Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Broag the Fearless" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137747
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Nov-19 03:05 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137747, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Broag the Fearless"

Thu Nov 28 14:01:57 2019

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Broag perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:165

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Big cloud bastard., Panmorne, 29-Nov-19 12:35 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, that's the reason I deleted, Broag (Anonymous), 29-Nov-19 03:47 PM, #2
          Reply So you wouldn't wear fishnet stockings!, Cointreau, 29-Nov-19 04:16 PM, #3
          Reply lol. No. n/t, Lhydia, 29-Nov-19 04:34 PM, #4
          Reply Fighting ragers gets real old real fast., k-b, 29-Nov-19 07:56 PM, #5
               Reply He is super delusional. Disregard most of his post beca..., Lhydia, 29-Nov-19 08:10 PM, #6
               Reply Familiar sounding argument, incognito, 30-Nov-19 05:07 AM, #7
               Reply Ahh, one of the bandwagoners when the Spire was strong, Broag (Anonymous), 30-Nov-19 09:44 PM, #8
                    Reply Calm down dude, your char was great., scr, 01-Dec-19 01:42 AM, #10
                    Reply I never fought you with a Trib. =) n/t, Lhydia, 01-Dec-19 09:16 AM, #12
               Reply Yes, I'm very familiar with mages mobility..., Broag (Anonymous), 30-Nov-19 09:55 PM, #9
                    Reply Yeah, I hear you., k-b, 01-Dec-19 03:05 AM, #11
                         Reply Didn’t you play Onya? n/t, Lhydia, 01-Dec-19 09:20 AM, #13
                              Reply What an interesting statement., k-b, 01-Dec-19 02:57 PM, #14
                              Reply kb projecting again (nt), Bemused, 01-Dec-19 05:16 PM, #15
                              Reply I liked Onya for what it's worth, lasentia, 02-Dec-19 07:13 AM, #16

PanmorneFri 29-Nov-19 12:35 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137753, "Big cloud bastard."
In response to Reply #0

The hell! Making this old man sad, hrmph!

When you started you didn't stand out too much for me. Just another ol' Battlerager face in the crowd. But as you went through some rough spots you showed me! You came out by the end as one of my favorite Battleragers after me not liking you too much at first. I ended up liking you so much, plus the hurt you were putting on those damned mages, that I'm damned upset you deleted!

Swell job all around, only wish I had you longer.

Broag (Anonymous)Fri 29-Nov-19 03:47 PM
Charter member
#137756, "Yeah, that's the reason I deleted"
In response to Reply #1

The mages stopped showing up, and dying to the malice brigade was just dumb. I'd log in, see two or three mages online, 20-30 minutes later they logged off after camping up in the furthest part of the world.

Broag was fun though, I enjoy playing villagers, I also try to consider when I'm playing a tough, dumb, bastard, I don't make good choices and do stupid things which either work, or don't. I feel like I'm not fit for this game sometimes because when I try to play a character, I tend to let the character make decisions, not me, so I take some dumb deaths, or seemingly dumb in a mechanical type of presence.

Sorry I flaked, it just got boring trying to play and not having my true enemies to squish. Having only maybe 12 mage kills in 160 hours is just weak sauce, and it's because a lot of people play a PC, they don't play a character, and tend to be conservative and more life preserving, then having fun and duking it out unless the advantage is clear.

CointreauFri 29-Nov-19 04:09 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#137757, "So you wouldn't wear fishnet stockings!"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Fri 29-Nov-19 04:16 PM

Doing what your char would do over doing what the player would do. A sign of genuine RP which I think is hard to observe and certainly reward but shows what a classy player you are.

True to the above my interactions with you were all classy too and you certainly lived up to your title, running recklessly into crazy odds and somehow coming out on top.

LhydiaFri 29-Nov-19 04:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#137758, "lol. No. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

Gr

k-bFri 29-Nov-19 07:56 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#137760, "Fighting ragers gets real old real fast."
In response to Reply #2

I never interacted with you, but I wanted to address your complaints on people ‘hiding’ from you.

I don’t think ragers are OP, personally, but there’s a reason for that. The reason is that there are so many restrictions, frustrations, problems, and negatives that come with playing a rager. One of those negatives is that mages can generally avoid you pretty easily if they want to.

So to have you complain about that very necessary negative is a little annoying to me. If playing a rager just becomes running a muck with those powers unrestricted and with no reprieve for mages then this game will quickly become the dumbest cluster#### of all time.

I’m sure watching mages go splat is super fun. But sometimes a mage just wants to ####ing explore, or prep gather, or RP in peace. Without having to fight the same RBW over and over because RBW’s have nothing better to do.

LhydiaFri 29-Nov-19 08:10 PM
2390 posts
#137761, "He is super delusional. Disregard most of his post beca..."
In response to Reply #5

He basically complained a whole lot when you didn’t suicide on him and complained even more when you fought him in situations where you wouldn’t die automatically. He talked a huge amount of #### as well and was really annoying to interact with.

3/10

incognitoSat 30-Nov-19 05:07 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137764, "Familiar sounding argument"
In response to Reply #6

Last time I heard it was an attempt to justify ganking while avoiding fights when gankless, even when in negligible danger.

No idea who you were playing, but could it look that way from his perspective?

Broag (Anonymous)Sat 30-Nov-19 09:44 PM
Charter member
#137765, "Ahh, one of the bandwagoners when the Spire was strong"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, I had a sour night, and that might recollect in peoples minds. But you ####ty perma/bandwagoners were just ####. No RP, murder and loot machines, with Shapa out of range to keep your asses alive when you didn't have 5 people to kill me, even though you tried desperately.

After that night, I took a different approach at playing Broag, after the suiciding because of your ####tery, obvious ass ####. You ####ters all logged in around the same time, every night, and just ganked the #### and looted heavy the people you could gang up on, and had absolutely no RP, just a player behind a log in name.

I didn't gank people, and got ganked most of my life. Hell, the reason I got the title fearless was because I was going after Chuta, Aztezul, and Vaskiira 1v3, ran the first two away and killed the invoker. The ####ty outlander perma, that was originally the tribunal perma, were so terrified to do anything, they didn't even come in until after Vaskiira died and the other two got away.

People like you who make this game feel like a damn chore to log in, with your mediocre RP, ganking and perma gameplay ####.

Sorry if you can't differentiate RP egging on from your own piss poor concept of RP Lhydia, who have you even played that was worth a damn?

scrSun 01-Dec-19 01:41 AM
Member since 07th Jan 2017
75 posts
#137767, "Calm down dude, your char was great."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Sun 01-Dec-19 01:42 AM

This discussion went into trolling you isn't it obvious? Calm down dude, your character was great and I liked interact with you. Solid RP, skilled PK, well done, sir. But it's just a game.

P.S.: Everyone who perma with Shapa first of all just got no respect towards themselves. From my point of view THIS should be the most upsetting in their lives thing (I ####ing laugh at everyone of you).

LhydiaSun 01-Dec-19 09:16 AM
2390 posts
#137770, "I never fought you with a Trib. =) n/t"
In response to Reply #8

Gr

Broag (Anonymous)Sat 30-Nov-19 09:55 PM
Charter member
#137766, "Yes, I'm very familiar with mages mobility..."
In response to Reply #5

And sadly there are some #### villagers that have ruined a lot of the fun for mages, like Sekpak who would continually wait at pits, sack all wands, and just be an overall ####ty player.

There are a few villagers with similar mentalities, ganking like it's not an issue, and just being all around ####s if they do manage the kill.

When I played Broag, I went far out of reach from the village, many times, put myself in terrible odds to fight mages, got ganked so much from the Spire, who were mostly non mages, and all I gotta say is #### MALICE.

The problem I guess I have, being a villager, is that there is no real enemy presence for mages, at least there wasn't until Scion came back. So mages didn't have an incentive to go kill villagers, leaving us to the imperial shaman hoard, which of course ####s villagers over if they go further than the eastern road to fight.

I play mages regularly, and I tend to enjoy mixing it up with non shapa villagers, even if I die. Hell I don't mind fighting most anybody except for Shapa, because most seem to enjoy a good fight, not always being a one sided #### show. Hell when I play a villager, I go after the tough odds all the time to get the mage kill, ones that will likely get me killed, but that's the fun of playing the RP, not playing a log in name.

One of my last mage fights, was with one of multiple shapeshifter player guy, the one that usually has like 6 hero shifters at a time, and I was wanted, trying to fight him in Udgaard. Guess what, I lost and died. Didn't complain, had fun, tried my best and went all out and didn't pan out for me. I play the game differently than the ones who just wanna win PK. I play a role when I'm inspired, and win or lose, I tend to have fun until I hafta deal with players that just literally don't do anything for the game and only play it as an RPG explore game.

k-bSun 01-Dec-19 03:05 AM
344 posts
#137768, "Yeah, I hear you."
In response to Reply #9

And maybe I was a little harsh in my initial post.

I’m really glad that you stick to your RP and fight and die when you feel it’s necessary. I just don’t think you get to decide for other players when they have to die. That’s all.

Just let the Shaapabots play their ####ty little game. Honestly, watching those losers play the same character over and over is hilarious. They put so much time into this game and yet they will never really enjoy it. It will always be the rat race for them. Seriously, it’s the funniest and sadest thing ever.

LhydiaSun 01-Dec-19 09:20 AM
2390 posts
#137771, "Didn’t you play Onya? n/t"
In response to Reply #11

Gr

k-bSun 01-Dec-19 02:57 PM
344 posts
#137776, "What an interesting statement."
In response to Reply #13

I assume you’re trolling, but whatever.

Yes, 8 years ago I played Onya. She was a little powergamey but she had RP. She was not just a murderbot. Not to mention 8 years is a long time and people tent to grow and evolve.

Your implied argument is pretty stupid, I think.

BemusedSun 01-Dec-19 05:16 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#137778, "kb projecting again (nt)"
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Sun 01-Dec-19 05:16 PM

gr

lasentiaMon 02-Dec-19 07:13 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137785, "I liked Onya for what it's worth"
In response to Reply #13

Tough old bitch that she was.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137747 Previous topic | Next topic