Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the Vir..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142691
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-Apr-22 07:36 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142691, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the Virtues, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Tue Mar 22 19:01:09 2022

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Amayra perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:215

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Death Post, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 02:58 PM, #4
Reply looting and my suggestion, mackle, 26-Mar-22 04:48 PM, #8
Reply RE: looting and my suggestion, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 05:12 PM, #9
     Reply RE: looting and my suggestion, mackle, 26-Mar-22 05:30 PM, #21
Reply RE: Death Post, Jhyrbian, 26-Mar-22 07:22 PM, #10
Reply This is why you are a putz, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 08:53 PM, #11
Reply Just Learned Something, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 09:00 PM, #12
Reply RE: This is why you are a putz, Jhyrbian, 26-Mar-22 10:05 PM, #15
     Reply RE: This is why you are a putz, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 10:52 PM, #16
          Reply RE: This is why you are a putz, Jhyrbian, 26-Mar-22 10:57 PM, #17
               Reply How will I ever survive? n/t, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 11:02 PM, #18
Reply Hey dude, you wanna hit up discord, Jaedren (NOT Derexal), 26-Mar-22 09:47 PM, #14
Reply I will always have mad love for Amayra, Rexan (Anonymous), 26-Mar-22 09:46 PM, #13
Reply RE: Death Post, Atrissa (Anonymous), 27-Mar-22 10:09 AM, #19
Reply Amayra was awesome,, Zxctikazxcti (Anonymous), 28-Mar-22 09:40 AM, #20
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..., Kytria (Anonymous), 24-Mar-22 09:08 AM, #3
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..., Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 03:05 PM, #7
Reply Fare-thee-well, Amayra, RaryweyImm, 23-Mar-22 05:02 PM, #2
Reply RE: Fare-thee-well, Amayra, Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 03:00 PM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..., Dohri (Anonymous), 22-Mar-22 10:12 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..., Beroxxus, 26-Mar-22 03:03 PM, #6

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 02:58 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
182 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142708, "Death Post"
In response to Reply #0

Ok, I'm going to start off with my rant to get it out of the way. It should also be a lot nicer now that I have had time to cool down.

Rant Start: First, let me say I don't care about PK Ratios, dying, or generally losing gear. I do however care about good sportsmanship, and right now, alot of you don't know what that is. I am guessing you never grew up doing competitive things like sports and it certainly shows. And if for any lame reason you want to hide behind RP, that's garbage. Being evil doesn't mean being a #### bag. Learn the difference. In my 200+ hours as Amayra I never looted anything from a player (cept for Terath on his final death, which duh), but I also expect to lose something in a death, no biggie. In fact, I went into that fight figuring I would die and loose a piece or two. I did not expect to lose half my gear, several pieces which were GOOD only. Then to find out the someone was a hoarder to prevent good players from having the gear. That's total #### and that person is probably a total dirt bag in real life. I hope nothing good happens to you in RL if you can't have any decency in a game.

Also as an aside, if you complain about no one wants to fight you b/c you dominate your enemies so greatly b/c you go into every fight Max prepped and then loot them, that's on you. Less powergamey actions might yield more results and better fun for all players. With that said, End Rant.

About Amayra: Amayra was meant to be a very melancholy type character. She was suppose to be gloomy, and her attitude was that most everyone ignored her all her life, so when people did in her adventuring life, it was just another day. While not seeming overly friendly, she was actually, she just wasn't hugs and giggles like too many people think a goodie is supposed to be. She was very direct, and honest, but she was loyal to a fault and would help anyone in need. She had trouble expressing her feelings out loud, so she put all that into her writings. I also laid out a several subtle RP hints for various things that most folks did not catch on too. I really enjoyed the character, but I don't enjoy dealing with folks with no sensibility of good game fun, fairness, and decency.

About being an Acolyte. Man I swear to god, I had the worst luck at timing. It would never fail that someone would accidently kill a goodie, I'd get an echo, a direct message, or a note about helping them out. I'd be like, ok, I'm on it. Next thing I know, between my logins it either got resolved by the players, another person got to it first, or that person never showed up again. This happened like five times. As I said early, I wasn't the person who was going to come up and give you a hug and smile at you. But I was very empathetic to whatever you wanted to tell me, and used a lot of logic for certain things. When talking to other folks about why someone would act the way they did, I would ask that instead of looking at it from their own point of view, look at it from the other person. Are they someone who reacts well to certain things, are they unsure how to react in the first place?

Out of the Three people seeking redemptions, I spoke with two of them fairly regular, and the third, again horrible timing, either they were going to rest, I was going to rest, or I was protecting the Fortress. I was very glad to see Odren finish his, and I hope the others complete their arc. As someone who has done a redemption arc, I know it is rough, so just keep hanging in there.

As far as goodbyes go, I'm not going to write any right here, but will be happy to respond to any post.

Amayra
Beroxxus

mackleSat 26-Mar-22 04:48 PM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
#142712, "looting and my suggestion"
In response to Reply #4

You didn't loot anyone in 200+ hours, but 1 pk win and 6 assists?

In any event, while it's unlikely I would personally take good align eq from a paladin such as yourself. Actually I rather acolytes have elite stuff over marans

However, there may be still be merit.

There seems to be almost 2 months between your last 2 deaths, so you may have had limited (legendary?) good align only gear for quite some time. How are other good aligns suppose to get a turn at this eq if every evil leaves your corpse nice? Unlike evils that can kill other evils for gear, there is nothing good aligns can do. This is the primary reason I rarely play good aligns.

This brings up my suggestion which has never made progress before, but nonetheless here it is again:

There should be way way less alignment restricted eq. This would encourage more looting. But also getting looted wont feel as bad, because the next person you kill, you can loot back. This is more what it was like in the 90's (the good ol days). A lot of classes have absolutely zero chance of getting better eq killing their enemies (as their allies have it all), meanwhile they risk a spiteful grief loot if they die (such incentives create hideyfields).

To overcome roleplay issues of wearing weird armor for your race/class, there could be ways such as taking the item to shop and for price, get it corrupted/uncorrupted etc so it can be worn.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 05:12 PM
182 posts
#142713, "RE: looting and my suggestion"
In response to Reply #8

Make no mistake, I fought plenty, I just let most folks retreat. I had more than ample chances to loot bodies who fell to Marans/Squires where I did not engage in battle. And at least you get to leave elite gear in the hands of Acolytes.

And no, I didn't have all that gear for 2 months. I had to wait it out and let it become open to gather. And losing a piece of gear here and there from death, no biggie, just crap when you lose half your gear from one death, and items the looters could not use. The items they could use, no biggie.

mackleFri 01-Apr-22 07:36 AM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
#142714, "RE: looting and my suggestion"
In response to Reply #9

Technically you can never be pk'ed by someone that can actually use your eq.

This is why I proposed a revamp to the system, because right now its vulnerable to someone like Shapa coming and looting everyone from out of pk. I mean I get your grief. This is why nobody likes Shapa. That and his countrymen invaded Ukraine (ok getting off topic).

JhyrbianSat 26-Mar-22 07:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142715, "RE: Death Post"
In response to Reply #4

>Rant Start: First, let me say I don't care about PK Ratios,
>dying, or generally losing gear. I do however care about good
>sportsmanship, and right now, alot of you don't know what that
>is. I am guessing you never grew up doing competitive things
>like sports and it certainly shows. And if for any lame reason
>you want to hide behind RP, that's garbage. Being evil doesn't
>mean being a #### bag. Learn the difference. In my 200+ hours
>as Amayra I never looted anything from a player (cept for
>Terath on his final death, which duh), but I also expect to
>lose something in a death, no biggie. In fact, I went into
>that fight figuring I would die and loose a piece or two. I
>did not expect to lose half my gear, several pieces which were
>GOOD only. Then to find out the someone was a hoarder to
>prevent good players from having the gear. That's total ####
>and that person is probably a total dirt bag in real life. I
>hope nothing good happens to you in RL if you can't have any
>decency in a game.

If you're talking about Krig, I took 2 items from your corpse, gave 1 back - and yes, I could use that item in multiple ways. I held it for 3 whole days. Grow up.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 08:53 PM
182 posts
#142716, "This is why you are a putz"
In response to Reply #10

Krig goes stiff and forces himself to empty his stomach.
Krig regurgitates a wooden hummingbird pendant.
Krig regurgitates a shield of pure light.
Krig regurgitates a holy mark of the dwarven crusader.
Krig's regurgitation grazes him.

But yeah, no idea between you and shapa who all took what, but lost half my gear. Doesn't change my statement about what kind of person you are probably in RL. And by grow up, do mean not express my annoyance? Get over yourself.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 09:00 PM
182 posts
#142717, "Just Learned Something"
In response to Reply #11

So I just learned certain orcs need powerful goodie gear to do stuff with their skills. Not a big fan of something like that, but I can accept that as a player. I do apologize now that I am aware of that. Shapa on the other hand can still go screw himself.

JhyrbianSat 26-Mar-22 10:05 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142721, "RE: This is why you are a putz"
In response to Reply #11

Cry more please. I'm sorry you got PKed in a PK game.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 10:52 PM
182 posts
#142724, "RE: This is why you are a putz"
In response to Reply #15

Sorry that I apologized and you didn't read the next entry. But I suppose that's what people with a ####ty life do. Sorry your parents didn't love you enough.

JhyrbianSat 26-Mar-22 10:57 PM
917 posts
#142725, "RE: This is why you are a putz"
In response to Reply #16

not the first time you've said similar things, this isn't an isolated event with you. Sorry that I have zero respect for you.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 11:02 PM
182 posts
#142727, "How will I ever survive? n/t"
In response to Reply #17

n/t

Jaedren (NOT Derexal)Sat 26-Mar-22 09:47 PM
Charter member
#142720, "Hey dude, you wanna hit up discord"
In response to Reply #10

Been looking for you for a while.

Rexan (Anonymous)Sat 26-Mar-22 09:46 PM
Charter member
#142719, "I will always have mad love for Amayra"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for the great poem, and for the various talks we had while I was around. I had an inkling that you sang from various emotes seen during our time together. Kinda a little miffed you sang for odren and not me. I'm sure I tried to get you to do it a time or two.

Either way, loved the character. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Rexan

Atrissa (Anonymous)Sun 27-Mar-22 10:09 AM
Charter member
#142729, "RE: Death Post"
In response to Reply #4

Amayra and Rexan were such a breath of fresh air when they showed up - thank you for visiting the Inn and mixing it up!

I had a lot of fun trying to win you over, trying to crack that Amayra nut, and me Odren and Zicci had fun talking about Amayra and Flexin Rexan!

I remember so clearly when your turn to talk at that event got stolen by Carreana and I totally missed it, then was chasing you down to apologize- how perfect for Amayra, lol.

She was a very realistic character who added a lot to the game whenever she was on.

Zxctikazxcti (Anonymous)Mon 28-Mar-22 09:40 AM
Charter member
#142735, "Amayra was awesome,"
In response to Reply #4

I didn't get to see much of her lately because of my own limited play time. However, our handful of interactions impressed me. Tika sensed a great and terrible religious struggle going on within Amayra. Almost a frustrated sense of urgency to cut away the 'fluffiness' of many people's theology of the Light and get down to the nitty gritty. An exceptional paladin who will definitely be missed. Well done and for all the times I got you killed, sorry-not-sorry!

Kytria (Anonymous)Thu 24-Mar-22 09:08 AM
Charter member
#142701, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..."
In response to Reply #0

This is really upsetting to me. I was so looking forward to our next interactions, especially after we found a minor 'thing' to have in common. I know our interactions weren't always sunshine and rainbows, but we each had our roles to play. Wish I would have gotten to see and know Amayra more than I did. GLWYN

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 03:05 PM
182 posts
#142711, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..."
In response to Reply #3

Butting heads was great, and I knew it was all for the sake of RP. It took a lot to make Amayra angry, but you were good at rubbing the salt where it did. I was hoping we two could corner a certain bard and really let him have it. Good luck on your future Herald events.

RaryweyImmWed 23-Mar-22 05:02 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2021
54 posts
#142695, "Fare-thee-well, Amayra"
In response to Reply #0

I am sad to see this, mostly because I wanted you to get to a point of comfort with the religion. I noted you speaking to other characters about feeling distant from Rary, and that's not how I want this religion's relationships to go. I saw a lot I liked from Amayra, but I couldn't tell if you felt like you really clicked with things. I will say, your intuition was always spot on and I think you did the religion well in terms of being someone who uplifted others, even if you were firmly wrapped in your own protective shell.

Come back soon, I want a deep dive next time.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 03:00 PM
182 posts
#142709, "RE: Fare-thee-well, Amayra"
In response to Reply #2

So, I'm going to be honest. In the beginning I felt like I was getting this religion. I won't go into details b/c I don't want to spoil things for anyone, but at some point, I felt like you were making some stuff up out of nowhere b/c it was confusing. This put Amayra into a sullen state as she was wondering if it was her. She saw others succeeding and she felt like she was going no where. I do hope you enjoyed everything I wrote, and your own writing is crazy awesome. Way better than anything I could put together. Thank you for the time.

Dohri (Anonymous)Tue 22-Mar-22 10:12 PM
Charter member
#142693, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Really wish that you hadn't gone. Honestly, I really got excited every time I saw you on because I liked you so much. I found myself not interacting as much as I wanted to because I was always paranoid that you didn't like me very much so I didn't want to bother you. I feel bad because I don't really like how I acted when you finally decided to open up to me a little bit so I am sorry for that.

I loved how you were always honest with me. I hate that I'm not able to work at trying to figure you out.

Thank you helping me with that poem, and thank you for letting me hear some of yours.

BeroxxusSat 26-Mar-22 03:03 PM
182 posts
#142710, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amayra the Champion of the..."
In response to Reply #1

Oh no, I certainly did not hate Dohri. Amayra just was kinda weirded out by all the hugs, but she endured it b/c you seemed to enjoy them. Amayra didn't like some wording you first tried out when we all working on the recruitment letter, but your second set of wording was fantastic. I was super glad that poem turned out so well, and I REALLLY wanted to explore more on what we talked about. Just often we either had one of us coming while the other was going, or we had to keep the Maran Tar'bal alive, and the two of us together were awesome at it.

The sheer fact you got to hear some of my poems should be very telling on how I thought of Dohri. Almost no one else did.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142691 Previous topic | Next topic