Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Darbod Nobletaur the Holy of Fai..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146025
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 25-Jan-24 01:45 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146025, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Darbod Nobletaur the Holy of Faith, Imperial Priest"

Thu Jan 25 00:43:28 2024

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Darbod perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:259

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Taenya (Anonymous)Thu 25-Jan-24 10:32 AM
Charter member
#146029, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Darbod Nobletaur the Holy of..."
In response to Reply #0

Calling people a coward for not facing you on your ideal terms is fairly standard in CF, so I took your constantly doing so as RP and tried to play along, even though it got pretty old. But in light of your expletive-laden note prior to rage delete, I see now that these were actually the OOC expressions of a frustrated player.

< 12> Mon Jan 22 00:13:27 2024
To : taenya sinnyah
Subject: F*** you

You are the worst multi-killing ganker I have dealt with in 20
years playing this game. You and the other Outlander gankers made
this game less fun. No other enemies do that. I am done. F*** you!

F*** you both. You f***ing suck. You ruin this game.

I felt truly awful receiving that. I never want to be part of the reason someone isn't enjoying the game, within the limits of reasonable player etiquette.

Let's break this down a bit. Multi-killing is when a player kills the same character repeatedly during a login just because they can. This is not something I have ever or will ever do. If I killed you out in the world, I left you alone for the rest of the day. Next day, sure maybe I will again.

The exception here, and something that seems unclear to you based upon your note, is cabal raids. There is no situation where I allow you to recover your cabal item just because you died trying previously. If you come to someone's cabal, you are accepting the odds that are there and waiving all considerations of previous deaths. Why you kept doing so was utterly baffling to me. If the odds are impossible... maybe wait a bit? I don't know what you expected.

Ganking. Yes, you were ganked repeatedly. Shaman versus shapeshifter is a really bad matchup for the shifter. I tried to fight you alone often enough to illustrate that. I can only recall one completely solo fight with you where I won, and I'm not actually sure why I did. The rest were pretty one-sided, where I ran off and I died to you once as well. It became very clear that the only hope I had of fighting you was in numbers.

That said, you had a lot of tools to prevent this and never used them. Blind Taenya, flee. Blind Sinnyah, flee. Now there's no more gank. Blind and plague are very powerful tools to use against shifters, and you basically never did. You just constantly dispelled and withered and a bunch of other things that aren't really going to deter a shifter that much. Blind forces me to try to cancel it, which is not easy to do with a blind commune and also cancels my protections. At the very least it makes me stop attacking you for a time. Plague is even worse, for obvious reasons. I have to get out of form to cure it, if I even have a cure (outlanders are always starved for such things). Yeah I can fight while plagued for a short time, so just run around for a few ticks and let it do its thing, then I am gone for a while dealing with it.

I know none of this will help you now. But in the future, if a strategy isn't working for you, I encourage you to try other things.

I highly respected that you would log in to bad odds and just stick them out. You seemed to just play the hours you played, and that is a rare and commendable thing. I would have also said I enjoyed our RP, but I don't know how much of that was even RP now that I have that note. I never looted you, not even coins which I really should have destroyed (according to cabal dogma), because you were facing such poor odds. I am deeply sorry that I made you feel badly about the game. I hope you come back with an amazing character and have so much fun.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146025 Previous topic | Next topic