Subject: "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmonger ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141681
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 29-Jul-21 12:25 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141681, "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmonger of Order, Imperial War Master"

Thu Jul 29 12:20:11 2021

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Hoisshyr perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:407

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Hoisshyr (Anonymous), 29-Jul-21 12:54 PM, #1
     Reply Rest well WarMaster, Alendross (Anonymous), 29-Jul-21 03:06 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Williad (Anonymous), 29-Jul-21 06:14 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Hoisshyr (Anonymous), 29-Jul-21 07:26 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Rathgar (Anonymous), 29-Jul-21 07:48 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Delkinen (Anonymous), 30-Jul-21 08:39 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Hoisshyr (Anonymous), 30-Jul-21 09:48 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Whiysdan, 30-Jul-21 11:35 AM, #8
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Hoisshyr (Anonymous), 30-Jul-21 03:01 PM, #9
               Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..., Whiysdan, 30-Jul-21 05:20 PM, #10

Hoisshyr (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jul-21 12:54 PM
Charter member
#141682, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #0

Goodbyes
I thought of this name as a whispered “oh, sure” so knowing my short name was Hois with a hard H cracks me up.

First Imperial. The idea of Fires of Adversity along with Imperial Offensive Stance appealed to me in my ignorance. Felar spear/hand seems a little on the nose, but I fully expected to have a short go of it. I was vaguely aware that Empire was full of action all day every day..I had just gotten off a stint with my first outlander when things escalated with Hoisshyr. Initially, I tossed care to the wind and when things went sideways, they went sideways. Pick yourself up, and try again. I showed up on the scene just as Quenfez got anathema’d and then shortly after he was reinstated.
From that point, Rathgar invested a bit of time on me and even positioned me to be part of an upcoming power grab. It came to naught, and shortly after that Dhutharlig deleted. Upon reaching hero, I quickly discovered that the Tree bristled, that Thamuuk and Maog had my number, and that if I was interested in a fight, it was coming to my front door. Fast forward, and I often find myself a felar alone and constantly harried, pressed, and deaded. I appreciate the encouragement I received, and for the most part, the interactions were classy by my foes. Side note, it was Imperial Defense where I found I had the best chance at winning a fight.

Dutharlig - I found you when I was a wee cub, and handed over all the gold I had to buy some good will into becoming a blood oath. You went above and beyond to help a nubcake out, and have a friend for life here. The toxicity in other games when at the beginning of the learning curve makes it to where I don’t enjoy trying to learn something new but you helped me tremendously. I hope your chars in Thera are all successful and enjoyable.

Immortals - I greatly appreciate the interactions. I am sad I didn’t get to see whatever Dest had planned for the fave char contest, but I appreciated everything that was given as encouragement in the fields. You guys are doing the community a service with maintaining the IP and making it better. Thanks.

Rathgar - Pretty disappointed we didn’t get to position ourselves for that power play and the blood reckoning. I would have pursued the sphere line a little harder if I had had you around. It fizzled when you were gone. I appreciated the chance to run around with you.

Zigglebert - I had quite a few allies throughout my time, but you were a true friend and great encouragement every time I saw the High Herald on. We were younglings together, and it was some of my fonder times running around the lands. I experienced a great deal of frustration and defeat but when you have a friend like Bert, things never seem quite so bad as they could have.

Williad - Lots of helpful pointers, and getting to watch you work was impressive. Wish you would have turned that killer instinct on the Captain of the Brigade more. There were plenty of logins when Thamuuk was griefing me and then you would log in and I was thinking “WOO! Get Wrekt you dumb dorf!” and there would be zero fighting with Thamuuk. You would log, and he would be trouncing the vanquisher once again like there was no interruption.

Ahinu - I greatly appreciated the promotion to War Master. I will pretend like I earned it and that it wasn’t just because I was the last Blade standing. I enjoyed each and every time we traveled together, and also greatly appreciated the sharing of knowledge. If I hadn’t been promoted I doubt I would have stuck it out on the character due to the frustrations. After the promotion, I was cursed with Glorious Purpose.

Alendross - The most famous outlander. You were ALWAYS ready to mix it up even if the odds weren’t in your favor. You are an incredible presence for Outlanders everywhere. I appreciated the courtesy you afforded me even as I was beset up with wasps and insects and beasts. Cheers to you, sir.

Delkinen - The times you caught me in the underdark and coming out of the underdark were some of the best ambushes I’d ever experienced. Here I am, just happy as a clam, and then it’s snares and beasts and ambushes aplenty. You are a class act, and you worked the talismans like a boss.

Mojabosombo - Sky Cloudy was the insurmountable obstacle. I nearly had your number recently and was just a pugil away, but therein lies an unexpected failing. Pugils wouldn’t go through..Misdirects often missed..and I failed in battle more from getting bopped from failed impales on you than nearly any other thing it felt like. Towards the end I wouldn’t even try to impale, despite being either super light or super heavy, flying, accelerated..you name it, I tried it. With that being said, I learned more from you about fighting than nearly any one single character, and it was when you started trying to recruit me that things took a fascinating turn. Thanks for some of the most memorable fights and good times.

Vaneiros - Fought a lot of folks. None of them killed me as fast or as surely as this knifey stsf elf. All the attacks were well-timed and well executed. Cheers!

Narzas - I appreciated the recruiting effort on your end, and enjoyed the heck out of how you played your guy. I was sad to see you go, despite spending hundreds of gold on returns and teleportations because I thought you might be stalking me in the palace. When you snuck in and iced me in the throne room, I had witnessed the sneaking masterpiece. Cheers.

Miraja - Sure didn’t care for your condescending attitude concerning shove and your conjurations. “Hurdy dur, you could have easily won.” Oh..yeah..I never thought about trying to shove things into you. You were an army and a half. Doubt you’ll read this, but you and Narzas were a HECK of a pair to deal with.

Vizgrathol - Stellar and scary.

Interacted with a lot of folks, and had some enjoyable times. Thanks, guys.

Alendross (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jul-21 03:06 PM
Charter member
#141684, "Rest well WarMaster"
In response to Reply #1

Your dedication was a thing to behold. You never faltered and seemed to constantly push on no matter how many times you were outnumbered, which was almost always when I was seeing you hunt. We had a few good scuffles but the one I remember most was when you killed me in frigid wastes. I was determined so rushed into the civilized area and overstayed my welcome. Good hunting. Thar-Eris was fed a great enemy today. GLWYN

Williad (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jul-21 06:14 PM
Charter member
#141685, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #1

Good work on your first Empire. I respect that you went all in and was not deterred by dying. This results in a faster learning curve. You will start your 2nd empire at a much higher level than your first.
Sorry if Williad did not always include you in raids. My char was a bit of a poison chalice, in that enemies would always target me last, so whoever I brought would take the full force of the defence. There was also a few invokers during your elite period and your char was very vulnerable to them.

Williad never backed down from a fight with Tham, but I stopped being relentless in hunting him because he would just stun me after the entwine and so I wasted preps for the effort. And I had to prep, because one time I didn’t and he killed me. I beat him up over 10 times and killed him only twice overall. Similarly, with some of the invokers, after awhile I stopped chasing them as hard, because they always had abs+shields and while I usually still won the fight, I was never killing them as they had too much control in those 1v1 fights.

Hoisshyr (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jul-21 07:26 PM
Charter member
#141686, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #3

You know, that isn't something I even considered. Which is stupid of me, because the tail end of my life was full of pulling the exact same crap on him. I saw your raw murder power, and never got a chance to see you and him fight directly, but after one battle, I would have understood lol. You were super cool, and I appreciated all the chances to run around with you. We saw the Ancient White Dragon, the Black dragon, we got the coin, we fought the dracolich...running around with you was a highlight for me, and I thought you were great. Thanks for the good times, dude.

Rathgar (Anonymous)Thu 29-Jul-21 07:48 PM
Charter member
#141687, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #1

You were great and I was inspired by your longevity checking in across the months since I bailed. Nice going.

Delkinen (Anonymous)Fri 30-Jul-21 08:39 AM
Charter member
#141689, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #1

You were probably my absolute favorite enemy over Delkinen's time. As Alendross stated in his reply, you were never willing to back down and it was true I had your number for the first bit of your life. I would try not to kill you when you would come to the Huntress four or five deaths in a row and really tried to get you to run off and you never would but you were always cordial in talking to me after. As you might have noticed, this made me make sure that anytime I did happen to find you and get you, I never took anything, even coins, because you were just such a class act. Maybe a bit anti-Outlander of me, but Delkinen is a merciful type of guy. You started to have my number more later when you really figured out your character and understood what you could do and what you couldn't do against me. The back and forth we had in the dwarf area was great as neither one of us seemed like we had a real shot at the other. I'll miss your being around and always be willing to throw down and talk after, again, class act all the way.

Good luck with your next.

Hoisshyr (Anonymous)Fri 30-Jul-21 09:48 AM
Charter member
#141690, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #6

Huzzah!

WhiysdanFri 30-Jul-21 11:35 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141691, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #1

Really enjoyed what I saw from this character. Great stick-to-it-ness, despite some really rough odds a lot of the time.

=w=

Hoisshyr (Anonymous)Fri 30-Jul-21 03:01 PM
Charter member
#141693, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #8

Thanks!! I was tempted to find you when you were viz to pay my respects...but I spent a lot of time whomping things in upper cragstone so I didn't risk it. lol

WhiysdanFri 30-Jul-21 05:20 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#141695, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Hoisshyr the Redoubtable Warmon..."
In response to Reply #9

Yup, good idea not to approach me in character. Whiysdan and Hoisshyr wouldn't have gotten along, but that still doesn't mean that I didn't think you were a well played character.

thumbsup!

Looking forward to what you decide to do next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141681 Previous topic | Next topic