Subject: "(DEL) Uelethiel the Priestess of Healing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14167
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 10-Jan-03 11:10 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14167, "(DEL) Uelethiel the Priestess of Healing"

Fri Jan 10 23:09:28 2003

5 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Heat on the Theran calendar Uelethiel perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:75
PK Ratio:0% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply God am I stubborn., Uelethiel (Guest), 11-Jan-03 12:05 AM, #1
     Reply Crazy crazy, Uncle Bob, 11-Jan-03 11:04 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Crazy crazy, Uelethiel (Guest), 16-Jan-03 11:33 AM, #5
     Reply RE: God am I stubborn., Intronan, 13-Jan-03 11:06 AM, #3
     Reply RE: God am I stubborn., Iomyndor (Guest), 14-Jan-03 11:27 PM, #4
     Reply RE: God am I stubborn., delata/glorhum (Guest), 17-Jan-03 05:18 PM, #6

Uelethiel (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 12:05 AM

#14168, "God am I stubborn."
In response to Reply #0

Took me 75 hours and 42 levels to realize I was damned bored with the healer class. And after Sabrian got me due to my horrible dial-up, it really was just time to call it quits.

Don't have much to blame but myself. I wanted to thank the imm who played the possessed child wholeheartedly for my quick, and cool empowerment. (and as usual briefly hoped they'd fess up.) It's really too bad that I'm not the type to make anything special out of that unique take on being a healer. And there was nobody who grouped with me that pissed me off so badly that I wanted to sabotage and watch die really. Heck, I did the nutty thing and wore gear only to fit the appearance of the character. Never stopped whether someone took notice or not. It was fun in it's own wierd and useless way. Sorry if I didn't entertain any imms who glanced over my shoulder once or twice, I really did pray only to the sphere to get a feel for the class and I honestly think it's as boring as when I first looked at it. A competent healer is something that every group appreciates, and I used as many aliases as I do for typical PK, so it worked very well. But I just saw too many people and then far too many times it went off in my head, "You're a healer, dumbass. Don't try anything stupid like thinking you can kill someone. You're not Nepenthe." when I looked at someone that I really thought needed to die and in most cases would have been able to accomplish it in some way. (I still regret never having met one of his morts and seeing why people say he could kill someone using only a practice weapon and nothing else.)

Being a human evil healer was fun. I like to think that the reason I did not get attacked nearly as often as all my other characters had, was that nobody wanted to piss off a potential ally in a healer. Sometimes lowbies or heroes would ask me for healing, and I'd extort copper. Between that and ranking I had about 20k in the bank. Not much, but it was fun to know I extorted it because healing them involved no deaths to watch.

Sabrian's bindings taught me that there's very little to nothing a thief can do to halt a communer from getting away alone if they're flying... only bind their hands and blindfold them and hope that they don't go far when they word or teleport. And I had to get whoever talked to me next to unbind me... So he did leave me incapacitated, at the same time alone he couldn't exactly hold me in place to do anything to me.

Jhaelryna was, IMHO exactly how a drow should act, even if she had no memory of her heritage. Very cool to be around and it was never boring. Deehuryndeeh introduced some interesting concepts in the brief times we met. Too bad she couldn't be around more often. Sazia and Jramur had some cool hunter-hunted ideas about the world, and ironically were more interesting to interact with apart from one another. Sucerian was withdrawn from what I saw, and didn't have much reason to show it. I never had reason to prod. Really would have liked to know more about Aginal, but the oppritunity never presented itself beyond one chasm defense against a rather overwhelming but separated force. Iomyndor was just an absolute hailrious guy to try and manipulate. It was like trying to sneak around one another and both in plain sight, we both tried it at the same time on one another. Airael might have been neat to chat a little more with, and Lynnette assuming she was interested.

So anyway, if someone had any nutty thoughts glancing over my shoulder, mortal or imm, feel free to say so. Also if you had opinions about how I should have played a healer those are welcome too, though I'd just as soon not revisit the class.

Uncle BobSat 11-Jan-03 11:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14172, "Crazy crazy"
In response to Reply #1

So here I am, sipping my hemlock Long Island Tea, and I read your post. Having recently played a goofy healer, I'll say only this.

Any healer who plays to kill is probably under a wrong theory. Granted, although my own pk ratio was near Godly, I never played a healer thinking, "I'm gonna whup some ass!"

A healer, to me, is largely a role play class. One of my thoughts was, "If I could be leaders of a bloodthirsty evil cabal, as a HEALER, how cool would that be?!?"

And it worked out. CF is AWESOME in that it confirms one of my theories, namely, one does not need to be a great pker to have some sway in CF. Hell, look at Gwimdorf and myself (Trajeona) we both led two of the most arguably powerful forces in cf.

So, in short, Healers are unbeatable at a number of things. Pk? Prolly not. RP? Prolly. Support? Undoubtedly.

One healer can turn around a cabal war...

I'll leave it at that, friend. I think you were on the right track, but you left too early.

Trajeona was the one and only healer I played, but I'll always have a healthy respect for those who pursue that class. It's not easy, it's not always fun, but it can easily be the most rewarding.

Now, back to my turpentine and coke.

Good luck with the next.

"If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor. "

Uelethiel (Guest)Thu 16-Jan-03 11:33 AM

#14173, "RE: Crazy crazy"
In response to Reply #2

>but I'll always have a healthy respect for those who pursue that >class. It's not easy, it's not always fun, but it can easily be the >most rewarding.

Had to think on this for a few days before replying. I've rarely been playing since I deleted and it's a bit unlikely I'll be back in any form soon despite requests to do so from my rather few living IC comrades. But I'm replying because I like your rhetoric and sense of humor.

I didn't roll it to kill anyone directly, honestly. But then, the fact that I could not be doing anything I would normally be doing with a sturdy warrior coupled with my initial disenchantment with the mud from the start, made for very boring, torturous sessions. I'll not go into the latter too much save to say that it's not the MUD's fault in any way overall. If you want to discuss it further, you can e-mail pathwriter@excite.com.

No, I made alot of blunders to make it boring for me. One was picking this class in the first place, knowing I hate support roles, though I'm smart enough to do much better with it than a 3-month newbie. Second was adamantly refusing to join any cabal (read, most likely Scion and Herald) and not seeing any possible way to change my role in those directions. The character was an extortionist in her spare time and would have helped any cabal willing to ask her for help for the right price if nobody was going to die. I also didn't seek RP oppritunities as much as I might have, to flesh out the relationships between her allies and what few she actually considered friends. Either that or they didn't exist, but it was most likely the former.

I figure can get as much of an enjoyable roleplaying experience without playing a healer. It's too boring for my playstyle especially with no way to retaliate against people whatsoever, everyone powerful enough to help me that I might have manipulated were too busy with more important matters. The rest that would have been more than willing to help me were too low a rank and it was too dangerous to help them hero. I imagine you have to be a pretty static person not to really get annoyed with an attack and keep playing a healer when you can't retaliate.

In essence, I probably did bore myself by playing it with the wrong playstyle, role, keeping to herself (as much as a proper evil in her situation should) and no cabal to boot. But I hold as much of an opinion of disgust toward the class itself as I ever did before playing one and digging in. I'm making it a point not to touch it ever again if playing in general sparks my interest soon. (I have a pre-10 character rolled up and running around for a half hour here and there but it's a pretty bad case of disenchantment and disappointment when you don't have the attention span to rank through 11 nor finish any of the numerous lowbie quests.) I never do like empowerment classes overall in practice anyway. I just occasionally thank Intronan mentally and profusely for empowering me quickly, and tack on to that "And never will I touch a healer again."

Rewarding. Yeah. Heh. I blame myself fully for it being boring and drab, nobody and nothing else. Doesn't fit me at all. But once again I appreciate people's opinion and musings.

IntronanMon 13-Jan-03 11:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
25 posts
#14171, "RE: God am I stubborn."
In response to Reply #1

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

Iomyndor (Guest)Tue 14-Jan-03 11:27 PM

#14170, "RE: God am I stubborn."
In response to Reply #1

Well played indeed. I liked your character alot. I was never really trying to manipulate you, I'm just a bit of a womanizer. All part of being evil. *wink* Definetly had fun with you though, good roleplay and all, kind of wished you would have been around more. Anyways, good work, and hope to see you around some more.

delata/glorhum (Guest)Fri 17-Jan-03 05:18 PM

#14169, "RE: God am I stubborn."
In response to Reply #1

hehe Kilt sabrian and kilt with ule Kinda funny kinda ironic kinda cool, HEALERS SUCK just menchoning that liked your char, though you did get me smushed by that storm gaint going mangel at lv, 16 a weeeebit over powered?????

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14167 Previous topic | Next topic