Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Narra the Prideful Nightmare of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141294
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 13-May-21 07:35 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141294, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Narra the Prideful Nightmare of the Old World"

Thu May 13 19:33:29 2021

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Narra perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:418

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Rambling thoughts, Narra (Anonymous), 14-May-21 10:01 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Rambling thoughts, Ydane (Anonymous), 14-May-21 11:25 AM, #2
     Reply I didn't like you until I did., Aztezul, 14-May-21 12:57 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Rambling thoughts, Friend and Foe (Anonymous), 14-May-21 05:39 PM, #4
     Reply I was a big fan as Habdazzle and Primdella, k-b, 17-May-21 02:45 PM, #5
     Reply Respect, Dallevian, 26-May-21 09:41 AM, #6

Narra (Anonymous)Fri 14-May-21 10:01 AM
Charter member
#141302, "Rambling thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

This char was very very ironic for me. I happened to be the last Scion as Nuerria when it closed down and Scarab opened. I happened to be the last Scarab as Narra when it closed down and Scion opened. The name and class coincidences were purely accidental, but it was hilariously funny.

So, I rolled in September of 2019 and set out to build a perfect Scarabite and I think I did a pretty good job except Scarab went away. Then cabal closed down. I confronted Morius, who orchestrated it and IC Narra was pretty cold to him as he destroyed the Temple of her faith. Cool beans to Morius who went along with the line and allowed Narra to slowly transform to an embodiment of Pride and a Chancellor even as she was mouthing off to him the whole time.

I have on and off play periods unfortunately and a lot of stuff going on in RL, so I can be pretty spotty and I apologize for any applicants who didn't get to see the Chancellor. For those who do get to see her, I went along with the direction they were leading and tried to give the best induction quests that fitted with their char direction. Sometimes those might have been seen as very hard, but that's both a product of how the interview went and what Morius and I thought of you. If you put in the time and effort, you can make Scion. I think overall I didn't miss too many if any quality applicants. Some of the people had extremely shallow RP and there was nothing to work with (Shaapa for an easy example) so they got nothing.

As for the build, I specifically wanted something that could see hidden/camo, so I took the bat and didn't reroll it. Little did I know that the bat's bite is two rounds. In addition, it's not peck, so no bloody pecker goodness to disorient them. I must've lost around a hundred kills by not being a form that can actually chase people down.
The bite edges never seemed to do anything, so I was very disappointed overall.
I was mildly satisfied with ram on offence, it has a good set of skills that are actually useful, but sadly, no lag to speak of. For some odd reason I thought butt was Pincer lag, when in reality it's one-two lag, so fairly useless for lagging unless they immediately die, which doesn't happen too often.
As for nightmare as the quest form, a sincere thank you for giving a quest form to me, but the form itself is mechanically disappointing. No lag, two attacks per round, and the special ability is useless in real hero PK circumstances sadly. I'd say I used ram more often as it had way more usability overall.
The fact that I killed anyone ever is a real surprise, mainly people overstayed and it was a 50/50 fight where I almost died. Don't get me started on the severe limitations of flyto (which was/(is?) very buggy) where you can't flyto people in cases where you should be able to.
I chose offense focus first because of relentlessness and because I set out to solo-rank (mostly) as a hater of non-humans as I would only group with Scion-friendly humans. Basically Narra saw the other races very inferior and impure and a pimple on Thera for the vast majority of her life. Solo-ranking a shifter is hard (for me) and would be near impossible if I'd gone air first.

As for the reason I didn't delete in December, I stepped down as a Scion Chancellor to participate in the char challenge. I guess I should've deleted Narra then, but we were warned that the char challenge chars can die suddenly and unexpectedly, so I kept her around on a back back burner for a while. As for now, it'd be kind of hard to get back into the character and rekindle her, so I wore some +age items just so she'd have a more dignified death than a simple delete. I'm almost always a single-char player, so going back to Narra probably wouldn't work anyway as too much has changed.

Thanks to Morius and all the good roleplayers out there. This really wasn't a PK char, but a very RP-heavy presence, which is hard for me to do as I usually find more enjoyment in the fights, but the build just wasn't doing it for me.

Ydane (Anonymous)Fri 14-May-21 11:25 AM
Charter member
#141306, "RE: Rambling thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

We didn't interact a ton, but I enjoyed the times we chatted.

AztezulFri 14-May-21 12:57 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2020
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141307, "I didn't like you until I did."
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the first scions brought in and IC I was against it for a few reasons. But over time you won me over. It's a shame we didn't have more time in the cabal together.

GLWYN

Friend and Foe (Anonymous)Fri 14-May-21 05:39 PM
Charter member
#141309, "RE: Rambling thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

One of the favourite lines you used on me:

"Don't be such a baby, darling".

LOLed.

k-bMon 17-May-21 02:45 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#141329, "I was a big fan as Habdazzle and Primdella"
In response to Reply #1

You gave off such creepy vibes, and the fact that you didn't come off as a murderbot was awesome. There were several times that any normal murderbot would have taken the opportunity to kill Habdazzle, but instead you and she struck up conversations and had an interesting relationship. I appreciated that.

Primdella came to you for knowledge and you charged a steep price for it. Then the next time she came to you for knowledge you like tripled the price to an absurd number, lol. I found that to be awesome and hilarious.

I hope you come back soon. Best of luck.

DallevianWed 26-May-21 09:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#141377, "Respect"
In response to Reply #1

I really like this char. Your inducting me into Scion, along with the quest, was clever and well thought out. Thanks.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141294 Previous topic | Next topic