Subject: "(DEL) Deveskrius Tresevant the Unholy Bishop" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13710
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 31-Dec-02 02:03 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13710, "(DEL) Deveskrius Tresevant the Unholy Bishop"

Tue Dec 31 01:59:19 2002

12 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Deveskrius perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:275
PK Ratio:75% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Wont miss ya for sure!!nt, Sinlauk (Guest), 31-Dec-02 10:40 AM, #14
Reply Oh well., Death_Claw, 31-Dec-02 02:16 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Oh well., Iomyndor (Guest), 31-Dec-02 02:47 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Oh well., DC (Guest), 31-Dec-02 03:12 AM, #3
     Reply Unfortunate, A Scion (Guest), 31-Dec-02 03:50 AM, #4
     Reply One of my favorite enemies of all time,, Yaofhil, 31-Dec-02 04:16 AM, #5
     Reply RE: One of my favorite enemies of all time,, DC (Guest), 31-Dec-02 10:21 AM, #11
     Reply Heh, Kavuul (Guest), 31-Dec-02 04:57 AM, #6
     Reply Re:, DC (Guest), 31-Dec-02 10:23 AM, #12
          Reply Yeah I know bro, it was all ic :) n/t, Kavuul (Guest), 31-Dec-02 02:54 PM, #19
     Reply nice idea, following valg as an AP, Lokrin (Guest), 31-Dec-02 05:29 AM, #7
     Reply I know what you mean by being able to easily rage delet..., Deirtan (Guest), 31-Dec-02 05:52 AM, #8
     Reply Bah..., Blasdhemius (Guest), 31-Dec-02 06:58 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Bah..., DC (Guest), 31-Dec-02 10:24 AM, #13
     Reply Blasted, Anith (Guest), 31-Dec-02 08:07 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Oh well., Filetine (Guest), 31-Dec-02 12:39 PM, #15
     Reply Ugh., DarkKnight, 31-Dec-02 02:50 PM, #18
     Reply Farewell., Drahk (Guest), 31-Dec-02 02:05 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Farewell., DarkKnight, 31-Dec-02 02:49 PM, #17
     Reply See ya bro., Usalar (Guest), 31-Dec-02 09:54 PM, #20
     Reply RE: See ya bro., Boldereth, 01-Jan-03 12:19 PM, #23
     Reply Aww, Kravidian, 31-Dec-02 09:59 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Aww, Boldereth, 01-Jan-03 12:18 PM, #22
     Reply Heya Valg..., Boldereth, 01-Jan-03 12:21 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Heya Valg..., Valguarnera, 02-Jan-03 01:03 PM, #31
     Reply RE: The old man bites the dust., Virinahn (Guest), 01-Jan-03 03:12 PM, #25
     Reply Dam, Helga (Guest), 01-Jan-03 04:34 PM, #26
     Reply Dirty rat bastard!, Bria, 01-Jan-03 08:38 PM, #27
     Reply Awww., DC (Guest), 01-Jan-03 08:45 PM, #28
     Reply Remember the time, Narissa (Guest), 02-Jan-03 12:27 AM, #29
          Reply RE: Remember the time, DC (Guest), 02-Jan-03 03:37 AM, #30

Sinlauk (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 10:40 AM

#13711, "Wont miss ya for sure!!nt"
In response to Reply #0

adf

Death_ClawTue 31-Dec-02 02:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
103 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13712, "Oh well."
In response to Reply #0

Screw it, I saw the Chasm come and (for the most part) go. Things were starting to look like I was never going to realize some in character plans which I had set forth, and my time was wavering from my two jobs, so it was time to leave. Considering I had ten con, recently trained up there from previously six, I'm very proud of my ratio. This was my first anti-paladin, and my first Scion, so keep the criticism to a minimum, if you would .

Oddly enough, the only thing that got me through a lot of tough hours was my sphere dedication, but eventually it just seemed like I was horribly mangling a dead horse, and I'd like to think I could move on with bigger and better.

275 hours...geez what a lot of time spent running away . I remember logging in at 33, looking at 11 foes on the who pk, with no one to rank with and thinking I'd never hit hero range. Oh well, perhaps sometime in the future I'll polish off a new char that I can be proud of. I've my ideas set on what will be my next, don't worry team evil I'm not going to roll a goodie if I can avoid it, heh.

Man, let me tell you, it is so very easy to rage delete with an anti-paladin. I probably rage deleted about 7 or 8 times, in all seriousness, only to reactivate at a later time.

Alright, enough bullshitting, on to the goodbyes.

Immortals :

Bria : Would you have kept your word? Had a lot of trouble getting into contact with you in my later life. Sometimes I get this feeling with a char here or there that I think they get cursed so to speak by the powers that be...its usually a sign of the end on the horizon.

Valguarnera : I never much cared for you in your mortal years (I was playing a master applicant at the time, and a bit new to the concept of evil snobbish roleplay ), or a lot in your immortal ones, but this character showed me that you certainly are a great person to be involved in our game and in interactions. You really are what holds the Chasm together through thick in thin, in that overbearing, overcritical father-like way. I would have been proud to bear your tattoo if I could've settled that little goal I had set.

Scions :

Anith : I honestly couldn't fit into a paragraph my thoughts on your character, so I won't bother. You had my respect, and I'll leave it at that.

Trajeona : Great on the onset, then just disappeared somewhat, which was a pity because I'm a huge fan of sanctuary.

The rest : Well, there have been many to many to name individuallly besides the ones I have, it would be a huge reply board considering how long this char has been kicking around. I'll respond person to person.

Villagers :

You mean, mean people. I'll probably respond on a foe to foe basis, what Deveskrius hated as a character and what Death_Claw hates as a player are not aligned, I have no ill will for people just trying to do their jobs, just like I as a person wouldn't do or say a lot of the things that Deveskrius could do/say with confidence.

Warlocks :

For some damn reason, no matter how many of you there were, I had a lot of trouble fearing you. Seemed like a ragtag unorganized group, but definately some potential for improvement.

Warders :

You guys have a lot of work ahead of you, a lot of you were easy meat which shouldn't be true for a Sylvan Warder. Maybe I'll roll up a warder and lend you guys a hand, maybe try and bring back a more rugged appearance to the rather cuddly cabal.

I'll post my role and stuff later, I'm rather tired.

-Death_Claw, Boldereth, Eskelian, et cetera and et cetera.

Iomyndor (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 02:47 AM

#13740, "RE: Oh well."
In response to Reply #1

Not too shabby, we fought a whole bunch when we were younger, you had a couple ranks on me and got me more than once, I don't think I ever got you. I'm unsure how close you were to actually being a badass but, IC, I'm sooo glad you never turned into a super-badass, OOC, I love those kinds of characters, so I almost didn't want to sac your axe, how many charges did you have by the way? All in all, out fights were pretty good, even though you won most of em. I knew Eskelian with another character, liked him alot, we were pretty good friends right up until the end when I said to hell with the law. Good luck and see you around.

DC (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 03:12 AM

#13741, "RE: Oh well."
In response to Reply #2

Heh, now I know who you play .

A Scion (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 03:50 AM

#13739, "Unfortunate"
In response to Reply #1

You were skilled and it was always nice to have you around.

So much for the "evil resurgence" everyone was babbling
about a week ago. That lasted, what, three days?

YaofhilTue 31-Dec-02 04:16 AM
40 posts
#13737, "One of my favorite enemies of all time,"
In response to Reply #1

Mostly because of the fact you were around for almost all of my life. I think we had a few battles spread out between ranks 25 to 51, you won some, I won some. However, the ones you won were great fights cause you used tactics, the ones I won were just due to you not being prepared and me spamming pincer quite a bit. Anyhow, some of our conversations were fruitful. Thanks for the fun.

DC (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 10:21 AM

#13738, "RE: One of my favorite enemies of all time,"
In response to Reply #5

I think, out of all the chars I've ever met, you were the most ideal Maran. This includes over my own, and over many of the past Talons, etc, because you played a damn good Maran. Keep it up, give 'em hell .

Kavuul (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 04:57 AM

#13734, "Heh"
In response to Reply #1

You got me in Arkham that one time. I happened to be setting up my macros to fight you when you hit me, oh well.

That second time though. When we were on the river in Galadon and I was exhausted from plague. You gave me this little lecture on how to outsmart your opponent and how you only needed a little bit more brains than the enemy to beat him. you were acting so cocky and belittling me and what not.

Heh and then I got away when I had absolutley no business doing so. I still laugh about it when I replay what happened in my head.

Wish I saw more of you, I wanted to exact some revenge.
Good luck with next char.

DC (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 10:23 AM

#13735, "Re:"
In response to Reply #6

I was applauding you the whole time, and only a bit disappointed I wasn't able to kill you and leech the charge. Smart of you, don't take the dialog of my char to be the dialog of myself because I thought you did damn well there, was just trying to kick the crap out of your morale along with your health .

Kavuul (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 02:54 PM

#13736, "Yeah I know bro, it was all ic :) n/t"
In response to Reply #12

n/t

Lokrin (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 05:29 AM

#13733, "nice idea, following valg as an AP"
In response to Reply #1

I never thought of it, but it is one way to be trusted even though you are an AP. I never had any worries about trusting you once I discovered that (although you could have been lying about that). Don't think we ever did more than trade a little though.

Looks like you did a good job. I think I recognised the symptoms of haste when you were tearing up the lowbie ranks. Was the one thing I regretted when I was playing my fire AP, not being human sized.

Deirtan (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 05:52 AM

#13732, "I know what you mean by being able to easily rage delet..."
In response to Reply #1

With Deirtan there quite a few times I nearly rage deleted, if I were human or a Giant I think I might have. Only reason I didn't was because I was a Felar, and I expected to die a lot. That and the fact I never had more then three souls in my weapon, so it didn't bother me to lose it. Never really knew you in a RP kind of way, I only hunted with you a couple of times, but during those times I could tell you knew what you were doing.

--------------

Completely off the topic, Iomyndor, I don't know if you'll read this but I just wanted to say sorry. My first impression was competely wrong, and I take back everything I said. Not that it matters, it's too late, but sorry anyway.

Blasdhemius (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 06:58 AM

#13730, "Bah..."
In response to Reply #1

You think I died less than you did? I took a break, yeah, but now you are going to leave me alne again?
Damn you. You were a reason of my joining the Chasm. I've been going to play an uncaballed necro, but our interraction extended my role and, I believe, improved it. But shhh, I won't reveal it until I die... that will happen soon, though.
Damn jerk!

DC (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 10:24 AM

#13731, "RE: Bah..."
In response to Reply #9

There was a time when I died quite a bit, then it just rather leveled off. I attest it to nasty odds and frankly me doing my best to get a firm grip on the class and how it differs from both warriors and necromancers.

Anith (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 08:07 AM

#13729, "Blasted"
In response to Reply #1

You played a class which is a hard one to master. Not many people realize all the work needed to keep a hero/near-heo AP alive and to hold onto his weapon. You handled the disapointments along the way well, I just wish we could have gotten your goal. I enjoyed our travels and knew you could be counted on to defend or go on some killing/summoning mission.

"I honestly couldn't fit into a paragraph my thoughts on your character, so I won't bother."

Hopefully good things...*snicker*

Anyways, take a break, relax, and come back for some more. You did damn good for your first evil.

Filetine (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 12:39 PM

#13727, "RE: Oh well."
In response to Reply #1

I liked how you played a human A-P. I had just deleted my human A-P in scion when I saw you come around. Wish I would have hung around though but couldnt after i had seen what a younger scion had done to Falax (sp?) pretty much he fool looted him and then logged off with all his things calling our only hero at the time a coward. I thought forget this, but enough rambling. That Bria thing you spoke of to me that one time what where you talking about, sorry I didnt pay much attention at the time. A shame you didnt make it to hero I would have thought you could have done well there. I liked it how for some reason we always seemed to get along. That is cool you where Boldereth, you inducted me into the sylvans with Laksera maybe why we got along so well? Anyway I have a new character in the makings perhaps we will run into each other again. And I cant believe you didnt mention any TRIBUNALS.

And as always see you in the fields.

DarkKnightTue 31-Dec-02 02:50 PM
0 posts
#13728, "Ugh."
In response to Reply #15

Yeah, I'm very sorry about leaving you out, another of the long time people that was around from dawn of the char, but unfortunately I outlasted you. It was good sharing some of the boring times bullshitting with ya in Hamsah, and thanks a lot for the shielding, they led to many victories.

Drahk (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 02:05 PM

#13725, "Farewell."
In response to Reply #1

You had a set of balls on you. Slippery bastard, too. I think I only killed you once - and that was that first duel. In some ways you irritated me, because you would never intentionally fight at less than overwhelming odds(fight me, at least.) In others you played smart, fought smart, did a good job of assessing which fights you couldn't win and avoiding them. One of the very few that spent more time alone(hunting, too!) than as a part of the vast hoard. I respected you for that.

Good luck on your next.

DarkKnightTue 31-Dec-02 02:49 PM
0 posts
#13726, "RE: Farewell."
In response to Reply #16

At first, I was mostly avoiding you to get the proper situation at my disposal. Once you got Fist I knew you'd be damn near impossible for me to kill, straight from a logicistical perspective it simple wasn't a viable matchup solo. You certainly made a lot out of your spec choices, and I have a feeling I know who the player is behind the character only due to your distinct style of play. Well done, and see ya around in the future. Maybe one of these days, when battle isn't overpopulated, I'll roll up a rager and see what I can make of that, see ya around.

Usalar (Guest)Tue 31-Dec-02 09:54 PM

#13723, "See ya bro."
In response to Reply #1

Just wanted to let you know you were a great enemy to have about. We fought a ton and I loved seeing a human AP move up the ranks. Well fought and well played all the way around. You were one of the reasons I have more respect for the evils out there than the goodies.

BolderethWed 01-Jan-03 12:19 PM
197 posts
#13724, "RE: See ya bro."
In response to Reply #20

Thanks a lot, I certainly felt bad for pounding on you in the younger years, but certainly less bad when the pounding started to get returned ~45th rank or so . See ya in game bro.

KravidianTue 31-Dec-02 09:59 PM
0 posts
#13721, "Aww"
In response to Reply #1

Was -this- close to rolling up another K-Necro and show
everybody whose boss *laugh track*. Now that I think of that,
Dark Knight (Deveskrius) was definitely your style. Eskelian
the Tribbie... well you killed my attempt at a D-elf Warrior,
Veissa, with your guards. Guess that's some payback to the
stuff I did to Makivante. Hell your elf warrior practically
caused me to roll Veissa. Unfortunately my current character
character didn't ever interact with you because he's still too
busy mastering his damned spells, but I wish you would have
stayed so I could.

Take care, and come back, your characters tend to be a lot
more interesting than the norm.

BolderethWed 01-Jan-03 12:18 PM
197 posts
#13722, "RE: Aww"
In response to Reply #21

Was -this- close to rolling up another K-Necro and show
everybody whose boss *laugh track*. Now that I think of that,
Dark Knight (Deveskrius) was definitely your style. Eskelian
the Tribbie... well you killed my attempt at a D-elf Warrior,
Veissa, with your guards.

-Actually, it was bloody shackles as you tried to run back to the village and died to the inherrent damage }>.

>Guess that's some payback to the
stuff I did to Makivante. Hell your elf warrior practically
caused me to roll Veissa.

You still hung up on that? That was years ago, I've grown into a bigger boy then that .

> Unfortunately my current character
character didn't ever interact with you because he's still too
busy mastering his damned spells, but I wish you would have
stayed so I could.
Take care, and come back, your characters tend to be a lot
more interesting than the norm.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the comments and look forward to doing battle with or allied with you in the future.

-Deveskrius Tresevant, the Dark Knight.

BolderethWed 01-Jan-03 12:21 PM
197 posts
#13719, "Heya Valg..."
In response to Reply #1

What were your opinions? What did I do right and should repeat, and what did I do wrong that I should improve upon in my next visit to the darker side of the street? I know one of them things I should change is to stay off the forums...but I can't help it, I'm a vocal guy.

ValguarneraThu 02-Jan-03 01:03 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13720, "RE: Heya Valg..."
In response to Reply #24

I liked Deveskrius a good deal, and he probably led the league in bonus discretionary XP kicks. I thought you did most everything right IC (and I was looking forward to you trying to cut a deal with Big Chief Elf Lady), but I have to agree that you should avoid discussing your current character on forums, even if you use a handle. (I can't see IPs of forum posters, but it was immediately obvious to me on several occasions what character you were talking about.) Doubly so for issues you could be addressing more aggressively IC.

There goes one of my plans for a new Advisor. Back to scouring the ranks!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Virinahn (Guest)Wed 01-Jan-03 03:12 PM

#13718, "RE: The old man bites the dust."
In response to Reply #1

Hey, sorry to see you go i was hoping you would stick around. My character was hoping to glean some knowledge from you. Anyways you did a great job, much better than my AP went. See you around.
Virinahn

Helga (Guest)Wed 01-Jan-03 04:34 PM

#13717, "Dam"
In response to Reply #1

I'll miss having you around I was always glad to see you log on becuase you were such a monster. I hope I meet you again in the fields again. Well played out RP too...

BriaWed 01-Jan-03 08:38 PM
185 posts
#13715, "Dirty rat bastard!"
In response to Reply #1

You suck, I had such plans for you. Would I have kept my word?, well... hmm kinda, but lets face it there was a flaw in you dealing with an elf to pull this off, so something was going to not go as planed, but now you will never know.

And as for not being around as much, yeah, I have been working a ton, thanks to the holidays, as well as changing ISP and having limited access. But that should be over for those of you that didn't delete.

DC (Guest)Wed 01-Jan-03 08:45 PM

#13716, "Awww."
In response to Reply #27

Heheheh. Its ok, one of these days I'll start slowing down and taking my time with things further and uh, stoping dying and getting kicked out of cabals and stuff would probably help against the rage deletion stuff too but hey, I'll work on it . I know how the ton of work by the Holidays things goes, c'est la vie, welcome to the club .

Narissa (Guest)Thu 02-Jan-03 12:27 AM

#13713, "Remember the time"
In response to Reply #1

We were running from a bunch of goodies looking for us? And hid ourselves in some dark forest and started talking together? Remember Deitran, you and me kicking asses around? Also with a certain assassin named Dokren...

Then I didn't see much of you. I'm sure the goodies had a whole lot of sway in Thera at one stage. A baddie turning up and all the goodie bastards flock to find him/her. I'm sure when the baddies hold sway, it's going to be the same thing.

Best of luck with your next.

DC (Guest)Thu 02-Jan-03 03:37 AM

#13714, "RE: Remember the time"
In response to Reply #29

Do I ever...man that was a pain. Two airforms, a healer trying to gate, and a god damned shaman to boot. You'd be surprised how quickly I found noflyto, nonightgaunt, nogate rooms and learned to SIT. Hehehe.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13710 Previous topic | Next topic