Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bearded..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138295
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 09-Feb-20 09:25 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138295, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bearded Bastard of War, Marshall of the Fortress"

Sun Feb 9 20:23:46 2020

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Gruntner perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:554

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..., Tronimal, 11-Feb-20 03:33 PM, #3
Reply Was waiting for your goodbye., Ysforgul (Anonymous), 11-Feb-20 11:49 PM, #4
Reply Ol' Grunting Gruntner, Panmorne, 12-Feb-20 12:35 PM, #5
Reply You were awesome-sauce, Illyria (Anonymous), 12-Feb-20 12:59 PM, #6
Reply Well done! , k-b, 12-Feb-20 01:02 PM, #7
Reply RE: Well done! , Tronimal, 12-Feb-20 01:10 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..., Ellainaraya (Anonymous), 12-Feb-20 02:28 PM, #9
Reply Nice char but Fort is tiresome, Dallevian, 12-Feb-20 03:38 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..., Antaluvion (Anonymous), 12-Feb-20 04:36 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..., Silvary (Anonymous), 10-Feb-20 11:41 AM, #2
Reply So long and thanks for all the fish, Vindelph (Anonymous), 10-Feb-20 10:15 AM, #1

TronimalTue 11-Feb-20 03:33 PM
Member since 03rd Apr 2016
75 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138316, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..."
In response to Reply #0

Alright this was my longest lived character to date. Also the funnest I have played. I was really shooting for age-death, but leader con made it painfully obvious I just didn't have enough time - or the energy to push another 150-250 hours. I'd accomplished almost every thing I set out to do with this character - or any character for that matter. Except Tiamat - and cracking that one place.. I am definitely going to forget to mention some people here - but all in all I had a great experience interacting with almost all of you and some of you over several characters. I managed a personal best for explore, and observation - and I spent some time intentionally farming it in my 30's. I will say getting 30k is tough, but for a long lived character, who generally wants to go everywhere and see everything they can - it's doable. I managed enough edgepoint checkboxes to take every edge I wanted and then some... maybe excepting bolt of glory?

Goodbyes:

Fortress

Antaluvion - man you were soooo great to have around. We explored and did some crazy stuff and damned if we didn't figure out more than most have of that place.. really stoked to see you get Marshall. I thought you totally deserved it.

Pohdtid - what a crazy ride. I started out not liking you at all for some reason. We butted heads about stuff during the fort exile days, and I just thought - there is no way we are getting along. I was totally wrong, and with some RP and adventures, you became Gruntners best friend. It's hard for me to fathom playing a healer and being basically pure support. You did a great job, and age died. We also did some absolutely insane PVE that I would have never managed we could pull off just the two of us. GLWYN.

Ellainaraya - You are just awesome. Love your RP, love your build, and just generally loved everything I saw from you. When you got Captain, it gave us a really interesting opprotunity to get close IC and have some good RP.

Aehwic - You old bastard. I loved everything about you, I hated your playtimes and I wanted you around WAY more. You showed me some great tricks that I still show other people since. Really knowledgable, top-notch RP, and deadly too! We had some 2v4's that I felt absolutely confident going into, because we were a FORCE!

Korsgaard - loved the exit celebration, generally LOVE dwarves, and playing dwarves. We didn't interact much but, as a non-follower, I think I helped more people try to finish your pathfinder quest, than just about anyone else I have met. I went through the whole thing, with at least 3 people... and not one of them managed to finish

Padwei - Well, love hate relationship here. It's nice for fort to have more representation, and you seem to be very active. We disagreed a ton IC - and I felt like I was always on the verge of screaming at my PC when we talked, but obviously there was something lost in translation through text, lol. We didn't agree on much, but I also knew there seemed to be a general desire to take Fort in a new direction, and I figured I just had to roll along.

Cabessudo - liked you, more RP! fun build, and nice ally to have around.

Alfoghurlin - Ugh, racking my brains for early influences but - Gruntner looked up to you, and loved having another dwarf around. Then all that IC stuff happened with Panmorne, and I think when I was asked to talk to you - you took it too hard. I did appreciate getting that sweeet set at level 40, but I was bummed you didn't stick it out. You came up alot at various points in Gruntners life.

Outlander

Cexonza - Gruntner had a tenous relationship with Sel and felt really sorry for him. We didn't interact alot pre-Sel death, but I felt like when Sel asked me to make sure you knew what happened and his love for you, that I was obligated to try and pass the message on. That was a good place for us to figure out a way to be friends without the 'you are a dwarf!' outlander hate. Also, I think you helped with Thervryn when the nightwalkers attacked Fort. Which Gruntner appreciated!

Thevryn (sp?) - liked you alot. And you also withheld your dwarf hatred after we met and interacted some. Great Harbinger.

Tribunal/Scion

Aztezul - man, I hate hate hate hate hated you. Kudo's on making our rivalry a crazy painting/art/propaganda war though. You were too tough to fight on Trib terms, and too many people with you to really fight back. Plus my immediate call for War with the Spire when you got Provost, was completely denied by Padwei. There seems to be a very general vested interest in Fort NOT being criminals, or fighting in town. From an IC perspective, Gruntner agreed with that. From an OOC perspective - it was infuriating. What happened to the badass Maran of old who gave evil no quarter. It wasn't necessarily a personal preference or choice - but handling it IC with immortal leadership was generally met with a resounding 'NO'. So.. yeah. You were a badass and that damn Banshee... I did reaaaaaaally look forward to catching you one on one and having a good fight, you just genuinely didn't seem interested without a gangdown buddy.

Battle

Noone in specific but.. Gruntner had generally good relationships with all of you, probably because I prayed to Panmorne and just genuinely jived with the soldier and army RP. I did REALLY enjoy the commander Wol... ahh the svirf thief trapper guy. Fantastic RP! Really knowledgeable. Probably forgetting some other mentions here..

Empire

Graitel - man, you are an amazingly classy and competant PKer. Our fights were some of my funnest. I loved your RP, and could tell that you put out a great effort, despite maybe being ESL? Loved that you got some time as Emperor and just genuinely liked everything about this character

Oniflond - fantastic RP, when I sat down and listened to your story. Realllllly impressed. And damnit did you have my number... esspecially you and Tegerek. Also.. good god how many times did I forget my aura was about to fall and engage you!

Ysforgul - man you are a beast, and you keep trucking. REALLY good escape artist. LOVED our fights. Skilled giant can be realllllly scary with swords. Made for a really fun rivalry.

Silvari - love a good shaman nemesis, and you filled in after Graitel died. Really slippery! Good RP, and genuinely enjoyed our interactions.

Angaph - about as classy as they come for thieves. never got to interact much in conversation, but enjoyed our fights and you not stealing my pies to the nines..

Entropy

Gilversplitz - you were amazing, and I wish I had spent more of my early hours trying to interact. That trip to the one place was fun, and I think we cracked some major things that a few of us were struggling with.. still the mystery unsolved. Top notch RP, long lived and just genuinely fun for the game. Kudos.

and finally..

Panmorne! - Man, you are just an amazing interaction all around. I LOVE your RP, and I felt like your sense of humor was just.. it helped make Gruntner everything I envisioned when I rolled him and then some. I stopped by alot, because I just genuinely enjoyed our banter, and it really helped make Gruntner what he was. All the times you had me be a hardass to some other follower... just, laughs all around. Can't thank you enough for the time you invested in me, and the cool experiences I had along the way. Thanks again!

I'm sure I forgot a ton here but.. thanks again everyone! Legendary experience for me!

Ysforgul (Anonymous)Tue 11-Feb-20 11:49 PM
Charter member
#138320, "Was waiting for your goodbye."
In response to Reply #3

Great job! Outstanding character. Great rp, very dangerous, and a huge force multiplier. I very much enjoyed the rivalry we had going on as well.

I shall miss you. Good luck with whatever your next is.

PanmorneWed 12-Feb-20 12:35 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138322, "Ol' Grunting Gruntner"
In response to Reply #3

That trail goes both ways, you bearded bastard! Had a swell time interacting with you, and I sure as hell liked seeing how Gruntner evolved over time. I was never shy of prodding at you to do better, or shoving my work on you. Hell, what else is the youth for if not making them do the work to save my old bones, eh? Never minded you coming by since we always had a dandy ol’ time.
I was full on laughing like a madman the few times I had you bullying some folks, specially where you were pretending to be offended by them. Funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen!
Big praise you’ll get from me as Gruntner is that you came across like a stubborn war focused dwarf. You didn’t act like a ninny when others were being ninnies, you didn’t bend to others’ feelings, and you stuck to your damned fine guns. If a dwarf ain’t stubborn, he ain’t a dwarf! And you sure as hell were one.
Course I’m sad you deleted, but I’m glad as hell you had a grand time cause I sure did too. I’ll pour a drink on your grave, cheers!

Illyria (Anonymous)Wed 12-Feb-20 12:59 PM
Charter member
#138323, "You were awesome-sauce"
In response to Reply #3

Really made the crotchety war-dwarf come alive. Great job on that one, and good luck with your next.

Roar.

k-bWed 12-Feb-20 01:02 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#138324, "Well done! "
In response to Reply #3

I said enough in Leitha's goodbye, so I'll just say congrats on living so long and influencing the game as much as you did.

TronimalWed 12-Feb-20 01:10 PM
Member since 03rd Apr 2016
75 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138325, "RE: Well done! "
In response to Reply #7

Oh gosh, I knew I left some important people out! Sorry, Leitha was a BIG impact on Gruntner for a while. We had a really great burdgeoning RP thing going on, with Rahm, the mask, and you. I know how frustrated you were (and trust me, OOC so was I), I was bummed we didn't get to work on all that more in game before you deleted, and Gruntner considered Leitha his opposite, and better half. Amazing job, and - honestly, the current Fort policies and 'direction' kinda screwed your character. We'll just have to wait for Shokai to come back and take the reigns again I guess....

Ellainaraya (Anonymous)Wed 12-Feb-20 02:28 PM
Charter member
#138326, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..."
In response to Reply #3

So solid! Really, really well done.

I too was happy we got to RP and interact more. I really enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing you logged in. Gruntner was such a good character. It sucked you had enough and “retired” but as a player I understand.

Have fun with the next!

DallevianWed 12-Feb-20 03:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#138327, "Nice char but Fort is tiresome"
In response to Reply #3

there really needs to be an actual Maran imm to offset Padwei. Terrible in-char decisions led and bred an awful experience for the mud while Aztezul and crew were city-sitting and rolling 6 deep in evil ganks.

I liked Gruntner and thought you did a good job. Anluwar obviously looked down on you and your decisions (elf muter Outlander), seeing you as weak and almost complicit in the rise of evil.

Good job tho, you brought some fun to CF and many chars.

Antaluvion (Anonymous)Wed 12-Feb-20 04:36 PM
Charter member
#138328, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..."
In response to Reply #3

I don't normally post as an active character but you were outstanding and the single greatest influence for Antaluvion. You oozed personality and warmth, and I saw you as a mentor. I knew if both of us were on there would be adventures.

You left some huge shoes to fill, but when it's time it's time. You are a player who lifts up CF. Good luck with your next one!

Silvary (Anonymous)Mon 10-Feb-20 11:41 AM
Charter member
#138299, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gruntner Grudgebringer the Bea..."
In response to Reply #0

You'll be missed. Loved our interractions. You had courage but as well knew when to stop. Never managed to slay you alone, and I think I would never could. Props and good luck. Hope to see you in the fields again.

Your High priestess.

Vindelph (Anonymous)Mon 10-Feb-20 10:15 AM
Charter member
#138298, "So long and thanks for all the fish"
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed our interactions. The only reason Vindelph had the courage to take Morius' gamble was seeing you do it. How did the "Old Wound" affect you after that any ways? Was it fun to work around?

When you brought up my "hidden stash of immortal beer" I was kind of surprised that it had gathered a reputation but it made me smile heh. I'll make sure to drink some Hearty Brews from the Loch in your honor. Extremely well done and good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138295 Previous topic | Next topic