Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, Devi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145060
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-Aug-23 05:05 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16909 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145060, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, Devious Plotter"

Thu Aug 3 17:00:53 2023

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Vaskal perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:295

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Vaskal (Anonymous), 04-Aug-23 06:40 AM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Hustrew (Anonymous), 04-Aug-23 11:39 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Outhyen (Anonymous), 05-Aug-23 11:43 AM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Vaskal (Anonymous), 05-Aug-23 12:14 PM, #8
Reply Booo, Zrakweh (Anonymous), 05-Aug-23 10:13 PM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Quislar (Anonymous), 10-Aug-23 08:01 AM, #10
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Arjaby, 28-Aug-23 09:46 AM, #11
Reply Mate Vaskal! enjoy happy retires, Viera (Anonymous), 03-Aug-23 10:37 PM, #4
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, ..., Xzelyx (Anonymous), 03-Aug-23 07:57 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, ..., Vaskal (Anonymous), 03-Aug-23 08:49 PM, #2
          Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, ..., Xzelyx (Anonymous), 03-Aug-23 09:06 PM, #3

Vaskal (Anonymous)Fri 04-Aug-23 06:40 AM
Charter member
#145067, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed this one a lot. The role turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected and fire AP is just really fun. I've definitely played too much of the class though recently, I was getting burned out pretty early on and I think the character suffered for it overall. Some goodbyes, though I'll doubtlessly miss some people:

Joihe: thanks for the fun interaction. Sorry I (1) left it so late to come pray, that's something I need to do better at and (2) for bailing on you. I had every intention of sticking at it post weapon loss when rolling, but general fatigue with the class made me realise pretty quickly that was unlikely to happen. I hope it was at least a little bit entertaining!

Scion:

Viera: you were my favourite character on Svarden and why I resolved to do a Scion to see it from the other side. Really excellent, I've got nothing bad to say (also when you proposed to me I was completely drunk on oil of sights, which made me laugh). You should me some things I never knew too!

Seraphis: its always nice having someone to do stuff with during the graveyard shift. I'm crossing my fingers for your becoming.

Faeha: so weird! You killed me with the things you'd say, and the orb of travel moment just made me lol. We had some great fights together towards the end (and wow did your demon almost get me that one time).

The rest of you: all very fun characters, we just never played together much.

Fortress:

My favourite enemies as usual. Always down to fight. I'm still stunned by that teleport though. Hindsight is the devil, I wish I'd just thrown another iceball and hoped it'd finished off Mak instead of teleporting, but so it goes! Really enjoyed my interactions with everyone, nothing bad to say at all and I'm glad you guys got to take me down.

Battle:

Ruvand: big fan of your characters as always. I also learned there is a storm giant language, who knew? I will find that log, I think I used up every possible bit of good luck I had on that survival and the teleport that finished me off was cf's way of setting the record straight.

Eledsoere: so scary! Few characters have me scanning on every area boundary, but you were one of them. Things definitely swung fairly hard my way once I had more charges, but when I first entered hero you gave me a really hard time.

Xzelyx: surprisingly, I've never fought strong scout dex warrior as AP before, so a little bit of an adjustment period. Really tough build and a big fan of the character.

Chogleu: really enjoyed the banter with you. Very unfortunate that Ruvand and Eledsoere died right as you came up, I think the three of you would have been a nightmare.

Empire:

I had some real mission impossible moments with you guys in midranks. One in particular had me sure I'd messed up big time - I'll post the log when actives are gone. I was calling myself the 'Bane of the Black Sect' for a while, but quietly stopped after that...

Outlander:

I believe the cabal is a net negative on the game and they didn't really pose any tangible threat to me this go around, so I feel like I can make that statement without undue influence this time. That said...

Outhyen: I couldn't believe that bashdown! I was surprised just how tough you were in form too.

Zoraba: that was a slick trap. So close!

Tribunal:

I didn't have a ton of interaction with Trib.

Atrael: I'm sure I made some things for you slightly difficult, but I was glad we managed to keep a good relationship despite my nonsense. Really glad you got Provost.

Quislar: really surprised me how tough you were. We only fought that once, but man that was close.

Nephinae: I could not help myself with the Hamsah warrant. I felt like I so nearly got away with it!

Suluskqva: I felt like I was racing you all the time in the midranks for kills. Made it fun!

Herald:

Fwalb: FWALB! Betrayal! How could you? <3

Damil: really liked what I saw.

I'll come back to AP at some point, but... not for a while.

Hustrew (Anonymous)Fri 04-Aug-23 11:39 AM
Charter member
#145068, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

You were so fun to have around. Thanks for always being up for a fight!

Outhyen (Anonymous)Sat 05-Aug-23 11:43 AM
Charter member
#145069, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

re: Outhyen: I couldn't believe that bashdown! I was surprised just how tough you were in form too.

Me either. The Orc Chief had just begun a raid and I canceled spells to put up protection. Left me without fly, pass, or control. I had already put in 1 command so, that meant no wimpy, and 4 straight bashes. That left me dumbfounded and annoyed. I was also rather surprised that I lasted so long as a non-prepped gnome mage without mastered parry. As an aside, none of my forms have a forage ability So you know why the frowny face.

After that fight you seemed very, very cautious but it could be that you always were, since that's our first real interaction. Because of that though, I took to fighting you without using barrier or some other protections just to see if I could get you to overcommit but you never did.

Solid A-P that I could respect but still despise.

P.S.
"I believe the cabal ... didn't really pose any tangible threat to me this go around, so I feel like I can make that statement without undue influence this time."

I can say that without a doubt "If I still had decent playing hours" this statement would be patently false. See you in the Fields.

Vaskal (Anonymous)Sat 05-Aug-23 12:14 PM
Charter member
#145070, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #7

Oof, cancel makes so much more sense. I actually ran in trying to sleep you and expecting it to fail (which it did), but then saw translucence was down and was shocked. I was really surprised by how well you tanked me too, both out of form and in form even without barrier. It became pretty clear to me that I was unlikely to kill you, and because of a certain form you have I decided it mostly wasn't worth it. One of your forms in particular shocked me at how well it did in melee, so that was cool to see.

Rough on the no forage thing. That's just an item you can't pass up as AP unfortunately, huge force multiplier.

As for playing hours, you might be right (though tbh I have my doubts for reasons we can get into after you're gone if you'd like), but you didn't have the hours so the statement remains accurate. My statement would've been inaccurate under myriad different conditions, but under the ones that were imposed it is true and hence why I made it. This isn't "outlander is never a threat", because that would be an absurd statement. It was "I wasn't concerned about them this character," which is true due to a lot of factors (mostly items I had).

Zrakweh (Anonymous)Sat 05-Aug-23 10:13 PM
Charter member
#145072, "Booo"
In response to Reply #5

I had a suspicion you might delete if you lost the big weapon. I had so many interesting plans and journeys planned for us!

Big hit for scion with you gone, it was thoroughly enjoyable watching you do your thing. Good luck with the next.

Quislar (Anonymous)Thu 10-Aug-23 08:01 AM
Charter member
#145092, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

Sad to see you go, I really wanted revenge after our fight. I messed it up and even uttered "wtf did I do that for" loudly while playing, quite certain I could've gotten away. And a happy devil is always tough:)

Good luck with your next famous character!

ArjabyMon 28-Aug-23 09:46 AM
Member since 16th May 2023
69 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145181, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

You forget me!? Poisoning your weapons you bastard!? I was a few poisoners who offered you help, if you didn't realize it

Viera (Anonymous)Thu 03-Aug-23 10:37 PM
Charter member
#145064, "Mate Vaskal! enjoy happy retires"
In response to Reply #0

Super bummed out to see this. You were skilled, nice, great fun giant RP, and Viera's husband to boot. You were really knowledgeable and taught me quite a few things too. I'm sorry I didn't get to enjoy more Vaskal before your delete.

Xzelyx (Anonymous)Thu 03-Aug-23 07:57 PM
Charter member
#145061, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, ..."
In response to Reply #0

If I had to guess, you lost your weapon?

It's a shame, you were a good foe, respectful and tough. Not Viera tough, but you had potential.

GLWYN!

Vaskal (Anonymous)Thu 03-Aug-23 08:49 PM
Charter member
#145062, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, ..."
In response to Reply #1

I was pretty bored of ap already and then lost the weapon, good place to stop. Did actually have the intention of continuing after weapon loss when I rolled fire originally, but yeah, just a bit burned out on the class.

Sorry about that guy looting you. Felt bad, didn't realise until after the fact that I'd turned corpseguard off so that a young villager could loot Eledsoere after his con death to take stuff back to the village, had forgotten to turn it back on. Major fail on my part.

Xzelyx (Anonymous)Thu 03-Aug-23 09:06 PM
Charter member
#145063, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Vaskal the Fist of Darkness, ..."
In response to Reply #2

No worries whatsoever. I haven’t had to rehear anything in a long time. And it’s a chance to play things out. Pretty sure that frostbite dagger is cursed for me though. Every time I’ve gotten it I lost it within an hour rl time

So a villager next right??

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145060 Previous topic | Next topic