Subject: "(DEL) Raligaun the Avenger of the Righteous" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13974
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 09-Jan-03 05:03 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13974, "(DEL) Raligaun the Avenger of the Righteous"

Thu Jan 9 05:02:31 2003

6 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Spring on the Theran calendar Raligaun perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:133
PK Ratio:85% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Another one bites the dust, Jafel, 09-Jan-03 05:32 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, Tarnyxil (Guest), 09-Jan-03 08:28 AM, #2
     Reply Tooled me?, Anith (Guest), 09-Jan-03 11:17 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Tooled me?, Jafel, 09-Jan-03 02:21 PM, #4
     Reply Raligaun, Talfos, 10-Jan-03 12:39 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, Vynmylak, 10-Jan-03 12:43 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, Bajula, 11-Jan-03 02:58 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, xevfiutyn, 16-Jan-03 09:41 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, noldan (Guest), 17-Jan-03 04:23 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, Jafel, 17-Jan-03 11:27 PM, #10

JafelThu 09-Jan-03 05:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13975, "Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this was my first try at a paladin in about 4-5 years. Last one only made it to 40 if I remember correctly. Not being able to lag sucked ass. He started out being fun as hell, but once I hit hero it just went downhill. Vynmylak actually talked to me before I reached hero, afterward he ignored me. I got fortitude at 30 and temperance at 49. I chose half-drow for rp reasons, but in the long run it hurt me more than anything. Most goodie gear is mithril, and all the goodies were running around with the sylvan horde so I was often alone. I knew I'd be alone to some extent, but it was really just ridiculous the amount of time I spent by myself. I found out I could solo the blademaster and just about anything I really wanted to. Then again having anti magic shell helped a lot, although I rarely used it.
I'm just not cut out to play a goodie I suppose, back to team evil for me. Vynmylak, thanks for the limited interactions we had. I suppose I failed in some way in your eyes. I never ganged anyone, and tried to fight the good fight. I was not the type to throw myself into to the fray unprepared, if I ran it was because it was tactically sound. Then again that's just my nature, I hate dying. Especially stupid deaths.

Friends:

Most are already dead, but a few are still alive I think.

Maran:
Abthalok was about the closest I had to a friend in maran. They were always with sylvans so I was the odd man out.

Sylvans:
None obviously.

Warlock:
Talfos, the airform/panther.. can't recall his name.

Nexus:
None.

Scion:
Fought you guys mostly. Anith, we fought once and I tooled you. After that you never bothered me again. I always knew when you were around tho. Paladin dangersense is kick ass. Jalim, I was always worried about getting assassinated by you. Surprised I took you down that one time. Figured you'd flee but you didn't. Zarukian, I think I fought you more than anyone else. Damn I hate dispel, but it was fun. I'm sure there were others but they slip my mind now.

Battle:
Only fought Kiyhruus. Whipped him every time, but thats to be expected against a duergar. Not bragging or anything, but damn you ran fast. You were in the village before my one round wrath lag wore off.

Non caballed:
Tarnyxil(sp?) we travelled together a bit. Thaellenar we ran together a bit too. Was fun relearning a few areas I had forgotten.

If I forgot you, so be it. It's late and I haven't bothered playing this char in about 3 weeks or so.

Tarnyxil (Guest)Thu 09-Jan-03 08:28 AM

#13984, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #1

You were the firsat half-drow paladin at hero level I had seen .. ANd at first it was like .. hmm .. half-drow .. and 'a lot' of people shared my view .. a couple maran's didn't even want to travel with you because you were not 'of a true race', although you were a paladin.. Tarnyxil doesn't really care about that very much .. as long as she can roam and have fun.. which I had with you..

Hope to see you around in the fields some day
Tarnyxil

Anith (Guest)Thu 09-Jan-03 11:17 AM

#13982, "Tooled me?"
In response to Reply #1

I never once fell to you or to any paladin. I might have attacked you once, then fled....if thats what you mean by tool. Yes paladins are tough, and to beat them, I need to attack, flee, return, and repeat until they are dead. I never saw you in the game long enough to kill you. Ive killed every other paladin in the game at one time or another, but cant recall even seeing you more than once or twice in my life.

JafelThu 09-Jan-03 02:21 PM
40 posts
#13983, "RE: Tooled me?"
In response to Reply #3

Naa, never killed you. Just whipped you good and you ran off never to return. Funny I saw you about alot, guess I wasn't that noticable since I wasn't running with the maran/sylvan horde. Oh well.

TalfosFri 10-Jan-03 12:39 AM
0 posts
#13981, "Raligaun"
In response to Reply #1

Talfos was hesitant of you at first, as I am sure most lightwalkers were, being half-drow. However, his role allowed me to interact with you and I enjoyed each one. Had fun rp'ing and killing stuff with you, and I think half-drow paladin was a fine choice for something a little "flavorful". Good work.

Talfos

VynmylakFri 10-Jan-03 12:43 AM
52 posts
#13980, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #1

You didn't disappoint me at all. As you can see with the timeliness *cough* of this post, I haven't been around a whole lot due to work. We just seemed to miss each other a lot during your later times. From what I saw, you played very well, and earned two faiths -- not something every paladin does. It's just one of those situations where it probably seemed I was ignoring you, and it was really due to me not being there.

Hope you enjoyed the character. That's what's all about. Have fun and looking forward to seeing your next.

-- Vyn

BajulaSat 11-Jan-03 02:58 AM
929 posts
#13979, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #1

ahh hadn't seen you in like forever.. when i first met you, i was ,like the others, hesitant. (at best, were it not for meeting jez, dimion would have hated all half-drow as well as drow on sight before talking to them.)
when i saw you in the paladin's guild though, (ooc i knew you were a pally ic did not yet)

so i talked with you a bit and decided dimion would like you and i promised myself i'd aid you when i could, this was prolly near when my playing times went screwy, and i didn't see you much after that, hell you were young when i last saw you. too bad too, i wish i could sit and chat more with pallys and the like as my char would like a religious discussion, but its usually
'hey we are raiding the chasm come on,.'
well not usually from the paladins but thats the only time i saw em and we were all a bit busy after that for chit chat.
i figured you'd have had an entirely different slant on things and wanted to hear the half-drow point of view.

well anyway what i saw of you when you were 'young' was a cool char. more power to ya.. and i totally understand the 'downhill' thing.

xevfiutynThu 16-Jan-03 09:41 PM
0 posts
#13978, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #1

You left a Human warrior out.........

noldan (Guest)Fri 17-Jan-03 04:23 PM

#13976, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #1

Hmm Liked you though you did leave me to die when we were in our 40's to like the three villagers kinda pissed me of I couldent back down from it knew i was up for a whopin couldent get kraggy or anyone else with me but wtf? you wernt doing #####, No fense but you should stick to evils, Paladains shouldent hide just becouse the odds are gainst us me and you coulda killd um, well prolly not two hero villys and that duergar wieldin mithril and a acid axe, Still Dont like cowards for rp or for gear lovin, Not my type guess im just a basterd dwarf so BLAH!!!!

JafelFri 17-Jan-03 11:27 PM
40 posts
#13977, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #9

I didn't leave you to die. You were all gung ho about charging into a group of villagers. I didn't share your opinion. It was in my role to be a calculating fighter, not charge into battle aimlessly. I would have joined you after I devised a plan to take them out. You just ran out the east gate to your death. There was nothing I could do about that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13974 Previous topic | Next topic