Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Veriren the Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142805
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Apr-22 03:40 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142805, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Veriren the Dweller of the Wilds"

Tue Apr 12 03:39:27 2022

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Veriren perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:202

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Dude., Lhydia, 13-Apr-22 05:47 PM, #2
Reply I will, just for you! nt, fancy, 13-Apr-22 07:50 PM, #3
Reply My second hero!, fancy, 13-Apr-22 05:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My second hero!, Gilli (not Veig) (Anonymous), 14-Apr-22 08:29 AM, #4
     Reply RE: My second hero!, Lhydia, 14-Apr-22 11:16 AM, #5
          Reply Kind of an inside joke but I can see the forum cringe! ..., Gilli (not Veig) (Anonymous), 15-Apr-22 09:55 PM, #6
     Reply RE: My second hero!, Kytria (Anonymous), 15-Apr-22 11:10 PM, #7
          Reply Well if that wasn't one of the nicest things someone ha..., fancy, 16-Apr-22 02:30 PM, #8

LhydiaWed 13-Apr-22 05:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142811, "Dude."
In response to Reply #0

You were very well RPed. More please.

fancyWed 13-Apr-22 07:50 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2022
35 posts
#142813, "I will, just for you! nt"
In response to Reply #2

/

fancyWed 13-Apr-22 05:05 PM
35 posts
#142810, "My second hero!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 13-Apr-22 05:06 PM

I decided to play something edgier than a cooshie for once and went with Teddy Roosevelt from Night at the Museum if he woke up in CF.

Thanks Gilli (not Veig), Lyrien, and tons of other people for showing me around. Saw a lot of new stuff and loved it.

Kytria: Bummer we couldn't hang out more but I decided I'd try making a character that didn't immediately go Herald. I want to say a bunch else but you're still active. You're my THIRD hero. ฅ/ᐠ. ̫ .ᐟ\ฅ

Gwen: The above was the reason why Veriren suddenly became a diva at the event and blew up at you. Had to burn the bridge. When I was short with you in the Azreth my first instinct was "Apologize! That is someone's CHILD behind that keyboard.". Nothing personal, he was just a crazy person.

I had a lot of fun this time around. I'll definitely probably take less than 14 years to make my next hero.

Gilli (not Veig) (Anonymous)Thu 14-Apr-22 08:29 AM
Charter member
#142815, "RE: My second hero!"
In response to Reply #1

"Teddy Roosevelt from Night at the Museum if he woke up in CF" I gotta say, I think you nailed it! No wonder Gilli liked Veriren so much, she's a little bit like 'Dum Dum for Gum Gum from Night at the Museum', now that I think about it. We had some great interactions/adventures. I do hope it takes you less than 14 years to give it another shot!

LhydiaThu 14-Apr-22 11:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#142816, "RE: My second hero!"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Thu 14-Apr-22 11:16 AM

Forum dumb. I have failed.

Gilli (not Veig) (Anonymous)Fri 15-Apr-22 09:55 PM
Charter member
#142822, "Kind of an inside joke but I can see the forum cringe! ..."
In response to Reply #5

n/t

Kytria (Anonymous)Fri 15-Apr-22 11:10 PM
Charter member
#142823, "RE: My second hero!"
In response to Reply #1

YOU ABSOLUTE GENIUS.

I was visibly (and mentally) shaken at this delete. Why did you have to go?! Gahhh. Literally the worst news since I rolled Kytria. I cannot wait to write oodles about Veriren and my thoughts when Kytria perishes. I have to echo the other posters and say that your rp was delightful, engaging, humorous, and thought-provoking. I always wanted to send you tells because it was like sticking my hand into a bag of mixed jelly beans. Sure, I might get snot... but I might also get strawberry cheesecake.

You kept me on my toes and had some irrefutable points that drove me mad.

Please come back soon - CF was a better game with you here and I would be thrilled to have your brilliance back in any form.

fancySat 16-Apr-22 02:30 PM
35 posts
#142825, "Well if that wasn't one of the nicest things someone ha..."
In response to Reply #7

I was actually eating strawberry cheesecake ice cream while reading that post and got really confused for a second. Started thinking about snot and had to put it back in the freezer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whenever I stick around for a long time it's always because I met a character at low-levels who helped me solidify the role and was a delight to be around. Kytria 100% was that character for Veriren.

Kytria's clearly introspective/philosophical personality was a perfect match for Veriren's "First thought, best thought." approach.

Having a non-hunter close friend was such a refreshing break. Trying to watch Kytria explain simple facts to Veriren, who took everything she said literally, was so much fun it made me break role to go hang out with you. His utter horror at her betrayal for the mix-up about the Lyceum/Thera was going to be made even worse when he finally learned that there was, in fact, more than one inn in the world. (He would say "The one and only!" like a slogan about the Inn because you said it once when he was like level 20.)

I was going to CON die probably in a week ((because I was very close and I'm not yet good at this game) but couldn't think of anything else I wanted to die to, hence my deletion after getting merced by...I think something in Maltrakis.

I'm already moving and shaking about my ideas for the next character so I hope to bump into you again!

P.S.: After Kytria referred to him as a savage and a rabid dog when they first met, he wanted to see how far he could lie about his savage nature before she realized he was messing with her. Thus "first pass" canteens. It was like dangling a gross bug over a younger sibling.

He still totally would have Bear Gryllsed it if the situation arose. That option was probably a lot sooner on his list than others'.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142805 Previous topic | Next topic