Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gnimos Bizzpocket the Order-Mage o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140268
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 05-Dec-20 02:30 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140268, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gnimos Bizzpocket the Order-Mage of the Spire, Provost Magistrate"

Sat Dec 5 13:28:10 2020

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Gnimos perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:372

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No more Blinks, Gnimos (Anonymous), 05-Dec-20 02:36 PM, #1
     Reply Absolutely devastating, Alisani (Anonymous), 05-Dec-20 03:15 PM, #2
     Reply Good job!, Kith (Anonymous), 05-Dec-20 05:33 PM, #3
     Reply A great Provost., Ishuli, 05-Dec-20 06:52 PM, #4
     Reply Thanks, Slarin (Anonymous), 05-Dec-20 09:26 PM, #5
     Reply RE: No more Blinks, Meh (Anonymous), 06-Dec-20 01:15 AM, #6
     Reply Good job, Itz (Anonymous), 06-Dec-20 02:02 AM, #7
     Reply UPD, Itz (Anonymous), 07-Dec-20 04:28 AM, #11
     Reply Sad panda, Aoi (Anonymous), 06-Dec-20 10:55 AM, #8
     Reply Oh Captain, My Captain, Prim (Anonymous), 06-Dec-20 11:22 AM, #9
     Reply RE: No more Blinks, Neajess (Anonymous), 06-Dec-20 09:37 PM, #10
     Reply Good Riddance! (Ha!), Alendross (Anonymous), 07-Dec-20 09:58 AM, #12
     Reply We are so glad you found the cure , A resident of Galadon (Anonymous), 08-Dec-20 03:02 AM, #13

Gnimos (Anonymous)Sat 05-Dec-20 02:36 PM
Charter member
#140269, "No more Blinks"
In response to Reply #0

Really fun stuff. Tribunal had been in the dumper for way too long so I thought it was worth trying to revive. I had never done a role where Order was the primary focus as opposed to light or darkness so I really developed the character around that premise.

I followed Umiron and never expected to interact with him for the most part though I did pray a few times and sent him a tell once while he was vis with quiet mode on. This religion was the focus of my RP but at the same time even IC he knew it was dormant and an echo of the first age of Thera, but that didn't make Order less important.

As Gnimos grew older he saw constant benefits to his Orderly and magical pursuits, mostly as it related to the growth of the Spire. He tried to involve others of Order whenever possible and tried to always have something a little extra happening either inside or outside of the cabal. He really wanted to grow Order in Thera while removing disorder. Gnimos hated chaos and disorder. If you were chaotic he wouldn't even sit in the guild with you, he was allergic to chaos in effect. Gnimos was a #### to most people who were chaotic and did not even want to engage them in civil debate or discussion because he knew they were uncapable of such no matter how they acted. If you were Orderly, however, especially mages, he would bend over backwards to see you successful with whatever your endeavors were. One cool thing about Gnimos' personality as well, he was never wrong.

My forms were Rhino/Hummingbird and much later Blink Dog. The Blink Dog was really neat and was basically a mongoose that hit a little harder and had a neat dodge displacement. Sprint on the Blink Dog was my favorite part of it for chasing down people. The lockjaw affect it had was sort of like the mastiff lesser form but unfortunately it was mostly buggy and I usually fleed when it kicked in because it prevented biting even after the fight was over and you wanted to re-engage. Rhino was a very impressive form and allowed me to do a lot of things solo that I normally wouldn't have been able to do.

I interacted with a lot of people in the last 3 months. Thanks for that, if you respond and want to know anything I'll respond as well, otherwise other than one player who repeatedly rolled Tribunals and got uninducted and a couple of others it was pretty positive all around.

Alisani (Anonymous)Sat 05-Dec-20 03:15 PM
Charter member
#140270, "Absolutely devastating"
In response to Reply #1

I've been around a long time and legitimately have experienced hundreds of different leaders. I can't count on one hand how many leaders I've had that have been better than you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I was blown away with your assertive, blunt, and direct personality. You had so much depth that it really felt like I knew a master mage that could only care about Order. The rationale was always apparent behind any of your decisions even though IC I wanted to argue with you so badly. And, if I'm being honest, you really NEVER were actually wrong from my perspective lol.

You for added so much depth to my own character. Thank you for every interaction, every lesson, and dealing with me every time it's the last week of the MUD month

Good luck with your next, sir.

-Alisani Sanaai

Kith (Anonymous)Sat 05-Dec-20 05:33 PM
Charter member
#140272, "Good job!"
In response to Reply #1

Gnimos shuffles through some paperwork.

IshuliSat 05-Dec-20 06:52 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140273, "A great Provost."
In response to Reply #1

I seriously liked Gnimos and how he handled himself and the Spire.

Confident, domineering, controlling, frantic over any variation from his plans - it all came out to feel like an absolutely order-obsessed Mage. Big congratulations on that! The time I came to talk to you about a minor change in the text of the law and you started sweating wildly had me laughing. I was a big Gnimos fan. With you at the head I knew there would be no variation, no chaos, and that the Spire was in good hands.

And what people may not know is how hard you worked on, and pushed, some massively cool contests! And yet very few joined them. I know how frustrating that can be, as I've tried to run some events that had nobody show up. So while I'm sure it was annoying, just know I *really* liked and appreciated that you tried to pull in events for other players to enjoy.

Glad you liked Blink Dog, as it was my attempt at matching your magic vibe + how you were a very dangerous Vindicator, a 'hound' of sorts?

GLWYN!
-Ish

Slarin (Anonymous)Sat 05-Dec-20 09:26 PM
Charter member
#140274, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

I failed to play my role correctly because I felt so indebted to you. Thank you for taking me under your wing and showing me all that you did.

Meh (Anonymous)Sun 06-Dec-20 01:15 AM
Charter member
#140275, "RE: No more Blinks"
In response to Reply #1

Giving you blink dog was a kind of character assassination from my point of view. Personally I just refused to give you fights anymore. Blink dog was a complete ####. Usually I let such cheaty things enjoy themselves.

Also Gnimos was a #### with all those loots of things he even don't use.

Itz (Anonymous)Sun 06-Dec-20 02:01 AM
Charter member
#140276, "Good job"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 06-Dec-20 02:02 AM

Quite fun character, and our intersection were interesting, starting from being allies and shifting to the enemies as more I've been understanding the modern scions (can't say much more while active). But even then Itz liked to use Gnimos, and brought an interesting friendly-enemy relations. Quite difficult to fight with your damn manacles, you never have me a chance to catch you out of the cities - very well done.

I think that as a vindicator you would be much more active and dangerous, so personally I think becoming a provost has weakened your character. Once promoted, you've ceased almost all other activity except for inner cabal things (at least it's what I saw) and it was a bit sad, to lose such ally-enemy.

GLWYN!

Itz (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-20 04:28 AM
Charter member
#140285, "UPD"
In response to Reply #7

Got your PBF, count it covered!
My little reward to you for a good character

Aoi (Anonymous)Sun 06-Dec-20 10:55 AM
Charter member
#140278, "Sad panda"
In response to Reply #1

I will miss you.

I found it refreshing for a Provost to have some different policies than previous.

When I asked you to find someone to do a thing, I was TOTALLY not expecting you to turn around and put it on me!

You were great for the Trib, which means great for the game.

I thought you just came back from some time off, this surprised me a lot. I hope everything is alright rl.

Prim (Anonymous)Sun 06-Dec-20 11:22 AM
Charter member
#140279, "Oh Captain, My Captain"
In response to Reply #1

You were an excellent Provost and Tribunal. Primdella was convinced by your big ideas and determination that you were the best choice for Provost, and her trust was rewarded.

It's a shame that we didn't get to hang out more, in game. When you came along was just when my times were beginning to dwindle a bit. Still, we had a bit of fun and you always made things a bit more interesting.

Your personality rubbed a few people the wrong way, but I think it was mostly RP, and maybe that's not always the worst thing when it turns into such a dynamic and interesting character.

Kudos and GLWYN.

- Primdella Stormwind

Neajess (Anonymous)Sun 06-Dec-20 09:37 PM
Charter member
#140283, "RE: No more Blinks"
In response to Reply #1

Great job. You never gave me anything concrete IC and you explained it here. Great job, most people give me more than a chaos mage would deserve. Good RP all around, and you were deadly. Collecting your 100 gold for winning the poem contest must've hurt Gnimos, glad I was able to participate and win that contest. Almost wrote a poem about Gnimos but ran out of time. Was hoping to get a lucky cleave on you but instead I almost died. see you around, ya.

Neajess.

Alendross (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-20 09:58 AM
Charter member
#140286, "Good Riddance! (Ha!)"
In response to Reply #1

Very well done. Now I understand why you were so aggressive in my attempts at friendly banter. You were terrifying for me. When you went from Vindicator to Provost I sweated a lot less. Every time you were online it just felt like a timer was counting down to me being dead. You were one of my all-time favorite enemies, deadly and well played. I look forward to whatever it is you do next, GLWYN.

A resident of Galadon (Anonymous)Tue 08-Dec-20 03:02 AM
Charter member
#140300, "We are so glad you found the cure "
In response to Reply #1

from your allergy

>> If you were chaotic he wouldn't even sit in the guild with you, he was allergic to chaos in effect.

(PK) Me The Chamber of the Elements
Kithervroy The Hall of Forms
Gnimos The Hall of Forms
Some shaman Inside the East Gate

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140268 Previous topic | Next topic