Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Mageslayer,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141880
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 17-Sep-21 09:10 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141880, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Mageslayer, Commander of Battle"

Fri Sep 17 21:09:45 2021

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Teithiwr perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:493

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..., Igsoeh, 21-Sep-21 06:25 PM, #4
Reply Rest well Commander, Alendross (Anonymous), 22-Sep-21 04:55 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..., Baazu (Anonymous), 24-Sep-21 06:13 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..., Whiysdan, 19-Sep-21 04:24 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..., Nalasul, 18-Sep-21 10:06 AM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..., Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous), 17-Sep-21 10:16 PM, #1

IgsoehTue 21-Sep-21 06:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141894, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..."
In response to Reply #0

What a fun character. Thanks to everyone that fought, talked to and generally interacted with this one. After Tylluan, I had an inkling that wood-elf berserker could be super strong, as long as you could stay in some high average natural weapons. I also had this really cool (to me) idea for an Ish follower centered around the Ancients. So Teithiwr was born. Short version of the role was he was a wood-elf from the past, so he was closer to the time when the creation of the world was just starting to transition from fact to legend. Also, wood-elves were much closer to Nordewin and their purpose of maintaining balance, which I really tried to portray in my RP. For example, if he would have said prayers before bed time, they would have been to Nordewin, vice Ishuli. He had a nice transition into fully buying into the battlerager ideal, which of course culminated in his becoming Drillmaster and then Commander. I actively tried to avoid leadership at first. I had a chance to be Drillmaster earlier and made sure Mgizu got it. I figured I'd kind of been hogging battle leadership spots a little lately, but then there really wasn't anyone around. I spent a long time rolling solo, with a few bursts of activity at the beginning, middle and end of Teith's leadership run. So I had lots of fun in different ways. Luckily the Spire was full of mages almost the whole time, so there was plenty to do. I did try and lay off the non-mages in Spire as much as possible, but hey, sometimes things just get in the way. Anyhow, bug me in Discord if you got questions or just wanna chat battle or wood-elves or anything. I gotta take a CF break because of some changes at work. My days are gonna be much fuller for a while at least. RL is ####. Go stop by the nerd's library and hopefully there will be some cool stuff to read soon!

IMMS
Ishuli - So great. Hurry up and get a bug-fixing intern so you can do more in character stuff. I enjoyed the times we had as Olethros, but this was a whole other level. I really appreciate the extra things you did to help Teithiwr research his topic and wished we would have had more time to get into some debate style discussions. First tat since I came back so thanks. You're just generally awesome.

Nalasul + Panmorne - Nalasul seemed to lead the way as far as battle leader interactions went this go round, but both characters are so high quality and provide so much awesomeness to the village it's hard to explain. The presence, the commentary. Just thanks. Panmorne, you coming to fight with us that one time was certainly a high point, and it was cool because I was able to connect it later to something that happened in game.

Ergush - Thanks for getting me kick-started with the ancient stuff, I always wanted to come back and talk more with you, but there were almost always mages to kill, items to gather or defend, etc.

Skreenak - Thanks for not smiting me. Was hoping to have some more interactions but my times with your follower didn't match up as much as I thought they might.

Thanks again to all the imms, you all are awesome and I really appreciate everything you all do to keep this game up and running and amazing.

BATTLE
Battle felt like a revolving door of midbies alot of the time, particularly once I got commander. Barring the blaze of glory that was Vyn (which included Kiatta), it was a lot of lonely time. But, the RP was always pretty good, and Teith never had any trouble with anyone being a bad villager or anything, so his leadership run was relatively easy. Will shout out just a few, holler if I forgot someone.

Igathrix & Mgizu - Was a blast when we had that time running together. Mgizu especially it was fun to see the way you played dexy sword spec. Super balls to the wall, I was a big fan.

Baazu - I hope you stick it out, was fun to bump into you every once in a while.

Drimbakka - Dirty gobness, enjoyed your RP and banter, was bummed to see you go.

Vyn & Kia - Was fun when the two of you were around, battle bard makes things interesting, but of course Vyn through CON faster than either Shamanman or I could ever dream to.

Terath - Good luck keeping things going. I hope things work out alright, and don't forget what Teith told you when he made you Drillmaster! Heh.

FRIENDS/ALLIES
Gwen - Had some really great talks, sorry he didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I look forward to reading your works as well. Was cool to have another follower kind of in the same spot timeline wise.

Cal - I don't know that we were ever great friends, and only traveled that time together in the siege camp, but you are playing a very Kasty-esque wood-elf bard, and I really enjoy it. Good luck with whatever you've got cooking.

Alendross - Fun to be on your side and not trying to flurry you to death. Really enjoyed our chats, and REALLY enjoyed being able to berate you about that one thing you didn't know anything about. A truly great character that has added a lot to the game for a long time.

Moja - Always interesting, you had me cracking up a lot of the time.

Delkinen, Amriith - Enjoyed our interactions and talks. It was fun to make you go on a thicken the veil mini-quest Amriith. Delk, I wish we would have gotten more time to discuss more Ancienty stuff, but them's the breaks.

Oudask - Speaking of ancienty stuff, I hope I set you down the path far enough that you can still do some stuff. Don't forget to check the library....

ENEMIES
Kira - Piles of great fights and some great back and forth as well.

Florjen - All your defense is ####. Haha. I think I only got you at hero the one time you died of bleeding in the paladin guild, and no joke we probably could have fought each other until the mud stopped running from non-payment if we wanted to. I had been waiting to condie all week and figured at the Destructor's feet to your new toy was a fitting place. Was nice that I got Celathi on the way out the door, the stealy bastard.

Celathi - Enjoyed our talks about the war quite a bit. Nice job. I'll lump Sillylilo the gnome in here as well, we had some good talks about duty and the war between Trib and Battle.

Terrowin - Glad to see you're learning a few new tricks, really fun to play against someone always willing to give it a go, even when the odds are pretty firmly not in your favor. You've learned a TON from the first fights to the last ones. Keep at it!

Galathaniel - So frustrating because I couldn't get you to fight, then the thing happened and it was gonna be even less of a fight so I wouldn't try unless I saw you on where just standing around. Good luck with whatever comes.

Salz, Sassa, Tailendar, Draurigon, Maolmoth, Zame and all the other various shifters - good times, thanks for the fights, even though most of the time I had the advantage matchup-wise.

Chrournskel - Special call-out because I was NOT aware of what your other form was and then I completely underestimated you and then resist fell. It was ugly. Wish we could have had more.

Euric - Another insanely tough nut to crack, not sure I ever pinned you down, though I missed a bash on you once that would have 100% been your end.

Odaza - Really tough once you got rolling and I lost the eagle-marked staff. Definitely had some fun ones, and I really was hoping to give a better show there at the end, but you were just way too well prepped.

Llovris - Not even close to a fight I think every time we did fight. Most of the time was Teith without the head, so.... Yeah. Was hoping to do a bit better after Tjur had a few really solid showings against you, but it was not to be.

Ahinu - Tough SOB, and assassin is really the rock to a wood-elf warrior's scissors, big time.

Rest of Empire - We had some good ones, I did mostly well against the warriors but Hoisshyr and Zelvira gave me some fits, Vanpeera I was lucky none of your flurries fully hit me. Gleazer I enjoyed the bit of interactions we had, would have been nice to flesh out some Ish stuff.

Miraja and Narzas - It was probably good you both left, cause Teith would have condied a lot sooner if you had stuck around.

Ibinu and Viz - Had some good ones, but play times didn't match up enough to get anything too crazy going.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, just bug me on Discord. It was all really great. Thanks again.

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Jeir Govanion
Kale Jast
Kyrilos Divumarchos
Zaahir al-Salil
Isidoros Ironwing
Odrallag Ashhorn
Amahrohtar Hleowloran
Olethros Oleuni
Graevnik Uor'Luja
Tylluan
Tjur Odjurskung and now
Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol

Alendross (Anonymous)Wed 22-Sep-21 04:55 PM
Charter member
#141896, "Rest well Commander"
In response to Reply #4

Truly a great hunter. She has fed well this day. I always looked forward to our chats and to seeing you in your hunt. I will miss your mocking tone when next someone asks me about the elves, ha! GLWYN.

Baazu (Anonymous)Fri 24-Sep-21 06:13 AM
Charter member
#141908, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..."
In response to Reply #4

Meh, as soon I get a taste of some company, off they go and turn into dust.

The little interaction we had was always a pleasure. Appreciated your missives.

Good luck with your next.

WhiysdanSun 19-Sep-21 04:24 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#141885, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..."
In response to Reply #0

Really dug everything I saw from this character. Top notch. Very well done.

=w=

NalasulSat 18-Sep-21 10:06 AM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
243 posts
#141883, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..."
In response to Reply #0

Posting this here as well for posterity. I thought Teithiwr was superb, both as a rager and as a rager leader. The best thing about him was that not only would he mix it up PK wise, he'd also sit down at the Inn and discuss philosophical stuff with whomever was around. Granted, you were probably doing that because there were no mages around to hunt, but still.

Delkinen Windsinger (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-21 10:16 PM
Charter member
#141882, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teithiwr Yr'hnyfaol the Magesla..."
In response to Reply #0

I really really enjoyed Teithiwr. You were always willing to throw down and yet at the same time, you were always willing to sit and talk. You were a part of some of my growth in my religion and I really want to thank you for that. Good job and good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141880 Previous topic | Next topic