Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Obrohom the Hand of Justice, Initi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #143180
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 02-Jul-22 10:40 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#143180, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Obrohom the Hand of Justice, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Sat Jul 2 10:36:00 2022

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Obrohom perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:45
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:34

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Obrohom the Hand of Justice, I..., Patrisaurus, 04-Jul-22 08:31 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Obrohom the Hand of Justice, I..., I spat out my drink, laughing (Anonymous), 05-Jul-22 07:13 PM, #9
Reply Monk thoughts, Obrohom (Anonymous), 03-Jul-22 09:48 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Monk thoughts, Ulaceas (Anonymous), 03-Jul-22 04:55 PM, #2
          Reply Bro. You had 13 pks in 200+ hours, Obrohom (Anonymous), 03-Jul-22 09:33 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Bro. You had 13 pks in 200+ hours, ????? (Anonymous), 04-Jul-22 07:03 AM, #4
               Reply Because Arolin thinks he's a somebody., Obrohom (Anonymous), 04-Jul-22 09:51 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Because Arolin thinks he's a somebody., Team Forto (Anonymous), 04-Jul-22 12:52 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Bro. You had 13 pks in 200+ hours, Ulaceas (Anonymous), 04-Jul-22 04:59 PM, #8

PatrisaurusMon 04-Jul-22 08:31 AM
Member since 11th Sep 2016
80 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#143186, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Obrohom the Hand of Justice, I..."
In response to Reply #0

Can’t wait for your 30 hour avenger review

I spat out my drink, laughing (Anonymous)Tue 05-Jul-22 07:13 PM
Charter member
#143194, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Obrohom the Hand of Justice, I..."
In response to Reply #5

subject

Obrohom (Anonymous)Sun 03-Jul-22 09:48 AM
Charter member
#143181, "Monk thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

Monks seem like a very incomplete class, almost unfinished. The two hallmarks are both really easy to manipulate. Intensify is 4 rounds of lag, everyone knows it, and so fleeing and waiting, or what was worse and more common, fleeing and healing, made fights un-fightable. Anticipate is good but easy to change tactics; at least anticipate works to a lesser degree against other skills/spells.

Everything a monk does takes mana except respond.

It feels like monks need some sort of mystical crushing blow. Something with lag or at least something to do damage that either doesn't require mana or very little. I kept wanting to do a Ken/Ryu Street Fighter hadoken (surge fist). Something that isn't 4 rounds of lag.

Other nerfs really hurt monks too. Wrath at 1 round would have made monk feel so much more dynamic. 2 round lag is awful and from a damage pov flamestrike was actually superior, surprise surprise. And call lightning and weather changes made the off-hand chance to finish a writhing/convulsing fight near impossible. I got to use it once with weather changes.

Reading other past monk opinions, I was surprised to see so many downplay defy. Defy was Legit. I loved it, once I maxed it. Great defensive skill and well balanced with what you give up to tune it to its potential.

All in all, I'm just not a paladin player, and monks are by far the worst option of the 4. A monk isn't even viable in much of anything until late 20s at its earliest. No intensify until 30 and no anticipate until 35 really limits doing anything because hand/transcend damage melee is so terrible. Good luck mauling and maiming folks at 28 in melee.

Bad class and I really tried to make it work.

High marks to Regurgota, you're a boss. Just insanely awesome.

And Malagdin, I had a lot of fun with you! I enjoyed our fights and trying to figure out some angle for one of us to finally win against each other once we were on even footing.

Ulaceas (Anonymous)Sun 03-Jul-22 04:55 PM
Charter member
#143182, "RE: Monk thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

34 hours seems a bit short for a class review

I found the class to be extremely good at winning fights. So much so that if you give them any form of lag capability, it would be way OP. That's how game balance works, a monk is top dog in a cage fight.

Personally I would not have chosen a dwarf, because as you say everything cost mana. You may not have noticed but slow/haste doesn't impact avoid very much. I'd solo the codex with opposition in one pass with SLOW spell affecting me. I was actually slowed for lots of fights.

I won almost every fight I was in and only really died to like ghoul stiffens. But yeah I didn't kill many people, most people got away. But that's the class. If you want a more lethal class, you have to lose some of that power.

Obrohom (Anonymous)Sun 03-Jul-22 09:33 PM
Charter member
#143183, "Bro. You had 13 pks in 200+ hours"
In response to Reply #2

And they were all newbs or ganks at the Fortress.

Don't act like you're a somebody. You logged off your other character after I about wrecked you a three or four days ago.

May 19, 2022|Lv 51|Fortress of Light|Valghul vs 1: <51> Ulaceas (100%, lightning strike)
May 21, 2022|Lv 51|The Jade Mountains|Zoraikla vs 1: <51> Ulaceas (100%, lightning strike)
May 21, 2022|Lv 51|East Sumner's Road|Thokran vs 2: <51> Ailill (22%), <51> Ulaceas (77%, lightning strike)
May 21, 2022|Lv 51|Fortress of Light|Thokran vs 2: <51> Ulaceas (88%, redeeming fist), <51> Ailill (11%)
May 21, 2022|Lv 51|Temple of Loch Grynmear|Zoraikla vs 1: <51> Ulaceas (100%, lightning strike)
May 27, 2022|Lv 51|Shepherd's Row|Wesaerk vs 2: <45> Duras (13%), <51> Ulaceas (86%, divine wrath)
May 28, 2022|Lv 51|Bramblefield Road|Thokran vs 2: <51> Ulaceas (79%, lightning strike), <51> Djarbez (20%)
May 28, 2022|Lv 51|Fortress of Light|Zoraikla vs 3: <51> Tamazin (10%), <51> Ulaceas (50%, redeeming fist), <51> Zurehn (39%)
May 30, 2022|Lv 51|Fortress of Light|Gaelyx vs 2: <42> Seyselle (13%, bite), <51> Ulaceas (86%)

I've played three monks. Azure, human, and now dwarf. It' s a boring build with limited options that a newb can feel comfortable with that they won't die in every pk situation. But it's the worst paladin build.

????? (Anonymous)Mon 04-Jul-22 07:03 AM
Charter member
#143185, "RE: Bro. You had 13 pks in 200+ hours"
In response to Reply #3

what you said doesn't contradict anything he said though.... why the random attack? you seem very bitter.

Obrohom (Anonymous)Mon 04-Jul-22 09:51 AM
Charter member
#143187, "Because Arolin thinks he's a somebody."
In response to Reply #4

That's why

Team Forto (Anonymous)Mon 04-Jul-22 12:52 PM
Charter member
#143189, "RE: Because Arolin thinks he's a somebody."
In response to Reply #6

“You’re a nobody! You’re a nobody!” Obrohom screamed, as he slowly turned into a corn cob.

Ulaceas (Anonymous)Mon 04-Jul-22 04:59 PM
Charter member
#143191, "RE: Bro. You had 13 pks in 200+ hours"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for buying my PBF.
I see you care, but I think you have me confused with someone else.

Anyway, my fairly low PKWINs does not reflect the character because as I already said, monks strength is balanced by not being very lethal. I had loads of successful fights without a pk win. Successful might be getting codex and making 2 empire run convulsing, that can be fun as well.

Also, I spent most of the character fighting decently skilled people, there was was not a lot of noobs playing evil at this time, they were mostly playing good aligns.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #143180 Previous topic | Next topic