Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Draveneth the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145166
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 27-Aug-23 06:25 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145166, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Draveneth the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sun Aug 27 18:24:45 2023

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Draveneth perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:194

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks, Jalim (Anonymous), 27-Aug-23 07:34 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thanks, Arby (Anonymous), 27-Aug-23 09:10 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks, lololol (Anonymous), 28-Aug-23 05:45 AM, #3
          Reply ?, Jalim (Anonymous), 28-Aug-23 06:11 AM, #4
               Reply Sorry.., Xzelyx (Anonymous), 28-Aug-23 08:05 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Sorry.., Arjaby, 28-Aug-23 09:37 AM, #7
                    Reply I smell a new binder. , Jalim (Anonymous), 28-Aug-23 10:13 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: I smell a new binder. , Arjaby, 28-Aug-23 11:34 AM, #11
                    Reply RE: Sorry.., Xzelyx (Anonymous), 28-Aug-23 12:51 PM, #12
               Reply Maybe weak is a better description that entitled., Abernyte, 28-Aug-23 11:04 AM, #9
                    Reply RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled., Arjaby, 28-Aug-23 11:32 AM, #10
                         Reply RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled., Abernyte, 28-Aug-23 02:44 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled., Arjaby, 28-Aug-23 03:37 PM, #14
                                   Reply RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled., Abernyte, 28-Aug-23 05:10 PM, #15
                                        Reply RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled., Arjaby, 28-Aug-23 08:48 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Thanks, Xzelyx` (Anonymous), 28-Aug-23 08:30 AM, #6

Jalim (Anonymous)Sun 27-Aug-23 07:34 PM
Charter member
#145167, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #0

You were super helpful to several characters of mine over the last few weeks. I was surprised you didn't get Drillmaster.

See you next time!

Arby (Anonymous)Sun 27-Aug-23 09:09 PM
Charter member
#145168, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 27-Aug-23 09:10 PM

No problem And I was also very surprised...and not in a positive way, hence the deletion.

lololol (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-23 05:45 AM
Charter member
#145169, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #2

imagine being that entitled?

Jalim (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-23 06:11 AM
Charter member
#145170, "?"
In response to Reply #3

Unsure how being told you've been picked as the next Drillmaster by the Commander then waiting 3 weeks and hearing nothing only to find someone much newer than you has been picked instead is entitlement.

Xzelyx (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-23 08:05 AM
Charter member
#145171, "Sorry.."
In response to Reply #4

So, that shift was entirely on me this time. I can't take credit for the whole Eledsoere thing though. I'm sorry for the shift, and for the poor experience here, but GLWYN.

The delay, idk, I guess Panmorne has a life outside of the game or something. I ended up chatting with a random imm who told me that they could try promoting someone to drillmaster if someone able to do so was online, and so I got excited and figured the next time I saw your or Tharliss I was going to ask, and Tharliss popped on first so I said Tharliss.

Either way, that part's on me. Still think if you had been inclined you could have played it out in game though, it makes for interesting politics to try to depose a commander.

ArjabyMon 28-Aug-23 09:33 AM
Member since 16th May 2023
73 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145174, "RE: Sorry.."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 28-Aug-23 09:37 AM

It's disappointing. You communicated this to both me and Panmorne. I had put in close to 200 hours, and often, I was the only one present. I was there rescuing people from death in battles and retrieving items. Why would I invest more time under a leader who betrayed me in-game? I had the choice of joining Empire or Scion. Your actions left me with a negative impression due to the in-game betrayal.

I've been in the shoes of battle leaders and other leadership positions. I would never have acted the way you did, and I genuinely can't find a justifiable reason for your actions. You made promises to me in-game. I gave my effort, spent countless hours, and supported the team as a true defender should. There were numerous times when I was the sole battle player online. You let down both my character and me, both in-game and outside of it.

Jalim (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-23 10:13 AM
Charter member
#145184, "I smell a new binder. "
In response to Reply #7

That's a joke btw.

ArjabyMon 28-Aug-23 11:34 AM
73 posts
#145187, "RE: I smell a new binder. "
In response to Reply #8

Never played a binder, but I have some theories I've wanted to incorporate with poisons. FYI-It kind of sucks you don't get any PK wins when an enemy dies to your emetic

Xzelyx (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-23 12:51 PM
Charter member
#145188, "RE: Sorry.."
In response to Reply #7

I do feel like a heel about it. GLWYN.

AbernyteMon 28-Aug-23 11:04 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#145185, "Maybe weak is a better description that entitled."
In response to Reply #4

As it was by no means the end of the road for the character. Just brush it off, keep ragering and let the quality shine through. I have had my share of rage deletes but never for something like this.

ArjabyMon 28-Aug-23 11:32 AM
73 posts
#145186, "RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled."
In response to Reply #9

I was honestly bored out of my mind, that promise was what kept me going.

AbernyteMon 28-Aug-23 02:44 PM
975 posts
#145190, "RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled."
In response to Reply #10

I am not having a go at you here but what, in all honesty, would getting DM have changed if you were bored out of your mind? Title? Leaderweapon? Extra rager ability? The power to induct?!

I don’t see any of those things changing the dynamic if you were bored with the character. If you were bored ( and I say this as a player who did the same thing with a rager thief recently) I would bet you started playing an alt to alleviate said boredom and that’s fine because it’s not scion, however, if there was another suitable DM candidate who wasn’t playing an alt, that minor thing may have made the difference in the Immortals decision.

Not getting DM just gave you the impetus to pull the trigger on something you had already shelved.

(My 2p)

ArjabyMon 28-Aug-23 03:36 PM
73 posts
#145191, "RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled."
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Mon 28-Aug-23 03:37 PM

I had no alts at all Imms can confirm, and yes, it would have made the difference, in all ways, considering I wanted to age die a d-elf leader and the extra deaths per con given/aging slowed, leader weapon. Complete difference.

AbernyteMon 28-Aug-23 05:10 PM
975 posts
#145192, "RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled."
In response to Reply #14

Ok, no worries on the alt thing, that was just my theory.

The other bit doesn’t make sense to me that you wanted to age die a d-elf that you were bored with and getting older slower and prolonging the boredom, would make a positive difference.

ArjabyMon 28-Aug-23 08:45 PM
73 posts
#145193, "RE: Maybe weak is a better description that entitled."
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Mon 28-Aug-23 08:48 PM

That's the Paradox

I want to age die all characters since my Poisoner, but only certain circumstances (Leader/co-leader{s})

Xzelyx` (Anonymous)Mon 28-Aug-23 08:30 AM
Charter member
#145172, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #2

Apparently replying to the right person on a Monday morning is beyond my powers. Read the one saying Sorry below

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145166 Previous topic | Next topic