Subject: "(DEL) Kavuul the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14177
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 11-Jan-03 08:34 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14177, "(DEL) Kavuul the Weaponsmaster"

Sat Jan 11 20:33:07 2003

2 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Kavuul perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:161
PK Ratio:15% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply First off.., Kavuul (Guest), 11-Jan-03 08:57 PM, #1
     Reply DOH!, Melkorath (Guest), 11-Jan-03 09:26 PM, #2
     Reply Thanks man, Kavuul (Guest), 11-Jan-03 09:35 PM, #3
          Reply I loged that fight, I can post it if you want :) n/t, melkorath (Guest), 11-Jan-03 09:48 PM, #4
     Reply RE: First off.., Gholrhun (Guest), 11-Jan-03 09:50 PM, #5
     Reply No mention. But thats okay., Gre (Guest), 11-Jan-03 09:50 PM, #6
     Reply RE: First off.., Darmok, 11-Jan-03 10:03 PM, #7
     Reply RE: First off.., Aginal (Guest), 12-Jan-03 12:52 AM, #8
     Reply Yeah, Kavuul (Guest), 12-Jan-03 12:57 AM, #9
     Reply RE: First off.., Old Rager (Guest), 12-Jan-03 02:57 PM, #10
     Reply To the Defense of Grogim, Guenrayn (Guest), 12-Jan-03 11:55 PM, #11
          Reply Yeah but, Kavuul (Guest), 13-Jan-03 02:44 AM, #12
               Reply Ok, Grogim (Guest), 13-Jan-03 10:08 AM, #13

Kavuul (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 08:57 PM

#14178, "First off.."
In response to Reply #0

I am real real surprised that my pk ratio was that high.

I started Kavuul after over a year off from playing CF so I forgot a lot of things and had to relearn a lot.

Kavuul was my first warrior over level 35, my first villager ever, my first felar, etc etc.

I deleted with a full suit of shnazzy stuff so it's not like this was a rage delete or anything I just got kinda bored. I actually had the most fun in battle when the village was struggling for a bit and the scions were super powerful. My legacies were Ward of Blades and Striking the Shadows Footfall.

Goodbyes...

Scion:

I never really got a chance to talk to any of you.

Anith I think was the only one who went out of her way to say anything, but our conversations never lasted past a few sentences.

Aginal: Damn you are a beast. I think I saw you die once and that was only when you attacked three of us on a mountain, and I ended up dying anyways from damned immolation.

Maran/Dawn: Never talked to any of you unless it was about who had the scepter.

Sylvan: Sassmi, I dont think I ever saw you face to face, EVER. We talked a lot, but again mostly about the scepter.

Warlocks:

Caysh: Man that battle where we all died to you in the tower was quite embarassing. It could have been avoided..but oh well I am not gonna be bitter about it.

Battle:

Gholrhun: Learned a boatload from you, thanks for showing me all you did.

Sayangu: See Gholrhun. I spent most of my time with you it seemed.

Sabiene: You have just as much heart as anyone in the village, and your role is quite interesting.

Grogrim: Seriously man, delete or hand it over. I saw you TWICE. Once when you inducted me and once when you lost link in the underdark.

Drahk: You are an ass. I dont know if it is your role or not, if it is good job. You run your mouth more than Oprah.

Darmok: Seek Drahk.

Kulmortuk: Gotta give props to someone who waited as long as I did to get into the village.

As I said before this is my first villager. And before I got in I expected to see a lot of crazed courage when it came to raiding and defending. But to be honest, I have seen more courage in other cabals when it came to heartstopping situations.
There were a few who werent afraid to die to do certain things. But for christsake I have never heard so much bitching about not being able to raid because you werent fully clothed in my entire CF experience.

Oh well back to playing a class I am actually good at.

Kavuul

aka Phaistus/Daishan/Jekeb <----- healers baby

Melkorath (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 09:26 PM

#14188, "DOH!"
In response to Reply #1

Really wanted to know how that second legacy went. I spent some time leveling with you and you were one of the better villagers around. Ill normally raid with two swords and a glowing item. But dam its getting hard to get a glowing item that isnt magical. felar spear/pole wielders are walways nasty cause they get twice the normal attacks, dam nifty claws. All the grovy felar only eq is also dam nice, but I also understand totaly why you deleted. Im gonna be making a mage just to go explore all the new areas that have been added since I last played here. Hope your next character is lots of fun.

Kavuul (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 09:35 PM

#14189, "Thanks man"
In response to Reply #2

I forgot to mention you.

I still remember how you won that certain fight against that certain someone in the pit. Loved every minute of it.

About striking the shadows footfall. It's one of those legacies where you are never sure if it is working or not. It does give indications that you are but either way it was a fun legacy to have. You have to do a lot of expermentation with it to see what exactly happens, but I picked it when Gholrhun mentioned that it would probably be nice with ward of blades. You know keep yourself alive as long as possible so that striking kicks in. Wasnt a bad choice.

melkorath (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 09:48 PM

#14190, "I loged that fight, I can post it if you want :) n/t"
In response to Reply #3

nt.

Gholrhun (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 09:50 PM

#14187, "RE: First off.."
In response to Reply #1

I could tell you were rather new to the village. But I still liked your heart and effort, at least what I saw of it. I liked you.
War on.

Gre (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 09:50 PM

#14186, "No mention. But thats okay."
In response to Reply #1

Good luck there buddy and hope you enjoyed the up and down life of a village warrior. Where you go from walking with impunity on eastern to cowering in a hiding spot hoping one of the 14 enemies in your pk don't find you. Take care.

DarmokSat 11-Jan-03 10:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14185, "RE: First off.."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry you felt that way. I thought you were a perfectly fine villager.

Hope you have fun with your next.

Aginal (Guest)Sun 12-Jan-03 12:52 AM

#14183, "RE: First off.."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry you died so much, really just weren't the type to fight an invoker...didn't seem to bane enough. I think when I die I'm going to have to take a poll of everyone that has died to my immolation. Number of people rather than number of times, because I would have to say there's been three or four dozen corpses in the village shrine that were all crispy. Kinda fun. Sorry for that thing in Mortorn too when you were with Gholrhun...just had to wait for you to regain you link.

Kavuul (Guest)Sun 12-Jan-03 12:57 AM

#14184, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #8

I didnt mean to lose link, but I did and it didnt matter anyways you smoked me while Gholrhun was still frozen. That damned healer shoulda been hunted!

Old Rager (Guest)Sun 12-Jan-03 02:57 PM

#14182, "RE: First off.."
In response to Reply #1

>As I said before this is my first villager. And before I
>got in I expected to see a lot of crazed courage when it
>came to raiding and defending. But to be honest, I have
>seen more courage in other cabals when it came to
>heartstopping situations.

Some of the villagers are pretty gutsy. Others leave a lot to be desired, from what limited things I've seen at least. I know how the view of people from outside the village is a lot different than the truth at times, so I usually hold off on this criticism. It's sad to hear it coming from someone within the village though.

>There were a few who werent afraid to die to do certain
>things. But for christsake I have never heard so much
>bitching about not being able to raid because you werent
>fully clothed in my entire CF experience.

What I have to wonder is how much fun playing while you've almost always got the numbers advantage is. Where's the challenge? When I played my rager leader we were always outgunned and the underdogs, but now, eh, I'd rather go play some cabal that actually has tough enemies, like Scion or Nexus maybe even Warlock. But that's me.

Guenrayn (Guest)Sun 12-Jan-03 11:55 PM

#14179, "To the Defense of Grogim"
In response to Reply #1

Well, lets see. I'm sorry it took you awhile to get in. I'm sure you were a descent rager, though I didn't really know you. However, in Grogim's defense, should a player who has to play at a different time be looked over every time leadership is up for grabs? Especially when that rager is a committed one, who just can't be around when others are at times. He is a find commander, and i do understand your view, but all people should get the opportunity for something like this.

Aaron

Kavuul (Guest)Mon 13-Jan-03 02:44 AM

#14180, "Yeah but"
In response to Reply #11

I am sure the rites were held at prime playing time no?

This is what kinda frustrated me...

There were a boatload of applicants
many of which I thought were so so.

But Grogrim has the deal where a level
40+ villager can vouch for you to let you in.

But how can Grogrim judge the character of
the applicants if he isnt even their to judge
the character of the sponsors?

Get it?

Towards the end I felt the village was accepting A LOT
of dead wood.

Grogim (Guest)Mon 13-Jan-03 10:08 AM

#14181, "Ok"
In response to Reply #12

Well lets see, my IC age is now old which does not happen on its own. Its unfortunate for you that we did not cross paths much and the only time I recall seeing you around post-induction. You and Gholrhun got yourselves destroyed by Aginal/kambolik even after I warned you to get out of the depths of mortorn as they chased you after running from me. I never saw Bryvac unless I stayed up till almost 4am which was fine when I was moving home and not working but I not now. I was Imm inducted because I remained true and fought as a villager when many lost hope. I got inducted and I never saw Bryvac again untill the rites of war but did I cry or whine about it?! Nope. I just got on with being a villager and doing as a villager does. I am sorry that the world is round and therefore we have such varied timezones but in asnwer to the sponsor's worth of those I meet rarely? Well, if you did not get inducted by me then you got inducted by one of the battle Imms who are more than capable and who's judgement I CAN rely on. So when one of their inductees sponsors another I can trust that sponsorship. If the sponsor is bad then I have no problem with booting them and I know the Immortals would do the same. Drahk is my harsh left hand and Guenrayn, when alive, was my more forgiving right hand. Chosen for their abilities and their tempraments. As is darmok. Nothing like a meticulous elf for a drillmaster. Sorry we could not have interacted more and if you had a problem with people showing less courage than required in raids, then you either show by example or report them to an officer or myself. This should have been handled IC and I dont like having to defend such things OOC so I will leave it at this.

Grogim Gildenarm

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14177 Previous topic | Next topic