Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Dhuzok the Legend of the Battlefield..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138003
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 05-Jan-20 04:25 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138003, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Dhuzok the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sun Jan 5 03:21:56 2020

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Dhuzok perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:127

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dhuzok the Legend of the Battlef..., Dhuzokj (Anonymous), 05-Jan-20 07:10 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dhuzok the Legend of the Battlef..., Nalasul, 05-Jan-20 09:19 AM, #2
     Reply Yeah, it was quick., Dhuzok (Anonymous), 05-Jan-20 11:16 AM, #3
     Reply A full saccing ganking non-rp'er?, incognito, 05-Jan-20 05:01 PM, #4
          Reply It's so unfortunate, IrishMidnight, 05-Jan-20 07:14 PM, #5
               Reply RE: It's so unfortunate, Cointreau, 05-Jan-20 08:26 PM, #6
                    Reply kek, robdarken_, 05-Jan-20 09:10 PM, #7
                         Reply Nailed it. n/t, Relio, 05-Jan-20 09:27 PM, #8

Dhuzokj (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jan-20 07:10 AM
Charter member
#138004, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dhuzok the Legend of the Battlef..."
In response to Reply #0

It was with mixed feelings that I deleted this character. On one hand, it was probably the most fun character I've ever played. On the other, the current environment in game is amongst the worst I've seen.

Having played a bunch of RBW in the recent past I wanted to try one of the other paths. Berserker is certainly stronger but people fear you (and rightfully so) and fights are harder to come by. As a Defender I was able to continuously stay in fights, people were much more willing to engage me and I generally had constant, action packed logins.

Dhuzok's role also came very naturally. I'm a bit of an IRL troll, so I just played that up with this character. As sphere Deception I was quite proud when many enemies stopped maladicting me after I told everyone I had Riddle. I also loved the banter with friends and foes alike.

Unfortunately despite having a super enjoyable character, I was not enjoying my log ins at all. I don't want to derail my farewell with why and I think most know anyway.

Nalasul: I created Dhuzok before you were announced, but when I saw your religion I thought he'd be a great fit. I'm sorry I didn't stick around to see it out, it genuinely seems like a really fun religion and I loved all our interactions. Thank you too for organising the Rites - I had a blast.

Panmorne: I've interacted with you across a series of Villagers and you're always top notch. Thank you as always.

Learielle: You are probably my favourite character of all time. Never have I had such a strong evolution in the relationship between another character before. I remember the day we met, it was obvious we did not like each other. I literally challenged you to a Circle fight within minutes of meeting. Over time and begin forced to fight side by side, we gradually developed into a mutual tolerance for each other. Finally in the end I think there was a deep level of respect, despite our Duergar / Elf relationship, and continued surface level banter. Good luck out there, you'll need it.

Tegerek: I fought you many times as both Morok and Dhuzok and have loved every moment of it. You gank, but that's fine you're an Orc, but most importantly you'll also come fight solo. Very skilled, very rough and very fun foe. Keep it up.

Teriplans: I just wish you'd interact with your enemies. I actively avoided you because it ruined my immersion. I also don't understand why you full sacced me either. Those fights with you were a ton of fun, even when we got you it was a super close fight - I wasn't joking when I said one song would've killed me. Then you had to go ruin that fun and potential future fights by saccing all my gear. I don't have much time to play games - that kind of behaviour makes me want to invest my gaming time elsewhere, which is what I'll likely do for a while.

To everyone else, thank you for helping make the game great. Feel free to respond and I will too.

NalasulSun 05-Jan-20 09:19 AM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
243 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138007, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dhuzok the Legend of the Battlef..."
In response to Reply #1

>Nalasul: I created Dhuzok before you were announced, but when
>I saw your religion I thought he'd be a great fit.

I wish I'd known about that Riddle thing. That's peak Nalasul!

I enjoyed Dhuzok. Wish you hadn't pulled the plug quite that quick, but I get the frustration.

Dhuzok (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jan-20 11:16 AM
Charter member
#138009, "Yeah, it was quick."
In response to Reply #2

I slogged through it for a long time as Morok during the Spire's power spike. When I started to experience the same challenges again as Dhuzok, only from another source, I was much quicker to pull the plug.

incognitoSun 05-Jan-20 05:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138010, "A full saccing ganking non-rp'er?"
In response to Reply #1

The reason why is probably that some people enjoy being ####s, and think that full saccing gives them the edge they need to allow them to continue to gank.

IrishMidnightSun 05-Jan-20 07:14 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138011, "It's so unfortunate"
In response to Reply #4

I'd be so happy if they quit CF altogether. If pk is your thing, sweet, but their heavy lack of anything RP bleeds through every character they play. If only they'd just go play some godwars based drivel instead. Le sigh

CointreauSun 05-Jan-20 08:26 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138012, "RE: It's so unfortunate"
In response to Reply #5

Listen. And understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

robdarken_Sun 05-Jan-20 09:10 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
374 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138013, "kek"
In response to Reply #6

That was good.

Too bad the CF stock of terminators are designed to avoid having too many PK deaths show up on their PBFs and only go after soft targets.

You know, because it's more impressive to be 80 - 1 by ganking or only going after mediocre opponents than it is to be 5 - 5 on the most challenging characters in the game.

RelioSun 05-Jan-20 09:27 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#138014, "Nailed it. n/t"
In response to Reply #7

ask

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138003 Previous topic | Next topic