Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Svahlfang the Butcher of Gally Town,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142847
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 24-Apr-22 05:35 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142847, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Svahlfang the Butcher of Gally Town, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sun Apr 24 17:31:43 2022

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Svahlfang perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:301

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BemusedSun 24-Apr-22 06:04 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142848, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Svahlfang the Butcher of Gally T..."
In response to Reply #0

Some people worked out who was playing Fang so that put a bit of a dampener on it. One of the things about playing so many PK-choppy necros in a row is that people instantly know who is behind the character. So I tried to think up a combo that would mislead and distract and it worked for quite a while but ultimately it became obvious (to some) who was behind the curtain.

First rites that I've ever participated in and they were great even though there were only four combatants. Seeing Panmorne in the flesh was very cool. Vuorog made a great commander for the five seconds he was alive. I tried to avoid leadership for a while but realised that there were no other options so when the music stopped there was only me and one chair left.

A few goodbyes:
- I didn't log it but to that invoker who thought he would be able to icicle me to death, thank you for the first kill.

- Shakiniel: Why'd you have to con die on me? Fang incorporated you into his psyche throughout.

- Cezkvek: Fang's best friend and we spent the most time together. You're great for the game but your typing is horrendous! Will miss being around you.

- Vuorog: Damn you for deleting so fast.

- Quistley: You had it rough early. I loved you as an ally on Iolrath but on Fang I needed them PKs.

- Danssha: Probably the toughest opponent I faced (apart from that juiced up mummy). On Asaigai I remember struggling vs Tjor but you seemed to slam me. How are you so good?

- Bartimus: I'm like Shaapa in that if you ever steal from me, I'm going to kill you. I hate griefy thieves (yes I'm a hypocrite).

- Krislia: Big bull was too brave for his own good. Tactical retreats are a thing, you know! Good job bro.

- Conra: I was a super rough build for you but you tried, so kudos. Keep on trucking.

- Dichael: See Conra. You stuck to your guns, loved it!

- Beffy: Caught in the crossfire, little dwarf friend. Sorry about the con but those mages needed to DIE!

- Uzdan: I thought I was doing the right thing by rescuing you out of a fight after you fled from the gorilla. I probably should have let you die. No grudges against you calling me to the circle for it.

- Odaza: Too tough for little old me. I didn't mean to switch to you and cranial when I was on 200 hps but I found out that ghoul holds (and back to back ghoul holds in this case) actually keep the command until the hold releases, not like neuro which gives you the pecho "You are too frozen" or something. I entered the switch/cranial when I was on about 1200 hps. Would have looked stupid from your point of view.

- Tamazin: Had me running all over the place looking. And to find you in places a giant rager can't access was quite amusing. Good tussles. Why'd you hard loot me at the end though bro? I thought we had a good thing going! Glad it was you who got the death blow, you deserved it.

Thanks for the cool title whoever thunk that up.

Tamazin (Anonymous)Sun 24-Apr-22 08:43 PM
Charter member
#142849, "We did have a great thing going."
In response to Reply #1

I'm gutted to see this. You were my favourite fight, if also the toughest. No chance I'd drop a loot on the BOGT. I will regret not dropping you a tell so we could get it squared away properly, I usually assume silence means things like that are being resolved.

You're 100% right on those hiding spots. Many evenings were spent trying to come up with places where I could raise an army where you couldn't get at me, not that it usually helped.

Good show, also best title of the year.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142847 Previous topic | Next topic