Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the High ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137122
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 02-Aug-19 09:09 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137122, "(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the High Priestess of Loss, Cardinal of the Golden Sun"

Wed Jul 31 17:35:37 2019

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Aurew perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:1144

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well done, Leodos/gillador/tebor (Anonymous), 04-Oct-19 06:19 AM, #29
Reply Great job, xyfa, 07-Aug-19 06:43 AM, #28
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Jhyrbian, 06-Aug-19 08:54 PM, #26
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Aurew, 06-Aug-19 09:42 PM, #27
Reply Supreme!, Naevar (Anonymous), 01-Aug-19 03:40 PM, #18
Reply RE: Supreme!, Onewingedangel, 01-Aug-19 11:58 PM, #15
Reply RE: Supreme!, Rahsael, 02-Aug-19 11:51 AM, #19
Reply I asked Aurew a while ago, Korsgaard, 03-Aug-19 02:51 PM, #20
Reply RE: Supreme!, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 07:07 PM, #24
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., The Splitz (Anonymous), 02-Aug-19 08:32 AM, #17
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Aurew, 06-Aug-19 07:13 PM, #25
Reply Way to go the distance!, Korsgaard, 01-Aug-19 10:38 AM, #14
Reply Fantastic all around., k-b, 01-Aug-19 09:45 AM, #12
Reply Ah Aurew, Aylosi, 01-Aug-19 06:38 AM, #10
Reply Congrats, Ergush, 01-Aug-19 06:27 AM, #9
Reply Tomorrow we begin again., Aurew, 31-Jul-19 06:29 PM, #6
Reply Hey buddy, Mcbeth, 31-Jul-19 11:33 PM, #7
Reply More thoughts, Mcbeth, 01-Aug-19 10:22 AM, #13
     Reply One thing..., Onewingedangel, 02-Aug-19 12:13 AM, #16
     Reply RE: More thoughts, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 07:04 PM, #23
Reply Wish, Sayra (Anonymous), 01-Aug-19 12:41 AM, #8
Reply I loved you would drop in and give me a hand., SPN, 01-Aug-19 07:22 AM, #11
Reply Likely one of the best characters I've seen in CF, Tesline, 31-Jul-19 05:52 PM, #5
Reply RE: Likely one of the best characters I've seen in CF, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 06:55 PM, #22
Reply Honestly one of the best Characters in a while, Onewingedangel, 31-Jul-19 05:57 PM, #4
Reply What could have been?, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 06:53 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Rahsael, 31-Jul-19 05:47 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Habbs, 31-Jul-19 05:39 PM, #2
Reply Great char, congrats., Ishuli, 31-Jul-19 05:38 PM, #1

Leodos/gillador/tebor (Anonymous)Fri 04-Oct-19 06:19 AM
Charter member
#137525, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

You were around so long I got to experience you as an ally, an enemy, and something a little between as tebor. You had depth and presence and really made the game interesting for me. I hope you had fun too.

xyfaWed 07-Aug-19 06:43 AM
Member since 03rd Mar 2018
151 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137168, "Great job"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked Aurew. I was lucky enough to see you relatively near the beginning as an ally then right at the end as an enemy. The difference was really striking and well done.

Good luck with your next.

JhyrbianTue 06-Aug-19 08:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137165, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..."
In response to Reply #0

Loved having you around as both Borlan and Niekofet. You really played a great character.

AurewTue 06-Aug-19 09:42 PM
Member since 21st Aug 2018
14 posts
#137166, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..."
In response to Reply #26

Thank you for that. I recall a few times prior to anaconda where I over-extended myself on altruism and you had the presence of mind to recognize it and heal/lay hands to keep me alive when I had no method of communication in-form. You were a superb ally.

Naevar (Anonymous)Fri 02-Aug-19 09:09 AM
Charter member
#137141, "Supreme!"
In response to Reply #0

Really phenomenal job. Interactions with you across several characters were top notch. On team fort, and against. You are probably THE most memorable character of the last few years - and I really hope that you come back with something else. Maybe a few... low investment types to shake off Aurew, and then another game-changer! You will be missed - and can we get Aurew in some kinda hall of fame or what!?

OnewingedangelThu 01-Aug-19 11:58 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#137142, "RE: Supreme!"
In response to Reply #18

"and can we get Aurew in some kinda hall of fame or what!?"

Seriously, and I know she's already going to be added to the elves page for notable heroes, and I don't know what else to do regarding this, but if there was ever a character deserving, it's Aurew.

RahsaelFri 02-Aug-19 11:51 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#137147, "RE: Supreme!"
In response to Reply #15

I'm working on something. A few people might notice it one day.

KorsgaardSat 03-Aug-19 02:51 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137154, "I asked Aurew a while ago"
In response to Reply #15

And they were uninterested in anything Fort related, so look to her patron, Rahsael!

AurewTue 06-Aug-19 07:07 PM
14 posts
#137163, "RE: Supreme!"
In response to Reply #18

I believe a nice, long break is in order for me, but thank you for your kindness and encouragement.

The Splitz (Anonymous)Fri 02-Aug-19 08:32 AM
Charter member
#137145, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..."
In response to Reply #0

Duuude. You were really something else. It was incredible how much emotional labour you put into Aurew - it really showed.

GLYWN

AurewTue 06-Aug-19 07:13 PM
14 posts
#137164, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..."
In response to Reply #17

Thank you for the countless conversations and encouragement. Both you and Ischer were understanding and supportive, especially from a religious perspective until we all started drifting apart.

KorsgaardThu 01-Aug-19 10:38 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137139, "Way to go the distance!"
In response to Reply #0

That was one long lived character! We had a lot of moments together and little did I know, more than a year and a half ago when the character was created, I would solve one of the biggest problems Fortress had at the moment - Not enough Acolyte representation! Holy crap did you knock it out of the park.
So here comes Aurew, the level headed, calm and collected, martyr for the Fortress. Saver of the day. Selfless blessing of the light.

This is what it's like being the oldest tree in the forest. You stand tall above the rest and your reach is as far and wide as the roots you sew through the relationships you made in that time. Of course, you were also one of the saddest trees in the forest, it's always lonely at the end! I know this was not an easy character to roleplay and often I found myself feeling very depressed watching Aurew suffer through loss after loss after loss, over and over... It was very clear why you didn't want to wear any -age items and prolong the end.

If there was ever a time to think about an Aurew reward, I'll let you know I was right up there with Rahs vouching for some plan we had to make you feel special. The next cardinal has some HUGE shoes to fill! Woe is Fort!

Well played, good luck with your next, and Thank you so very much for making this one stand out for SOO LONG!

k-bThu 01-Aug-19 09:45 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#137137, "Fantastic all around."
In response to Reply #0

I knew you as Cheyerre and you were awesome. You should really write a manual on how to PK as an Acolyte. Many times I was absolutely amazed when you would come in and heal me when I needed it most. Sometimes I wouldn't even know you were around, lol.

Anyways, good good stuff and I hope you come back soon.

AylosiThu 01-Aug-19 06:38 AM
Member since 01st Dec 2018
20 posts
#137134, "Ah Aurew"
In response to Reply #0

A lovely character to watch, someone who played their character as it should be. I will echo all the good that has been said and I will add that by design or not... I loved how you became something of a cranky old bitch near the end.

GLWYN!

ErgushThu 01-Aug-19 06:27 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
#137133, "Congrats"
In response to Reply #0

What can be said that has not already been? I had the great pleasure of reading your role for the role contest, and with the help of several other imms, reward you with a neat form that is not seen often anymore. As Destuvius said in the history, the RC win was the Catalyst and your outstanding play is what really nailed down the form as your prize.

You really played this one out to the fullest, and the game will be sorely hurt with your passing. Thank you for contributing this character to the game, and GLWYN!

AurewWed 31-Jul-19 06:29 PM
14 posts
#137128, "Tomorrow we begin again."
In response to Reply #0

I poured a lot of first- and second-hand knoweldge/experience with the loss of loved ones into this
character, and I hope I did them justice. It's a different beast for everyone.

Rahsael:

What a treasure. Your ability to bring a character's backstory to life and incorporate it into the
interactions, twists and turns of the religion was phenomenal (and also heartbreaking). I was never
quite sure how an Acolyte would pull this off, and I'm still not, but I'm glad I did it. I feel a
little guilty for giving up on role updates; I had several I just couldn't finish and many of our
interactions revolved around aspects I didn't want to share. I hope you were able to at least glean
some things from the letters. Thank you for countless interactions, surprises, and forcing some
difficult choices that made Aurew better. Even though this was the best religious experience I've
had on Carrion Fields, don't be offended if I consider this my first and last for Rahsael. It was
just too mentally exhausting, given the way I play.

Drissa:

Next to Rahsael, you were the most important person in Aurew's life, even after (perhaps moreso)
you deleted. You never really needed Aurew's help, but you never turned her away and that was
important when Acolytes can sometimes feel like the less important part of a cabal. I'm at a loss
for what else to say, other than Aurew wrote you 30 letters over the course of the last year that
might sum it up better than I can here, if I can find a way to get them to you.

To everyone else:

I haven't forgotten you. This has been an exhausting experience that needs some space.

You are all wonderful.

McbethWed 31-Jul-19 10:55 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#137131, "Hey buddy"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Wed 31-Jul-19 11:33 PM

You made it! Congrats on the spectacular character. You truly brought out the best in everyone. Aurew was the most alive character I've ever encountered on a MUD.

I'll come back to this to add more when I have time to think, it's hard to put into words how special a relationship our characters shared. Drissa saw something special in you from the get go, and it was such a joy to get to know Aurew. We balanced each other out in a lot of ways. You were an anchor for me and for the entire Fortress. Our walks and talks made me a better roleplayer.

I'd love to see the letters if it works out.

I just finished reading your role entries and definitely teared up throughout. A peek into a few of Aurew's secrets was nice, although I felt like I knew her so well that there was little that surprised me other than perhaps that you knew about the box dream! You brought this character so much to life that, a year later, I'm feeling guilty for deleting and putting Aurew through that!

So long, and thanks for all the valerian roots.

McbethThu 01-Aug-19 10:22 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#137138, "More thoughts"
In response to Reply #7

~1200 hours is a slog, I was emotionally strung out and ready for a break from "serious" gaming after ~700! I'm sure in some ways there's a big void without Aurew to log into any more, but probably just as much of a sense of relief, right?

You were the best. I did an intro to improv class many years ago, and it didn't make me any better at improv but one thing that really stuck with me was "yes, and..." to stay open to other people's ideas instead of shutting them down. I tried to carry that over to CF and so I'm glad Drissa was able to play such an important role for Aurew - but, really, I think I just got lucky to be the one who ran into you when I did. I often felt along for the ride in that you did all the heavy lifting of generating and I just went with it and was a willing participant!

I've never had such a great RP experience. I'm usually more of a happy go lucky PKer with online games. Believe it: there's no way Drissa comes to life the way she did without running into you! I certainly ran with it once everything came together, but you got the ball rolling.

Korsgaard may have been Drissa's God, but he was second to Aurew in Drissa's life. Never have there been friends who loved each other more. Towards the middle/end, she would have dropped him for Rahsael if you had asked - I am glad you didn't, but on the other hand, I had passingly hoped you might, too. I think Aurew knew how right the fit between Korsgaard and Drissa was, and had enough respect for her friend and understanding of loss and pain to not put Drissa through that.

Thanks for reading Drissa's poetry and encouraging her reflective side, and helping her deal with all the trials and tribulations of Fort leadership. Thanks for having a fun side, and a serious side, and always being up for doing things in addition to all the sitting and conversing.

It makes me very happy to think that Drissa and Aurew are off together in an afterlife, enjoying some time without any of the stresses of mortal life. But, I think both of them will find their way back to one world or another eventually, when the Light calls them to serve once again.

Standout moments in no real order - the time we went to the Cathedral together, the time I learned that Aurew wasn't really your name, the time we both died to that previously hapless wight outside Arkham, beating down Yzekon, drinking with Torelath, uncovering your plan with Ghar and sorting through all that, learning that you had the Anaconda form for something like a real life month before showing it to anybody and (as i recall it) lecturing you about getting over your secretive side and using that beast, walking around feeding the cooshees and dogs with you and when you were gone... honestly, I could go on and on.

Mechanically - what a powerhouse form and form combo, for a player with the patience and willingness to play a supporting role! Just awesome. Some of what we were able to do together probably has ruined me for future PvE on Carrion Fields.

Thanks again for the great times together last year.

OnewingedangelFri 02-Aug-19 12:12 AM
447 posts
#137144, "One thing..."
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Fri 02-Aug-19 12:13 AM

That constantly tugs at the back of my mind when I think of Aurew, is how often Drissa told Merelith "Aurew is the best of us". It was later I truly understood, that was as much OOC as IC. She really was.

EDIT: I've responded alot to some of these posts, but honestly, I just didn't get out everything I wanted to say about Aurew in what I posted. Sorry.

AurewTue 06-Aug-19 07:04 PM
14 posts
#137162, "RE: More thoughts"
In response to Reply #13

It was all a bittersweet experience. The shadow of sorrow that followed Aurew around after Drissa left had the potential to lead her astray more than once. Even in the direst of times, Drissa's memory provided Aurew with a moral compass that would make any Pathfinder proud. Thank you for making it all possible.

Sayra (Anonymous)Thu 01-Aug-19 12:41 AM
Charter member
#137132, "Wish"
In response to Reply #6

I wish I could have known you better. We only had a couple of talks but from everything I've read or heard, you were someone special. I know it must weigh on you to have invested so much time into and now it is over. I hope to one day get to play with a future character of yours. You've got my respect and I enjoyed reading your role. GLWYN.

SPNThu 01-Aug-19 07:22 AM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#137136, "I loved you would drop in and give me a hand."
In response to Reply #6

As Ention, we might not have been in the same cabal, but you'd still help out a fellow goodie unrequested like a great Acolyte!

I was glad to be able to return the favor in Yzekon, when I dropped in and you were a ghost trying to get back in. Tag teaming the repopped mobs was alot of fun, and pretty you are the only reason I didn't eat it with my piddly elf hp vs Yzekon himself.

TeslineWed 31-Jul-19 05:52 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#137127, "Likely one of the best characters I've seen in CF"
In response to Reply #0

You helped a plethora of people and characters including my own. You challenged me to improve my RP several times and for that I owe you quite a bit. CF without Aurew is going to seem extremely empty for a while due to how well RPed and largely notable of a character. Also how deeply you were involved. I intend to pick up your PBF as a way of saying thanks.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

AurewTue 06-Aug-19 06:55 PM
14 posts
#137161, "RE: Likely one of the best characters I've seen in CF"
In response to Reply #5

Thank you for the PBF pick-up. It's heartening to hear I could help people in more ways than one.

OnewingedangelWed 31-Jul-19 05:51 PM
447 posts
#137126, "Honestly one of the best Characters in a while"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 31-Jul-19 05:57 PM

Super long lived, and always in character. All the while saving everyone's life.

I interacted with you with a bunch of throwaways that went nowhere, but then there was Merelith. I felt I really got to see two different sides of Aurew, maybe even three. From before Drissa, to right after, and to where a little bit of acceptance was creeping in. Super well done on your part, really made Aurew feel Real. And thanks for all the saves!

Edited to add: This character was in EVERY way a net positive to CF.

AurewTue 06-Aug-19 06:53 PM
14 posts
#137160, "What could have been?"
In response to Reply #4

Thank you for the kind words.

It was disappointing to see Merelith delete, as she was so crucial in the post-Drissa grieving process. If Aurew had been able to lean on her a little bit longer, what wonder what might have been. Either way, she provided some small comfort in a time of need, so thank you for that.

RahsaelWed 31-Jul-19 05:47 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#137125, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..."
In response to Reply #0

Extraordinarily well done. I don't even know where to begin. Throughout your 1,144 hours(!!!) you were so consistently great. I really loved watching Aurew evolve from a kind of silly, scared, naive girl who missed her dog into a sober, world-weary realist (with many interesting and nuanced steps in between).

You walked a lot of lines really carefully and struck a great balance. Even after a thousand hours, I left every interaction thinking, "Man, she's good!"

You told a great story with Aurew, really internalized the Rahsaelian philosophy, and never shied away from PK encounters or rescues. A CF deity couldn't ask for more in his first high priestess.

"Well done" doesn't seem to cut it, but I'm out of words just now. Very sad to see Aurew go, but I'm sure you're OK with letting go; it must have been an exhausting character to play.

Thanks for all of the fun over the past year and a half. You really helped me to develop the religion and the way I interact with other followers.

HabbsWed 31-Jul-19 05:39 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
198 posts
#137124, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..."
In response to Reply #0

Congrats Aurew, knew you from several characters and you were always awesome.

IshuliWed 31-Jul-19 05:38 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2173 posts
#137123, "Great char, congrats."
In response to Reply #0

Super long lived, omega ancient. I always got a chuckle when I heard you talking about your impending death at like 900 hours. "If only you knew..." I thought to myself.

Aurew was very cool and very long-lived, so I applaud you!

-Ish

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137122 Previous topic | Next topic