Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Brenisur the Heroine of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137777
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 01-Dec-19 04:30 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137777, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Brenisur the Heroine of Faith"

Sun Dec 1 15:28:48 2019

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Brenisur perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:58

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KorsgaardSun 01-Dec-19 09:14 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137779, "Sad Korsgaard"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go!

incognitoMon 02-Dec-19 04:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137781, "Sorry"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 02-Dec-19 04:32 AM

I basically got myself trapped in this weird cycle where I need to play a different (durable) character during the periods when I play from my phone (my early evening -- usually if I play during my day it's from my laptop).

At lower and medium level I can just about get away with playing a character like Brenisur during those evening times. But once I hit hero range and people are more mobile, I just can't keep up with my tiny keyboard and slow connection. So I start a new character as a lowbie. Then that character end up higher rank and I have a clash again. As Astina changed to counter the that of the mummy, so this character was rolled to face the same threat. But with another lowbie in the works I wanted to try to get back to just playing one character, so deleted both hero range characters.

I very much liked your religion and will be back one day, but only when I can really do it justice (ie when I'm not dealing with a dodgy keyboard and connection).

The champion of life path was interesting, and definitely the best fit for the character. Lifebind did less damage per round than I expected it to, and had much shorter duration than I expected, but was handy nonetheless. Searing ward was a double edged sword. Very powerful in many ways but also very inconvenient. Being unable to sleep effectively while it is damaging mobs is frustrating. Luminous assault seems amazing, but almost resulted in a good align kill as O forgot it didn't just hurt undead and extraplanar creatures; I used it against a mass of nightwalkers and hit an elf in the room. In all the spam I nearly killed the elf before realising something was wrong. And then I had the choice of fleeing (leaving my groupmate alone against a pile of nightwalkers) or staying (dooming the elf, probably). I was lucky that my groupmate was paladin and thus able to stand without me.

incognitoMon 02-Dec-19 04:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137782, "As a more general comment re interactions these days"
In response to Reply #2

I've now had followers of Einoh, you, and Ergush, plus interactions with Panmorne and Daphedee, and I really rate you all.

In the old days some of the interactions felt very forced but I don't find that with you guys.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137777 Previous topic | Next topic