Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Dyniella the Weaver of the Elements" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136490
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 06-Mar-19 05:48 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136490, "(CON LOSS) [None] Dyniella the Weaver of the Elements"

Wed Mar 6 16:45:05 2019

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Dyniella perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:140

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My Dearest Dyniella!, Njork (Anonymous), 07-Mar-19 08:34 PM, #12
Reply You were an inspiration!, Korsgaard, 06-Mar-19 11:32 PM, #9
Reply what is wrong with this elf?, dro, 06-Mar-19 07:19 PM, #1
     Reply WOOOO! Great job!, CFer (Anonymous), 06-Mar-19 07:41 PM, #2
     Reply RE: WOOOO! Great job!, dro, 06-Mar-19 07:46 PM, #3
          Reply RE: WOOOO! Great job!, CFer (Anonymous), 06-Mar-19 07:50 PM, #4
               Reply RE: WOOOO! Great job!, dro, 06-Mar-19 10:43 PM, #8
     Reply Zmud target, Saagkri, 06-Mar-19 07:57 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Zmud target, dro, 06-Mar-19 08:05 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Zmud target, Saagkri, 06-Mar-19 08:12 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Zmud target, dro, 08-Mar-19 02:33 PM, #13
     Reply Heck!, Fyliena (Anonymous), 07-Mar-19 04:42 AM, #10
     Reply Without trying to make light of it, incognito, 07-Mar-19 08:16 AM, #11

Njork (Anonymous)Thu 07-Mar-19 08:34 PM
Charter member
#136505, "My Dearest Dyniella!"
In response to Reply #0

I echo the comment that you are an inspiration. I remembered some time ago that someone posted that they had a stroke and they were still playing CF. When I met you and when you explained to me that you may not have the reactions of others, I put the two and two together!

I really enjoyed traveling with you and was rooting for you! I hope you continue playing and perhaps even give Herald a try.

I loved your "nothing bad sticks" attitude.

Best and warmest wishes! -N V'K-

KorsgaardWed 06-Mar-19 11:32 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136500, "You were an inspiration!"
In response to Reply #0

I know there was some frustration in the beginning and I hope I was able to help you through it. I know that the other players will now realize how much of a challenge you had but despite the odds you stuck through it and kept trucking. I'm hoping others will take a page from your book and show a little compassion when there's room and keep their head up when the odds are not in their favor. We will always root for the underdog and I look forward to seeing you return with another!

Good luck and best wishes! See you in the fields.

droWed 06-Mar-19 07:19 PM
Member since 16th Feb 2019
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136491, "what is wrong with this elf?"
In response to Reply #0

pardon fortmatting reason below

ok, so i had a stroke last year and i lost the use of my left hand.
so masochisticallyi decided to try and play a game that involves typing. i learned all i could about aliases but it was apparent pretty quickly i wasnt going to be able to pk.
i am not actually a noob i played in the past many successful chars.
its pretty tough to move around not only that but my brain still being a little jumbled ecxploring new areas was tough.
alot of good things going on with the game right now. imms definitely watch over things.
some not so good things - we badly need more of a playerbase. ranking was awful i lost most of my con in the low 30s due to no groupsthis still appears to be bad i kept trying to think sabt how to solve it maybe lessen lvl req for grouping?
MULTIKILLING IS WAY TOO HIGHbe nicer to other players.
basically i rolled this char to find out whats changed since i last played. before you say why invoker here my char where i learned all my old game knowledge was a gnome invoker named queesha some may remember. my old chr list that i can remember

Gakken(scion

-
Vincero
Drokalyth(TRIB)
ACIELA< BATTLE[br/>ilthuria assassinating assassin
3 other invokers
galial dyns GRANDAPa dhe referred to was a real char i playedi looked up his lastname and used it for dyn
queesha uncab voker explorer
zigrach{scion] was nvr good
quasail WARLOCK
so all those vokers y i did another to learn again

So Dyn was supposed to be a hot spoiled elf who was kind but expected things to be done for her. in her mind she was supposed to have an easy lifeif you were in my pk rangearound 31 ou had to feel for me you had to notice how much i died. i wrote into my role i was gonna go herald seeking safety
then when i had my talk they declared i can no longer help the fort with shields
not raiding was fine with her. though if i had a hand she woulda had an ill fight mentality and also held grudges so she had a crisis of conference at that point and decided to shelf it and think about it.
she had decided that if becoming a herald meant she cannot become a herald that would have been against her beliefs.
dyn really grew to dislike the not grove thats warders she had just started calling them shrubhuggers
she thought they were just as much ofmenaces as imperials but not really a fight that she needed late in lifefrom a neutral havent seen this game in a long time they seemed nothing much more than an entropy cabal that generates reasons to kill people some excluded
i got smacked upby some duid exploring the consortium flying to me i recalled
got smoked at the pit by the bear whys a wood elf drud wannakill an uncaballed elf voker. didnt even rp me a reason i asked

dany would talk to enemies if they would
ry - wtf supp was thaT YOU CAST ON ME SINce THIS MY LEARNING CHAR I AT LEAST WANNA KNOW HOW THAT WORKS i was terrified of you rotting me so i avoided endlesslyit took me a while to figure out why you saw me all the time i forgot abt that nor did i ever really play any foresty chars
the magic talk we had was actually something dany would hsve tasken great interest in were i not orderly
empire - dany appreciated the fact they were orderly they werent gonna jump her ass tryin to get to a guild
Urjasa - dany would never have taken a peace treaty with the imperials
if i could be prepared for it which it seems i was incapable of
id have fought some without running.
she held a big grudge vs empire for that chunk of con they took outta her
trib - dany liked having tribs around
ention did you get some sort of help this elf echo ever? i wrote my stroke into my role so i think imms sent me some paladin help sometimesdany was always looking for you.you seemed strong but bored
and dany always appreciatedd your help.

i had to alias so much stuff i tried to make them easyto type andor funny to remember
id use , the emote maker alot so if you saw me say/do something weirdit was me trying an alias
i nvr did figure out how to enter zmud tgts so i had to set up an alias to shieldi typed your name to shield so like a form i had a different alias for the form so i waited for that form to shield usually or out of it

ragers - id just started collecting wands id have given some of you a real battle if youd have given me a chance to get my #### together
aras was the mageslayer i think -you always got me with my pants down i was impressed with the out of the way one. i see why you were mageslayer
bend thanks for the last death. you killed a cripple congrats! no hard feelings. i know your supposed to.
fort - dany wanted to be in the fort to help in the ways she could.
aurew thanks for the discusion. helped dany make a decision even if she ded
tangu - are you fort? someone called u a squire to me you were a great companion for me led me around made this easy for my one hand
chey - dany liked you too, helped her get her only pk stat orc kill revenge! you seemed like a really good maran. always hunting evil no fear of anything. dany was always locating unicorns and stuff she was gonna give to u f it was ever in
herald - i didnt actually meet many of you.
wood elf bard dany wanted to hang out with you more. you seemed to catch onto my limitations and knew whow tomake things easier for me
njork - i realized how much u had done early so you were my go to in game source for knowlege. u prob thought of me as an AE noob but as queesha i led those things ive just forgot them all by now. thanks for showing me dragons before i died if i hadnt done that id have failed this char btw imms - great update dragons were so sleepwalk before now from what i have seen theyre exciting and fun disappointed i died before i got tiamat
cother game changes - teleport code this makes me sad i was one of the tgt audience my invokers in the past after i got shields i never walked anywherei did realize i couldnt just do this but too late i finally searched it up on main to see wat was going on.i died alpot later in life bc i ws resolved to walking with my con. but i hated this change even tho i can see y it was done
corpse decays to you - this mighta been my favorie change
pit waiting was awful
wands - im a little confused about somethingxtra gbyes
pteric ty for tanking for mini dany and getting her viable i was stuck for a long long time seemed very knowledgeable also
daphedee - dany was very interested in you early on, as sphere beauty, dhe was not modest and would have liked to get your tat so she wanted ur attn that may have influenced her to join herald
i put a kitchen wench twist on her applying imade a women in the kitchen comment i dont think you liked during her interview

i also was gonna start cooking things elementally with magic which worked w her idea of beauty - her creation was beautiful
didnt write all of it into the role but dany was excitement drivenso she would have liked to be able to pk if i could but i was really just a punching bag unless i had someone like cheyerre lugging me around
final thoughts - please be nice to noobish looking players this game badly needs more ppl the xp bonus stuff is cool i didnt get to experience it much is xp boost/learning announced?this was another reason i ooc wanted to join herald fill njorks treasure trove i remember when i first started mudding my science teacher mr jordan got the whole class playing mr jordan do u still play?the mud went down for a while for like an age end or something i didnt understand at that point but they put s test server up for ppl to screw around on
one of my friends in the cpu lab prayed can i b lvl 30 and all of a sudden they ranked him up and everyone else the game turned into thieves necros summoning everyonw wwhho made a char to the hidden room forsummon bjs oh the good ol days anyone remember that
anyways treasure trove i tried other muds then and i was most interested in games where gear was everywhere so ooc try and recreate that enviroment while do some exploring catch up what i missed check out the changes maybe help build playerbase in the mean time
bc id really like to be able to pk when/if my hand decides to do something againi have all sorts of chars ideas i cant play rn edges are cool
sorry foor formatting which reminds me orsgaard thx for the desc help

CFer (Anonymous)Wed 06-Mar-19 07:41 PM
Charter member
#136492, "WOOOO! Great job!"
In response to Reply #1

Dude I'm pretty sure I ranked you at least 45 of your 51 titles across several characters.

I could tell what was going on with your typing ever since your Danielle days. I sort of messed with you calling you Danielle across a few characters but hey, whatever, it was funny to me.

Keep it up and know that you're welcome to keep trying and plugging away here. Just know you're gonna die a lot! Glad you still found enjoyment.

droWed 06-Mar-19 07:46 PM
66 posts
#136493, "RE: WOOOO! Great job!"
In response to Reply #2

thx for the help were u an elf thief by chance? bc i kinda wondered y u disappeared

CFer (Anonymous)Wed 06-Mar-19 07:50 PM
Charter member
#136494, "RE: WOOOO! Great job!"
In response to Reply #3

That was one of them, yep. A lot of shifters too. I accomplished my goal for the most part with the thief.

droWed 06-Mar-19 10:43 PM
66 posts
#136499, "RE: WOOOO! Great job!"
In response to Reply #4

hell thx for all the ranks i think i know who still alive called me danielle lolu saved me from early con

SaagkriWed 06-Mar-19 07:55 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#136495, "Zmud target"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 06-Mar-19 07:57 PM

Using the menu, create a new alias...
Name:
tt

value:
#VAR target %1
#CR
#SAY Target is now @target

In game:

> tt johin
Target is now johin

Your shield alias' value should be something like:
Name: fs
Value: c 'frostshield' @target

When you use it:
>fs
c 'frostshield' johin

Also note that you only need the first several letters of a name and CF will assume the whole name.

Hope it helps. If you need more tips (I have the /,*,- on my numberpad cycle through my three stored targets)

droWed 06-Mar-19 08:05 PM
66 posts
#136496, "RE: Zmud target"
In response to Reply #5

thank you! god would that have made my life easier tested already on side project

SaagkriWed 06-Mar-19 08:12 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#136497, "RE: Zmud target"
In response to Reply #6

I'm certainly not in your boat mobility-wise, but despite being a software engineer and beginning my computer fascination 35 years ago with an Apple IIe, I never learned to type...and it only gets worse under pressure.

droFri 08-Mar-19 02:33 PM
66 posts
#136510, "RE: Zmud target"
In response to Reply #7

man u have given me the will to try again
ty again. someone on the othe r place tried tp help me i nvr could figure t out though. i think i figured it out having the script now

Fyliena (Anonymous)Thu 07-Mar-19 04:42 AM
Charter member
#136501, "Heck!"
In response to Reply #1

I think I was the helpful wood-elf with the name you couldn't remember.

Sorry we didn't get to hang out more. I didn't get exactly what was up with you, though I do think someone had said you were newer to the game, which obviously wasn't the case. Was happy to help with what I did, and usually am in most cases. Impressed as hell by you knowing more about your situation.

CF can be a complete ####show at the best of times, fun as hell but still brutal in many cases, and especially if you go elf. I'm sorry you ran into the sharp end of the twig, though I never knew or was told you can't aid people, so maybe that's erroneous or something new? Sorry if that put you off the Inn, we would have been lucky to have you. I only wanted you to be sure it was what you wanted.

Hope to see you again in some shape or form and best wishes!
GLWYN!

incognitoThu 07-Mar-19 08:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136503, "Without trying to make light of it"
In response to Reply #1

You and I probably have a similar game experience right now. I haven't had a stroke but I mud from a phone with an app that doesn't support aliases. So my typing is terrible. I can't run from a fight because the keys are so small, and I can't accurately type in quaf return for the same reason. So I get slaughtered in pk whereas I am actually very good at pk with a normal keyboard (and aliases even better). I even had an enemy assume that I was out of moves because I was so slow in my efforts to run away and quaff. Whereas I had full moves. Also my character's speech is pretty bad as well!

Our characters did meet and I enjoyed our time together. I honestly couldn't tell that you were facing the challenges you are. Your speech was pretty much perfect as far as I remember!

Good luck with future characters!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136490 Previous topic | Next topic