Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master Pick..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141555
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 02-Jul-21 11:55 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141555, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master Pickler, High Herald of the Eternal Star"

Fri Jul 2 23:52:41 2021

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Zigglebert perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:197

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, NoobAgain, 07-Jul-21 09:12 AM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Gwendelya (Anonymous), 11-Jul-21 01:07 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, NoobAgain, 13-Jul-21 01:45 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master ..., Calithildir (Anonymous), 03-Jul-21 01:55 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master ..., Hoisshyr (Anonymous), 03-Jul-21 10:25 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master ..., JohnEveryMan, 03-Jul-21 06:04 AM, #1

NoobAgainWed 07-Jul-21 09:12 AM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
411 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141610, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Ahem, greetings there, Therans! It is with deep regret that I was typing delete/delete to pickle away Zigglebert Tinkerton, the most infamous inventor of the southwestern corner of northern Galadon, but alas, playing Bert while managing work/family life during the summer became unsustainable. I did not want to fizzle away with short logins, so instead of holding on to High Herald, Bert took a deep dive into the brine jar.

Zigglebert was one of the most fun characters I've played and I hope it was fun for others to interact with him. He was intentionally over-the-top but that's also what made it easy to get into character with him - if there was a reason to pickle something, there was thus a reason to overpickle it!

Ishuli: thank you for the interview and the empowerment. One day, I'll try to go all-in on the dissertation (an area in which Bert did not succeed). What you do for CF is incredible and you have a loyal admirer in me.

Whiysdan: you're always a breath of fresh whiskey. I'm delighted to see that you are more active in Herald affairs and the morale boosts that you bring with your periodic appearances are outstanding.

Herald: Generally, post-Daphedee Herald is incredibly more accepting, constructive and fun. It may not be apparent to those that do not play serial Heralds, so you'll have to take my word for it - it's simply great now.

Sransidi: Very well-played thematic character. I loved our joint cook-off and I loved your "swamp cooking". Well done all around. I wish you had enjoyed your third legacy a bit longer!

Cali: My dear friend and confidant. So much depth behind your "legendary bard" demeanor. You saw Bert's highs and lows and I appreciate your support.

Gwen: Outstanding Herald who for the majority of her life was not a Herald. I interacted with you on multiple characters (including Virren) and I always deemed you a Herald. You're a model of what a Herald can and should be!

Corax: I'm glad I had a chance to show you a few things. Also happy to see newer blood in CF.

Others: A lot of great interactions (even including that one serial reroller with more or less the same description - same format/typos/short length - who kept hitting me up for gear on their level 1 paladins, shamans, etc.).

Hoisshyr: We met as "kids" and continued our friendship throughout. You have incredible resilience and I was always rooting for you.

Williad: Amazing exploration partner. Healer/Flurry Warrior or Healer / Invoker is a dream come true. Thanks for letting me borrow the lucky coin and thanks for all the good times.

I rolled my first character in CF in high school in 1996 at a computer lab. 25 years later it's going strong - this is quite a feat - thanks to the great community and staff.

Gwendelya (Anonymous)Sun 11-Jul-21 01:07 PM
Charter member
#141624, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #4

Oh no! I didn't notice this. I really wish I had taken the opportunity to go on more adventures together, I was taking your presence for granted. You were a lot of fun and one of the main reasons I decided to break down and join Herald after all. When our playtimes started to diverge, mine switch now and then due to RL issues, I started leaving veggies for you in the kitchen. I always hoped you got them.

P.S. - Virren helped give Gwen her entry into expeditions in a round about way, so thank you!

NoobAgainTue 13-Jul-21 01:45 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
411 posts
#141636, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

I did see the vegetables and always did appreciate them! Thank you!

Calithildir (Anonymous)Sat 03-Jul-21 01:55 PM
Charter member
#141569, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master ..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh no, Bert! What happened? Did that workshop finally burn down or real life is kicking you?

I had a lot of fun running around. Shame we didn't get to do it more. You'll be missed.

Hoisshyr (Anonymous)Sat 03-Jul-21 10:25 AM
Charter member
#141561, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master ..."
In response to Reply #0

This is a devastating loss! I had allies and enemies by necessity, but few friends to speak of in the mix. You made a friend for life! I hope everything behind the scenes is going well and goes well for you, sir. Hope to see you back in Thera mixing it up before too long.

JohnEveryManSat 03-Jul-21 06:04 AM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141557, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Zigglebert Tinkerton the Master ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sad to see you go.

Sent from my Iphone

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141555 Previous topic | Next topic