Subject: "(DEL) Szuzzlar the Druid of Flame" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14288
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 15-Jan-03 12:56 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14288, "(DEL) Szuzzlar the Druid of Flame"

Wed Jan 15 00:54:25 2003

12 o''clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Szuzzlar perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:druid
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:173
PK Ratio:29% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pendragon_SurtrWed 15-Jan-03 11:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
193 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14289, "RE: (DEL) Szuzzlar the Druid of Flame"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this was one of the funnest characters I have had in a long time. For awhile I was being chased by conjurers because I was a druid, scion because I was a druid and sylvan because I was a half-drow. I was trying to get a hold of Sebeok to have him name me as friend to the grove but never did get to talk to him. Then Sassmi became Captain and named me friend to the grove. All I have to say is that the hunt is definately powerful. I would call it on someone 3 rooms away and by the time I walked in the room, they were convulsing.

Well, I made my role so that any drow I saw, I would attack on sight. That was my undoing, saw Mikaelovich standing in Galadon and as a player, I was like "damn this is dumb, I'm going to regret this". Sure enough I attacked, he fled and flagged me and summoned me to the enforcer. Then I tried to cancel his blindness on me and took out everything else, he summoned me into the secret room and I couldn't get out. After that I got pissed because they full looted me and that always spells disaster. I wound up commiting suicide by throwing myself at their outer guardian and died about 15 times. Then Gaerak threatened to sac my gear, which is what I wanted, the Druid's Robe was maxxed out. So I run to regear and run smack into Caysh and company. That death took me down to 9 con and I said screw it.

Couple things I would like to see druids get. The biggest thing is to either change forest haven back to where it teleports you to a random forest or give them a spell similar to word of recall, except the first time you cast it, you designate the forest and after that you can't change it. Would make sense, druids are supposed to have 'their' forest that they watch over. Would also be nice if the druid was given certain status' of his forest, such as an invoker starts the forest on fire and the druid knows that something is amiss in his forest. The other thing that druids need is a way to dispel magic. It really sucks fighting mages and shamen when they can dispel your protections but you can't do the same. Other than that, I really had fun with my druid. I initially created him because my warrior got his a** beat by a druid who was lagged from plant growth during a new moon. I knew something had to be wrong, but I didn't want to say that they were overpowered until I tried them, they might have had a weakness that countered their strength. Then before I even hit pk range, they found the bug that was causing the druid to benefit from the 3 off-phases of the moon instead of the phase the moon was actually in. Now I would say they are pretty balanced, only lacking a way to get away from death.

Sylvans:

Sassmi, you are a great leader for sylvan and a potent druid too. I am glad I never had to fight you. Keep those Scions in place.

Nunchyk, your refusal to take any eq from a half-drow really pissed off Szuzzlar. He always took it hard when fellow forest protectors would snub or attack him.

Battle:

Melkorath, you were the only rager that I travelled with. We had some good times except for the fact that you insisted on tanking and wouldn't let me heal you. Went a bit faster when Morlock tanked and I healed.

Arbiters:

Mikaelovich, nothing personal on that attack. I had to follow my role even though I didn't want to. Attacking magistrates in town is a good way to get yourself killed.

R-something, the alligator. That form just sucks to fight against. I knew I was going to continue dying to you until you logged off.

Gaerak, we travelled together once, too bad the Scions found us while we were sleeping. Glad to see that you are still going strong. Your guards are tough, I figured I had it made when I didn't have any tribunals in my range, but your guards surprised me. That last time I raided as a bear, I was actually given 6 elemental shields and I still didn't last long against those guards.

Bouwlrin, only time I interacted with you was when I was in Feanwyyn Weald and I attacked some necromancer and you protected them. I was surprised to see my sunrays annihilate a dwarf. Maybe dwarves are as sensitive to the sun as duergars.

Scions:

Anith: Well, we fought a few times, you kicked my butt everytime. That Raven form is impossible for a druid to fight against. Tried a couple different tactics and finally realized the only viable tactic was to run, screaming like a little girl, and hide. Was sure glad when you deleted.

Vortigern: Ok, I have no idea how you became my number one enemy, but you managed to do it. Szuzzlar was supposed to get along with everyone except drow. Guess I must have attacked a scion drow along the way to get all the scions after me. I was surprised when my hunt actually killed you in the druids grove. Figured it would just be something to keep you busy until I could get there and fight you. You definately improved on your tactics as you heroed. Used to be our fights would be close, then you started playing dirty and dispelling magic. Druids should get something to dispel magic with.

Salazar: You punk! I hated getting blackjacked by you because it meant that either you called half a dozen scions to kill me or that you would just steal everything out of my inventory and walk away as I couldn't do anything for 10 ticks, when all the bind, truss, blindfold, gag, etc would wear off. I was surprised the one time that you attacked me, and no, I didn't have any herbs at that time, was on my way to grab a couple offensive herbs when you jacked me. Just remember that druids have elemental protection, don't use an elemental type dagger when you knife them.

Lar: Damn I wish I would have logged that fight in the battlefields. You and Vortigern were in the battlefields and Vortigern asked me if he had to worry about me attacking, I said no but Lar has to worry. Then I caught you two in the room above the tunnel and you died so quick I think Vortigern might have been in lag from trying to summon and then when he saw you die, he worded. Of course you got me back a couple of times when you were with others.

Aginal: Always fun fighting you during a full moon. You actually taught me something about the hunt that I didn't know. I thought that while under the effects of the hunt, you couldn't leave the area by any means, but it seems you can walk out of the area, just can't use magical means. You are definately a tough opponent and if you aren't already chancellor, I am sure you will be.

Warlocks:

Caysh, yeah I deleted right after you killed me, that was after 15 deaths to the tribunals and I was tired of dying.

Others:

Morlock/Mosselthrok: What happened to you, haven't seen you around lately. I needed you around to keep me out of doing foolish things like raiding Tribunals while naked and during a new moon. Well, looks like you will have to find someone else to kill the midnight dragon and ambassadors for you. Don't worry, I am sure you will assassinate someone eventually.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I am sick with the flu and my head isn't on straight, another reason why I did something as stupid as raiding tribunals over and over.

Later,

Pendragon_Surtr

Melkorath (Guest)Wed 15-Jan-03 03:26 AM

#14290, "Was fun grouping with you :)"
In response to Reply #0

Traveled a while when we were young, my tanking and your healing we could have gone a long way, but my whole pre planed character turning points and such ment I had to stop that sorta thing... bummer! Druids have always seemed kewl, I dunno why people say they are sickly overpowered. Anyway I hope I see you in a different form soon!

Quid (Guest)Wed 15-Jan-03 01:26 AM

#14291, "paying respects..."
In response to Reply #0

sorry I didn't get to interact with your char...I know I met you with one of them, either Quid or the one I have now. either way I remember you being disspointed because they wouldn't let you into Sylvan. and this other ranger I was with didn't even let you group with us (btw if it happens that this is my more current char, try not to say his name here) ah well good luck on your next one, maybe try half-elf instead of drow and you'll get in heheh.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14288 Previous topic | Next topic