Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Osalia Stonesinger the Spreader o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138271
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 06-Feb-20 10:40 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138271, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Osalia Stonesinger the Spreader of Pestilence"

Thu Feb 6 09:35:03 2020

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Osalia perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:188

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Disgusted, Osalia (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 01:09 PM, #1
     Reply Sad, Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 02:00 PM, #2
     Reply I liked your character a lot too, Osalia (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 04:40 PM, #7
          Reply Maybe..., Itz (Anonymous), 07-Feb-20 01:16 AM, #10
     Reply Huh..., Vindelph (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 02:06 PM, #3
     Reply I was not a Morian, Osalia (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 04:47 PM, #8
     Reply Really curious what your definition of general doucheba..., TJHuron, 06-Feb-20 02:53 PM, #4
     Reply Based on contextual clues, Shandae, 06-Feb-20 03:46 PM, #5
     Reply Here's a list, Osalia (Anonymous), 06-Feb-20 04:35 PM, #6
          Reply I suspect I know who you're talking about , Cointreau, 06-Feb-20 08:28 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Here's a list, Sylvari (Anonymous), 07-Feb-20 03:47 AM, #11
               Reply I liked you, Osalia (Anonymous), 07-Feb-20 07:33 PM, #12
     Reply Do not act like a sheep., Krata (Anonymous), 25-Feb-20 09:20 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Do not act like a sheep., Shandae, 25-Feb-20 10:24 AM, #14
          Reply lol, Relio, 25-Feb-20 11:14 AM, #15
          Reply From "Help Perma", Shandae, 25-Feb-20 01:35 PM, #17
          Reply No. Really, no, incognito, 25-Feb-20 01:15 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Do not act like a sheep., incognito, 25-Feb-20 03:09 PM, #18

Osalia (Anonymous)Thu 06-Feb-20 01:09 PM
Charter member
#138273, "Disgusted"
In response to Reply #0

I loved playing this character. But then I was reminded of why I left the game. Selective logging, and general douchery.

Don't mind dying. I died multiple times. Can't be bothered to put up with a douchebag though.

Morius, sorry to delete. I enjoyed all the attention even though it got me killed more than once!

Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous)Thu 06-Feb-20 02:00 PM
Charter member
#138274, "Sad"
In response to Reply #1

Really really sad, liked you!

Loved our talks, liked you as an enemy. I was afraid of your sleep attempts, always been careful when you were around.

Tried to keep you from deleting, but you didn't want to listen. About douchery, all things were returned to you, so you can't complain about it, and we were as much nice as possible for the imperials. I would fight you one on one, you know! But that's a game, and people DO gang, especially dangerous enemies such as you were.

Also sad that instead of becoming a leader and mking scions great again you went rage deleting.

Anyways, chill, and good luck with your next!

Osalia (Anonymous)Thu 06-Feb-20 04:40 PM
Charter member
#138279, "I liked your character a lot too"
In response to Reply #2

And I appreciated that you didn't kill me as often as you could have done. If you are willing, I would like to see the logs of you killing me that time Beru got my weapon, because I missed what was causing the fear at the time, and the log where I managed to successfully retrieve against you. Barely!

I think I can recognise you as a player too but it is a much more positive recognition!

Itz (Anonymous)Fri 07-Feb-20 01:16 AM
Charter member
#138282, "Maybe..."
In response to Reply #7

I don't post logs of the active characters, if post at all... I'll try to post when I'll be gone, but can't promise. Sorry!

Vindelph (Anonymous)Thu 06-Feb-20 02:06 PM
Charter member
#138275, "Huh..."
In response to Reply #1

Had no idea you were a Morian. Was always excited to see where you went since that conversation we had at the Inn. The whole gnome thing had me very intrigued lol. Sorry it got frustrating and hope you find something you enjoy playing for your next.

Osalia (Anonymous)Thu 06-Feb-20 04:47 PM
Charter member
#138280, "I was not a Morian"
In response to Reply #3

Not yet, anyway. Although I was starting to warm up to my character's gluttony.

Morius was the Scion imm though so I interacted with him in connection with Scion. It was pretty cool if you like your god to feel evil. Osalia was very conflicted about him though and it wasn't clear to me which way things would go yet. Her interactions with god's generally had something bad happen even if it wasn't the god's plan. I died twice interacting with Morius, although the second time was just a bad teleport when I was trying to avoid a long walk to where he was. I also got sent a dream by another God and ended up accidentally iceballing their shrine guardian when I was trying to see what the mob I couldn't see looked like.

I was hoping to get to know your character better because of our lowbie conversations, but I was too busy trying to painfully rank.

TJHuronThu 06-Feb-20 02:53 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138276, "Really curious what your definition of general doucheba..."
In response to Reply #1

There’s always going to be “that guy” but overall I think the player base seems to have pretty good sportsmanship.

Are you pissed people destroyed your unholy?

That’s going to happen with an A-P. Live with it. It comes with the territory and isn’t people being D-bags.

Are you mad about ganging?

Again, part of the game not people being D-bags. Especially when you play a relatively lone wolf character (scion).

Did you get full looted repeatedly?

I’d be pissed about this, sure. Full loots happen still. But for some reason they tend to happen to some people more than others. Not sure why that is though.

Did people go OOC to you or just taunt you in general without RPing?

This would be pretty douchy but again. My experience is most of the PB RPs pretty well these days.

Something else?

Generally curious what you think qualifies as general douchebaggery.

ShandaeThu 06-Feb-20 03:46 PM
Member since 11th Nov 2019
126 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138277, "Based on contextual clues"
In response to Reply #4

I'd assume there was a certain player well known for their PK ability involved and probably repeated (within the same log-in and timeframe) PK's.

Osalia (Anonymous)Thu 06-Feb-20 04:35 PM
Charter member
#138278, "Here's a list"
In response to Reply #4

But first let me say that:
No, it isn't about losing a weapon. Is already lost 3 (one to a gang, one to accidentally despoiling my container which had the souls in which sucked most because all my preps went too, one to a loot by someone who wasn't involved in the fight). All of which I was happy to suck up and have an ic rivalry, because they all rp'd with me and didn't seem to be doing anything that looked against the rules.

No, it isn't about ganging. I'd been ganged before but I don't have a problem being ganged unless those ganging only gang, even when they have the upper hand already.

So, I'd noticed something odd about a character's appearances when they were a lowbie and I was already high rank. They would appear to hang around cabals to loot, but not if there was anyone dangerous to them on. Then later, they would appear only if they had out of pk backup against certain combos. They would log on alone but not against someone that could realistically seal the kill on them.

Eventually I decided that I would give them a fight anyway, because I mistakenly assumed that the two classy imperials would probably not provide backup to his doucheness if asked. We fought, me eating mangles, him lower case damage. I ran to healer, healed a bit, re-engaged. Then took a beating again. Teleported, healed at a healer, recalled to continue the fight. He was waiting at my recall which is fine. I half expected that and I fully expected him to be at least near. Although I also know his log ins allow him to camp recalls as I recognise his tactics so can spot the player through characters. I get slept. Woken to a bash down party.

Nothing against the others because they do fight when it could go wrong for them. This guy only fights when it can't. That would be fine if it was not partly by selectively logging. No, I can't prove it, but I've seen it over the course of multiple characters of his now. Maybe I'm mistaken, but when it looks so wrong to me it's enough to make me not want to play.

There was also the fact that he looted something he couldn't use when the only person who could use it had already left it for me when I died to him. Sure, he was made to return stuff but he had to be made to. That just reinforced my impression that the guy is an ass.

I am well aware he probably views the rage delete as a victory because it removes a threat to him, and frees him up to hunt more freely. However, I expect he'll suffer from empty ranges if he keeps playing the way he does. And not because people can't take dying.

CointreauThu 06-Feb-20 08:28 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138281, "I suspect I know who you're talking about "
In response to Reply #6

They're also the reason I'm not playing.

Sylvari (Anonymous)Fri 07-Feb-20 03:47 AM
Charter member
#138283, "RE: Here's a list"
In response to Reply #6

From the point of view of your enemies, I don't know who are you speaking about. I took part in many hunts, some were against you, some were against many others, and I can't find anu such player within the current imperials I usually travel with. But may be I just miss something.

As about Osalia, I liked to see you around, you had guts. You always try to fight against ganging armies. As for me, I tried to focus on other, as long as it was possible for an imperial. I believe I didn't place kill on you. And honesty, I didn't want to. I am sure we need more players like you in the game.

GLWYN,
Your High priestess.

Osalia (Anonymous)Fri 07-Feb-20 07:33 PM
Charter member
#138284, "I liked you"
In response to Reply #11

Had no problem with anything you did. Had some funny situations with you though. First time we fought at the chasm I forgot to stop to learn worldbind at the guild, so was missing what might have been a useful tool. Completely my fault and I couldn't stop laughing about it even as you slowly kicked my ass.

Second time you and Darlof really messed me up badly. I had no idea what the wrack supp did until then, but it messed me up really badly for quite a long time. Minus 20 dex and -25 hit roll if I remember right, so right away I had no melee at all. I almost died to starvation because of it stopping me getting food out. When you two didn't take the sceptre after messing me up, I wondered whether it was because some of the bad supps messed you up too, or whether you just didn't feel like it.

You were a well played Morian too.

Krata (Anonymous)Tue 25-Feb-20 09:20 AM
Charter member
#138463, "Do not act like a sheep."
In response to Reply #1

Many years ago all i knew about you is that you cheat with NBM on qhcf.net reading other people's personal messages and speaking about IC things on OOC channel with him.

But then after one of my a-ps died and got looted well and lost most valuable eq, preps and big unholy i tried to cleave your drow a-p. Then teleported and went afk to rest. You used unknown for me at that time quest item to gate to me, killed me and full looted me with your mercenary. I barely had anything good at all, but you full looted me anyway even though we didn't contact with each other before that.

Ugh? Ok. I didn't cry like you do now, didn't blame you in anything. Just remembered that fact.

Few years later i got your Astina as Enukh. You never hide your active characters and write on the forums the way as if everybody knows who your character are. So i didn't mind taking your sash of black gauze, hunter's bracers and all somewhat valuable eq. Half of eq you wore was magical, had inventory full of potions and yet after you saw that heavy loot you pledged to battle in just few seconds.

Then i got your Osalia and got only 4-5 items - 2 spears, chainmail and something else. Would i take half of your eq again if Itzwhatever hasn't ordered not to loot much? No doubt yes. But i didn't and you deleted anyway.

Do not act like a sheep after you try to act almighty. You began it, you suffered from it and you gave up in the end because of it.

ShandaeTue 25-Feb-20 10:24 AM
126 posts
#138464, "RE: Do not act like a sheep."
In response to Reply #13

So you actively loot them because of something one of their previous characters did to one of your previous characters and you can tell who he is?

RelioTue 25-Feb-20 11:14 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#138465, "lol"
In response to Reply #14

He might be a ####, but at least he's not a sheep!

Baaaa--aaaa-aaaahh!!

ShandaeTue 25-Feb-20 01:35 PM
126 posts
#138474, "From "Help Perma""
In response to Reply #14

2) Treat everyone according to their IC merits. One simple way to
guarantee this is to not tell other people who you are playing.

Granted, I know for a fact people treat Shapa differently just because it's him, but it's not as blatant as looting someone because one of their characters years ago looted them.

This is just a caution. I usually stick up for you when people start complaining, but this sort of thing is immersion breaking and frankly I think you're better than that.

incognitoTue 25-Feb-20 01:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138473, "No. Really, no"
In response to Reply #13

Firstly, I never had the ability to read other people's private messages. Ironic that you should be accusing me of that when people took elements of mine out of context after reading them.

Secondly, I never gained ic advantage from NBM. The first we spoke on PM's was after we'd been trying to get in contact ic for weeks of not months. Other characters kept telling me he was trying to get hold of me. Eventually he guessed the character might be me and pm'd me to meet up. Same as imms do if you are trying and failing to make contact ic, except they use emails.

Shadow plane wise, he shared nothing with me for ages, until scarab told him to go ahead. After that we updated each other using the PM's instead of ic notes, and had a general chat about you. But we never tried to kill you together, or indeed anyone else.

Regarding the gate "quest" that you said at the time was a scarab power, I'd already used it to get to your corpse once when you died to me, before I did it and killed you again.

The Merc was not to full loot you. It was to take your mithril unholy, so I could find someone to hold it until I found another ap to leech it into a weapon I myself could leech. Everything else would have gone back to you, unless I happened to find glass eye bracelet among the stuff I told the Merc to grab.

incognitoTue 25-Feb-20 03:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138478, "RE: Do not act like a sheep."
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Tue 25-Feb-20 03:09 PM

Yes, you killed Astina when my link froze, which presumably you would know because after vanishing I just stood there while you crossed the entire area to me.

I never posted about that at all.

And Astina openly admitted she used magic. That's why I had magic stuff on me. I used to work with the Provost necro until I turned.

You presumably noticed that I drove you off multiple times even though I had to walk into your deadfall to get a fight with you, that I had no magic for any of those fights, and I wasn't a villager yet. I fought you over and over on your terms because otherwise you just sat in camo and wouldn't step out.

Same as I did with Chuta, where one of the fights you survived was because my link froze again and my second owaza didn't go in. You overcommitted and it would have finished you if it had. Again, I never posted.

Each character of yours I've treated as new. Krata I noticed before I knew it was you because of you hanging around cabals hoping to score a hero loot. Then later I realised that the person that does that is usually you. I would not have looted you heavily at all, because (a) I wasn't trying to with Sodsob -- I had the full corpse length decay timer to loot you the first time I killed you and didn't. I just tried to find someone to grab your unholy for me. And (b) because I don't full loot for ooc reasons, which inns have commented on you doing to others in the past.

I'll note too that I never pk'd with nvm even though we were same cabal. We only ever did one retrieval together against horrible odds (he died), one trip where he showed me how to get into shadow plane after scar said he could, and one trip together where I wanted to show him a new part I'd found and we all died horribly again. Whereas you and Ktats tried to gank me how many times?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138271 Previous topic | Next topic