Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Grakkor The Prideful, Imperial Shado..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141872
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 16-Sep-21 07:10 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141872, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Grakkor The Prideful, Imperial Shadow Lord"

Thu Sep 16 19:06:25 2021

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Grakkor perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:370

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Grakkor (Anonymous)Thu 16-Sep-21 07:57 PM
Charter member
#141873, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Grakkor The Prideful, Imperial S..."
In response to Reply #0

Firstly thank to everyone who helped make this char and game fun. Grakkor was a whole bunch of firsts for me and I had a blast.

Secondly, sorry to anyone who felt griefed or frustrated with me. It wasn't my intent but I could definitely see it based on the way the character played.

I rolled Grakkor with the intent to play something other than a Villager but of course I'm such a sucker I had to start there anyway. He was an Imperial spy infilrating the Village and those early days were some of the most fun times. Luring allies who trusted me into their death was brutal and very fun. Thank you to the Village IMMs for not outing me and letting me play out the role.

I was full binder and trapper to burst, which is a very nasty combo. It has the potential to literally kill anyone without even entering combat and I did achieve this a few times. This was a large part of Grakkor's pride, he saw "combat" as beneath him and prefer others to do his dirty work.

The downside is setting up these perfect 'traps' takes a lot time, both gathering coin/ingredients and setting them. Even then there's a very, very high chance to fail. It is extremely satisfying when it comes off but otherwise the playstyle can be pretty slow and boring, hence this delete.

Immortals:

Morius - thank you for the interaction, tattoo and general support. After playing Veldren and briefly experiencing your Church I knew I had to play a follower.

Whiysdan - I loved our banter and random cranials. Your escalation of the Grakkor's Herald hate created an opportunity for lots of fun interactions

Allies:

Ahinu - You were the one Imperial I actually trusted, unfortunately you were the one I wanted to oust. In the end I figured my best attempt to get Emperor would be getting you to follow through with my plan and then you hopefully age die leaving me the last man standing. Very deadly in cage match and I enjoyed setting up your cages.

Llorvis - Grakkor did not trust you, though he loved the praise in the end. You were always his biggest threat to the Throne and I was actually surprised you didn't anth me once you took it. I like that you take a harder Imperial approach to laws and enemies.

Vanpeera - Grakkor didn't like you, ever since the early days when you tried to turn Leviin against him. Otherwise as a player I thought you were great and I genuinely felt for you when you ate some pretty ####ty deaths.

Kira - My favourite customer, I loved binding up victims for you to come and collect their soul. Our early interactions when I was in the Village were great too, would have been interesting to see how our relationship evolved when I was (WANTED)

Enemies:

Teith - you're flying the banner during a pretty rough time. I've been there and know the pain, keep it up. I enjoyed our chats and tried to go easy on you PK wise (as trappers are just nasty), even breaking role to return stolen items at times.

Amriith - you copped it pretty bad and I felt for you at times. Though you got very, very good at not dying. Short of a gank I don't think I was every going to kill you, you probably came closest to killing me too on several occasions. Sometimes it was pure luck that I actually got away.

Thamuuk - that one time at the Vanquisher has to be the nastiest and most brutal tactic I've ever seen pulled in this game. I fkn loved it.

Calith - sorry about the sewers debarcle, all you had to do was apologise and I'd have let you go but you pride wouldn't let you and Grakkor loved that too

Frienemies:

Florjen - I suppose you're mostly an ally, though perhaps not in the end. You were also an amazing customer (although truthfully you were more a generous one than a paying one). We had an interesting relationship as Grakkor wanted to milk that generousity but if he ever became Emperor it would have 100% been war.

Gwen - I truely enjoyed our love / hate relationship, though in the end it was defintely all hate. I tried to portray myself as a reasonable, not overtly evil character that you could interact with. I liked that you gave me a chance (although I'm sure you knew you shouldn't) which led for the most part to an amicable relationship. Thank you for my suit, it truly was the best in the lands.

Euric - thank you for my painting, I meant it both IC and OOC when I said it was very, very well written (drawn?)

I know I'm definitely missing people, feel free to respond and please don't be offended (I'm writing this in a bit of a rush).

Calithildir (Anonymous)Thu 16-Sep-21 09:40 PM
Charter member
#141874, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Grakkor The Prideful, Imperial S..."
In response to Reply #1

Thane, oh how will I miss to hate you! I always like having RP conflicts and rivalries, the game is boring without those, and Grakkor was great for that. I was looking forward to nurturing that grievance for a long time to come, but when a char is done he is done. You definitely made an impression on everyone around.

I have never played a binder/trapper thief, but I have to put it out there: Chain garroting/binding someone for over twenty minutes is not fun. I think I'd rather take a full looting, multikilling gank squad over that. Thankfully you did that only once and as a player I am grateful for that, but I could have done even without the first one. It is just one of those things that kills the willingness to play the game.

Now, with the moaning out of the way, I still would say great job on the char! Bring about another one!

Euric (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-21 11:05 AM
Charter member
#141877, "Exceptionally well done!"
In response to Reply #1

I fulfilled my duty to the Inn to hate you (as you were both banned and kept harassing our dear friend Gwen) but secretly admired you as Thera's greatest Villain. You were despicable, evil, gory and, irresistibly charming:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Glancing at this painting you are fully drawn by its center, depicting an ashen dot of the pitchest of black. Its devoidness of light is mezmerizing, making the eyes cross as they focus on the dot. Upon blinking for what seems like an eternity, an observer can see, still in the center of the painting, a figure of a well-dressed and presented duergar, and the proud owner of said dot. Jet-black hair has been elegantly braided into the latest Galadonian fashion, matched perfectly with his neatly trimmed beard. His clothing has been kept in immaculate condition: cleanly pressed, not a speck of dirt and all buttons and buckles polished to a bright shine. Even the polish on his shoes twinkle like the night sky.

The original disorientation experienced by looking at the dot, is quickly relieved by the pleasant sight of the otherwise typically unpleasant duergars.

This relief is fleeeting however, as the eyes slide down to see said duergar planting his foot over a bloodied body of dying drow child. The child is clearly still alive, but not for long as the protruding spikes, caltraps, and in some cases flickering flames eat away at whatever little is left.

Raising your eyes back to the dot and its wearer, you cannot help but notice a faint smile of exquisite pleasure on duergar's lips. You shudder as you feel that the duergar may be winking at you.

Expensive darkwood frames this painting. A shiny brass plaque positioned at the bottom reads - "The Villain, by Euric".

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141872 Previous topic | Next topic