Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Florjen Punkindee the Scientific..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141898
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-Sep-21 04:25 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141898, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Florjen Punkindee the Scientific Investigator of Gambling, Provost Magistrate"

Thu Sep 23 04:20:46 2021

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Florjen perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:828

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The angry turtle sleeps., Florjen (Anonymous), 23-Sep-21 05:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: The angry turtle sleeps., Terrowin Graymantle (Anonymous), 23-Sep-21 10:56 PM, #5
Reply RE: The angry turtle sleeps., Draurigon (Anonymous), 24-Sep-21 04:49 AM, #6
Reply RE: The angry turtle sleeps., Baazu (Anonymous), 24-Sep-21 06:18 AM, #7
Reply Oh right, forms., Florjen (Anonymous), 05-Oct-21 06:36 PM, #9
Reply RE: The angry turtle sleeps., Whiysdan, 04-Oct-21 11:01 AM, #8
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Florjen Punkindee the Scient..., a person (Anonymous), 23-Sep-21 01:48 PM, #1
     Reply So low, you can't get under it..., Florjen (Anonymous), 23-Sep-21 05:27 PM, #3
          Reply RE: So low, you can't get under it..., a person (Anonymous), 23-Sep-21 06:12 PM, #4

Florjen (Anonymous)Thu 23-Sep-21 05:21 PM
Charter member
#141902, "The angry turtle sleeps."
In response to Reply #0

A bit of a meta play, role-wise, dealing with my own need to write but difficulties in getting pen to paper. The dangers and consequences of inaction, blah blah, and my tendency to ramble. I can't think of there ever being anything complicated going on behind the scenes. Basically do your part, play the hand you're dealt, find your place, obey the Law.

Had surgery on my arm not long after I was made Provincial, I think, so typing, at times, was a chore. Big time for a few weeks, where typing was actually really painful, but... addiction wins, right? It made for slow responses and even slower PK skills. As a result of that, as well as a tendency to get ahead of myself, I'd regularly leave out words in sentences so started commenting on that, complete with lots of fist shakes to the heavens. A sort of self-deprecation that also said to those I was talking to 'I don't care you make typos.' (Ha. Did it again.)

One role entry came from being plagued in Barovia and not being able to move, eat or drink, for an in-game week. Just sitting there in the keep with like 2 other people on the mud in the middle of the night. That... was less than exciting. Which, maybe in a few few words, was Florjen. Less than exciting

My take, though definitely requiring more from those I was interacting with, was to gauge someone's particular take on things and see how I could either enhance it, resist it or sometimes steer it. I'm sure I failed plenty of times, but I tried. If I annoyed you, I'm sorry. Without regret, I feel I held true to the character that I'd both laid out and the development that came over the course of his life.

Tribs - I hope that I was able to send off enough individual notes (or that any of them actually posted) last night. If yours didn't get to you, trust that it said, at the very least, "Thank you and keep up the good work." For me, the player, I got the most fun out of seeing everyone working together, learning, discussing, etc. So, for what it's worth, I'll put a thumbs up on continuing that sort of stuff. I've never spent as much time talking with other characters and, while it taught me some stuff, I've surely got plenty left to learn.

Though I can't say I enjoy being a trib, I can definitely say I enjoyed all of you. (Even the stinkers.)

Florjen didn't take a hard line dealing with chaotic folk, thinking that sometimes keeping them close might prove an opportunity to keep them in line and even witness to them of Order. Once they'd been wanted enough, however, no dice.

Allies, Enemies and Mustard - 800+ hours naturally comes with a revolving door of those you cross paths with so I'm going to forget a bunch. Enjoyed you all, to various degrees, in varying degrees, whether it was conversation, exploration, fisticuffsification or any combination of the three. Most of my interactions tended to be in the Spire due to the frustrations of carrying on conversations being in and out of different forms.

Teith - I made sure to point out to other magistrates the quality you were bringing as a character and what they could learn from you. The commitment was unmatched only by the frustrations that came from fighting you. It's an understatement that I was thankful I could do anything against the whirlwind of destruction you'd come stomping up with. Could tell you had decided it would be time for you and gave you, I hope, what you'd wanted. Always quality from you.

Moja - Ditto on the above. It was an incredible relief to be able to do anything against your build. Enjoyed your persistence and willingness to go for the laughs.

Grakkor - Loved the commitment to the character. Hated flagging you but felt I had to, then thought of something that might be worse than death for you and largely enjoyed the back and forth. The sort of ally that you still have to watch yourself around.

Llovris - When the angry turtle meets the gaze of a mummy, eye to eye socket, always bet on the turtle. The rash of Empire deaths puzzled me, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Immortals - Didn't seem to cross paths with many, at least that I know of.

Ishuli - Thank you for the opportunity. I tried to emulate a few things I saw or heard from you in an effort to fit the position. When the form came, I figured my time was coming. It was really fun to play with. The angry turtle evolved! Rawr.

Destuvius - I was curious to see if I would have actually fit in as a Destuvian and operated as though I would. I tend to always pick imms that are just about to go dormant.

Terrowin Graymantle (Anonymous)Thu 23-Sep-21 10:56 PM
Charter member
#141905, "RE: The angry turtle sleeps."
In response to Reply #2

It was such an honor to serve with Florjen, first as Magistrates, then when you were a Provincial and finally when you were raised to Provost. I was close to deleting when my con got so low but you always provided so much fun and learning that I couldn't bring myself to do it. Kira was a good Provost, I liked her alot, but I always thought of you as my mentor and you will sorely be missed. I was shocked when I read your goodbye note, I thought you would be around for a couple hundred more hours. Just so you know, I paid my tribute to you buy spending 100g at the gambler. I hope to interact with your next, truly phenomenal!

Draurigon (Anonymous)Fri 24-Sep-21 04:49 AM
Charter member
#141907, "RE: The angry turtle sleeps."
In response to Reply #2

I interacted quite a bit with you as Draurigon and perhaps even more with another char (guess you know which one). Really enjoyed our talks and banter during the quiet european hours when there are about 5 players logged on.

You were rock solid as a provincial. More important to the Spire than anyone knew. And you made an even better provost. Well deserved on the rewards. A pity you did not get them earlier so you could have enjoyed them longer. I remember i prayed for you getting a title at some point.

Anyway...really well done, and good luck with the next one...

Baazu (Anonymous)Fri 24-Sep-21 06:18 AM
Charter member
#141909, "RE: The angry turtle sleeps."
In response to Reply #2

Frustrating little turtle. Will be missed.

Surprised you did not mention anything about the form combo you received. I imagine it was amazing for exploring and for the odd surprise against those that didn't know about the porc.

Good luck with the next.

Florjen (Anonymous)Tue 05-Oct-21 06:36 PM
Charter member
#141969, "Oh right, forms."
In response to Reply #7

I was really happy with them, though I also took the mindset early on that I would take anything I got and find ways to use/like them. Most all really fit my playstyle (I rarely prep) and also unlocked a few bits of RP.

Defense/Util

Porcupine/Cobra
Tortoise
Scorpion (only occasionally used it, mostly for novelty or experiments)
Gazelle (was great for getting around)

I used the tortoise a ton (loved it) and started calling it the angry turtle. Was able to intercept and keep people alive, retract into the shell and tank to help others rank up,

Once I had porcupine I either couldn't use it much because of the staff/stear/polearm foes or wouldn't use it to try and surprise people with it. That worked a couple of times and I think I should have held off a little longer for others. Has its drawbacks, of course, but fun to mess with.

Cobra was really cool. Probably even better in the hands of a decent PK'er. Loved having a regen form for exploring.

Swansong form for longevity in the Spire as I approached age death: Stone Gargoyle. Oh my dear lord this was a breath of fresh air. Completely allowed me to stay in fights for the first time and it felt justifiably unfair, so I'm glad I didn't get to play with it for too long. But the waves of relief I felt when I'd go exploring with it... I can't express how much fun it was. Many thanks to Ishuli again.

I'll have to look at the PBF to remember his edges. Probably would have skipped dragonslayer, but I enjoyed the turtle being a dragonslayer, if only in name.

Really enjoyed sparring with Baazu and swore you should have got me a few times.

WhiysdanMon 04-Oct-21 11:01 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141962, "RE: The angry turtle sleeps."
In response to Reply #2

I liked Florjen. thumbsup!

=w=

a person (Anonymous)Thu 23-Sep-21 01:48 PM
Charter member
#141901, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Florjen Punkindee the Scient..."
In response to Reply #0

lookin back, you had the most solid presence among the spire than most anyone. Also the most ability except maybe kira but myself and kira's interactions were not on the magistrate side.
With the spire there was not exactly many fighters in it, or people that could. Especially with a few mages not being willing to prepare at all for a fight, and a mage that lost all his spells, and the rest not showing up much.
Spire left in a bit of a rough shape on that, but you still trucked to the end and deserved your quest form.

That being said interacting with you by speaking was like pulling hair out of my own head, and there was far, far too many guessing games. It honestly felt like in my last one, like you were so high you no longer had the ability to really speak at all, and that is what I had to go with through you.

As magistrate a+, as presence, and everything else dealing with being a magistrate a+, super great cabal mate of what I hear. But man when it comes to speaking be blunt and be honest. Dont turn a conversation into a guessing game.

Florjen (Anonymous)Thu 23-Sep-21 05:27 PM
Charter member
#141903, "So low, you can't get under it..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm trying to think of what this might be in regards to. While being high wouldn't be a contributor, slow typing and/or being in and out of form might (?) have something to do with it or maybe just a time where me and someone else just didn't see eye to eye.

Tried (though apparently failed) to keep things blunt and honest and appreciated the same coming my way. I did, however, also try to lead some people into realizing they weren't thinking about all the possibilities. Not sure if that applies here so, for what it's worth, sorry it annoyed you. I suppose I could/should log my sessions so I can occasionally go back and see if and when I'm off my rocker, for whatever reason.

a person (Anonymous)Thu 23-Sep-21 06:12 PM
Charter member
#141904, "RE: So low, you can't get under it..."
In response to Reply #3

do not like posting current character names, so will just delete him. The char in question was sebras, and referring to our conversation.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141898 Previous topic | Next topic