Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garful the Holy of Faith, Capt..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140387
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 29-Dec-20 10:40 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140387, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garful the Holy of Faith, Captain of the Brigade"

Tue Dec 29 21:35:45 2020

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Garful perished, never to return.

Race:azure
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:259

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garful the Holy of Faith, ..., Akresius, 02-Feb-21 07:45 PM, #9
Reply Unplanned fun, Garful (Anonymous), 30-Dec-20 09:04 PM, #3
Reply RE: Unplanned fun, Azorinne, 31-Dec-20 08:53 PM, #7
Reply RE: Unplanned fun, Ariendil (Anonymous), 01-Jan-21 05:15 AM, #8
Reply This saddens me., Ubekoz Dawnblessed (Anonymous), 30-Dec-20 05:48 PM, #2
Reply Don't take it personal, Garful (Anonymous), 30-Dec-20 09:11 PM, #4
     Reply Great job, Neajess (Anonymous), 30-Dec-20 10:42 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Great job, Garful (Anonymous), 31-Dec-20 11:14 AM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garful the Holy of Faith, ..., Nalasul, 30-Dec-20 03:17 PM, #1

AkresiusTue 02-Feb-21 07:45 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140596, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garful the Holy of Faith, ..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought you did a solid job with Garful. I was under the impression that shaman was not your best class, but it seems like you stuck around long enough to learn a bit more. From what I saw, you never backed down from a fight.

And, FWIW, a Padwei shaman was one of my most rewarding characters ever, too.

Garful (Anonymous)Wed 30-Dec-20 09:04 PM
Charter member
#140391, "Unplanned fun"
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with Garful. My plan was actually to roll a duergar imperial shaman, but then an azure was available and I went with it. That is probably part of why I could never totally get into the character. Still, it was a lot of fun. But in the end, I felt like I was logging on to give the Fortress a better presence, even before I was Captain. I was trying really hard to get into the character, but it never really happened.

Being Captain was fun. It was my first leader. I tried to make induction as painless as I could and think I only had one complaint. This was only my second Fortie, so I did my best with limited understanding of what goes on. Maybe that made it more interesting. I almost kept the character alive because being Captain was fun. However, things are getting busier at work so I decided to let Garful go.

Fort shaman just doesn't match my playstyle. It felt like I could do okay against anyone, but I had a lot of trouble sealing kills. I would either scare people off too soon, or try to let them beat me up too much and die. I think Empire powers for a shaman are way better than Fort powers for a shaman. Maybe I just need more shaman experience. I might try the imperial shaman sometime in the spring or summer.

Padwei: you are super awesome. I had no idea what I was getting into and you made it fun and interesting. I think those two paths were pretty cool together, even if some of the stuff was really niche. I really wanted to stick it out for things like the last task you gave me, but it wasn't enough for me to keep putting time into Garful.
Thank you!

Other imms: I enjoyed the random voices telling me I was doing good or needed to go take care of stuff. I didn't have much direct interaction with anyone that I knew who it was except Padwei, but I appreciated any nudge in the right direction I got.

Enemies and allies were all pretty cool. I don't think I got into the character enough to make any outstanding relationships, but had countless good interactions. I've already posted on a lot of death-threads. A lot of interesting things were just getting started. I'm too lazy for individual goodbyes. Garful was always pretty straight forward, so I think most people knew where they stood. Even if I didn't like someone IC, I tried to make the OOC respect obvious.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this character fun. If nothing else, I proved you don't have to be really good at PK or have a tons of game knowledge to make Maran or Captain

Keep on muddin'

AzorinneThu 31-Dec-20 08:53 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2020
36 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140398, "RE: Unplanned fun"
In response to Reply #3

Nice work! I didn't get to see a ton of Garful, but it's cool this was your first leader. Congrats, and glad to see you had fun!

Ariendil (Anonymous)Fri 01-Jan-21 05:15 AM
Charter member
#140401, "RE: Unplanned fun"
In response to Reply #3

Well done! I enjoyed every interaction we had.

Ubekoz Dawnblessed (Anonymous)Wed 30-Dec-20 05:48 PM
Charter member
#140390, "This saddens me."
In response to Reply #0

I wish you all the best with whatever sort of character you pursue next but ouch, that really hurt to see. I wholeheartedly wish I'd have done more but I can't rewind time. Good luck and gods bless.

Garful (Anonymous)Wed 30-Dec-20 09:11 PM
Charter member
#140392, "Don't take it personal"
In response to Reply #2

Deleting really had little to do with the last death. Actually, I feel like I died because I had my hotkeys messed up; I tried to quaff the wrong potion a few times. I had already pretty much made up my mind that I was only going to have one more death. Just because it says "rage delete" doesn't mean there was actually any rage. As far as Garful was concerned, you did great. In real life, I was tired of it being so easy for me to die and so hard for me to kill anyone with this character.

Neajess (Anonymous)Wed 30-Dec-20 10:42 PM
Charter member
#140393, "Great job"
In response to Reply #4

This makes me feel better. I really liked Garful and didn't want to contribute to you not having fun. Can't count how many times you sent me running. Lots of things have to line up for me to get a kill on you and I'm glad I could be your last. Well done all around, liked everything about you.

See you around.

Garful (Anonymous)Thu 31-Dec-20 11:14 AM
Charter member
#140394, "RE: Great job"
In response to Reply #5

Neajess and Zraldar were my favorite enemies because you were both pretty much always down for a fight and acted cool win or loose, but I don't think I ever killed Neajess.

NalasulWed 30-Dec-20 03:17 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
243 posts
#140389, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Garful the Holy of Faith, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Repeating what I said on Discord: I liked Garful. You had a great attitude and were never afraid of a fight.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140387 Previous topic | Next topic