Subject: "(DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutenan" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15153
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 09-Feb-03 12:14 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15153, "(DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutenan"

Sun Feb 9 00:13:26 2003

1 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Akrenetai perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:202
PK Ratio:68% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Gobble!! Gobble!!, Griimbling (Guest), 11-Feb-03 07:25 PM, #33
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Felgaire (Guest), 09-Feb-03 12:36 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Caysh, 09-Feb-03 12:46 AM, #3
Reply Why do you have the Lt position if it means nothing?, Gre (Guest), 09-Feb-03 12:52 AM, #4
Reply RE: Why do you have the Lt position if it means nothing..., Akrenetai (Guest), 09-Feb-03 01:04 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Why do you have the Lt position if it means nothing..., Iell (Guest), 09-Feb-03 06:02 AM, #7
          Reply Ahh this just smacks of Sylvan Death Squad, Gre (Guest), 10-Feb-03 03:38 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Ahh this just smacks of Sylvan Death Squad, felgaire (Guest), 10-Feb-03 04:08 PM, #31
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Cardiel (Guest), 09-Feb-03 03:03 AM, #6
Reply Well Done, Iell (Guest), 09-Feb-03 06:12 AM, #8
Reply Yeah, Trylartin (Guest), 09-Feb-03 08:38 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Tarragain (Guest), 09-Feb-03 01:03 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Felgaire (Guest), 09-Feb-03 01:15 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Gaenlin, 09-Feb-03 10:32 PM, #19
     Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Felgaire (Guest), 09-Feb-03 11:17 PM, #20
     Reply Read this Gaenlin, Sassmi (Guest), 10-Feb-03 12:16 AM, #21
     Reply IC information., Gaenlin, 10-Feb-03 03:00 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Read this Gaenlin, Gaenlin, 10-Feb-03 03:10 PM, #26
          Reply RE: Read this Gaenlin, Felgaire (Guest), 10-Feb-03 03:51 PM, #29
     Reply well the character Felgaire..., Daurwyn (Guest), 10-Feb-03 04:09 AM, #22
          Reply Felgaire was the best leader I've served under. nt, Omian/Trien (Guest), 10-Feb-03 05:36 AM, #23
          Reply RE: well the character Felgaire..., Gaenlin, 10-Feb-03 03:18 PM, #27
               Reply RE: well the character Felgaire..., Felgaire (Guest), 10-Feb-03 03:58 PM, #30
Reply I don't know about you, Daurwyn (Guest), 09-Feb-03 01:16 PM, #12
     Reply that should have said "two" enemies nt, D, 09-Feb-03 01:17 PM, #13
     Reply A vague aside, nepenthe, 09-Feb-03 01:38 PM, #14
          Reply heh, permanewbie, 09-Feb-03 03:17 PM, #15
          Reply Syvlan Tact., Deveskrius (Guest), 09-Feb-03 03:48 PM, #16
               Reply We're way off topic here..., nepenthe, 09-Feb-03 04:46 PM, #17
                    Reply Hey Nepenthe..., Lightmage, 09-Feb-03 08:32 PM, #18
Reply Well..., Braoldan (Guest), 10-Feb-03 09:37 AM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Lillquillini (Guest), 11-Feb-03 02:36 PM, #32
Reply Secret wand locations, Saldradien, 12-Feb-03 11:13 AM, #34
Reply RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..., Brahaid (Guest), 12-Feb-03 12:55 PM, #35
Reply Thanks for...., Arigil (Guest), 13-Feb-03 08:53 AM, #36
Reply bah two warders gone in 5 minutes, Nurwon, 09-Feb-03 12:15 AM, #1

Griimbling (Guest)Tue 11-Feb-03 07:25 PM

#15154, "Gobble!! Gobble!!"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed Akrenetai alot, it saddened me when you appeared when
you deleted and just srated dropping everything. I wish you had not
left it was fun to be around you as you were the more serious type
in contrast of Griimbling. You always seemed to me to be the silent and deadly type..

Griimbling!!

Felgaire (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 12:36 AM

#15155, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, my first warrior since my nexus hero from before legacies. I like axe spec(first axe spec) and always like whips. Didn't expect to get lieutenant and not sure why I did get it. I've been pondering over deleting for the past week and seeing sassmi delete has just made me decide to do it. I know this puts the warders in a ##### hole. But I wouldn't be a good leader(if I were made captain). Picked whispers of the great siege which is awesome, was getting 180 hp per tick while sleeping. Makes the wait much more bearable. Also gates of the forge, which was ok..but I see now it was tailor made for dwarfs/duergar with pwent. That would be some nasty damage reduction. I had not died in a long time and truely feel useless at a warrior all together, I like mages(read invokers) a hell of a lot more.

Sylvans: Sassmi...was great running around with you. You and I could do anything and were a scarey combo.

Iell: you trouble maker you

griimy: You were great... leave the turkey alone!

Omian: you needed to keep up!!!!

Brahaid: was nice having you around..I so wanted to tell you how to play a voker... I might not be the best..but I know my stuff when it comes to them.

Cardiel: God you pissed me off when you just watched me get bashed to death, never really impressed me...but keep learning.

rest of you, didn't know you all that well..except for the few I am forgetting.

Saldradien: Hope you can get the warders back to running at full speed.

Warlocks: I'm gonna mirror what sassmi said..you guys are terribly pathetic at the moment. And you have no real powerful enemies either!

jhard: shark is mean....

sao: you sure have a mouth on you.. but I beat you and you resorted to the stoneshattter and run the hell away tactic...

caysh: you are a bitch.....I mean that in a nice way really!

village: gre sorry if you got picked on too much there...I really hate it when people start telling me how I should be runing things and how to be thinking...thats why i just tuned you out at the end.

trylartin: was fun running around with you.

Scions: You guys are sucking big time...you won't even come defend when it is just sassmi and I raiding.... jhaelryna..you should have been able to fend us off last night..yet you just stayed away. darian too never defended as I could see. Though you did bash me to death once

straklaw.. might as well call you a scion..you have a rough life. keep it up though.

Sorry to that woodelf bard..arlogas? I jsut remembered you..but I think you will be able to get in with the new leader..you have learned a lot.

If I've forgotten anyone..jsut give a shout...I have only two semesters of school left and really need to get on it...the main reason for deleting...

I'll try to stay away untill the summer..since I obviously can't quit..

later

Akrenetai/Haziraa/Astaria/Felgaire(and about 6 other warlock vokers)/and DISOLA!!!! wooooooot

CayshSun 09-Feb-03 12:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15188, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #2

>caysh: you are a bitch.....I mean that in a nice way
>really!

Never really interacted with you outside of raids/retrievals. Choke is just plain nasty during retrievals. And I think you got me once or twice, both (I'm pretty sure) deafened and in thorns. One of which was at the bear, you missed two pincers, and I got failed something like 10 flees.

You know you want another Warlock on your list.

Gre (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 12:52 AM

#15183, "Why do you have the Lt position if it means nothing?"
In response to Reply #2

Why in the hell does Sylvan have Lt and leader if they don't mean anything. You told me that sylvans don't have to listen to you, that they are free spirits that don't have to deal with any kind of ramifications from their leaders. When you said that I actually fell out of my chair.

So basically you have a cabal who is supposedly "led" by a "leader" and a "lt" but don't worry, they don't actually have any power or anything, do whatever you want. Don't worry about anything unless a God catches you.

Why have a leader position at all? From what it sounded like (from my position) you were protecting a certain current member of sylvan instead of being a leader and making the hard choices. That is Gre's position.

As for me as a player, I was laughing for a good five minutes on how that certain sylvan member just lied to you and made you look like an ass and you just kept quiet, and lying to you on who looted me. It was so obvious it was disgusting and I remember sitting there saying, "this guy cannot be this stupid! Damn I hope this is in his roleplay."

Good luck with whatever you do. Do remember that as a leader you have to do some tough decisions. Don't be a leader if you can't do those.

Akrenetai (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 01:04 AM

#15184, "RE: Why do you have the Lt position if it means nothing..."
In response to Reply #4

I know Iell lied to me and I know she is a trouble maker But she is also a good warder. We (sylvan and village) were/are still at war...sort of. Which I took as personal preferance as too you could kill a villager if you wanted to. I chose not too attack villagers who weren't defilers. Plus you have to look at it from my point of view, I'm told by three different people that you are a defiler of sorts(after the fact) which tells me I was right. Maybe you weren't a drow or anything... but killing wild creatures is still a no no. Plus I took leadership positions in sylvan as a very loose position, that was my take on it. I tried to let sylvans run on their own, so unless there was a BIG nonsylvan act going I wasn't going to say anything. That was the way I was going about things. If there was even an ounce of reasoning on any action taken, I let it be. Even if questionable. You might not agree with that, but tough Plus you started to come off as whining towards the end.. and it was annoying me, because akrenetai felt the warders were in the right, even if just loosely right.

Iell (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 06:02 AM

#15185, "RE: Why do you have the Lt position if it means nothing..."
In response to Reply #5

Actually, ooc wise even, you were never lied to Akrenetai. Gre did attack my forest creatures before the war even started. And I believe Omian or Griimbling were there to witness it. Gre claimed it was because we were killed other villagers that were defilers. IC wise, that makes sense for Gre to have that reaction. He can be like he is and hate sylvan when they attack defilers of the village, or like many of the other villagers who see it is an individual incedent. For this reason, and attacking the rangers which all the other sylvan saw, Iell considers Gre a defiler exclusively of the village war which Iell finds past time to end. Reguardless though, Gre would still be a defiler.

I'm actually extremely disappointed. I thought Gre was just roleplaying ic, I did not really think...or hoped...that he didn't whine that much ooc...

But yes, iell did cause trouble with Gre in one sense. She kept quoting all his comments to you, many of which were very defiler like. If they were taken out of context, it was to Iell's wish roleplaying wise. As she considers him a defiler and deserving of death reguardless of what evidence is or isn't stacked against him.

Gre (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 03:38 PM

#15186, "Ahh this just smacks of Sylvan Death Squad"
In response to Reply #7

. . . with walls of thorns on eastern and everything. Sylvan, kill anyone who ever touches anything deemed natural by you guys, although 90% of the people don't know what you call natural nor does anyone get a warning or anything, just kill kill kill. Fire up the sylvan death squad II.

As to you being disappointed, I don't see what you have to be disappointed about, nor do I really care, but answer this: Am I supposed to come and post on a goodbye note a happy, goodie, "Did a good job good luck with next post." or can I post questionable actions about the character and get answers to it? Can I look for answers my character probably would not get or want to get IC? The answer is "Yes", that is what the battlefield is for. So get over it and stop buying into the "everything has to be pretty and perfect or its a troll post" idea.

I wanted to know why sylvan has leadership positions when they don't mean anything and that members of sylvan do not have to fear any kind of ramifications to flat out lying to their LTs and leaders.

And honestly both as a player and a character, I had no idea at all I was labelled a defiler before or after the war. In fact I stood and talked to Sassmi, and a few other sylvans before the war and there was no mention. Suddenly, out of no where, I'm a defiler.

Oh and Good luck with your next.

felgaire (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 04:08 PM

#15187, "RE: Ahh this just smacks of Sylvan Death Squad"
In response to Reply #28

>I wanted to know why sylvan has leadership positions when they don't mean anything and that members of sylvan do not have to fear any kind of ramifications to flat out lying to their LTs and leaders.

If you don't agree with how something was done, tough titties.

>. . . with walls of thorns on eastern and everything. Sylvan, kill anyone who ever touches anything deemed natural by you guys, although 90% of the people don't know what you call natural nor does anyone get a warning or anything, just kill kill kill. Fire up the sylvan death squad II.

If you don't understand with why something was done, tough titties. not everything has to be made 100% clear.

>or can I post questionable actions about the character and get answers to it? Can I look for answers my character probably would not get or want to get IC? The answer is "Yes", that is what the battlefield is for. So get over it and stop buying into the "everything has to be pretty and perfect or its a troll post" idea.

Same can be said about in game actions, not everything has to make sense to you. If you don't like it, tough titties. If Iell calls you a defiler, I'm gonna believe her over you. If sylvans want to kill/attack you for killing trail rangers, then thats how it is. It doesn't have to make sense to you, it is their roleplay. Not everything has to go the way you think it should be going. If the actions were way out of line, the leadership would have done something. And if nothing happened there, I'm sure the IMMs would have done something. If you don't like how someone is leading, well tough titties, get over it.

Felgaire

Cardiel (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 03:03 AM

#15182, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #2

ic: sorry to let you died like that.

ooc: **** you, rank 38 warrior ordering a rank 51 invoker to give him shields. alright there goes the shields. then im runnig back to the grove, pass the room you where fighting, see you land a couple of MASSACRES and left, when I come back, you are getting hits and injuries, no way you are going to die, I look the Darian, bleeding wounds, I try to do bioempathy on him, turns out I cant, couse its ashes not grove. you got a few more injuries by the nightwalker... dead, by the time the lag of bioempathy is gone you were looted. grab the rest of your things.

Then you came to the grove and started insulting me, I was like "what the hell is wrong with you!" stop yelling at me, so what you died and got looted, its not like you lost 10con.

you were by far not a sylvan type of player, I dont think you enjoi the char as you could have in another cabal.

And yes Cardiel is my first invoker, And no I dont care ##### for beeing a pker, so I dont care if I learn slow on him. And in fact I DO think I know lots about invokers, more than lots other invokers at least.

anyways, good luck on your next char.

Iell (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 06:12 AM

#15181, "Well Done"
In response to Reply #2

Just wanted to say I really liked Akrenetai. We had many interactions before I was on vacation the las couple weeks. I could always count on you for being their with me in the thick of things. I like all the warders a lot in their own respects. I really appreciate the warders who help to watch over the forests and those that are able to aid against the armies that oppose us. I think a good warder must demonstrate a balance of both, with the ability to multi-task back and forth. Unfortunately, there are some sylvan who are not up for joining in with Iell against overwhelming odds But you were always there and undoubtedly brought the most brutal strength among the sylvans. I could tell from when you were leving up as a sylvan that you knew more about the realms than most, it just really came across. You also did a pretty great job as a lieutenant, you were there to give guidance without being overbearing. Iell always deferred to your wisdom as she thought was appropriate since you were a lieutenant and it was usually good wisdom.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you around again in some other incarnation.

Iell

Trylartin (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 08:38 AM

#15180, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #2

I liked you and talking to you. Even ranking. And I enjoyed that talk where I was trying to prove to you that Ckroeg and minotaurs arent defilers....good luck in the future.

Trylartin

Tarragain (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 01:03 PM

#15161, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #2

>>Scions: You guys are sucking big time...you won't even come
>defend when it is just sassmi and I raiding....
>jhaelryna..you should have been able to fend us off last
>night..yet you just stayed away. darian too never defended
>as I could see. Though you did bash me to death once

How many Scion members do you think there are? Moreover, how many of them are going to defend against a raid party that tends to bring about 2-4 of them?

Try playing a Scion for a while, and you'll see how damn tough it is, instead of abandoning your throwaway invoker at what? 30th or something level?

Felgaire (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 01:15 PM

#15169, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #10

You sound as whiny as gaenlin...I remember whem thornarcrull defended against 5, and he was alone. So stop crying and grow some balls.

And I'm insulted at throw away invoker...I never throw 150 hours of spam away for nothing. Scions were well on top my whole time there. And that was only a month or so ago. So stop crying and do something productive instead of whining about how tough you have it. Everyone has been through those times.

Felgaire

GaenlinSun 09-Feb-03 10:32 PM
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15170, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #11

>You sound as whiny as gaenlin...I remember whem thornarcrull
>defended against 5, and he was alone. So stop crying and
>grow some balls.

He's also a healer. It's hard to heal a shifter in the same regard, you should know that being around Gwimdorf in your chameleon.

>And I'm insulted at throw away invoker...I never throw 150
>hours of spam away for nothing. Scions were well on top my
>whole time there. And that was only a month or so ago. So
>stop crying and do something productive instead of whining
>about how tough you have it. Everyone has been through those
>times.

You've only ever played characters who have been on the winning side of things. If you don't seriously play an underdog and do well with them (when was the last time that seriously happened?) you have no right to comment.

Actually, you had Haazira about three months ago, if I remember correctly. You were rarely on, and if you were there were already 9 or so other Scions around. I had a Scion back then, and yeah, there were a ton of people.

Try and play something that's not so fair-weather, eh? I find it's a lot more productive instead of commenting on how much you'd raid and we wouldn't defend (where's the point in defending against a druid in a full moon when you're going to eat a hunt and a few *** deva *** sunrays? (this being through aura/shield/stone skin). Unlike you, it's hard to get allies when your leader sets standards for applicants and doesn't induct everything sending her a tell like Sassmi did.

You weren't that good. I know I'm not that good, but you weren't that good, and were even less so given that you had it all handed to you on a platter.

Felgaire (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 11:17 PM

#15179, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #19

Heh..if you say so... can you cry anymore? I have a feeling you can.

Having played akrenetai this past week quite a bit, i can say sassmi and I were the only regulars. So your statement is full of it.

I made and deleted Haazira in December, so that was a month ago or so. I played 120 hours in one month. That is not rarely logging on.

I played plenty of characters that were on the wrong side. I had an adept during Dullameh's rampage with the hoard of scions and scion lackies. That was fun. Felgaire didn't even have it very nice for a while there either. So I know what you are going through, but I defended and I fought. I did not cry and whine and generally act like a scared child. Which you have down really well, time to start roleplaying something else..like someone who can handle himself.
I even tried my hand at an evil conjurer, uncabaled and heroed. Didn't cry about that one, except that I didn't like all the sleeping.

You seem to think the whole world is against you, news flash... you do it to yourself, stop crying please.

I never said I was good, hell I suck at warriors. But I never cried, except maybe about jhards shark that tore me a new one Point of this is, stop crying... not everything is overpowered...or everything is overpowered..or everything is underpowered...matters little how you look at it. Stop bitching and whining and crying. You are easy to spot, only you whine and cry so much....

Sassmi (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 12:16 AM

#15175, "Read this Gaenlin"
In response to Reply #19

Sassmi DID NOT induct every single applicant that goes to her. Don't try to drag someone into the topic that does not concern her. If you don't know anything about it, then shut up and don't mention. Don't make yourself look like a fool when you're already a whining panther.

GaenlinMon 10-Feb-03 03:00 PM
85 posts
#15178, "IC information."
In response to Reply #21

Don't bring IC information here (forms, etc). The character's not dead, and I'd like some element of surprise to apply.

Thank you in advance.

GaenlinMon 10-Feb-03 03:10 PM
85 posts
#15176, "RE: Read this Gaenlin"
In response to Reply #21

>Sassmi DID NOT induct every single applicant that goes to
>her. Don't try to drag someone into the topic that does not
>concern her. If you don't know anything about it, then shut
>up and don't mention. Don't make yourself look like a fool
>when you're already a whining panther.

You inducted pretty damn easily as far as leaders were concerned. A friend and I were chatting about it one day and wondered if that was the case (I said no, it wasn't, and that Sylvan's always been a hard cabal to get into, incidentally).

Inducting easily does two things:

1) You induct useless people, inevitably. I've had two leaders, so I speak from some experience.

2) If you don't have some degree of control over who you induct (often done when you induct easily) you again induct too much. I regret a lot of the people I inducted in retrospect.

Again, inductions shouldn't be easy for any cabal, really, save for perhaps the Acolytes of the Golden Sun (they don't get great powers, and the whole gist of it is to be designed for newbies to learn the cabal system). Sylvans, on the other hand, can completely choose their combats, and for that reason alone chameleon's arguably a first-tier power on par with deathblow and magical control. Sylvan groupies will inevitably jump on me and argue otherwise, but I've had Sylvans in the past as well and would have done very well if I just had chameleon as the only cabal power given to me.

Another thing is to read my post on IC information. I don't bring any IC information about specific people in posts like this (not once did I name you when I was arguing against the wall of thorns/briartangle - other people ended up doing that), so please respect that and refrain from doing so in the future.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Felgaire (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 03:51 PM

#15177, "RE: Read this Gaenlin"
In response to Reply #26

>Another thing is to read my post on IC information. I don't bring any IC information about specific people in posts like this (not once did I name you when I was arguing against the wall of thorns/briartangle - other people ended up doing that), so please respect that and refrain from doing so in the future.

Considering she was the only person with wall of thorns, it didn't take a far leap to realize who you were talking about. So you did bring her into the conversation, are really that obtuse?

>1) You induct useless people, inevitably. I've had two leaders, so I speak from some experience.

This is a game, the people might be useless to the cabal, but thats what they wanted to play and if she felt they should be inducted then they were. get off your high horse. WOOOOOO you've had two leaders and you only inducted people that were not useless? What the hell does that mean. You do realize this is a game and other people play to have fun and are not going to play characters that directly benefit you all the time. I guess since no one else has ever had two leaders we should be listening to you.

>You inducted pretty damn easily as far as leaders were concerned. A friend and I were chatting about it one day and wondered if that was the case (I said no, it wasn't, and that Sylvan's always been a hard cabal to get into, incidentally).

Thats her perogative, get a grip..she was leader and you weren't. Don't go off telling others how to play. Unless of course they are useless. We wouldn't want that.

>Again, inductions shouldn't be easy for any cabal, really, save for perhaps the Acolytes of the Golden Sun (they don't get great powers, and the whole gist of it is to be designed for newbies to learn the cabal system). Sylvans, on the other hand, can completely choose their combats, and for that reason alone chameleon's arguably a first-tier power on par with deathblow and magical control. Sylvan groupies will inevitably jump on me and argue otherwise, but I've had Sylvans in the past as well and would have done very well if I just had chameleon as the only cabal power given to me.

no, the point is to have fun. So soley based on powers you would want to rank how hard it is to get into a cabal? I somehow think you would whine about something even if chameleon was the only power given to you.

felgaire

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 04:09 AM

#15171, "well the character Felgaire..."
In response to Reply #19

Daurywn didn't get inducted into warlocks until about my 45th rank or something, by which time I had a lot of hours on the character.

Felgaire was the only warlock on against a lot of scions during that period. Sure, things swung into warlock favor for a time a month or so later, but Felgaire at least stuck the rough out with the smooth (which I suspect if largely why he got made a leader over the other warlocks at the time).

If you play a character for long enough, you get periods of easy life and periods of being against the world. Things are actually pretty balanced right now, at least during European hours. And lest you think I'm saying that from the point of view of someone on what you call the "fair-weather" side, I'm not. I'm saying it from the point of view of someone on your side, who has played a few evil characters ever since deleting Lokrin, and none that have not been evil.

Omian/Trien (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 05:36 AM

#15174, "Felgaire was the best leader I've served under. nt"
In response to Reply #22

nt

GaenlinMon 10-Feb-03 03:18 PM
85 posts
#15172, "RE: well the character Felgaire..."
In response to Reply #22

>Felgaire was the only warlock on against a lot of scions
>during that period. Sure, things swung into warlock favor
>for a time a month or so later, but Felgaire at least stuck
>the rough out with the smooth (which I suspect if largely
>why he got made a leader over the other warlocks at the
>time).

Maybe. I had real-life crap going on when Dullameh's heyday was going on.

>If you play a character for long enough, you get periods of
>easy life and periods of being against the world. Things
>are actually pretty balanced right now, at least during
>European hours. And lest you think I'm saying that from the
>point of view of someone on what you call the "fair-weather"
>side, I'm not. I'm saying it from the point of view of
>someone on your side, who has played a few evil characters
>ever since deleting Lokrin, and none that have not been
>evil.

Yeah, European hours are relatively balanced, I'd have to agree with you there. Although, yesterday, 5 sylvan heroes came on within the span of about five minutes, maybe a half-hour after I'd retrieved, so it tends to swing into the unbalanced range relatively fast, on either side.

Incidentally, I make the post about druids and a bunch of other posts crop up on both here and the gameplay board. It's fun being the proverbial "whipping boy" for a while and then people realize you might be saying something a bit truthful yet don't acknowledge you for saying it in the first place.

Felgaire (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 03:58 PM

#15173, "RE: well the character Felgaire..."
In response to Reply #27

>Yeah, European hours are relatively balanced, I'd have to agree with you there. Although, yesterday, 5 sylvan heroes came on within the span of about five minutes, maybe a half-hour after I'd retrieved, so it tends to swing into the unbalanced range relatively fast, on either side.

So you don't have it that hard, yet still whining. By your own admission the ranks swing both ways.

>Incidentally, I make the post about druids and a bunch of other posts crop up on both here and the gameplay board. It's fun being the proverbial "whipping boy" for a while and then people realize you might be saying something a bit truthful yet don't acknowledge you for saying it in the first place.

You are the whipping boy because you whine and cry about everything. How hard your life is on CF, how easy everyone with Wall of Thorns has it(read only one person did have it). Apparently the IMMs don't agree with you, I saw Sassmi die on a two on two fight. So obviously she didn't have easy either. It can be done(killing druids in even fights). The point is is, you can't do it. get over it or get better.

Felgaire

Daurwyn (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 01:16 PM

#15162, "I don't know about you"
In response to Reply #10

but I'd hope that most caballed people would try to defend from to enemies if alone.

Being at your inner guardian gives you quite a big advantage at hero.

You might die, but that's part of what being caballed is about. It is why I play an uncaballed if I don't want to die like that.

DSun 09-Feb-03 01:17 PM
0 posts
#15168, "that should have said "two" enemies nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

nepentheSun 09-Feb-03 01:38 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15163, "A vague aside"
In response to Reply #12

In some cases, it is quite possible that a member of a cabal might have no idea that a raid is occuring. . .

(If anyone clarifies that, I'm gonna kick them in the junk.)

Something else I've personally been seeing a lot with Scion lately is of this form: Cabal X or Random Sassy Svirf Warrior Y starts raiding them and complaining that random uncaballed evils P and Q isn't showing up. Meanwhile the one Scion actually logged on is off trying to get the item back from other Cabal Z.

I didn't used to care for watching Scion much. Since their purge I'm finding I enjoy it.

permanewbieSun 09-Feb-03 03:17 PM
349 posts
#15167, "heh"
In response to Reply #14

If anyone clarifies that, I'm gonna kick them in the junk

Why? I can name at least three reasons why someone wouldn't know that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with your baby.

*Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!*

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Deveskrius (Guest)Sun 09-Feb-03 03:48 PM

#15164, "Syvlan Tact."
In response to Reply #14

In general, when Sylvans raid, they hit and run outside to their briars, so its in all liklihood that a solo or small group of scions is extremely easy to take out in a briar/wall of thorns placed right outside the Chasm. On a sidenote, did you ever watch me? I didn't really fight much all in all considering.

nepentheSun 09-Feb-03 04:46 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15165, "We're way off topic here..."
In response to Reply #16

But yeah, I did, a little. What I saw usually favorably impressed me. It seemed like you had on days and off days fighting-wise, but I don't imagine that's a surprise to you.

LightmageSun 09-Feb-03 08:32 PM
319 posts
#15166, "Hey Nepenthe..."
In response to Reply #17

You always seem to be doing programming stuff and watching people.....you should make another mortal char and bring back some whoppin. Just a suggestion.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Braoldan (Guest)Mon 10-Feb-03 09:37 AM

#15160, "Well..."
In response to Reply #2

It sucks to get ganked by a couple sylvans, as a felar, only to have them say....oops, I thought you were "the dwarf." Other then that we never really talked much outside of ranking together when we were younger, but I always wanted to pay you back for some reason. Is that wrong of me? Heh, see you with the next.

Lillquillini (Guest)Tue 11-Feb-03 02:36 PM

#15159, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #2

Though you dont remember me...Helped you raid like Once and goruped sometimes...

SaldradienWed 12-Feb-03 11:13 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15158, "Secret wand locations"
In response to Reply #2

Well not really, but I thought I'd shoot a word or two under you. Been busy so that's why I haven't gotten around to it until now. Lemme see... Akrenetai, bummer to see you delete. Akrenetai was the balance to Sassmi. Cold, deadly, fierce. I knew you were on par rp wise so I was more than happy to see what you had in ya as far as leader type position went. Reliable, that's the word I think of when I look back on my interactions with Akrenetai. I send a warlock to you and only you seeking peace knowing you wouldnt let me down, and true to form you laid it out in a completely unfair manner for them. So where does that leave us. I think you can call this one a success if you had fun with it, because ultimately isnt that the scale by which your experience should be judged? I would have been interested to see how Akrennie would have followed through without Sassmi, but thems the breaks for me. Luck on whatever follows.

Sally

- My fingers on the trigga, Tell the lord
- To make way for another straight Thug Nigga
- I'm sitting getting buzzed, looking for some love
- from the homies, cuz shorty wanna be a Thug

Brahaid (Guest)Wed 12-Feb-03 12:55 PM

#15157, "RE: (DEL) Akrenetai the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutena..."
In response to Reply #2

Hell I was always open to suggestions, Was my first Voker, and first Character in almost two years, Sassmi Was always giving me tips/hints... I had a great time though. Seems the death Angel does not like me anymore cause he is not speaking up about me..

Arigil (Guest)Thu 13-Feb-03 08:53 AM

#15156, "Thanks for...."
In response to Reply #2

being a good travelmate. I traveled with you guys so much that a lot of people thought I was sylvan. I raided with you guys I help you guys defend against Scion and all that. I just thought it was funny, being that the only Maran that I actually ever saw during my playing time was Allandaler(sp) and he IMMed so it was funny.

Arigil

NurwonSun 09-Feb-03 12:15 AM
0 posts
#15189, "bah two warders gone in 5 minutes"
In response to Reply #0

my ally list is growin short, only interacted with you a few times. you seemed strong and competant. nice job and have fun man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15153 Previous topic | Next topic