Subject: "(DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15190
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 09-Feb-03 11:22 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15190, "(DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension"

Sun Feb 9 23:21:39 2003

7 o''clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat on the Theran calendar Shalizar perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:97
PK Ratio:81% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension, Dranolian (Guest), 10-Feb-03 01:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension, Gaenlin, 10-Feb-03 03:24 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension, Dranolian (Guest), 10-Feb-03 04:17 PM, #4
     Reply My last post on this thread:, Valguarnera, 10-Feb-03 08:19 PM, #7
          Reply RE: My last post on this thread:, Dranolian (Guest), 11-Feb-03 12:07 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension, Felgaire (Guest), 10-Feb-03 04:24 PM, #5
          Reply it's not just.., Kalten (Guest), 10-Feb-03 07:30 PM, #6
          Reply Hmmm, Karel, 11-Feb-03 10:17 AM, #8
Reply Were you Dranolian too? (nt), Hutto, 10-Feb-03 01:04 PM, #1

Dranolian (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 01:37 PM

#15191, "RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension"
In response to Reply #0

Decided I may as well post something. Yeah it was me big surprise. Rolled a char with no role. Just wanted to PK and explore for more wands. Found barrier with this arcane. To bad I never got to use it. After the Scion purge this char became pointless since I enjoy the raid/defend aspect of the game. I understand why Valg did it and its our fault as much as yours. Wanna thank you Valg for all the fun with all the Scions I have had. Wish you luck with the cabal because I think this is going to be my last. Bet your over joyed to be rid of me. Oh well this char was a waste. I killed some and I died three times I think. Twice to the hunt. The hunt is fucking stupid. Killed me in two rounds both times.

-Dranolian

GaenlinMon 10-Feb-03 03:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15192, "RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension"
In response to Reply #2

>Decided I may as well post something. Yeah it was me big
>surprise. Rolled a char with no role. Just wanted to PK
>and explore for more wands. Found barrier with this arcane.

Were you Ghim? He was a fucking riot to watch during raids.

> To bad I never got to use it. After the Scion purge this
>char became pointless since I enjoy the raid/defend aspect
>of the game. I understand why Valg did it and its our fault
>as much as yours.

Oh? What's the fault of Valg's decisions? Sometimes he seems completely rash in doing so.

Wanna thank you Valg for all the fun with
>all the Scions I have had. Wish you luck with the cabal
>because I think this is going to be my last. Bet your over
>joyed to be rid of me. Oh well this char was a waste. I
>killed some and I died three times I think. Twice to the
>hunt. The hunt is fucking stupid. Killed me in two rounds
>both times.

Yup. Incredibly stupid. Demolishes on regular hits when you're fighting it, and it always being successful, not to mention the norecall bit behind it in a briartangle/wall of thorns?

Druids...need...toning...down. Maybe the imms'll get that.

Dranolian (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 04:17 PM

#15196, "RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension"
In response to Reply #3

-Were you Ghim? He was a fucking riot to watch during raids.

Yeah I was Ghim. Will I ever play a rager again? Man I wish I knew cranial lagged back then. Oh well.

-Oh? What's the fault of Valg's decisions? Sometimes he seems completely rash in doing so.

I caught rumor that Valg was upset that he had 5 scions that actually kicked ass and not a single one had a role. Also heard he was upset none of them tried to move forward the goals of the cabal. Sure thats the players fault. Its also Valgs fault for not getting stuff started. Well guess he did but by kicking everyone out.

-Yup. Incredibly stupid. Demolishes on regular hits when you're fighting it, and it always being successful, not to mention the norecall bit behind it in a briartangle/wall of thorns?

I took 5 mangles the first round. Fled UNDERWATER it was on me before I could move and dead. Can't word teleport duo or anything. A little much I would think. But I am not an imm and its not my job to talk balance is it?

-Dranolian

ValguarneraMon 10-Feb-03 08:19 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15197, "My last post on this thread:"
In response to Reply #4

Rolled a char with no role. Just wanted to PK and explore for more wands.

This pretty much summed up what I saw from the character.

I caught rumor that Valg was upset that he had 5 scions that actually kicked ass and not a single one had a role. Also heard he was upset none of them tried to move forward the goals of the cabal. Sure thats the players fault. Its also Valgs fault for not getting stuff started. Well guess he did but by kicking everyone out.

Lots of great characters don't have a role. The role command is optional. The cabal was purged because the roster at the time, with a few notable exceptions who were re-inducted shortly afterwards, had no discernable roleplay, and existed largely to log off whenever the Scepter wasn't there, or mysteriously swarm online when Scion was in power. The situation has improved markedly after the little purge went through.

Its also Valgs fault for not getting stuff started. Well guess he did but by kicking everyone out.

Roleplay breeds roleplay. Quests tend to go to the better characters. A useful expression I learned from one of my French co-workers: If you give flowers to a donkey, the donkey will just eat them. If I watch a character for a while, and can't think of any angle to run a quest around, I move on and watch more interesting characters. The last few quests I've played a major role in took on the order of 4-5 hours each. It's not worth that time and effort to cook something up for a character who doesn't make any effort even in dealings with other PCs.

The only notes I have on this character have to do with the little rules problem you and your buddies had. Given how paper-thin this character was, you have a lot of balls implying that I should bust my ass (more than I already do) to craft something custom that revolved around you.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Dranolian (Guest)Tue 11-Feb-03 12:07 PM

#15198, "RE: My last post on this thread:"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for the explanation on why the purge went down. Sometimes its good to hear things right from the source instead of through the rumor mill.

I just want to say I think you do a major kick ass job. I never wanted anything to revolve around me. Especially not with this char. I was speaking in general for the cabal. Once again I want to thank you for all the stuff and time I have spent in the Scion cabal.

-Dranolian

Felgaire (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 04:24 PM

#15193, "RE: (DEL) Shalizar the Master of Dimension"
In response to Reply #3

Sassmi is gone, wall of thorns is gone for now untill the next leader that plays 600+ hours gets it.

The hunt is a power you can only use for 2 hours and not for 4 hours. So you should be able to see a weakness there somewhere.

Yet lions and rams do ***DEM*** on regular hits too, and they don't have the draw back of only being able to be used in the wilderness and during a full moon. OVERPOWERED! shark hits for >>>ERR<<< and UNSPEAKS..overpowered!!!!!! bash can perma lag you...OVERPOWERED!!!! Arcanes can hide from everyone, OVERPOWERED!!!! Dirt kick makes it so you cannot see for 30 seconds, OVERPOWERED!!!! Healers can heal, OVERPOWERED!!!! healers need to be toned down, they shouldn't be able to heal people to full health in two or three communes!! and let us not talk about healing sleep!!! OMG that one really needs to go. Necros can do the flee and sleep tactic all day, OVERPOWERED!!!

Felgaire

Kalten (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 07:30 PM

#15195, "it's not just.."
In response to Reply #5

When a lion attacks you can recall or teleport, also when a lion attacks you don't have a player sunraying you while a few mobs _in addition_ to the hunt whoop on your ass. Then to put the icing on the cake when the druid kills you he has his treant full loot every thing in your corpse. 2 hours is a LONG time to be that powerfull. Druids have alot of other advantages that make them powerfull, however I think maybe get rid of looting treants or tone down the hunt damage a little. I mean shoot if I had a spell I could use for two hours that _just_ made it so they can't recall or teleport I'd have a damn field day.

-K

KarelTue 11-Feb-03 10:17 AM
569 posts
#15194, "Hmmm"
In response to Reply #5

By two hours do you mean game ticks, or the moon is full for two real hours? If you mean ticks, you're wrong. Maybe it's two for a 40th druid, unsure as I've never had a druid that young call one on me. I still think having more than one hunt able to be called on one person is a bit much, but then again, unlike lions and such, you can always see if the moon is full and stay out of places that a hunt can be called from, or just run your ass off. I often made mysef the only available target for a hunt so people less likely to survive one wouldn't turn into a smear. Then I just run it somewhere and come back. And maybe next time you can lay it on a little less thick there Felgaire. Everyone likes a little ass, no one likes a smart ass.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

HuttoMon 10-Feb-03 01:04 PM
234 posts
#15199, "Were you Dranolian too? (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

Hutto

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15190 Previous topic | Next topic