Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Alowishious Cringe the Hand of the U..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145102
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 13-Aug-23 09:20 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145102, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Alowishious Cringe the Hand of the Unseen"

Sun Aug 13 09:17:15 2023

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Alowishious perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:237

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Wishious Cringe (Anonymous)Mon 14-Aug-23 05:58 PM
Charter member
#145114, "Goodbyes and such"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 14-Aug-23 05:59 PM

With this character I enjoyed figuring out how to use traps as part of the offensive repertoire, but traps really shine in pk for killing Battle characters and new players. Anyone with access to a healing saw Alowishious as little more than a second-tier terrorist than a legit threat. In the end, the prep grind for gathering ingredients was a chore when compared to the pk success.

As word got out that I was a trapper, some people just never fought me. I spent ten minutes visible and sleeping on eastern road as three air forms were flying overhead and no one attacked me.

Xzelyx - You are such a cool cucumber, a fantastic presence and a great person to have as commander. You had implied that the drillmaster position would be mine, and for a week I put in long days, but with spotty immortal presence and my character's lackluster performance, even if Panmorne approved I didn't think I could give the village the leader it deserves. In the end it is all good, as my time
is going to rapidly diminish when my new job starts.

Thokdran - I enjoyed this character's demeanor and his gung-ho attitude. At the time I suspected you had rolled him as an experiment, but this was the strongest dwarf-sword I have ever seen. He would have been a great asset had you stuck with him.

Draevneth - Everyone loves a defender. I never quite figured out your logins, which made me think you were alting a lot, but you will have a big impact on the future of the village if you play consistently: your character could be that important.

Vaskal - Xyfa, you are too good. You dangle the potential for a victory in front of your enemies and pull out a win OR slip away like melted butter. Having the change to controls makes it too easy for players of your calibre to get buff. As for the choice of Scion versus Empire, I think despoil is great if you don't have a weapon, but as you were able to build one, the biggest perk is then likely the protection that volley offers. It was strange (and ugly) fighting this new version of Scion that had more active members than Battle, but I imagine that it is nice not having to retrieve constantly.

Atrael - You are such a pleasant character. At the time, I really wished that this was a non-mage, as you were just fun to talk. I did enjoy fighting you, as pointless as it was. Damn all these mages who can see hidden characters!

Other shapeshifters - I didn't have much opportunity to talk to many of you, but I did appreciate the fights. I have to wonder though if cheetah is too good, for it seems that it is a form that no one rerolls if they get. I think there were four cheetahs in the hero range when 'Wishious was around.

Random trap victims - I'm sorry if you were one of many people who stumbled into a trap left for a mage. With this character, I become acutely aware of how non-good indiscriminate trapping can be.

PS. Parting block seems so crappy when people can attempt to flee ten times per pulse, but being on the receiving end, it seems so much more successful.

Xzelyx (Anonymous)Sun 13-Aug-23 06:08 PM
Charter member
#145105, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alowishious Cringe the Hand of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, you were going to be the Drillmaster, but, ummmm.. I guess not?

Why the delete? Saw your things in the pit, so knew what happened.

Either way, GLWYN!

Victim (Anonymous)Sun 13-Aug-23 10:23 PM
Charter member
#145108, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alowishious Cringe the Hand of t..."
In response to Reply #1

Curious why you deleted - those traps hurt!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145102 Previous topic | Next topic