Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Cadel the Mistress of Binding" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141166
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 22-Apr-21 07:05 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141166, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Cadel the Mistress of Binding"

Thu Apr 22 19:04:30 2021

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Cadel perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:conjurer
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:138

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Cadel (Anonymous)Fri 23-Apr-21 04:47 AM
Charter member
#141170, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Cadel the Mistress of Binding"
In response to Reply #0

Oh dear. Well, this was my first character not counting a brief dip in of the toe that I did some years ago that didn't really go anywhere.

I enjoyed the character and the time here, but RL started coming at me hard from all directions and I couldn't keep up the modicum of energy that it took to maintain a character, role, and PK defenses as CF demands.

Thanks to anyone who helped out a newbie! I regret that I was away so long that it came to this, but c'est la vie, right?

RL is still pressing in from all sides but it is likely that I will be back again.

AzorinneFri 23-Apr-21 06:18 AM
Member since 27th Dec 2020
36 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141172, "Cadel!"
In response to Reply #1

I really appreciated that you, as a Fortress scribe, were willing to WRITE things. It was always good to see missives from you, and I'd hoped you and Leradas might be the inspirational-text team of Fort. I hope the real world is being kind, if insistent!

JavaFri 23-Apr-21 11:31 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#141173, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Cadel the Mistress of Binding"
In response to Reply #1

I was disappointed when you stopped showing up. I had hopes you'd become a really solid presence in the Fort for a while.

I know you struggled a lot, especially early on. Conjurer is a really tough class to play for a lot of reasons. Mechanically, it's just really finicky. It also comes with a ton of enemies. If you think about it, you were an enemy of Battle (mage), Outlander (conjurer), and Scion/Empire (goodie). That's a lot of people to be up against for your first character.

That said, I enjoyed the conversations we had. You weren't afraid to disagree with me (which most seemed hesitant to), so I was looking forward to that opening up some really fun conversations and maybe challenging Umbrand in a new way.

It doesn't always work out that way though, so no worries. Hopefully you'll be back with another incarnation. Hopefully you find a less-challenging build that catches your eye, so you can focus more on the parts of the game that you seem to really enjoy.

Java/Umbrand

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141166 Previous topic | Next topic