Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Vindelph Constillian the Dai Sensei ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138905
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-May-20 09:55 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138905, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Vindelph Constillian the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Kickmaster of the Eternal Star"

Fri May 1 09:54:30 2020

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Vindelph perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:373

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So long and thanks for all the fish., Shandae, 09-May-20 03:19 PM, #4
Reply RE: So long and thanks for all the fish., Admund (Anonymous), 09-May-20 04:43 PM, #8
Reply We had our disagreements., Morius, 04-May-20 08:38 PM, #3
Reply RE: We had our disagreements., Shandae, 09-May-20 03:22 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Vindelph Constillian the Dai Sen..., Cexonza (Anonymous), 02-May-20 12:44 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Vindelph Constillian the Dai Sen..., Shandae, 09-May-20 03:23 PM, #6
Reply Great job., Ishuli, 02-May-20 11:15 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Great job., Shandae, 09-May-20 03:25 PM, #7

ShandaeSat 09-May-20 03:19 PM
Member since 11th Nov 2019
126 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138940, "So long and thanks for all the fish."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry for the delayed goodbye. For those of you in discord you know that my closest confidant in the world passed away last week so I've not had a lot of clear thoughts as of late. But I wanted to post a goodbye and speak to some specific people, and a general message to those I don't write about, please leave a comment. I cherished every interaction on this character but I've just had too much going on to remember his entire life right now.

Korsgaard. Man. You are amazing. I enjoyed every single bit of interaction with you and you made me feel appreciated and heard. The new batch of imms are all fantastic and I don't regret for a second making you my religion. Back when I played in 2000 I always wanted an Ehren Guard, and since I didn't know if I'd be back for good I decided to try to rank to hero with this character solo (Not knowing about the bonuses and how much easier it is to rank now). So with a focus on Honor I did a lot of research in game about your religion and organically came to Pathfinding. I really really wanted to stick it out to be the first to gain the mark with his own path but Real life struck as it often does. I will be back sometime way down the line, but I need to experience all the religions because they're all so fantastic. So I just want to say thanks again for helping me build such a great life for this character.

Daphedee: You really helped flesh this character out. That little interaction at your shrine about flaws was actually how I came to accept the ancestral curse flaw and decide to take Vindelph's fathers last name as the path of Courage for Korsgaard. Thank you so much for the Kickmaster stuff and adding flair to my character and giving me an outlet for artistic expression.

Morius: Man. Korsgaard actually chose you as my 'villain' and I didn't know anything about your religion before it. I had 'A FREAKING BLAST' with every interaction with you. You are such a good role player I felt your character through our interactions. Thank you for helping me flesh out the few 'enemies' that Vindelph had. I'm not good at playing evil but yours will definitely be a religion I try soon. So hats off to the original sin.

All other imms: I Interacted with most of you at some point. Whether it was through Rahsael's event or showing my condolences for your followers it was a pleasure to get to interact with each of you.

Ioxia: I know you were bitter about some of the community and may not even read this, but you were Vindelphs first real friend. Thanks for showing me around arial city and hanging out with me despite the fact I was a filthy mage lover.

Cexonza: MY FRIEND! I came into your life well after a majority of your role had come to fruition I'm sure, but damn did I enjoy seeing you online. We had such good talks and it was because of you that Vindelph first began his journey to accepting his past and learning from Daphedee. You truly shaped this entire character and I can't thank you enough for all the joy you brought me as we played together.

Llyion: Well I guess my side of the park bench is going to get cold. I really liked the "Grumpy old men" thing we had going on where we'd just sit in the street and chat.

Admund: You became my closest friend towards the end of my life. I wanted to be there for you for the rest of it but cest la vie. You did an astounding job with the madness RP and I can't wait to see your role and how well you do. Thanks for everything man.

Lorente: Also a stellar job. I enjoyed so much of running around with you guys and if Vindelph just had a little less ties to the community he might've been all about you guys' quest to free Thar Eris heh.

Ziviriz: You and I had a strange relationship. I never really knew if I could trust you completely but you seemed to always be genuine with me. Damn were you a beast. I'd watch you tear through an entire town as I just sat and watched and chatted in between heh.

Kind of losing my focus so going to just mention a few off the top of my head and then the major villains.

Vae: Your commitment to your passion of criminal hunting was legendary heh. I enjoyed the interactions we had.

Gruntner: Thanks for showing the courage to face evil when it meant doing the greater good. I wouldn't have taken Morius' challenge had I not seen you do it first. I'll be sure to drink some of the beer from the Loch on my next character in your honor.

Antaluvion: Thanks for showing me around a bit. It was fun getting to interact with you and learn about the shadows from you.

Dhrak: DHRAKORC! You were so much fun! I will forever love Vindorc as a nickname and can't thank you enough for all the awesome times.

Ok now for my foes:

Tegerek. The Avatar of Rage. Good. God. You were terrifying. I got so worked up every time you were online because I knew I was going to chase you and it was going to be scary heh. I had so much fun trying to fight you one on one. The one time I got you was because I used a new tactic. During Morius' christmas thing they gave me the edge that made my stalks work more for combat. So I stalked you like 9 times and then tranced and HOLY CRAP did it make a difference heh. Thanks so much for finding ways to make Dhrak go do something else so we could duke it out one on one. You rock man.

Sylvari: Nothing personal! I just had to teach you that Sin was... well a sin heh. I never did manage to get you. I liked that you were just sort of... annoyed with me and annoying to me heh. Made for an interesting dynamic.

Xorkiuth: I enjoyed our fights. We were even last we fought one and one. I get the feeling your character was old when I first showed up so it was hopefully a little refreshing to you to have a 'bad guy' that wasn't afraid to mix it up. I'd usually hit you up about a fight on my lunch break so by the time we'd be able to I had to log off. Sorry about that when it would cost you time in explore areas.

To everyone else: You were important to me. Leave a message and I'll reply. I can think of several more names just off the top of my head but not well enough to make a heartfelt response till I see your name and have time to focus on it. And last of all, Thank you everyone. This community is what makes this game. You all make it fun and interesting and you have brought joy to me these past six months. I'll be sticking around this time don't worry it just might be a little bit before the next one. As always,

See you in the fields.

Admund (Anonymous)Sat 09-May-20 04:43 PM
Charter member
#138944, "RE: So long and thanks for all the fish."
In response to Reply #4

Man I really liked Vindelph! A great character that stuck out of the rest. I loved it every time you popped in for a chat, but I remember fondly talking to you about Honor in particular. Too bad we couldn't have more of that.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. It takes a long time to settle back from those things. Take your time, and when you are ready we will be still here for another go.

MoriusMon 04-May-20 08:38 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2018
25 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138924, "We had our disagreements."
In response to Reply #0

Your greater virtues is such a pesky perspective in the face of something more valuable like my sins. But I enjoyed our conflict.

ShandaeSat 09-May-20 03:22 PM
126 posts
#138941, "RE: We had our disagreements."
In response to Reply #3

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for making it interesting and creating a dynamic for me that you made into a fantastic experience.

Cexonza (Anonymous)Sat 02-May-20 12:44 PM
Charter member
#138911, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Vindelph Constillian the Dai Sen..."
In response to Reply #0

I really, really liked Vindelph. He was a lot of fun and also seemed very real, in that his motivations seemed to be deeper that the typical CF good v bad/ order v chaos equation. We had some good chats, and you made me see some things in a different light.

GLWYN

ShandaeSat 09-May-20 03:23 PM
126 posts
#138942, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Vindelph Constillian the Dai Sen..."
In response to Reply #2

As I posted in my big goodbye just now, Cexonza was such a major influence in the course of my life. You're character was someone that would make me (and Vindelph) smile just at the thought of. Thank you for everything.

IshuliSat 02-May-20 11:15 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#138909, "Great job."
In response to Reply #0

The whole kickmaster thing was cool, and your character seemed to make honor a primary concern in a lot of things throughout. I very much liked Vindelph, and you seemed to bring a lot of fun to a lot of folks.

Nice job!

I want people to see the affection you got in the discord, so I'm posting other peoples' comments here:

From Rahs: I loved Vindelph and I'm so happy that you had fun. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hope to see you back when you can find joy (and, sure, occasional frustration and hatred and anger) in this game again.

From Apex: great job on Vindelph. I always looked forward to our next interaction. Sometimes things in life suck. We are here if you want to chat.

From radical curtain: Yeah, I enjoyed Vindelph. You know, we ranked up in parallell when I played Antaluvion. It seemed you solo-ranked all the way, or at least you never wanted to learn with me. I stopped asking after a while. Completely enjoyable persona though once I got to know you. Also here on Discord. I think you have a friendly attitude that balances out the occasional salt whenever looting is discussed :slight_smile: I am sorry to hear about your friend. Good job with Vindelph, and thank you for your friendly attitude here.

From bell: Vindelph was great.

From Gvantulak: Yeah well done there, most assasins didn't beat me outside a cabal. I really enjoyed Vindorc, since you were not afraid to throw down.

From Kors: Great character

-Ish

ShandaeSat 09-May-20 03:25 PM
126 posts
#138943, "RE: Great job."
In response to Reply #1

Thank you so much for showing the Discord Love. And for all that you do. As far as in-character Vindelph was neutral and arial so he tended to be more aloof. So he was genuinely confused about how you made him so... logical, when in your presence. Thanks for all the interactions. Vindelph was actually sad when I logged back in and saw your quill you made me had poofed. He had Pride in his collection of Imm-based goods (Mostly liquor lol).

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138905 Previous topic | Next topic