Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Champio..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139964
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-Oct-20 08:10 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139964, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Champion of the Virtues, Captain of the Brigade"

Thu Oct 15 08:05:11 2020

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Iliomyndil perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:238

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Another good enemy gone, Neajess (Anonymous), 17-Oct-20 07:49 AM, #13
Reply It did crack me up when you realized I was Maran, Java, 17-Oct-20 12:10 PM, #14
     Reply I remember when krilcov owned u., Olin (Anonymous), 20-Oct-20 08:19 PM, #18
          Reply Ok? I'm not sure how that's supposed to make me feel., Java, 21-Oct-20 10:41 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Java, 15-Oct-20 12:26 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Risund (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 01:31 PM, #2
     Reply That's fine., Java, 15-Oct-20 01:57 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Cedany (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 02:04 PM, #4
     Reply The Code, Alendross (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 02:16 PM, #5
     Reply Well played, Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 02:24 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Well played, Java, 15-Oct-20 02:50 PM, #7
          Reply Nothing too bad, and one more thing, Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 04:34 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Nothing too bad, and one more thing, Java, 15-Oct-20 05:27 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Ariendil (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 03:01 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Java, 15-Oct-20 03:32 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Garful (Anonymous), 15-Oct-20 08:00 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Zraldar (Anonymous), 18-Oct-20 02:36 PM, #15
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Java, 20-Oct-20 11:06 AM, #16
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..., Zraldar (Anonymous), 20-Oct-20 05:57 PM, #17

Neajess (Anonymous)Sat 17-Oct-20 07:49 AM
Charter member
#140005, "Another good enemy gone"
In response to Reply #0

You were always down for a fight. Wasn't able to get you after you maran'd and was sure so many fights I was a goner. Well done thanks for all the fun.

JavaSat 17-Oct-20 12:10 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#140009, "It did crack me up when you realized I was Maran"
In response to Reply #13

You were wielding fire weapons and had fire control. It was pre-temperance so I was getting hit a ton, too. You ended up wording or teleporting when I was at like 250% HP. I think you even said something like "I thought all you guys were extinct."

Good fights though. I do remember getting frustrated in the mid-ranks with you, because both sleep and bash were stupidly effective no matter how much I prepped for them. I think I lost like 4 PKs in a row against you at one point. Once I made Maran though, it was a pretty even fights. Was looking forward to more, but our times didn't seem to match up much.

Olin (Anonymous)Tue 20-Oct-20 08:19 PM
Charter member
#140027, "I remember when krilcov owned u."
In response to Reply #14

JavaWed 21-Oct-20 10:41 AM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#140030, "Ok? I'm not sure how that's supposed to make me feel."
In response to Reply #18

But it didn't.

JavaThu 15-Oct-20 12:26 PM
1055 posts
#139966, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #0

As I said on Discord, I deleted solely due to the old wound flaw. I spent way too many full sessions waiting on bleeding and getting nowhere.

To be clear: I expected the flaw to be annoying and to occasionally get me killed. It did that, and I was ok with it. But I did NOT expect the flaw to create endless loops where bleeding caused more bleeding, causing even more bleeding, even out of combat. The day I deleted, I started resting with a 2-hour bleed timer. I waited a full 2 game-days (49 ticks), and deleted with a 27-hour bleed timer. That entire time I was either sleeping or resting. That was the second full session in as many days where I spent the entire time I had available to play, sitting around hoping bleeding would end. And those "loops" were obscenely common. I would have deleted sooner, if it weren't for Acolytes/Healers around that could help out with it. Flaws shouldn't be character-breaking, and if they are, they should at least have clear helpfiles so you know what you're getting in to.

Anyways, rant over.

My entire concept for this character was designed to help fix the Fort, since they were hurting really bad before I rolled up. I think I succeeded in that, at least somewhat. Day 1, I was angling for a leader role. Once I got it, I tried to be as available as possible for pledges.. including some very short log-ins where I'd basically just check if there was anyone looking for me, before quitting out.

IC, I tried to "militarize" the Maran a little bit. I was a bit standoff-ish with recruits, and you had to prove yourself before I treated you like anything close to a peer. That was all by design and IC. Also tried to create a chain of command, and specific ROEs, but never really had opportunity to enforce it. All-in-all, it was a half-finished idea, but hopefully it made things a little interesting for some of you. And if not, hey.. at least I still inducted you (along with about 20 of your closest friends).

A few goodbyes..

IMMS:
Panmorne: Every interaction we had was awesome. Your IC persona is absolutely hilarious and helped me go a different way than I anticipated with the character. I look forward to having another follower in the future.. though hopefully our times match up a little better.

Nalasul: I didn't realize it was you at the time, but thanks for Maran. I was really getting frustrated at that point, so it injected some new life into the char.

Padwei: Sorry I didn't stick it out as Captain longer, but I think I left the Fort better than I found it. Hopefully your times get better soon so being in Fort doesn't feel like you're forgotten about quite so much.

ENEMIES:
Sebenso: You're one of two people (Itzen is the other) that I fought a ton and was never able to kill. I didn't have much respect for you early on, honestly, since it just seemed like you'd show up in a gang or not at all. Once you hit your stride (right around when you made Emperor), you were tough to contend with though. Our fights ended up being pretty well-balanced, but you were far, far more conservative than I could ever be. Wish you would've stuck around some of our close fights though, those are the most fun ones IMHO, but it wasn't meant to be.

Zraldar: You were one of my favorite enemies. Definitely the toughest person to fight for me in Empire. You were the only one who really made me rethink my tactics (or if I should even take on a fight at all). Was glad to see you made High Priest. Keep it up.

Saerha: I think you underestimate how tough you could be if you were actually aggressive. I don't know how many times you just sat and watched me solo-raid. If you were aggressive, you could have driven me off (or even killed me) in many of those circumstances. I remember one specific instance when you were

Itzen-whatever: IC, I absolutely hated everything about you. OOC, your personality was really grating. I suppose that means you're doing a good job though. I never quite figured you out though (I rolled through the other two undead pretty easily), but we had some well-balanced fights.. even if every one cost me about 20-30 gold just healing scourge. Banshee is just plain stupid, but I knew better so it's my own fault.

ALLIES:
Cedany: We had a really interesting dynamic. I had zero respect for you (IC), for choosing to leave the Fort, but you were still someone I was bound to protect. Basically that meant me treating you like a naive child. Hopefully you realized that my talking down to you was IC, not OOC. OOC, nothing but respect.

Ariendil: Our times didn't align much, but I was impressed by everything I saw. IC, I didn't have a lot of respect for Acolytes (I did talk #### about them a bit with Panmorne). I was really stoked about that note that you sent out contradicting me. I Was fully intending on causing a bit of a rift between Acolyte/Maran after that. How dare you contradict me in front of my Squires?!

Goruns: I wrote a note to Padwei suggesting you be made Maran literally the day before you had your little accident. No idea if it would've made a difference or not. You were definitely the best of the Squires though, from what I saw, so hopefully that gets recognized sooner than later.

Vadarz: I was hoping that wasn't purely OOC frustration there at the end, but I think it probably was. Too bad. If that was actually thought-out character development, it would've been really interesting. Too bad.

OTHER:
Gnimos: You were absolutely stubborn and hard-headed in your view that the law trumps everything. Which made things interesting, since I was just as stubborn in my view that there was literally nothing above the duty of the Maran, including the Law (which I totally respect, I promise).

Tons of great interactions though, so if I forgot you know that it wasn't intentional.

Risund (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 01:31 PM
Charter member
#139967, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #1

I was impressed that you turned down that staff I offered you. I still kind of disagree with your reasoning, but kudos for sticking to your guns RP-wise. I was really hoping you'd use it and figure out what it does! (I never could figure it out.)

JavaThu 15-Oct-20 01:57 PM
1055 posts
#139968, "That's fine."
In response to Reply #2

Those were Ilio's beliefs, not necessarily those of me the player. And Ilio wasn't exactly someone you could reason with anyways.

Cedany (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 02:04 PM
Charter member
#139969, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #1

> And Ilio wasn't exactly someone you could reason with anyways.

Well, if a truer statement was ever spoken, I haven't seen it.

Cedany went from finding Ilio to be bizarre (Assaulter of the Elderly?!) to inspiring to tiring to infuriating.

I was definitely curious to see if their relationship would have evolved at any point, given that she felt that she still had to babysit Ilio with healing sleep/scourge removal. Probably not though. That betrayer comment *stung*.

Overall, Iliomyndil was fiercely dedicated to his view of the Fortress, and I really respected that OOC. IC, Ced still really thought Ilio needed hobbies. Or to get laid. Maybe both? Overall, I loved seeing a depiction of an elf/paladin that was so different from Cedany and the other paladins she had interacted with. It was a job well done and I'm sad that the flaw was so punishing. I think you would have really hit your stride w/ the Brigade and made a lot of great changes.

Alendross (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 02:16 PM
Charter member
#139971, "The Code"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our talk about the paladin code and how you perceived it. We didn't have many interactions due to the whole outlander/paladin thing but I could tell you were a positive presence in CF. Thanks for the interactions and GLWYN.

Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 02:24 PM
Charter member
#139973, "Well played"
In response to Reply #1

Good fights, though I think you should have been a bit less bitter, sometimes it's been too obvious that you've been OOC upset/angered. But overall, good work. Fend is really annoying, but once I found a way to counter it, fights became easier for me. I think that fend is same stupid as a banshee, so we were equal Should you have caught me with protections down, you could still get me with that crazy permalag. Knowing it, I never been running around you without at least half of protections us.

About old wound: I had same issue when I had a shaman and took old wound + hemophiliac flaws. They were empowering each other, old wound triggered hemo, hemo triggered old wound, creating an infinite loop of bloodshed. I suspect you might had the same. I died to that bleeding loop once, but only once. Twice I've been waiting for 2+ hours, but usually it's been not that bad. Perhaps low con plays a role (I had a giant shaman).

GLWYN!

JavaThu 15-Oct-20 02:50 PM
1055 posts
#139977, "RE: Well played"
In response to Reply #6

Old wound can create a loop all by itself. Paladins can deal with it better than most with first aid/sanc/healing, so it never killed me, but it did give me multiple hour-plus loops where I just had to sit around.

As far as the bitterness.. I don't recall any instances where I was OOC angry involving you, though there were more than a few that I was annoyed. Maybe I forgot something though. Nothing in this game is more frustrating for me than getting slept, so that's possible.

Most likely it was just me being a little annoyed, and trying to RP "angry Elf" and signals got crossed a little bit.

Either way, I apologize if that's how I came off. Hope it didn't hurt your experience. I pride myself in keeping IC, IC. No one's perfect though.

Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 04:34 PM
Charter member
#139982, "Nothing too bad, and one more thing"
In response to Reply #7

You never went OOC, of course, just anger/irritation came through once or twice, preventing me from taunting and tormenting you further )

By the way, about Gnimos. I've been talking to Zakkurus (or something) who also had an air form and was a drow, and that info that you are dying somewhere was supposed for him. That time I didn't even talk to Gnimos. And then, I get a tell from Gnimos that you have crushed on him, accused him of every single sin on Thera. It was so funny that I've been laughing loudly over my laptop. Of course Itz couldn't resist playing this card, and confirmed you that yes, he had teamed with Gnimos against you ) I can't even imagine how Gnimos was surprised when out of a blue he got an angered tells from an elf-commander )) At this point I've fogired that if I'll play another character someday, I'll pick 'deception' spehre for sure.

JavaThu 15-Oct-20 05:27 PM
1055 posts
#139989, "RE: Nothing too bad, and one more thing"
In response to Reply #10

That whole situation was hilarious. I realized slmost immediately that you weren't talking to Gnimos but by that point I was IC committed.

What was funny is that it didnt even start out particularly angry. It was just something like "You going to do what the mummy told you to do?" and it spiraled out of control. Gnimos amd Ilio had a pretty intense distrust of each other though so it escalated pretty quick.

Ariendil (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 03:01 PM
Charter member
#139978, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #1

Great job, man! Iliomyndil was a great character and I LOVED the militaristic outlook you took on Maran. I wish you were still around to push that even further, but that wound really did seem awful. Knowing Iliomyndil I knew that note would rub him the wrong way and I think having to navigate through a conflict between allies is CF at its best. From Ariendil's point of view, it had to be done publicly. I mean, after all, few of your squires had started to slip on the "do not harm the Light" front.

I liked the war paladin take, and to me you seemed like a great Panmorne follower. Those notes you were sending earlier were top notch and I had hoped you would continue with those. Also, the arena matches were extremely cool. Maran leadership should start doing them as a tradition I think.

I hope you roll something new soon, just skip those hardcore flaws at least with the next one.

JavaThu 15-Oct-20 03:32 PM
1055 posts
#139979, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, once I became Captain, a lot of that "extra" stuff dropped off. Purely a time thing.. I had an overwhelming amount of pledges for a while there, and was constantly getting bombarded. That and the rise of the Empire meant I didn't have much spare time in-game.

I enjoyed the arena stuff a lot, but didn't get much positive response from people in the Brigade, so I kinda stopped. My build was so dominant in that setting, that I think people thought I was just being a bully for my own ego or something. I was eagerly waiting for someone to answer my challenge with a well-planned gank, or some other clever idea. Never happened though, so I let it go.

I'm entirely done with flaws that aren't super obvious (like Late Bloomer or the -stat ones). I love the idea of flaws, but until they're better implemented and documented, they aren't worth the risk.

Hope you stick it out for a while.. everything I saw of Ariendil I was impressed with.. OOC, at least. Ilio wasn't impressed with anyone really.

Garful (Anonymous)Thu 15-Oct-20 08:00 PM
Charter member
#139990, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #1

It was fun when our play times lined up. Too bad it didn't happen more.

I think you met your goal of improving the Fort.

Zraldar (Anonymous)Sun 18-Oct-20 02:36 PM
Charter member
#140012, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #1

We had some great fights and I always knew I had zero margin for error when fighting you. Sorry to hear a flaw caused so many problems and will miss having you as an enemy.

JavaTue 20-Oct-20 11:06 AM
1055 posts
#140022, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #15

That fight we had in the Wastes where you eventually got me was an all-time favorite of mine. I don't think I ever had a fight go back and forth so many times. I was cracking up when we both ended up having to rest for a few hours before it was over (while also cursing myself for not stocking up on refresh preps).

Really great fights, all around.

Zraldar (Anonymous)Tue 20-Oct-20 05:57 PM
Charter member
#140026, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliomyndil Ar'aelantar the Cha..."
In response to Reply #16

That fight was def a highlight for Zraldar. I even bragged about that one to Panmorne.

I remember you congratulating me on the victory once you were immobilized and thinking if I wasn't careful I could still end up dieing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139964 Previous topic | Next topic