Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Yarrif the Legend of the Battlef..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142766
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 05-Apr-22 07:55 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142766, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Yarrif the Legend of the Battlefield"

Tue Apr 5 19:54:46 2022

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Yarrif perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:183

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Yarrif (Anonymous)Thu 07-Apr-22 07:22 PM
Charter member
#142781, "Dear Whiysdan...."
In response to Reply #0

RE: Tue Feb 15 05:09:10 2022 by 'Whiysdan' at level 31 (41 hrs):
Village had the Codex and we were off practicing. Vyron logged on and we just continued practicing. After awhile of scouting, Vyron came for the Codex and we didn't even make any attempt...

Tue Feb 15 05:10:09 2022 by 'Whiysdan' at level 31 (41 hrs):
...to budge from our practicing. No answer at all to the raid, just kept on practicing. Titled 'Indifferent to Assaults on the Village' because of it.

I logged in, not in the village and did not know village had codex, there was a high level out of pk empire on (forget who) without opposition so I assumed we did not have the codex.

Vyron attacked the massive giant and I just figured he was looking for a fight. But I was all set up practicing and didn't feel like going there just for a fight.

I was quite shocked when the codex message came up, and annoyed, given I smashed Vyron in most our fights.

Sure, I should have went to village when logged in to do a where items, my bad. Just wanted to let you know that I did not on purpose ignore the defence of the codex.

I do wonder why you decided to give me that title. If I had a many hours to grind, I could probably go through all my logs and find something like 500-1000 instances of people not defending cabals when I raid over many years and characters, none of which resulted in a negative title.

yarrif (Anonymous)Tue 05-Apr-22 08:19 PM
Charter member
#142767, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Yarrif the Legend of the Bat..."
In response to Reply #0

The concept of this char was to max out Damroll, savespell and go all in on people, it’s fun. For the most part I did this a lot. The idea is based on the best defence is an extremely good offense. I’ve played other chars that require a lot more skill and preparation, the point to this char, was to have less of that, just thirst and have fun 😊
Duergar sword/mace calming/harmonious is super tough build though. It’s almost impossible for me to die to a solo mage. Invokers have literally no chance. With spellbane 100 save spell, calming, racial resist magic, resist arcane edge their magic is so feeble. Shifters cant hold out after a bone shatter. Necro/AP spells mostly fail as well.

Unfortunately it’s hard to get these fights, instead hordes of fortress that attack on physical wrath/light damage just camp at crossroads waiting. It seems like they were finding it hard to get fights too, so I was happy to give them some fights and they never looted me so was all good. Mostly champ and monk paladins, but also elf stsf. I once hit an azure monk with 100 damroll (thirst/poncho/berserk) and 2 defilement swords and he still cleaned me up. These builds are balanced by not being able to hold people in the fight well, so it’s not a great match up when my char goes all in on them. Paladins often won by using aristeia. Aristeia paladin + thirsting rager = at least 1 death 😊

Probably my only gripe is maran elf warrior stsf having pounce. The jaguar tattoo should really be toned back, or reserve it for people who play weaker builds or builds with flaws. Similarly it’s sort of stupid having a shark/owl that can pounce or a jaguar with double pounce chance. Fortunately my build could handle shifters but there must be lots of people that despise that in the game.

There were plenty of times I could have just quit in the village. But I’ve criticized people for doing that, so I stood my ground and died against the fort ganks. They didn’t loot so was all good. I don’t see it important that every character gets a good pk ratio and I actually hope I improved their enjoyment of the game.

Lyrien/Eilela both thought I was gates of forge legacy, I was happy for that misinformation to continue. Boulder hawk knock out followed by faerie fire was amusing.

I don’t hold any grudge against you (Lyrien) for how I ended this char early. I just thought my char would be angry with you. It wasn’t me OOC thinking you were not playing that char right. It was simply how I would expect a duergar rager to behave when he sees how you were around certain mages. I just wish I bone shattered you in the fight at the circle of rites. For some reason I thought I’d win just with thirst flurries and iron swords, bit of a miscalculation on my side (your critical strikes must have been brutal).

Regurgota, I was also hoping thirsting with 2 norem weapons (so no grapple) would win me the fight. The idea was to try get fast on the flee before you could drink skins, but instead you just killed me, your build is so strong.

Skreenak, thanks for that interaction. I would have eventually completed your task of killing x mages, just was slow going with hordes of marans that camp outside the village.

Gultfrut, my favourite rager. We both were Goblin followers and had some good times, sorry you also decided to give up on the char. You roleplayed very well and you probably lifted my effort. Gob Power!

Fang, it’s insane how strong your char is. Must be nice to not having hordes of marans in the way, a clear path to those mages. I feel like neutral rager wouldnt get enough fights and duergar gets too many.

Cezkvek, thanks for those weapon coats, good luck, duergar rager is never boring.

Fortress Guy (Anonymous)Tue 05-Apr-22 10:56 PM
Charter member
#142768, "But you quit out in the village a lot...n/t"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 05-Apr-22 10:56 PM

lol

Yarrif (Anonymous)Wed 06-Apr-22 12:49 AM
Charter member
#142770, "Am, no i did not."
In response to Reply #2

I do not recall quiting out a single time once the massive giant was attacked.

LhydiaTue 05-Apr-22 10:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142769, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Yarrif the Legend of the Bat..."
In response to Reply #1

I think the tat progs a lot less than you are giving it credit for.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142766 Previous topic | Next topic