Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Amriith Monk the Relentless Light..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141917
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Sep-21 09:05 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141917, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Amriith Monk the Relentless Light of Reason, Marshall of the Fortress"

Sat Sep 25 21:00:32 2021

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Amriith perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:522

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply New CF Rule, Pendragon_Surtr (NOT Player), 26-Sep-21 12:36 PM, #8
Reply Sorry dude., k-b, 27-Sep-21 02:34 PM, #11
Reply Thanks to all., k-b, 25-Sep-21 11:38 PM, #1
     Reply Great job, Narzas (Anonymous), 26-Sep-21 01:23 AM, #2
     Reply Narzas took a couple con for sure., k-b, 26-Sep-21 11:57 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Thanks to all., Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous), 26-Sep-21 08:54 AM, #3
     Reply Hey Delkinen!, k-b, 26-Sep-21 12:00 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Thanks to all., Ally (Anonymous), 26-Sep-21 09:51 AM, #4
     Reply You're very welcome., k-b, 26-Sep-21 12:03 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Thanks to all., Nalasul, 26-Sep-21 09:36 PM, #9
     Reply Thank you Nalasul., k-b, 27-Sep-21 02:36 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Thanks to all., Baerinika, 27-Sep-21 12:48 PM, #10
     Reply A couple more things., k-b, 27-Sep-21 02:40 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Thanks to all., Azorinne, 29-Sep-21 07:36 PM, #14
     Reply Thanks Azorinne., k-b, 30-Sep-21 11:29 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Thanks to all., Whiysdan, 04-Oct-21 10:58 AM, #16
          Reply Thanks Whiysdan!, k-b, 06-Oct-21 01:24 PM, #17

Pendragon_Surtr (NOT Player)Sun 26-Sep-21 12:36 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

All of the CF vets and top notch RPers are not allowed to all age/con die at the same damn time!! There is not much fun in the Hero range now. You guys will have to power level up! Great character, though I didn't interact with you much, the few times I did were great.

k-bMon 27-Sep-21 02:34 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141930, "Sorry dude."
In response to Reply #8

Quite frankly this Con Death has been coming for a LONG time. Like seriously, Amriith was basically on death's door like her last 200 hours. But I kept getting saved by either people helping me do con quests that I never knew about or edge points kicking in at the last second so I could take that extra con edge. It was crazy.

Of course Amriith always knew it was just Einoh's divine Light.

k-bSat 25-Sep-21 11:38 PM
344 posts
#141918, "Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #0

General thoughts:

Thank you so much for all the work and effort everyone puts into their characters. This char was a blast to play from start to finish.

Role:

Amriith Monk was an Arial who lost her family. She fell from the sky as a young bird, and always wondered where her parents went. They abandoned her when she fell, and she was 'adopted' by a traveling holy man who went by "Monk". He raised her on the streets of Galadon. Amriith followed "Monk" around for her early years. Carrying his things about. Monk would train her on defensive moves. But nothing serious.

Amriith always wanted a family and a place to call "Home". She was at "home" with Monk. Until Monk died. When Monk died, she saw a vision from her Lord Einoh. When she saw that, she knew her purpose. She always lived her life to be closer to Einoh. That was her overall driving force. To be closer to Einoh. That's how she lived her life.

I had a good idea of who Amriith was from the very beginning. I knew she was destined to Con-die. She was begging me to play her that way. She never worried about dieing or killing. Only to make Einoh proud and to stay true to who she was.

Her RP was that of a bird. I tried to make her actions and RP based around being bird-like. The biggest hinderance to this was making sure I never smiled or frowned because she had a beak. You might not think of it as a big deal, but never smiling or frowning was a hard task. I also made sure to *chirp* or *sqwawk* as much as possible. Eventually the IMM's told me to calm down a bit, even, because I was going a bit hard on the chirping or squawking.

Other than that, she was all about helping out the little guy. Monk was a beggar, so she gave TONS of money to beggars and homeless. Not only that, but Amriith was terrible with money because of her upbringing. She was terrible with money, and would give loads of money out for no reason, or to some homeless person, because she remembered what it was to be homeless. I must have given out 1000's of coin to homeless over her time. That's who she was.

Build:

Amriith was an Arial warrior, Chaotic/Good, Flail/Hand, Flow/Enigma. Later I was given Fires of adversity for a role contest win.

The build was great. I have no complaints.

Flow was useful from time to time and I wanted it to be an X-factor legacy that others couldn't really account for. It was just that.

Enigma was useful for dispelling or damnation for wands. And being able to recall from combat made certain situations much more manageable, such as fighting at centurions or fighing an Orc with the polearm giant.

Fires was an interesting legacy. And I'm happy for anything given. However, after having it, I don't think I would ever take it on my own. Seriously though, I'm happy for anything given. I truly appreciate anything extra.

Einoh:

Einoh. I know I wasn't perfect. I probably used more coin than you would have liked. But your religion, more than any other religion I've ever done, actually may have made me a better person. To research for your religion, I listened to a few TED talks on morality and read a bit about it on other forums. It made me think about who I was as a person, not only who Amriith was as a character. I know it seems silly, but Thank You for your religion and how you do things.

I know you probably don't have a lot of time, right now, but I really tried hard to make you proud. I probably used more money then you would like, but I made sure to give back A BUNCH. I gave to all sorts of Charitys and I made sure to give out more money than I took in.

I'm so happy for the few talks we had. They were fun and entertaining. I think I came into your religion when you were making some changes, and I don't know how well I fit into it. But I always tried to keep YOU first and to do what I thought you wanted me to do. I hope I did you proud. I really tried.

Also, your tattoo was SICK. Thank you for letting me play around with it for somewhere around 200 hours. It was a true joy.

Baerinkia: Wow. Your impact on the Fortress cannot be compared. When I rolled, Fort was in the dumps. Your presence was such a resurgence for Fortress it cannot be understated. You are an excellent IMM, and I take back anything I may have said in a previous character. You're so great, you make me want to roll a Baer char. Thank you for giving me a chance at leadership. You are, easily, the main reason Fort is rolling again.

Fortress:

Thamuuk: Well done. You were Amriith's hero and you led us through some dark times.

Hiilos: When you came around was the true turn of the tide. Your knowledge of the game and PK ability really helped turn things around. It was a pleasure playing along side you. I have a couple of ideas of who you are, but I can't be sure. Your knowledge is astounding. Thank you.

Throndrin (Dwarf Shaman): I may have spelled your name wrong, but I have such good memories of us trying to PK together. Sometimes I think we were both out of our minds. But you and Amriith saw eye-to-eye. Never back down. Never surrender. We gave it our all. No doubts.

Merallus: I meant what I wrote. You deserve leadership.

Srathil: You had the goods. You were a Maran through and through.

Friends:

Mojabosombo (?): I had a blast playing with you. You are HILARIOUS, and you have a great impact on the game. Some things I would try so hard to do, you would do so easily. You have a SICK build. Best of luck.

Rinn: You are doing well. Keep at it.

Annubis (?): To the gnome transmuter in Outlander, keep at it. You're great.

Allavia: You were one of Amriith's first friends. You're awesome and keep at it.

Enemies:

Odaza: I had a lot of fun fighting you. Best of luck.

Vanpeera: Same as Odaza. You were one of my best fights.

Ahinu: You were truly special. You never backed down. You always came at us hard. You were probably my favorite enemy. Kudos. You're awesome.

Geracudo (Outlander Nightreaver Ranger): We had some great fights. I wish you had stuck around longer.

That's about it. If I missed you, gimme a shout.

k-b aka many many others. You know me. Gimme a shout if you care to.

Kalystyr I miss you. You're the only thing I miss from discord. Gimme a shout.

k-b, aka Primdella Stormwind, Yanni Sunburst, Onya Stargaze, Parandalia, Leitha Ar'Er, Cheyerre Page, Eudessa Frostborn, and many many many more.

Narzas (Anonymous)Sun 26-Sep-21 01:23 AM
Charter member
#141919, "Great job"
In response to Reply #1

You were a very skilled enemy. I wish we'd talked in hindsight after seeing all the cool notes, but it was fight fight fight whenever you were online which was awesome.

Good luck with whatever you do next.

k-bSun 26-Sep-21 11:57 AM
344 posts
#141923, "Narzas took a couple con for sure."
In response to Reply #2

You used to beat the ever-loving stuffing out of me. It took a while for me to realize that I shouldn't fight assassins until trance falls.

Still, you brought it each and every time and it was impressive to watch how you would fight 2 or 3 of us at a time. Kudos. I'm glad I got my one kill on you. I'll try remembering that kill and not the 2 or 3 con you took.

Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous)Sun 26-Sep-21 08:54 AM
Charter member
#141920, "RE: Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #1

Man k-b, not even a mention. I get it though, with everything in a long goodbye from a character played all to the end you forget people and I'm kind of a loner, so I didn't run around with people a ton. I enjoyed the talks we had and I did enjoy that you were always there to discuss something or help me with thoughts as needed. You were a stand-up for the Light that you rarely see anymore and I appreciated that. Hope you enjoy your next!

Delkinen Windsinger

k-bSun 26-Sep-21 12:00 PM
344 posts
#141924, "Hey Delkinen!"
In response to Reply #3

You hit the nail on the head. With such a long-lived character, I wasn't going to remember everyone. I'm glad you reached out though because I really did have a fun time talking with you and fighting together the few times we were able.

Your RP is excellent and you do a great job of giving off that 'good' feel. Ya know? Like more than just killing evil. That little extra to make a character feel 'good'.

Best of luck.

Ally (Anonymous)Sun 26-Sep-21 09:51 AM
Charter member
#141921, "RE: Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #1

This was a great character and I had a lot of fun with Amriith as an ally, in a returning character. Big dejavu. Great playing with you again k-b.

k-bSun 26-Sep-21 12:03 PM
344 posts
#141925, "You're very welcome."
In response to Reply #4

I'm glad I had a chance to make an impact on you. That's one of the main reasons I play this game is to give someone a great CF memory or moment. Hopefully I gave out a few more along the way. Thanks for reaching out anonymous ally. I bet we had a good time.

NalasulSun 26-Sep-21 09:36 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
243 posts
#141927, "RE: Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #1

I dug me some Amriith.

k-bMon 27-Sep-21 02:36 PM
344 posts
#141931, "Thank you Nalasul."
In response to Reply #9

Thank you for the RC win and thank you for the added perks. You usually play pretty late, so you probably saw me getting my ass handed to me more than other IMM's.

I hope I was entertaining. I had a blast playing, even through the hardships. And I get why you gave me the perks that you did. They both made good RP sense. Take care.

BaerinikaMon 27-Sep-21 12:48 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#141929, "RE: Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Amriith! I appreciated that you had such great Einoh faith RP and it caused just the tiniest bit of delightful friction with Baer people. You really embraced the role of Marshall and I love it when people seem to really enjoy leadership.
Good luck on your next! Baershrine is always open for business!

k-bMon 27-Sep-21 02:40 PM
344 posts
#141932, "A couple more things."
In response to Reply #10

I really really appreciate you letting me keep the Preacher edge. It really gave Amriith another bit od depth that I was glad to embrace.

Also, I wish I had more time to 'poke' Baer followers about this or that, but Amriith was made to be a character of action, which meant if an Evil was online and I could fight them, I HAD to be in their face. It was a main point of the char, but some parts of Amriith's RP suffered as a result of how action oriented she was.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

AzorinneWed 29-Sep-21 07:36 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2020
36 posts
#141939, "RE: Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #1

Nicely done, Amriith was a joy to watch.

k-bThu 30-Sep-21 11:29 PM
344 posts
#141944, "Thanks Azorinne."
In response to Reply #14

I liked the couple of talks we had, and I would love to give your religion a try some day. You seem very interesting and mysterious. You're doing great with the Acolyte side of Fort. Best of luck.

WhiysdanMon 04-Oct-21 10:58 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#141960, "RE: Thanks to all."
In response to Reply #1

I really enjoyed watching this character go balls to the wall. Well done and I really enjoyed the Einoh RP. Great job all around.

=w=

k-bWed 06-Oct-21 01:24 PM
344 posts
#141972, "Thanks Whiysdan!"
In response to Reply #16

I'm not too familiar with getting killed as much as I did with Amriith, but I was having fun the whole time. I'm glad to know I put on a decent show. 13 thanks!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141917 Previous topic | Next topic