Subject: "(DEL) Kaatamnon the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14632
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Jan-03 01:41 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14632, "(DEL) Kaatamnon the Weaponsmaster"

Sat Jan 25 13:39:29 2003

4 o''clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Great Evil on the Theran calendar Kaatamnon perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:188
PK Ratio:25% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Like the character, Arowyth (Guest), 26-Jan-03 03:11 PM, #10
Reply Sinlauk loved you.You need to know.nt, Nightsteed, 25-Jan-03 10:05 PM, #6
Reply So long, and thanks for all the fun..., Kaatamnon (Guest), 25-Jan-03 01:50 PM, #1
     Reply thanks, SseanN, 25-Jan-03 02:50 PM, #2
     Reply A pleasure, Kaatamnon (Guest), 25-Jan-03 07:24 PM, #5
     Reply Warriors and the hero range., Gaenlin, 25-Jan-03 05:58 PM, #3
          Reply good or neutral warriors, Kaatamnon (Guest), 25-Jan-03 07:22 PM, #4
          Reply WHAT?!?, Young Nastyman, 25-Jan-03 11:24 PM, #7
               Reply RE: WHAT?!?, Gaenlin, 25-Jan-03 11:58 PM, #8
               Reply incidentally, reason I ask is..., Gaenlin, 26-Jan-03 12:04 AM, #9

Arowyth (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 03:11 PM

#14633, "Like the character"
In response to Reply #0

I got you once in a group three on three when you were ranking. Then I had to know if I could take you a lone. God bless scrolls, if it wasn't for the scroll I had, I'm sure you would have survived the fiend yet again.

Good job.

NightsteedSat 25-Jan-03 10:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14634, "Sinlauk loved you.You need to know.nt"
In response to Reply #0

Idle mind.

Kaatamnon (Guest)Sat 25-Jan-03 01:50 PM

#14635, "So long, and thanks for all the fun..."
In response to Reply #0

Not really much to say here, I recall reading the assassin who posted they should earn the title "mostly harmless". Well, if that were true then Kaatamnon should have been titled "pathetically harmless". But nonetheless I enjoyed playing him immensely. There is a strange freedom in playing just a big simple minded lug.

12 legacies down, 24 to go. Warriors by far are my favorite class. It's funny I remember times when the hero range was one warrior, 10 shifters, and a couple paladins, invokers, conjurers. Now I'd say warriors make up a good bulk of the hero range. Way to go, imms.

SseanNSat 25-Jan-03 02:50 PM
0 posts
#14641, "thanks"
In response to Reply #1

You sure helped my char when i needed it.
I was like where is all this new gear comming from.
been away for a while.

Devanshir says thanks

Kaatamnon (Guest)Sat 25-Jan-03 07:24 PM

#14642, "A pleasure"
In response to Reply #2

I love giving gear away to lower ranked chars that interest me one way or another. This is only second in enjoyment to posts on Dio's about how all this OOC gear sharing crap goes on. Don't know anybody OOC, never have, but I've given away more great sets than I've worn probably. You tearing through a duergar with that drowning blade must have been a sight to see

GaenlinSat 25-Jan-03 05:58 PM
85 posts
#14636, "Warriors and the hero range."
In response to Reply #1

>12 legacies down, 24 to go. Warriors by far are my favorite
>class. It's funny I remember times when the hero range was
>one warrior, 10 shifters, and a couple paladins, invokers,
>conjurers. Now I'd say warriors make up a good bulk of the
>hero range. Way to go, imms.

Warriors are a lot easier to rank up than shifters and invokers. Too easy, even, given the fact that their hp bonus at hero shouldn't even be there. They're too good, given the fact that they've got legacies now, and for the most part, the fact that you can rank up a hero warrior in a short amount of time should give you a bit less class balance than the mage who it takes about 100-150 hours to hero.

For evils, it's slightly more. Might I ask a question, though: are all those warrior heroes you had good?

Kaatamnon (Guest)Sat 25-Jan-03 07:22 PM

#14640, "good or neutral warriors"
In response to Reply #3

The few evils I've played have been shamans or assassins, no heroes

Young NastymanSat 25-Jan-03 11:24 PM
22 posts
#14637, "WHAT?!?"
In response to Reply #3

There is nothing, and I do mean nothing, easier to rank to hero than a shapeshifter. I ranked a UTILITY/WATER(!) shapeshifter to hero in less than 50 hours BEFORE they got 25 forms by rank 40 and I didn't rank with anybody I knew OOC. I cannot imagine a single circumstance, barring a severe and debilitating stroke, where it would take me more than 35 hours to rank a shapeshifter to hero given their current state.

The only hard part now is getting to claws of the lion and you could probably do that on exp quests alone.

GaenlinSat 25-Jan-03 11:58 PM
85 posts
#14639, "RE: WHAT?!?"
In response to Reply #7

There is nothing, and I do mean nothing, easier to rank to hero than a shapeshifter. I ranked a UTILITY/WATER(!) shapeshifter to hero in less than 50 hours BEFORE they got 25 forms by rank 40 and I didn't rank with anybody I knew OOC. I cannot imagine a single circumstance, barring a severe and debilitating stroke, where it would take me more than 35 hours to rank a shapeshifter to hero given their current state.

Were you evil?

GaenlinSun 26-Jan-03 12:04 AM
85 posts
#14638, "incidentally, reason I ask is..."
In response to Reply #7

It's difficult to get a decent group as a shifter late 20s-early 30s as an evil. If you've got no one good to do it with, you might as well forget the power-ranking as you said. It's a difficult point for many evils, but particularly shifters as they're into their second form which is pretty poor for tanking appropriate mobs like Eregion elves and shoppies, for example.

If one of your foci was water and you were evil, that'd make it a lot easier (silvery spirits, etc). So you could have been evil and pulled it out quite easily post 4th form.

Otherwise, yeah, it's easy as all hell to get sanc through a paladin or whatever, or a stormie warrior to do the tanking.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14632 Previous topic | Next topic