Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138410
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 22-Feb-20 03:55 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138410, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre"

Sat Feb 22 14:50:04 2020

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Izratulah perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:120

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre, Itz (Anonymous), 23-Feb-20 09:12 AM, #3
Reply Late Bloomer, mackle, 03-Mar-20 08:13 PM, #5
     Reply It's not imm-selected., Ishuli, 03-Mar-20 08:21 PM, #6
          Reply RE: It's not imm-selected., mackle, 03-Mar-20 08:39 PM, #7
          Reply Yeah, nah., Izra (Anonymous), 03-Mar-20 09:08 PM, #8
               Reply Obviously there's more to it than just skills, leader p..., Cointreau, 03-Mar-20 09:34 PM, #9
               Reply Captain Obvious to the rescue! (nt), Izra (Anonymous), 03-Mar-20 10:22 PM, #10
               Reply Dice rolls can be crazy., Bell, 03-Mar-20 10:39 PM, #11
               Reply You are wrong here, buddy, clnt2020, 04-Mar-20 01:00 AM, #12
               Reply You are making yourself look stupid, incognito, 04-Mar-20 01:14 AM, #13
               Reply Still false., Ishuli, 04-Mar-20 07:20 PM, #14
                    Reply You can avoid stat loss, incognito, 05-Mar-20 03:30 AM, #15
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre, the other necro (Anonymous), 23-Feb-20 02:10 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre, Izra (Anonymous), 23-Feb-20 05:54 AM, #2
          Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre, Llyion (Anonymous), 23-Feb-20 12:55 PM, #4

Itz (Anonymous)Sun 23-Feb-20 09:12 AM
Charter member
#138426, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

Sad. Told you not to hurry, but you didn't listen. No, late bloomer won't increase your chances (as I believe) - it will, actually, decrease them because you'll have less hours left.

And you should accept my offer, it would be a different story now.

Liked what I've seen - good luck with your next!

mackleTue 03-Mar-20 08:13 PM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138513, "Late Bloomer"
In response to Reply #3

Ginni took late bloomer and got 70 base with 190 hours. Which is a higher base than many that take it >240 hours suggesting late bloomer helps.

It looks like this guy tried to replicate similar thing taking late bloomer and starting quest at old age.

70 less hours though, no leader, but base drops from 70 to 5?

I have always suspected that the base is just imm selected, not coded. This is why it takes 3 days (gives time to discuss I guess). That's how long it takes humans to do things. If it was coded, it would just happen straight away.

My last necro got 3% base so I know your pain man, I won't be trying anymore myself.

IshuliTue 03-Mar-20 08:21 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#138514, "It's not imm-selected."
In response to Reply #5

It's coded based on a bunch of factors. Imms have had no hand in touching any of the mummy chances I've seen while I've been around.

-Ish

mackleTue 03-Mar-20 08:39 PM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
#138515, "RE: It's not imm-selected."
In response to Reply #6

Thanks Ish.

Code must be complicated to give such bizarre outcomes.

Izra (Anonymous)Tue 03-Mar-20 09:08 PM
Charter member
#138517, "Yeah, nah."
In response to Reply #6

Karchammadel:
- Provincial Magistrate
- Started quest at 204 hours
- Perfect spell list
- Base chance 20

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=62566&mesg_id=62566&page=1

Ginni:
- Provincial Magistrate
- Started quest at 175 hours
- Perfect spell List
- Base chance 70

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=64067&mesg_id=64067&page=1

Let's cut the crap. There is immortal involvement in the base chance somewhere between character creation and incubation success.

I suspect all necromancers start out with -50 base chance and that chance is removed for characters that Immortals like. Similar to ageing where you lose -2 in stats but if an Immortal likes you, you only lose -1. It's a great way to ensure that players you despise, like me, never get that chance to play a mummy

CointreauTue 03-Mar-20 09:34 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138518, "Obviously there's more to it than just skills, leader p..."
In response to Reply #8

Nt

Izra (Anonymous)Tue 03-Mar-20 10:22 PM
Charter member
#138519, "Captain Obvious to the rescue! (nt)"
In response to Reply #9

Gr

BellTue 03-Mar-20 10:39 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2005
100 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138520, "Dice rolls can be crazy."
In response to Reply #8

Have you ever had any hobbies that involved rolling dice in a more analog fashion? I've been really amazed, in both small and large sample sizes, at what sort of crazy results dice rolls can produce.

clnt2020Wed 04-Mar-20 01:00 AM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
#138524, "You are wrong here, buddy"
In response to Reply #8

If one 6 would be involved, they would touch not the base chance, but the result. And you would still sure with base chance 90, and your roll 91.

Skills, spells, hours, old age, leader position - it's far from all the factors.

Think of immexp, role expo, exploration points, observation points, commerce exp, cabal expo, number of retrivials, pks, gang-o-meter and probably one hundred more factora that we don't know about.

incognitoWed 04-Mar-20 01:14 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138525, "You are making yourself look stupid"
In response to Reply #8

The imms spelled out exactly how the age stat loss works. It doesn't directly involve them.

I don't believe mummy does either, although they can adjust chances, but it logs that. For example, why bump my chars base to 85, when they could have made it 100? I would have been the first mummy, which could justify it, and the imms liked the character. Instead they left a significant chance to die and I took it.

IshuliWed 04-Mar-20 07:20 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#138536, "Still false."
In response to Reply #8

It's a code that runs based on things about your character.

Nobody touched your chances.

There is no immortal involvement in your base chance outside of something potentially like immxp/roles.

In the entire time I've been an Imm, I have never once witnessed a mummy's chances be messed with.

I don't know anything about the aging thing, but I've never heard or witnessed anything about losing more or less stats - but that it's always the same.

-Ish

incognitoThu 05-Mar-20 03:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138548, "You can avoid stat loss"
In response to Reply #14

I can't remember the original post but it involved being involved at all stages of a character's life. Eg pk wins or deaths in the pk windows etc.

Think I've only had one character that benefited from it.

the other necro (Anonymous)Sun 23-Feb-20 02:10 AM
Charter member
#138420, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

guessing you got that trade done, but i also imagine even if you managed to have all spells perfected that was needed, you had at most around 40% chance. At 120 hours I do not believe it to be the case, likely closer to 20. I'm sorry man.

Izra (Anonymous)Sun 23-Feb-20 05:54 AM
Charter member
#138424, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre"
In response to Reply #1

Might have been okay if I was given provincial. Had the provost and former provincial Eithlenn recommend me for the job but for some reason Ish had other ideas

GL with your attempt!

Llyion (Anonymous)Sun 23-Feb-20 12:55 PM
Charter member
#138430, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Izratulah the Spectre"
In response to Reply #2

I really like Izratulah, hence I recommended you for Provincial. I've seen quite a few magistrates die from the Becoming. Two of them were Provincials and they still failed. I was glad to interact with you while you were around. Hope to see you around Thera. GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138410 Previous topic | Next topic