Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Jaane the Hand of the Unseen" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138833
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-Apr-20 05:10 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138833, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Jaane the Hand of the Unseen"

Thu Apr 23 17:06:28 2020

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Jaane perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:104

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked Jaane the Man, Ryo (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 04:28 PM, #12
Reply Sorry to see you go, Deiramor (Anonymous), 25-Apr-20 07:57 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks., Jaane (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 10:12 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks., Jaane (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 10:26 AM, #3
          Reply You're good., Deiramor (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 11:06 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Thanks., OrcDude (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 11:01 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Thanks., Angaph (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 11:50 AM, #6
          Reply This wasn't my first poisoner. It is however my first s..., Jaane (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 11:55 AM, #7
               Reply RE: This wasn't my first poisoner. It is however my fir..., Angaph (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 12:01 PM, #8
                    Reply I know it's not intended to that way., Jaane (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 01:33 PM, #11
          Reply Our Interactions, Eybaen (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 12:30 PM, #9
               Reply Sorry for giving you such a hard time.,, Jaane (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 01:30 PM, #10

Ryo (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 04:28 PM
Charter member
#138868, "I liked Jaane the Man"
In response to Reply #0

A fun spin on a goodie! Enjoyed our interactions.

(Always toyed with the idea of making a poisoner, but sounds like it may be a bit buggy at the moment?)

Deiramor (Anonymous)Sat 25-Apr-20 07:57 PM
Charter member
#138847, "Sorry to see you go"
In response to Reply #0

I was a big fan. It was nice to have a character around with such a different worldview. I hope you had fun at least, I know poisons was a big disappointment.

Jaane (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 10:12 AM
Charter member
#138856, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #1

The Fortress always tends to hivemind around what's being enforced at the time. Which makes for an incredibly boring time in the cabal. I just miss the days when there was hard conflict between the Maran and Acolytes. You know....how it should be with two completely opposing views on how the war against evil should be fought. Instead we have Acolytes and Acolyte with Maran powers.

To anyone who dealt with my three meltdowns I'm sorry. I've never done that more than once on much longer lived characters. There is a reason for it but it's one of those personal reasons. It is also why I'm not claiming this character.

Poisoner path should be blatantly avoided by anyone unless they are using it as an RP segway. IF I had gone down the Thug path things would of been wildly different.

Oh by the way I loved the massively OOC attempts of trying to call me a powergamer in game. Just seems when someone doesn't like your RP they look for way for you to be a griefer or see you as ####ty. I was ####ty due to the meltdowns but not from a breaking RP for powergaming reasons.

Jaane (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 10:26 AM
Charter member
#138858, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #2

Meant to put most of that is a different post. It wasn't directed at you

Deiramor (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 11:06 AM
Charter member
#138861, "You're good."
In response to Reply #3

Sticking to your rp guns was nice to see and it all seemed character driven to me. I never considered it anything but that, for what its worth. Not everyone needs to toe the party line.

OrcDude (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 11:01 AM
Charter member
#138859, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #2

Liked Jaane. Willing to risk it for the biscuit.

One time when Jaane came back to corpse she full sac'd herself and deleted. Then saw her the next day. Weird but funny.

Fun to play with. Come serve orc.

Angaph (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 11:50 AM
Charter member
#138862, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #2

Just my opinion, I think you may be underestimating the effectiveness of poisoners and overestimating the effectiveness of thugs. At hero, at least. That said, it probably is true that a wider range of players have the tools/knowledge needed to maximize a thug than have the tools/knowledge needed to maximize a poisoner.

The scariest thing about poisoners, to me, is the fairly long duration on knockout poison. This is especially true if the poisoner is willing to gang and consistently has allies online who are willing to oblige. Even ignoring the possibility of calling in a gang, the duration makes it so the poisoner has plenty of time to steal what he wants and apply maledictions and and buff himself. With blackjack, by comparison, there's just not enough time to do all of that.

The added duration also makes it more likely some of the target's affects expire. Flight, sanc, martial trance, etc.

Of course, if your enemy also consistently has allies online then that somewhat neuters the utility of long-duration knockout.

Jaane (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 11:55 AM
Charter member
#138863, "This wasn't my first poisoner. It is however my first s..."
In response to Reply #6

Using level 76 poisons netted 2 out of 30 knock out attempts being successful. I know exactly how nasty poison can be...if they work. Which for right now they are the worst option for knock outs. I was using weapon butt black jack because it had a higher chance. Mind control poison and fear poison on inhaled worked about 60% of the time so I'm not sure what was going wrong.

I had inhaled almost mastered. Basically trying to knock people out with inhaled knock outs got me killed more than anything so I just stopped. Playing a poisoner preresistance changes is night and day to current.

Angaph (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 12:01 PM
Charter member
#138864, "RE: This wasn't my first poisoner. It is however my fir..."
In response to Reply #7

2 out of 30 makes me think something else was going on. Either a bug, or something you were doing wrong. Or, possibly, some weird countermeasure your enemies were deploying. It seems highly unlikely that skill was intended to succeed only 6.6% of the time.

Jaane (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 01:33 PM
Charter member
#138867, "I know it's not intended to that way."
In response to Reply #8

After making this character I started digging through the forum to see if something was amiss. Found a few posts about including something Umi said stating that there might be an issue somewhere in the code but there is just too much nonsense to go through to find or fix the issue. I had been talking to another player before making this character and basically told them they were full of ####. When they said knock out poison was one of the worst. Turns out I was wrong.

Eybaen (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 12:30 PM
Charter member
#138865, "Our Interactions"
In response to Reply #2

I will say this. I as a player never took any of our interactions in a negative manner. I thought the RP between our characters was great, and I hope you saw where I as Eybaen was coming from. At no point did I as a player feel you did anything wrong, but as Eybaen I was hoping to save Jaane from a path that I had already walked. I don't think I ever saw a melt down from you or at least if I did I did not take it as such. I was disappointed to see Jaane delete. I for a long while never knew what I was going to get from Jaane at any given moment. Jaane provided me some of my best character to character interactions as Eybaen.

I think the character was a solid character from my perspective. I liked Jaane. Good luck with your next!

Jaane (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 01:30 PM
Charter member
#138866, "Sorry for giving you such a hard time.,"
In response to Reply #9

I know that path is rough. Jaane was intended to turn evil eventually so you weren't too far off. I lost my temper on Thozur and Faymiina.

Jaane had a hard set belief that you should kill to protect yourself. In his eyes if you refused to he considered you weak enough to treat as someone needing protecting. If you ever killed him it would make him respect you. He was waiting to see which would happen.It's related to that incident but not due to your character's actions.

I do hope you keep going

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138833 Previous topic | Next topic