Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Athald Alfgeirsson the Dedicant ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #144211
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-Feb-23 02:25 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#144211, "(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Athald Alfgeirsson the Dedicant of Duty, Godfather of Voralian City, Marshall of the Fortress"

Thu Feb 23 13:23:11 2023

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Athald perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:587

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Zanzar (Anonymous)Thu 23-Feb-23 03:56 PM
Charter member
#144214, "A sad day"
In response to Reply #0

Hats off to my favorite character during Zanzar's life and greatest threat and nemesis. You made my character more fun just by existing. Thank you.

NalasulThu 23-Feb-23 03:05 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
218 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#144213, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Athald Alfgeirsson the Dedic..."
In response to Reply #0

Who says you can't kill people with wither?

The genesis of Athald was me wanting to see how broken thief PK could be at certain levels with a couple specific scrolls. As it turns out: not as broken as I'd hoped, due primarily to the difficulty of getting skills up to a reasonable level soon after learning them. Yay game balance! Then, at some point, I decided to stick around.

The name "Athald" came from a name generator, but, when thinking about a role, it sounded vaguely Norse to me so I decided to lean into that. All the Norse-sounding names in my role are made up of actual Norse words. Or, at least, as close as I could get using Google Translate. Alfgeirsson means "son of Alfgeir", and Alfgeir means "Elf-Spear". Baerinika, elf-spear, get it?

Random aside: Alfgeir is an actual figure in Norse literature, and his son was named...drum roll...Gandalf.

Thanks to whomever gave me the extra thief points. Unfortunately, I totally wasted them. Had to choose between spending them immediately or banking in the hopes that I could eventually take devious versatility, which would have given me 20 points to work with. My immortal xp was low enough that I thought I'd either never get there, or it would be so late in the character's life that I wouldn't get much use out of it. So, I choose to spend the thief points and blow my remaining edge points on other things. Ended up getting zero use out of isolate and grease weapon, then promptly got enough imm xp that I could probably have taken devious. Hindsight is 20/20.

Big thanks to Baerinika for the tattoo. I've had past followers who weren't the best followers after being tattooed, and I tried to avoid that with Athald. Maybe I wasn't entirely successful, but it was definitely something I thought about. I'd be interested to hear your feedback.

One last word on PvP interactions: almost everything I ever wore came from the mob itself, from the fortress chest, or was given to me. Other than strange bracers and spike-toed boots, which changed hands between me and the Orcs several times, I can count on one hand the number of times I looted anything significant from someone. I had plenty of gold so I didn't even loot coins. My enemies generally reciprocated. The only time I ate a big-ish loot was when Aerithas and I attacked a group of three, and even then they only took things that were clear upgrades. Basically, you get back what you give, so treat people like you want to be treated.

FullmoonCatThu 23-Feb-23 02:53 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2023
154 posts
#144212, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Athald Alfgeirsson the Dedic..."
In response to Reply #0

You will be greatly missed. Amazingly well done character in every sense. Thanks again for all the time you spent helping Bellassan, that clueless drunk. This game needs a "buy this player a beer" option. Cheers, anyway! Good luck with your next, and I hope I don't have to fight you because you'd destroy me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #144211 Previous topic | Next topic