."

I knew then...just by listening to you talk, that you were a village applicant.

And I am not surprised that you got tatted and respected in the Village.

If there is an equation that works...use it, I guess.

It used to be "mages killed my village".

Now it's "Yogor SMASH! Yogor TOUGH! Yogor Smart!"

Like everyone who has had a giant with a less than intelligent role....who also happens to be a villager.

A Nexus Mage (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 07:31 PM

#15220, "Snicker"
In response to Reply #3

I have a feeling that he (yogor) has only/mainly made mages before Yogor, and that this one was his first rager. I would bet that he made Yogor to make fun of ragers, hence, the dumb talk (No offense towards you Yogor; I'll probably end up doing the same thing sooner or later ). Anyway, its sad to see you go, I always liked to cast armor on you with my lowbie mages.

PS-Forgive me if my analysis is wrong :-o

Broxx (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 06:47 PM

#15221, "RE: (DEL) Yogor the Weaponsmaster, Sounder of the Clar..."
In response to Reply #0

Damned hate to see you go. The few times we traveled you were always fun. Seems like the old ragers are all dying off now. Good luck with your next one.

Derdhuin (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 05:53 PM

#15222, "I had a feeling..."
In response to Reply #0

When I saw the Destructor say goodbye to you, I got that feeling in my gut that told me you had deleted.

I thank you for sponsoring me, for not yelling at me all of those times I messed up (cavefisher?) and for talking like a pirate. Probably most of all for talking like a pirate, because that was great.

Guess you'll never get a wife or get to meet my kids. Hope you had fun with this character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15206 Previous topic | Next topic