Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Alendross E'aralothin the Prophe..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141947
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-Oct-21 01:30 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141947, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Alendross E'aralothin the Prophet of Portents, Elder Sentinel"

Fri Oct 1 13:29:29 2021

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Alendross perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:807

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Alendross E'aralothin the Pr..., Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous), 06-Oct-21 08:12 PM, #15
Reply Death comes for all things., Shandae, 04-Oct-21 10:23 PM, #4
Reply Such a great character, xyfa, 05-Oct-21 04:39 AM, #5
Reply RE: Such a great character, Shandae, 06-Oct-21 04:24 PM, #14
Reply Kudos, Ergush, 05-Oct-21 06:26 AM, #6
Reply Thank you so much., Shandae, 06-Oct-21 04:19 PM, #10
Reply RE: Death comes for all things., Nalasul, 05-Oct-21 11:47 AM, #7
Reply RE: Death comes for all things., Shandae, 06-Oct-21 04:24 PM, #13
Reply RE: Death comes for all things., Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 05-Oct-21 03:24 PM, #8
Reply RE: Death comes for all things., Shandae, 06-Oct-21 04:23 PM, #12
Reply BALLER CHARACTER, Dallevian, 06-Oct-21 01:48 PM, #9
     Reply RE: BALLER CHARACTER, Shandae, 06-Oct-21 04:22 PM, #11
Reply Outstanding., k-b, 01-Oct-21 06:29 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks KB, Shandae, 04-Oct-21 10:44 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks KB, Whiysdan, 04-Oct-21 10:59 AM, #3

Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous)Wed 06-Oct-21 08:12 PM
Charter member
#141980, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Alendross E'aralothin the Pr..."
In response to Reply #0

No poppa, don't go!

Man, you were like the dad to all the Outlanders in the last year. You were always there ready to lend an ear, a kind word, or pretty much anything. You were impressive because you didn't really care what type of odds you'd go into, you'd go into them. You didn't very much care about gear either and I think that's part of the reason why people were so likely to leave things for you. You tore it up and you RP'd and you just made everyone and everything around you better. I really appreciated all the time and you really made a huge impact on Delkinen's life. Good luck with your next.

Delkinen Windsinger

ShandaeMon 04-Oct-21 10:23 PM
Member since 11th Nov 2019
126 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141964, "Death comes for all things."
In response to Reply #0

So after having all of my best friends on Vindelph be outlanders, I decided it was time to try out the cabal to learn about them. I rolled up Alendross as a "learn the ropes" character. My intent was to play my first ranger and first outlander and learn how Outlander worked so I could come back and play a better one later. Then at about 50 or so hours Ergush was like "Surprise, Harbinger!" So I had to learn the ropes real fast heh. This was easily my most successful character in CF. I've been waiting for this goodbye just so I could post my list of firsts with this character (Which I already did in discord). This was my first: Wood elf, Ranger, Bedouin, Explorer, Outlander, Sentinel, Harbinger, RC Win, Animist, Ergush follower, tattoo, 800 hour character, 75+ charge AP solo kill, solo mummy kill, time to hold 1000 gold (From Itzen's bounty), time to sacrifice 1000 gold (It sort of hurt my brain), and lastly, Elder. Thank you all for the amazing journey and the literal year and a half of fun. A few of the things I tried to do with Alen was to get rid of the stigma of outlanders always hiding. I tried very hard to not camo unless I was engaging in active pk, and I tried very hard to give everyone both kinds of fights. Group and ganks as well as solo. I'm a solo pvper at heart but I tried real hard to give myself the 'pack mentality' because that's the way an outlander would view it. Early on I decided to adapt intelligent speech. Just because we were wild didn't mean we were stupid. Then when I asked Ishuli about the sounds over tells she talked about hearing the actual sounds so I adapted the "Ha!" and that and the widegrin became a big part of who I was. Lastly, one thing I tried to incorporate that I hope the outlanders I interviewed noticed, was I tried to use "Her instincts" in different ways that incorporated who that outlander was. I'd use things like bugs or rodents in the trees and try to make it unique to each person though I'm sure a few might've been similar because of all the hours of doing interviews heh.

Immortals:
Ergush - What a ride. I really enjoyed feeling my way through the religion and how every approach to it can be unique. From the order you take people through different laws to the way we could interpret them just a little bit different from one another. You are killer and I'm so grateful for your trust and giving me the push in confidence to make me who I became.

Ishuli - The time you and Ergush pushed us to raid each other was one of the coolest moments in all of CF. I don't know if you realized this, but the scar on Alendross's chest was partially from you. The original jagged scar I put because of Zraldar but the extra icy blue came from you hitting me with ice-needles while you were fighting Ergush at the Executioner.

Skreenak - I'm not sure if you came up with the idea to give me a full path from the RC win, but being the first person to get a full path felt like such an honor. Thank you so much for the opportunity.

Jormyr - I don't know if it was just random snooping, but the time you came down when I talked about "The Yeti" over cb and you gave me the frost shield gave me a big ole grin. I felt approval and it was more lifeblood.

Panmorne - The old tomatoes helped Alendross in a pivotal point in his life. Thank you for the guidance and for listening to a hunter and his plight.

Players (Not grouped in any way because I had to go through the battlefield to remember who I could and I'm sure I missed some of you. Sorry!

Aldaugh - My very first outlander friend. You taught me a lot about the beginning. I didn't even know about that quest that helped with training and practices heh. You didn't last long but you left a lasting impression because of how much help you were to me. Thanks whoever you are.

Ydane - My first legendary figure. I didn't push it as much as I should have but I always had it in my head you should've been on the totem. I didn't interact with you much but seeing you hunt was something to behold.

Llyion - You gave me my first full loot. I thought it was strange because I hadn't encountered you at all and came to fight in town, but it began some interaction with Gnimos for me that made me have a different view of him than a lot of other people. Sorry you were bitter at outlander and I hope you've had fun since then.

Fajeen - Another one of those that taught me a lot. Sadly I didn't retain enough of it heh. You showed me quite a bit and I pushed for you to be nightreaver when it became available. Thanks for everything.

Exine - Man you were tough. I think my role entry about you might have been one of the things that pushed me to get an RC win and even though you had my number I really enjoyed fighting you. I had to go learn how to get resist lightning just because of you heh.

Edelrock - ROCK! Your character was phenomenal. I often thought that had I not gotten Harbinger you for sure would have been it. I really really loved hanging out and talking with Rock.

Olethros - Jeeze Igsoeh how many iterations did you have during my life? Man us bumbling through that swamp was probably laughable to some of the more experienced players but it was what tied us together as such good friends at that time.

Modasien - JEEZE that fight was scary. I had been hearing how insane you were and how you were wrecking everyone you fought. I knew I had you somewhat on the ropes but chasing you I honestly expected to die. I was just hopeful and it paid off. Then that shaman managed to blind me but I had already gotten your spear. I got away and then I had to go do something for work, so I was camo'd, hiding, afk praying I didn't get found and killed before I could get rid of the spear heh.

Kachaqa - Man I miss hunting with you and those nets. First time we got Itzen was because of your help. You were a good friend and fun to hunt with.

Faemii - Another Nightreaver gone too soon. Poor Ergush just can't keep em around.

Goantun - Ah my first felar ranger buddy. I loved seeing those backrakes do insane damage as we fought things together.

Graevnik - Through 800 hours of play, you still hold one of the top 5 at the very least of all my character. Casting the bones for you and talking to you in the copse was just such a cool and awesome moment. I was sad only you and I got to experience it.

Cedany - Oof. Man what an introduction to the game. You shaped so much of my life and I cherished every moment we had. I carried that painting for over half my life and I raged hard at Scion for taking it from me. I actually died to the archmage trying to solo raid because I was so upset.

Gnimos - Order is for pansies! I know you caught a lot of flack but because of our initial introduction and you making sure I still had gear I always liked you as a player. We also had a lot of good fights and a few fun jibber jabbers inbetween.

Birbmwn - You were a crazy ass bird. I could not figure you out at all. You were part of the crux of who I became so thank you for that catalyst.

Alisani - You were a fierce enemy. When I got you in the wastes I took your shield, and not even like 24 hours later Primdella killed me and took it for themselves lol.

Zraldar - One of my favorite people in this characters entire life. Like you said in discord that fight in the shadowgrove and surrounding areas was one of the best I've ever had. It was so close and so fun for so long. Thank you for the huge compliment of trying to play during my time and I hope you're still having fun with us.

Primdella - So much rage heh. You were unkillable for me. I could do NOTHING against you and it felt so futile. You were a stellar character from all accounts of those that interacted with you so I'm only sad I didn't get to see more of that since I was an enemy and most of our dialogue was snippy heh.

Zydeki - WHOA. Such a stellar Nightreaver. You were a force to be reckoned with and I loved getting to fight beside you. Those two paths really were some of the strongest I had seen.

Umbrand - Java if you still read these, this was your quintessential character for me. You embodied patience and fatherly love. Your talks with me felt like you sitting a spoiled brat down and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Itzenxilaatl - That kill was a highlight for me. I forget who was watching but they saw me return all your things and were like "I'd have strewn it across the desert" but that wasn't my way. I know you have strange ideas about what's acceptable but I'm not really an eye for an eye kind of guy.

Tjur - THE BEAST! You went out in the lead but I know we killed eachother at least 4 or 5 times before you got a few ahead of me. It was insane trying to best you and it gave me such a feeling of euphoria just having known that I could kill you. I actually carried your skin as my bag all the way till the final death.

Tissie - I know you didn't see this based on your time in the Refuge, but you shaped my character forever from that point on. You really showed Alendross what it meant to be a Warden and it molded me into being a better harbinger for having that knowledge so thank you so much.

Dollerveim - The candied one. We had a lot of good tussles. I know you were frustrated but man you did a lot with what you were given. You kept on kicking ass and I admired it.

Tristhana - You envious little priss! I still maintain you'd have made an excellent reaver. But no you had to go listen to papa morius and forsake all of the world. Exceptionally well played. And that time you got me on Kiadana was so well played, I was impressed.

Kaloura - So when you called me out on that other graveyard post I went and looked through my logs. We actually only spoke twice (That I had logged anyways) and both times spurred RP about you, just not to you. Once I spoke to Delkinen and another I spoke to Umbrand. I always had a tough time with how to deal with Azure touched since technically you're an abomination but it's not your fault.

Scyreth - EAT EAT EAT. You played that character so well. I had no idea I had killed you when you were chasing me that time but by then I had been given animist and I was a shapeshifters worst nightmare. I applaud you for making a character shine at being creepy. Well well done.

Williad - You tough bastid. I 'thought' I almost got you once (the log you posted) but you were still at a very high hp heh. That's why I chased you to civilized because I think I saw gushing on my end and saw that I was actually doing damage to you so was like "This is my one shot" heh. You were insanely tough to the point I was like "No sense in fighting him I'll just die."

Gharanja - RANJA! I loved Ranja. Seeing your journey was awesome and I just thoroughly enjoyed having you around.

Asaigai - Damned bat. You were tough as nails but if I recall I don't think you ever managed to get me. And then when I got animist I became a nightmare for you and at some point I just noticed you not even trying to kill me any more heh.

Narzas - Xyfa you are so insanely skilled. I am honored to get to fight any of your characters. I kept getting suckered by you to over-extend and I'd think I'd be fine and then all of a sudden dead. Well done yet again.

Jagre - Another outstanding first character. You got me once or twice with healing curse. It's so wild to watch someone's growth in real time. I could tell between each fight how much you had learned and how you were reacting differently. Well done.

Miraja - I was determined to kill that damn imp. And in conclusion for your propsal. I'd have killed Miraja. Death comes for all things. If she was chained to a demon she was unnatural. Better to give her a natural death.

Zorellaia - The drow that talked like a duergar. I enjoyed our brief little friendship and thought you were a fun character.

Hoisshyr - MAN WHAT GUMPTION. You sir, are a freaking hero. I saw the oppressive opposition you faced and you just kept trucking. You also had a very noticable learning curve as you went from a lot of pavement eating to some gradual stomping. With other people, you always just stomped me heh. So fun little tidbit. One day I was out gathering preps and I was creeping along and I passed by you when you were like level 15 or something. I heard you say to your groupmate "He's the most famous outlander" and I grinned real wide heh. Thanks for that memory.

Reshekel - You were a bright spot towards the end of my life. I always liked talking to you and sitting and learning of you was a real treat. Thanks for making the game more fun.

Elebe - You crazy ass druid. You better be taking care of those cubs. You were always a trickster and I loved all the wisecracks. You rock.

Geruscleudo - A wonderful nightreaver. I didn't get to play at the same time as you often but you were always willing to mix it up. Thanks for filling the shoes for a time.

Kira - Old ass drow! You and I fought for so many centuries. I really liked having you as an enemy and the fights were always fun.

Moii - Sorry if you dying to us caused you to auto. I made sure we didn't sac the gear in case you came back but you never did.

Ahinu - Man such a fierce creature. I remember seeing you once and being like "I'm in wilderness, I can see how this is gonna go." And then was dead like 3 rounds later. Excellent job.

Teithiwr - Man Ig. Just man. Knowing what I know now, that means the time we talked in the copse, we were sitting right where Graevnik and I sat, while I was holding a skin of Tjur. That is just insane. This was probably your most successful, but Tjur was still my favorite because of all the epic fights. Plus you worshiped that good for nothing witch =P

Delkinen - WHAT A SUNWARDEN. You were exactly what that branch of the tree needed. I saw right away what you were capable of and I don't regret putting you in Ergush's crosshairs one bit. You are a fantastic character and I am so grateful to have been able to play with you.

Allavia - The last sister. Thank you for all the talks and all the excitement. I am blown away by how fun you are and I hope you continue paving the way for a while yet.

Mojabosombo - SMARTEST HARBINGERS! You are so fantastic. You cracked me up constantly and really really know how to play that character well. I am so lucky to have gotten to see this character before I had to slip away. Thanks for all the laughs and take good care of the Tree for me.

And then... the biggest name in Alendross's life beyond perhaps even Ergush himself. Maeneekoni. I hope that when you see the role entries and everything you understand just how much of this character you shaped. And not just from the roles. Me as a person. I felt heavy after all of our talks. It actually affected me because our chemistry and interaction were so raw and emotional. Thank you for making this character into what it was. You really know what you're doing with the Loss roleplay and made me feel so many things. I guess you did outlive me.

For those I may have missed, know that you still impacted the character. There was just a long life and lots of people. I struggled most with people who might still be alive because of not getting to play much lately and being too swamped and stressed from work to have a good memory. Just remember. All are free.

xyfaTue 05-Oct-21 04:39 AM
Member since 03rd Mar 2018
152 posts
#141965, "Such a great character"
In response to Reply #4

A seriously impressive ranger. Crazy to realise just how long you've been around. Big thumbs up for not being someone who just sits hidden at the tree for hours on end either, you always seemed out and about if not doing interviews or similar.

To this day I kick myself for how I handled that fight where I lost Modasien's spear. Some pk deaths stick with you and I'll have that one for a while, I think.

Very much look forward to seeing what you play next.

ShandaeWed 06-Oct-21 04:24 PM
126 posts
#141978, "RE: Such a great character"
In response to Reply #5

That's about how I felt after all of my Narzas deaths. "Why did I let him bait me into civilized AGAIN". I just had too much fun dragging you out of the shadows with the spirit animals lol.

ErgushTue 05-Oct-21 06:26 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
#141966, "Kudos"
In response to Reply #4

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Alendross was just a good all-around character that seemed like a staple of the tree, and the game forever. You were not only a good follower, but a good leader, teacher, hunter, player, friend, enemy, and everything else. The players that interacted with you enjoyed those times, and to me, that is what matters.

Thank you for playing such a fun character and really showing that some RP can go a long way into making a good character, great.

ShandaeWed 06-Oct-21 04:19 PM
126 posts
#141974, "Thank you so much."
In response to Reply #6

Your words are very humbling. I really can't say enough how much they mean to me and how even though the journey was well worth it on it's own, this is a huge reward for me the player.

NalasulTue 05-Oct-21 11:47 AM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
243 posts
#141967, "RE: Death comes for all things."
In response to Reply #4

I didn't cross paths with you much as Nalasul, but did interact across two different mortals of mine. You were top notch both times.

ShandaeWed 06-Oct-21 04:24 PM
126 posts
#141977, "RE: Death comes for all things."
In response to Reply #7

Thank you for the interactions! I can't wait to have time to play again and finally get around to playing one of yours that I've studied so much for heh.

Maeneekoni (Anonymous)Tue 05-Oct-21 03:24 PM
Charter member
#141968, "RE: Death comes for all things."
In response to Reply #4

Oh cousin, so many lessons, you shall be mourned. Truly an end of a cycle in all aspects, more later, but all-in-all you helped bring Mae to life as much as she shaped Alendross. I hope you had fun with all the back and forth, but our ending, was so, so, perfect. Thanks again for all the fun!

ShandaeWed 06-Oct-21 04:23 PM
126 posts
#141976, "RE: Death comes for all things."
In response to Reply #8

The entire arc was one for the ages. We had our very own character challenge level of interaction. That Rahsael saw situation was just so intense. When you're gone I'll post the log of it after I verify you were the last person alive in it.

DallevianWed 06-Oct-21 01:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#141973, "BALLER CHARACTER"
In response to Reply #4

i had 2 outtie heroes while you were Harbinger. got to see you in your early hero life and in your later days after stepping down.

so much fun seeing you in action and playing alongside you. mucho respecto!

ShandaeWed 06-Oct-21 04:22 PM
126 posts
#141975, "RE: BALLER CHARACTER"
In response to Reply #9

Thank you for the kind words and the fun. I loved all the interactions I had through all of his life so thank you for contributing to that.

k-bFri 01-Oct-21 06:29 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#141948, "Outstanding."
In response to Reply #0

From Primdella to Amriith, I found Alendross to be an excellent character, leader, ally, and enemy.

Primdella fought you a bunch and she felt you were almost unbeatable in the wilds, but quite manageable in civilized areas. Which probably makes a lot of sense considering you were a ranger. She respected you a lot because you would always come for the Fetish no matter what and you played a very fearless way that she completely respected, even though she felt you were filthy and savage. Prim's words, not mine.

Amriith found you to be a great ally at times and someone to listen to and learn from. She was chaotic, so she found Thar-Eris and a lot of the Tree ideologies to be interesting and mostly "good". I don't think we fought together that much but when we did, I had a lot of fun. That fight with Zeldira(? Imperial Drow warrior) was awesome and you completely saved my bacon... You totally should have entered combat sooner though. lol. jk.

Hope you come back soon. The game needs more Alendross's. Alendri? You get it.

ShandaeMon 04-Oct-21 10:44 AM
126 posts
#141958, "Thanks KB"
In response to Reply #1

I'll be posting a big goodbye thread hopefully soon just had a busy weekend. I got Amriith's pbf as well as my own. Cheers amigo.

WhiysdanMon 04-Oct-21 10:59 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#141961, "RE: Thanks KB"
In response to Reply #2

What a great character! There's nothing quite like a long-lived character like this that sees so many others come and go. Very well done!

=w=

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141947 Previous topic | Next topic