Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141150
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 21-Apr-21 11:25 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141150, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle"

Wed Apr 21 11:23:10 2021

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Tjur perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:343

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of t..., Igsoeh, 21-Apr-21 03:11 PM, #5
Reply Scary cow!, Ilaistrea (Anonymous), 21-Apr-21 09:12 PM, #6
Reply Awesome character., Scyreth (Anonymous), 22-Apr-21 09:11 AM, #7
Reply Tough Fights, Kaloura (Anonymous), 22-Apr-21 09:59 AM, #8
Reply She can breathe a little easier with your passing, Alendross (Anonymous), 21-Apr-21 01:16 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of t..., Maog (Anonymous), 21-Apr-21 12:52 PM, #3
Reply Thank goodness, NotAFriend (Anonymous), 21-Apr-21 12:08 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of t..., Tristhana (Anonymous), 21-Apr-21 11:33 AM, #1

IgsoehWed 21-Apr-21 03:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141158, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 21-Apr-21 03:11 PM

What a ride. I almost gave up on this pretty early, I was getting absolutely destroyed by rotating gangs of outlanders and fortress, with the occasional Trib gang and Kithervroy thrown in. Also, the early evil RP was feeling weird and forced, and probably came across as just whiny and annoying. But then I scored a few kills, got some decent gear and things started rolling along pretty nicely. I made one sort of mistake with my legacies, I kept telling myself I was going to take Mercy, and at the last second I wussed out and took Ward of Blades instead. Now, Ward is probably what made the character as tough as it turned out to be to kill, but I still was upset I didn't take Mercy. I even asked for a change like ten minutes after I did it, but it was not to be (totally understand on this and no hard feelings). I know the character was probably borderline in a lot of ways as a villager, but I tried to always focus on getting the scepter first, and did my best to try and kill mages first generally (although in a lot of group fights someone else would end up dying). I would not have been surprised had a few things gone a different way to end up kicked out. I tried to be the most hateful, evil bastard I could and I feel like I mostly succeeded there, so that was nice.

Role was basically a mino that had been tortured from day one and taught nothing but hate, death, destruction, etc., so everyone and everything was going to suffer in response. I don't know that he had a single redeeming quality.

Thanks as always to the imms for this incredible game. I hope I spiced things up a bit for anyone that took time to watch me.

IMMS

Jormyr - Thanks for the time in your shrine, was fun and I hope Tjur was at least entertaining to Jormyr. I tried to start being a little more Jormyr-y after our talk and towards the end of life tried to espouse what I thought were your principals. If you were able to watch at all and have any feedback I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to follow you again in the future when you are more active.

Panmorne & Nalasul - Thanks for being awesome, I really appreciate having a presence at the least from the immortal side. Little whispers from the shadows, smart-ass comments about special guards not being mages, etc.

Ishuli - Thanks for running the trivia contest, I really enjoyed it.

Morius - Sorry for bloodying up your shrine, sort of? Heh. Enjoyed all the morians coming after me in the village and I wish I would have been slightly more prepared I think I could have killed a few more before they drug me down. Cool interaction and thanks for everything you do.

BATTLE

Nateh - Thanks for the cool induct and this last week has been pretty fun with our times matching up, although most of our enemies have been pretty scarce. I hope you enjoyed your time as leader and learned a bunch.

Seskavil - Sorry. There just was really no way not to do what Tjur did. To allow an enemy to just sit there in front of you was against everything he stood for. That coupled with what happened with Veldren was just too much for him to take. I hope I didn't ruin the fun for you. I even used axes instead of swords during our fight hoping you might pull out the win. Nice work, and would have been fun to see someone get all the goodie gear.

Veldren/Ansellus/Lanathalis/Crinna - Was bummed when each of you left, was fun to have you all around, even if none of us every really got along.

All of the up-and-comers - I enjoyed our bits of RP here and there, sorry for mino-speak. There are a few of you that I think will be really solid if you can stick it out. Sorry for getting us killed at Dra'Melkhur Tipora.

ENEMIES

Aelynthi - Class act, great fights, always up to tangle single in groups, whenever. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed our banter. Really felt like Whiysdan was just watching us and rolling dice to see which way it would go.

Alendross - So many epic fights, another absolute class act and almost always up for a fight. The one time we traded barbs across Prosimy for like ten minutes was great, and I'm pretty sure I was gonna kill all the outlanders in sight until Aelynthi came in and ruined my fun like a big ol' diiickface (kidding).

Mojo and Shnock - Wish we would have had more fights, and I really wanted to get each of you but you both always slipped away.

Scyreth - I really enjoyed our tauntings of eachother - I can't believe I missed that disembowel on you yesterday.

Itz and Llovris - Only lumping you in together because you are both mummies and our handful of fights went the same way, either I would wreck your armies or you would pull off a well-laid trap and get me.

Viz - So frustrating (in a good-challenge type of way) to play against a well-done invoker during raid/retrieval. Wish you would have been around more and there was more activity between Scion and Battle. Other than that, is was basically hours of no interaction between the two cabals.

Cerinha - Few fun fights, and I am STILL kicking myself for not thirsting that time you got me on the stream bed. I even told Nateh to go and that I could take you alone despite being Archmaged. I was wrong.

Gruntaln - Enjoyed our fights and banter, super tough fight, and also spirit of the blade is ####. Haha. I just kept trying to pincer when I should have gone for the disembowel.

Kaloura - Nice fights, and a pretty solid little session with you and Jagre yesterday after the chaos.

Maog - Glad you made it up to fight, NOT glad you hit me with lightning. Heh, I honestly didn't notice that middle-age had sapped a con from me, after earlier in the morning noticing that I had hit middle age. I was like, hmmmm, I wonder if I could push this to 400 hours.... dead. Hopefully the death can be part of your story in a cool way.

Kastari - Piles of great fights with you, even if it was usually coupled with trying to avoid Team Paladin. A few times I thought I would get you by being sneaky and waiting in the next area near your pit and making the run but you kept getting away. I think I just got you the once with the disembowel, and I promptly died to stupid immolate. That's what I get for taking thick fur.

Sertif - Nice fights, I don't think I ever got you, although I know it was close that time we came at you in the fortress. Another one I set some nice traps for where I would either miss a skill, or you would slip past me.

Kira - Few good fights, but mostly I think I just caught you with your pants firmly around your ankles in our 1v1's. I do wonder how many charges I was worth the couple of times you got me.

Sqrebik - Way to show up and fight most of the time. Especially at hero you were kind of squishy and would at least try some times. Props for that.

Other tribs - Mostly solid fights, I still really hate confiscate, but that's mostly just me being a big baby.

OTHERS

Ckhjor - Glad to see you get bardified, will be interesting to see how this plays out. Tjur really didn't like you, because you were a paladin mostly, but also cause he hated everyone and everything, so he was constantly an asshole to you.

Gwen - I was going to stick around and fight you that one day in Darsylon but my computer had one of it's overheating moments, so we didn't get a chance. Glad we got to shoot the #### the other day at the Inn, even if Qhef was being confrontational.

Imperials - Upset I didn't get a chance to give Williad and Qhef their well-deserved beatings, and Veristrix - big old balls on that assassinate when I was chasing Phelan, well done.

I know I'm missing people, just holler and I'll respond.

Thanks to everyone for the fun, and I'll see you in the fields on the next one.

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Jeir Govanion
Kale Jast
Kyrilos Divumarchos
Zaahir al-Salil
Isidoros Ironwing
Odrallag Ashhorn
Amahrohtar Hleowloran
Olethros Oleuni
Graevnik Uor'Luja
Tylluan and now
Tjur Odjurskung

Ilaistrea (Anonymous)Wed 21-Apr-21 09:12 PM
Charter member
#141160, "Scary cow!"
In response to Reply #5

I took some chances with you that I regretted. Figured mongoose with 6 elemental shields and scales of the dragon would have a chance against you, but nope! Anyways, enjoy the steaks of a swamp-cow in cow heaven!

Scyreth (Anonymous)Thu 22-Apr-21 09:11 AM
Charter member
#141162, "Awesome character."
In response to Reply #5

I was secretly cheering on your success.
Very cool character and well done. I loved
our back and forth banter or you telling
me to come down from the skies. I was
surprised as hell you didn't hit that
disembowel.

Well done cow! I mean minotaur!

Scyreth

Kaloura (Anonymous)Thu 22-Apr-21 09:59 AM
Charter member
#141163, "Tough Fights"
In response to Reply #5

Tjur was always a tough fight for me. It was a constant butt kicking from you, though towards the end I did feel like I was getting closer to taking you one on one. I will say, you are crazy good at hauling/eluding people pursing you. Good fights!

Alendross (Anonymous)Wed 21-Apr-21 01:16 PM
Charter member
#141155, "She can breathe a little easier with your passing"
In response to Reply #0

Had to go and feed Her for good while you were ahead by one in our kills, ha! The fight with you on the ocean was one of the best fights I've ever had in carrion fields. When I ambushed you and killed you I had 6 hp. I just thought "Well if I miss and he kills me, he earned it." and went for it. You were a really difficult hunt. GLWYN.

Maog (Anonymous)Wed 21-Apr-21 12:52 PM
Charter member
#141154, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm really glad we got to have some fights before this happened. Some as a group fight, and solo at the end. You were one reason I did go ahead and level up when I did after your words for me near the Village. I wasn't sure how it would go having seen the wrecking you could do. I felt bad at first to realize you were rattling chains, but I am guessing that was also something of the sort of a fight you would like to go out on, no others involved.

Well done. You were one everyone was aware of when you logged on.

NotAFriend (Anonymous)Wed 21-Apr-21 12:08 PM
Charter member
#141153, "Thank goodness"
In response to Reply #0

You were always willing to throw down and jump into fighting 2-3 people at once. You were fearless just like any mino should be. I was surprised by the depth of RP you were able to channel even through the ridiculous mino speech. The bit about your parentage you were constantly pushing was top notch and I wish I had seen how the story line ended. While I am glad to have one less enemy I was glad to always have someone to RP with even if I avoided you IC unless I had a group.

Tristhana (Anonymous)Wed 21-Apr-21 11:33 AM
Charter member
#141151, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tjur Odjurskung the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

You singlehandedly (or two-handedly, I guess, with axes) ruined the illusion that shrines were even moderately safe.

I lost count of the number times I was typing a pray or emote when suddenly: IT'S TJUR TIME. I actually took to 1) where spamming like a panicked level 11 and 2) Typing a few words of my pray, copying it, spamming where, pasting it, and then typing a few more words, then repeating.

Uh, other than that, not much to say. Didn't seem like you rped a lot with your enemies (or really anyone, that I saw), but you were very murderful and had a lot of people scared of you.

GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141150 Previous topic | Next topic