Subject: "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Tohrlin the Grand Master of Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136722
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 30-Apr-19 10:44 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136722, "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Tohrlin the Grand Master of Artistry"

Tue Apr 30 22:40:03 2019

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Tohrlin perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:66

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Lhydia, 01-May-19 05:50 AM, #1
     Reply I blame you., Tohrlin (Anonymous), 01-May-19 12:38 PM, #2
          Reply Hey I can't help if..., Lhydia, 01-May-19 04:35 PM, #3
               Reply 1000 Role XP ain't bad..., SPN, 03-May-19 08:56 PM, #4
                    Reply I think it is more...., Lhydia, 04-May-19 05:47 AM, #5
                         Reply If you did a gnome warrior and only was able to get two..., Blkdrgn, 04-May-19 07:57 AM, #6
                              Reply What I was trying to communicate..., Lhydia, 04-May-19 09:36 AM, #7
                                   Reply Who wants to play a gnome warrior for 200+ hours anyway..., Bemused, 04-May-19 10:10 AM, #8
                                   Reply RE: What I was trying to communicate..., IrishMidnight, 04-May-19 12:21 PM, #9
                                        Reply ...but that is how it works and what I was describing....., Lhydia, 04-May-19 02:39 PM, #10

LhydiaWed 01-May-19 05:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136724, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
In response to Reply #0

WHY DID YOU AUTO

WHO CARES THAT I DELETED RIGHT AFTER WE HEROED

BATTLE NEEDS BARDS

Tohrlin (Anonymous)Wed 01-May-19 12:38 PM
Charter member
#136725, "I blame you."
In response to Reply #1

You were fun to hang around! I was definitely bummed when you up and deleted right after we had both heroed. Ahhh well, I'll be back in battle soon enough I'm sure.

LhydiaWed 01-May-19 04:35 PM
2390 posts
#136728, "Hey I can't help if..."
In response to Reply #2

...I took parry anything and destroyed all my edge chances only to find out it was nerfed insanely. Also only got 1000 xp for what I thought was a killer role so no help there.

I have the CF ADHD and I'm trying to figure out what low investment character I can get the biggest impact from playing. So far Outlander Gorilla/Falcon is the winner but then the hero range deleted because there were always one of 3 outlander shamans on.

Then I immediately went gnome berserker thinking omg that would be fun to explore some things with you but nooooooooo. Also wtf at 3 mage kills to be berserker. You are absolutely ####ed if during your play times there are only 3-4 people playing. Got my kills but then realized I would never be able to get the edges I wanted without investing a couple hundred hours in the character that I didn't have.

So then I rolled up something else that is probably about to auto because I rolled up something else too. So all together like 4 characters in a month trying to find myself. =(

And then you deleted!

SPNFri 03-May-19 08:56 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#136743, "1000 Role XP ain't bad..."
In response to Reply #3

It caps at 1400. Another entry or two and you would've maxed out.

LhydiaSat 04-May-19 05:47 AM
2390 posts
#136744, "I think it is more...."
In response to Reply #4

'I realize I will only get 2 edges with this character. I hope to get X and Y'. I already maxed out everything I can do to get edges on my end and got X, now I'm waiting for my role to be read. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Not just this for this character in this example. But like..waiting for a week or two for my initial role to be read. I've already put in a few updates that cover me to hero and nothing new has happened. And THEN I get 1000xp. So now I get to figure out something completely filler to write for another 500 xp and week or two of waiting time. So potentially waiting a month to get a few edge points so I MIGHT have enough to get this other fancy edge I want. Also finding out the X edge I took (parry anything) only fired twice in the characters life, so complete waste.

No thanks.

I made the mistake of changing my perception about edges once I saw we could farm obs/expl points. Before I was like 'edges do not exist, lets build X character!', but then it went to 'Oh I can get edges again, lets do X char with edges A and B!'

So back to doing only edgeless character builds for the most part, or just going in with the understanding I will get 1 edge.

Yay throwaway shifters!

BlkdrgnSat 04-May-19 07:57 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
295 posts
#136745, "If you did a gnome warrior and only was able to get two..."
In response to Reply #5

You did something wrong lol. I was able to get all the gnome edges and quite a few more without getting leader as Kipple. Not sure why you are having difficulties getting edges unless you are specifically going for super high tier ones that don't really impact your game play. Also I could have told you parry anything was garbage but really only shined against dagger specs, nothing else. Was nice when fighting Rastensol and Potatoes as Ziryn cause some fights I'd hit like 2 parry anythings on them and it was funny when you'd see a hurl get parried.

LhydiaSat 04-May-19 09:35 AM
2390 posts
#136746, "What I was trying to communicate..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Sat 04-May-19 09:36 AM

I don’t have the patience to wait. With the time I have in my life to play CF I am way more in need of instant gratification to feel satisfied. Edges used to be a part of that process and I thought they were again because of obs/explore but that was me setting myself up for disappointment thinking the changes would allow me to change my previous view on obtaining edges. I spent years of my CF time getting 20+ edges so that is just what I am used to. Less edges is waaaaay less fun, but it isn’t worth not playing the game over, in my opinion. I just need to pretend edges don’t exist and adjust my builds accordingly. If that makes more sense. It wasn’t that after a couple hundred hours I couldn’t have taken the gnome edges and then some, it’s that I don’t have a couple hundred hours to devote to getting to the point that I can compete.

BemusedSat 04-May-19 10:10 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#136747, "Who wants to play a gnome warrior for 200+ hours anyway..."
In response to Reply #7

gr

IrishMidnightSat 04-May-19 12:21 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136749, "RE: What I was trying to communicate..."
In response to Reply #7

You're on to something... I'd like to present the argument that edges should be one of the non-instant forms of gratifications. And in fact, should become even easier to attain at older age.

In RP logistics, it makes sense. Two warriors going to battle but one has seen 7 centuries, the other hasn't even lived a full century. That warrior who's seen 700 years ought to have an edge(s) more than that green warrior.

LhydiaSat 04-May-19 02:39 PM
2390 posts
#136752, "...but that is how it works and what I was describing....."
In response to Reply #9

gr

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136722 Previous topic | Next topic