Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139851
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 26-Sep-20 08:01 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139851, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle"

Fri Sep 25 21:11:58 2020

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Olethros perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:284

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Igsoeh, 29-Sep-20 08:30 AM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Zraldar (Anonymous), 01-Oct-20 11:19 AM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Ariendil (Anonymous), 03-Oct-20 05:03 AM, #9
Reply Well done, Neajess (Anonymous), 17-Oct-20 07:57 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Iliomyndil (Anonymous), 26-Sep-20 11:34 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Itz (Anonymous), 26-Sep-20 02:56 AM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 25-Sep-20 10:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Rarywey (Anonymous), 25-Sep-20 10:26 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..., Nalasul, 25-Sep-20 09:58 PM, #2
Reply Goodbye friend, Alendross (Anonymous), 25-Sep-20 09:41 PM, #1

IgsoehTue 29-Sep-20 08:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139911, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

This is just specific goodbyes. I'll write up thoughts on the build, character stuff in another post. This one got pretty long. Thanks everyone for all the fun!

Ishuli - Thanks for the interactions. I had fun and really wish I could have written a lot more for your library. It really allowed a good take on the role and I was a bit surprised (pleasantly) with how you were able to take all the somewhat disparate parts of Olethros and point it all in one direction. Our first couple talks actually REALLY helped me coalesce Olethros into a complete thought, if that makes sense. I've got another idea for an Ish follower kicking around, but I think I need to do some Team Evil for a bit. Also, stupid washcloth. Heh.

Panmorne - What kind of asshole starts ranking with a paladin and doesn't make him stop praying? Me, apparently. I had rationalized it in my head as I wasn't gonna fight anyone but nightwalkers. Thank you for calling me on it. Of course, it then led to me losing more than half my con because I decided I would just fight in the upper forties without finishing my push to hero. Bad decision on my part. Just our few interactions make me want to do a Panmorne follower, so thanks for that. Thanks for the Drillmaster vote of confidence and the shot, my first ever battle leader, and a big boon to Olethros' role too. Basically completed the primary character arc with recognition of the family name for something other than being good smiths.

The rest of the imms, thanks as always for everything you do to keep this amazing game up and running. I always tell people this is the best game I've ever played by leaps and bounds, and my recent experience holds true to that.

Villagers:
Lyx - Fun interactions, wish we'd have had more time to develop the relationship, especially as the Drillmaster, but it feels like your play times dropped off. When you and Bam were coming up I kept kicking myself for rolling an elf and not a duergar or evil human. Also, the thing in Darsylon, sorry I had to get after it so much, I know how great it is to have a bunch of iron weapons, no enemies in sight and three people to run through Darsylon in like a minute and a half. I had the command typed in to try and kill you when you guys were ranking. The only reason I didn't force a challenge there or try and kill you was I didn't want to #### with your guys' fun stick. Anyways, you'll keep doing good things I suspect.

Qutt - Great playing with you, wish we could have pushed more on the good/evil stuff, but we were always busy fighting. Thanks for being cool.

Halimar - I wish you would have been around some after I got drillmaster. Itz's times picked up and I think we could have had some epic fights. Really sorry you died on that raid into Imperial lands. Should have communicated over cb that we were pulling back.

Saf - Awesome when you're there.

Bam - Had a lot of fun with you up front, really talkative, loved how you played the dumb giant. The circle challenge was badass (thanks Panmore for that), I really think I could have taken you if I was more patient. Then something switched with your RP and your hours dropped off, which was a bummer, because I wanted to find out what the switch was, plus it was just fun having another villager around.

Tont - Man, what a bunch of great elf vs. dwarf verbal sparring. Bummer you deleted early. The accent was a bit over-the-top for me, particularly on notes, but I enjoyed it every time you were logged in. My two favorites are still you teaching me how to trash talk so I could try and get Primdella to fight me, and when I used dearth wrong. #### me that was great.

Enemies:
Sebenso - Great fights, hilarious talks. The best example of an enemy where if I did everything right, I would win, but one mistake and it was game over. Good luck with emperor.

Zraldar - Great fights, and a poor matchup for you in most circumstances, but when the circumstances were right for you, definitely death for Olethros. Keep up the good work.

Saerha - Tough fights. Fighting you in the midranks was fun because I could change up tactics/weapons on you a bit easier. That last assassinate may cause you some pain...

Gnimos - I'm officially adding rhinoceros is #### to the X is #### list. Ugggh. Impales better than any spear spec I've ever seen. You were the matchup I totally should have waited on. There was a huge difference between fighting you 46 - 50 and at hero. I also learned to just stand in and fight with my swords and be patient instead of going for the win with flails out of the gate. I'm rolling up a dagger spec just for you.... Have fun with vindicator.

Exine - Good fights, though only a few. Your burning of Silverwood when I was in the teens was the thing that pushed this character over from a RP perspective to go village, so it was really satisfying to get that win over you just before I got Drillmaster. Wish we'd been able to have more fights, you seem to play for the win a bit more than some others.

Vondersita - Lots of good fights throughout the ranks. You're a tough out and I don't think I ever actually got you. I love fighting invokers that make you have to think though, like changing up shields and stuff, makes for a bit more of a chess match. Just must you outside of Galadon the other day, was a good fight.

Primdella - By the time we started fighting in the midranks you had the clear advantage, and then we didn't spend much time in each other's range in the hero ranks. Had some good skirmishes on the eastern continent though. Would have been nice to spend a bit more time arguing in the library, but I didn't spend a ton of time there later in life. Good luck with hero range, and whatever you're working on for Ish.

Isenbert - Tough fights in the midranks, but still lots of fun, shame you didn't rank up.

Kira - Same, lots of good fights early, shame we didn't get to fight at hero. Some fun back-and-forth. One criticism - out of range summoning of mobs... bleh.

Zarkurus - Good fights, nice banter, I think the only time you died was that one raid on the spire, and Lyx got the killing blow.
Porcupine is ####. Haha. Thank Panmorne for a leader weapon.

Quanhest - Piles of fights, a near impossible out. Another one where I just needed to stick with swords and I could pretty reliably at least run you off, even if I wasn't going to necessarily kill you. Liked our back and forth banter.

Edelrock - Satisfying to get you finally. Another good example of one mistake and I was shot. Wish we could have had some more fights, because like Exine I felt you were all-in for the win more than some others.

Itz - #### me you're tough. I think the only way this build was going to beat you was with a bigger set, and not missing entwine a million and a half times. A couple fights inside the village where I missed three or four entwines when I think I may have been able to take you. Good fights, good talks.

Kayloren - Had you stuck around, this character may very well have triggered down the evil path. Particularly the way you refused to fight back. I know you didn't care for the way things ended up, but your deaths provided great RP fuel between Olethros and the fort, and set up probably my favorite role chapter. Thanks for being a big part of this character's life, even though our interactions and fights were fairly limited.

Neajess - Only a couple fights, but lots of fun. Wish we would have been able to have some more. If I'd had more con, I probably would have at least tried to come after you inside the tower a time or two.

Friends:
Ariendil - Really enjoyed our interactions, from our first chats where I'd ask if you'd seen so-and-so, to our talks during ranking, and eventually our arguments around Kayloren. That one in particular right after he deleted was one of the best back-and-forths over the good-villager vs. good mages dilemma I've ever had.

Iliomyndil - Your take was spot on. I really wish I hadn't had to kill/go after Kayloren so early, because 1. I really wanted a ranking buddy, and 2. I think we could have done some really fun exploring/fighting together, instead of being frienemies. Great job getting Captain, and I look forward to our future interactions.

Alendross - Probably Olethros' best friend, as we got to do a few fun things together. Thanks a bunch for helping me get the blade of courage, which after we did it, I realized I could get solo as a ghost, barely (I also died at least once trying to get it alone). Another one I wish I could have done more exploring and stuff with too, but as it was there were always tons of enemies/retrieving, etc. to do when we were logged in together.

Maeneekoni - Didn't spend a ton of time together, but would have been cool to. I did spend a fair amount of time doing Outlandery things and obviously with so many mages in the spire we were even more natural allies.

Arthyrr - Really enjoyed our RP and thanks for all the help. Another character I wish I'd been able to spend some more time with and do a bit of exploring/fighting with. Seriously, really cool RP.

Cedany - You are really awesome. Thanks for always being up for some good RP. You do an excellent job of RPing WITH someone as opposed to AT someone. I really wish I was there to see more of your journey as Olethros, because I think some really big character moments are coming for you. Our last big talk in Einoh's shrine was really cool, and from an Olethros position, helped solidify that he still did have some elf/good in him.

Rarywey - Thank you for being a great herald presence. It's always nice to have someone you can go to the Inn and bounce things off of to help develop a role, and you absolutely helped me do that. I wish we'd gotten more chances to explore/do stuff together, but our times didn't match up as much later in Olethros' life. ####ing vegetable mead....

Sorry in advance if I forgot anyone. Tons of great fights, almost all positive interaction. Thanks again!

Igsoeh

Zraldar (Anonymous)Thu 01-Oct-20 11:19 AM
Charter member
#139918, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #7

That is almost verbatim what I would have said about you which is exactly what you want in a competitive game. Kudos on showing up when things got a little rough for the village.

Ariendil (Anonymous)Sat 03-Oct-20 05:03 AM
Charter member
#139923, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #7

I loved Olethros. Great job at sticking to your guns and not just going for the most simplistic of explanations of your cabal's dogma. The really interesting characters are those that face conflicts which can never be easily resolved. I had hoped you'd be around for much longer, I feel like there was a lot more of your character arc to come to life.

Great job, and roll something new!

Neajess (Anonymous)Sat 17-Oct-20 07:57 AM
Charter member
#140007, "Well done"
In response to Reply #7

Great job! Wasn't aware you were so low on con I'd have cast a few spells differently. You were very fun and scary to fight. One lucky deathblow or flurry and I knew I was a gonner. I think I got away with less than 90 hp once. Solid char. Thanks for adding to the fun.

Iliomyndil (Anonymous)Sat 26-Sep-20 11:34 AM
Charter member
#139865, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Had a love-hate relationship with Olethros.

We were buddies early on, but then you started killing good mages. That made things awkward.
Then you bloodthirsted into me when I was chasing someone near the Village. That made things pretty hostile.

Both Ilio and Olethros are pretty stubborn and strong-willed, so we were never exactly buddies after that, but we did keep things relatively cordial. I was expecting you to be around for a long time after you made Drillmaster.. probably Commander eventually. Sad that isn't to be. I was looking forward to seeing how our pseudo-friendship would evolve.

Itz (Anonymous)Sat 26-Sep-20 02:56 AM
Charter member
#139859, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Good fights, good talks. Kudos for not logging off from the fights like other modern villagers do. I am surprised there is no some kind of a second way out of the village, because quicksand by the giant = dead villager (unless he is extremely lucky).

*And welcome to my undead army, mwahahaha!*

Good luck with your next!

Maeneekoni (Anonymous)Fri 25-Sep-20 10:59 PM
Charter member
#139858, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Another of the kin, gone. From what I saw you were always brave and willing to go after the magic-user regardless of the cost which made Mae happy. It was a brutal and bloody run from what I saw, and what I did see, I enjoyed.

-Mae

Rarywey (Anonymous)Fri 25-Sep-20 10:26 PM
Charter member
#139856, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Well I wasn't TRYING to cry today, but look what you did. Olethros was one of my favorite people to talk to from the very earliest parts of your character. I enjoyed getting to watch how you developed in him a sense of greater certainty ultimately leading to getting caballed and leadered. Rary of course didn't WANT you to join the village, for (role) reasons, but she never held that against you. Thanks for being a wonderful presence. I'm glad we could be there for the last moments. Thank you for the invitation.

I started yelling in the Library (sin) because I forgot you can't WHERE ghosts and I was like PLEASE NO HE'S GONE ALREADY.

NalasulFri 25-Sep-20 09:58 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
243 posts
#139853, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Olethros Oleuni the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Big apologies for my goof that one time I congratulated you for a good raid defense right after you'd died.

I'd been talking to someone in the shrine, heard the attack, didn't hear the attackers placing the head, and assumed you'd driven them off. Somehow I totally missed the part where you...uh...died.

Hope you enjoyed DM for the short time you got to have it!

Alendross (Anonymous)Fri 25-Sep-20 09:41 PM
Charter member
#139852, "Goodbye friend"
In response to Reply #0

The last thing Olethros said to me, "You're a good friend Alendross." and now I regret I did not return that sentiment. You were one of his good friends too. Glad we found you that sword, hope it served you well, ha!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139851 Previous topic | Next topic