Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Posatalis Sunglow the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136333
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 23-Feb-19 04:20 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136333, "(CON LOSS) [None] Posatalis Sunglow the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Feb 23 15:16:15 2019

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Posatalis perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:186

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Loved Posatalis, Korsgaard, 23-Feb-19 11:03 PM, #5
Reply I'll be back eventually. I have another build in the fu..., Tesline, 24-Feb-19 11:02 AM, #8
Reply Well done, Vendel (Anonymous), 23-Feb-19 09:30 PM, #4
Reply As always it seems this character was..., Posa/telsine (Anonymous), 23-Feb-19 07:52 PM, #2
Reply I was a big fan, Elithranduil (Anonymous), 24-Feb-19 03:47 AM, #6
Reply Yes was kinda going for the whole his life is falling a..., Tesline, 24-Feb-19 11:07 AM, #9
Reply RE: As always it seems this character was..., Zsorilya (Anonymous), 24-Feb-19 10:35 AM, #7
Reply Fantastic all around. I was rooting for you. GLWYN. nt, Cheyerre Page (Anonymous), 24-Feb-19 11:15 AM, #10
Reply "Posatalis", Ajakirahuut Dargaron (Anonymous), 24-Feb-19 11:31 AM, #11
Reply Enjoyed running with you!, Njork (Anonymous), 24-Feb-19 12:34 PM, #12
Reply I was a fan., Ishuli, 24-Feb-19 01:16 PM, #13
Reply Thank you., Tesline, 28-Feb-19 02:13 AM, #19
Reply Thank you (n/t), Rynranu (Anonymous), 24-Feb-19 03:41 PM, #14
Reply Great enemy!, Saelriza (Anonymous), 25-Feb-19 08:21 AM, #15
Reply Bravo, Caelferous (Anonymous), 25-Feb-19 11:26 AM, #16
Reply Not sure where to start on this one.., Ention (Anonymous), 28-Feb-19 01:06 AM, #17
     Reply Oh yea that was a funny story., Tesline, 28-Feb-19 02:10 AM, #18
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Posatalis Sunglow the Legend of t..., Zarrene (Anonymous), 23-Feb-19 06:04 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks., Tesline, 23-Feb-19 07:59 PM, #3

KorsgaardSat 23-Feb-19 11:03 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136341, "Loved Posatalis"
In response to Reply #0

I am a firm believer in not being a forceful hand when there are mortal leaders in power and basically letting them guide the direction of Fort and its members. In this scenario, Aehwic and Elithranduil gave some input with a plan of action for Posatalis to try and get back into Fort and when became aware to all parties that Posatalis just couldn't or wouldn't then I left it at that.

I know you wanted to be Maran, but the cost of being a Maran is high when goodie kills start racking up. I thought you would have loved the freedom of being a warden so hopefully going that route gave the character some new life. There were many role reasons why I thought this to be the case, but myself and other Immortals might have been pulling you in too many directions at once so if it felt overwhelming, I am sorry for my part.

Your reasons to go Fortress over Outlander were refreshing and gave the character a lot of depth, but it was like an old habit that couldn't be kicked and in the end it felt like Outlander was calling for you. I'd love to see you try a different build in Fortress but I understand if you're done, you're done.

Good luck with your next!

TeslineSun 24-Feb-19 11:02 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136344, "I'll be back eventually. I have another build in the fu..."
In response to Reply #5

I still would like to test out vigilante edge. It is rather hard to convey tone and emotion through text but I'm disappointed in how things went. I am quite fine with what had happened though. It was RPed well and sometimes things aren't fair. What killed this character wasn't a lack of aid, direction, enjoyment, or poor circumstances. It was simply a lack of con to finish what I wanted to finish. Which is my own fault for all those deaths to mobs and players.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

Vendel (Anonymous)Sat 23-Feb-19 09:30 PM
Charter member
#136340, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Major respect to you. Really enjoyed our fights/talks and I was looking forward to doing more with you in hero range. Unfortunately loss of con and life conspiring to cause an unholy purge killed my motivation. I look forward to your next, you were quality. Having good aligned chars that will just beeline you in town is exciting and good for the game.

Posa/telsine (Anonymous)Sat 23-Feb-19 07:52 PM
Charter member
#136337, "As always it seems this character was..."
In response to Reply #0

a complete failure to what I wanted to do. My goal was to figure out how to take the vigilante edge which I did but by that point it was completely useless. I wanted to try and do an actual long lived fortress character but ended up getting kicked due the current climate of the Fortress. Then waited 60 hours to be told that it was impossible for me to return to the Fortress due to the current climate of the Fortress.

They did give me a way back in but it was something that would of caused me to break my character's ethos and go against my character's RP. That is something they could of told me at hour 90 when I was kicked. Seemed like people were just waiting for me to delete instead of giving me an actual chance to get back in.

Went to be an outlander pledge but ended up burning way too much co to continue the character. Being an active pk character at hero with all the restrictions of an outtie with none of the powers kinda sucks.

I rolled this character with the knowledge it would of been possible to get kicked out of the Fortress. (didn't know that it'd be impossible to get back in) So I intended to not follow any immortal because I simply am not skilled enough to manage pk, rp, and a new religion at the same time. Sorry to the immortal that tried to get me to follow their religion. I did try to wrap my head around it but I failed with that also. I do thank you for trying and all the interactions.

Now with all that out of the way I am not upset. I knew the risks considering I've had maran and squires in the past. I didn't expect to unlucky draw but it happens. My character spent a long time trying to compromise with people trying to find a path where I wasn't getting a jagged spike down the tip of my #### for following RP. Due to many events completely separate to the Fortress I kept being put on harder restrictions. Kept having to choose between what other people wanted for my character and what his RP and what I wanted.

Just....too much going on at once. This was my first attempt at a "power" build. I originally intended to go dagger/polearm but I was talked out of it in game. First time dagger spec and first time hand to hand spec. I was completely sure this build was solid so I figured I'd just roll with it.

Fortress:

Aurew: You have been solid for a long while sadly due to many many bad events I didn't outlast you as I had hoped. Know any in game frustration was character annoyance and nothing against your character. I kept trying to improve my RP consistently a lot of things kept falling through the cracks.

Elith....name too long: I hate elven names and mine wasn't much better. Thank you for trying to help me get back in. Sorry for the constant annoyance as I continuously found myself in some kind of trouble. I really enjoyed the talks and the aid.

Cheyerre: Stopped seeing you for some reason. You were fun to have around and I wish I got to learn a bit more about you. My constant issues got in the way of trying to find out more...same for many others.

Islif: Loud dwarfy, but I never know what you are talking about. You seem to be doing well and it's good to see another scribe.

Rynranu: Thanks for the aid with everything. I did learn a lot but gave up on Ktengs as soon as my con hit 7. I realized my character was doomed from there.

Juntio: We didn't really click too much but you did try to aid. Most of the Fortress are solo fighters. You were a prime example of such. That isn't really a bad thing.

Outlander:

Ajakirahut: Great character and damn near impossible to hunt down. I'd rather of ignored you completely but RP required him to atleast try to hunt you.

Ischer: Thank you for the aid and the talks. I realize my character was intentionally a bit dense. I wish I had been rejected earlier so that I could of actually had the con to make the Refuge thing work.

Caelferous: Thank you for all the help and should of listened to you about abandoning the Fortress prior. Would of saved me a lot of bs.

Torma: You were one of the more reasonable people I talked to. Even though you had the whole retarded giant speech at times.

Zsorsorrybadwithnames: Thanks for the talks on outlander RP and trying to save my dumbass under water. While on fire for 9 hours.

Tribunal: As a general catch all...except for Roldgar and Ention. Didn't like any of you. Karch good riddance.

Empire:

Saelriza: You are the reason I'll never play a venom shaman again. It isn't fun to place against. You were solid otherwise. Had no problems with you as a character.

Zaralv: You were good though I didn't get to interact with you too much.

All thieves: I ####ing hate you. Eioda not as muc

Gilversplitz: Thanks for the semi randomness and various conversations.

Njork: You were awesome just wish we could of explored more.

Vendel: Sad to see you disappear. Drow AP is hard.

This character was fun and rough as hell to play out. I think I've killed my urge to ever play the Fortress again. Which is kinda sad as goodie RP can be very in depth and complicated if done right.

The only thing I can say this was a step up in RP/PK from Gaelilga.

Also if I missed anyone it was not intentional....just a lot to remember.

Elithranduil (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-19 03:47 AM
Charter member
#136342, "I was a big fan"
In response to Reply #2

Completely shocked that you con-died this early, since every time I saw you it seemed like you were dominating. I figured you'd be around for quite a while.

For the record, the decision to boot you was entirely mine. From an IC perspective, I think it was the only real option at that point. From an OOC perspective, I honestly thought you were trying to get booted, so that you could transition over to Outlander. Turns out I misread that.

Your attempt to return to the Fort was kind of a mess on both sides. There were too many people involved with too many divergent requirements for you to "redeem" yourself, some of which would never work with Posatalis as a character. Plus there were a few times you sent some mixed signals or seemed to intentionally sabatoge your own efforts, which made it tough to figure out a path forward (or if you even wanted one). I did try to pivot away from any requirement involving following the law, but I think by then it was too late.

I honestly tried to find a chance to re-induct you (mostly for selfish reasons- it's always good to have another competent guy around), but I just couldn't figure out how to justify it.

IC and OOC, I had nothing but love for Posatalis though. Looking forward to your next character.

TeslineSun 24-Feb-19 11:07 AM
582 posts
#136345, "Yes was kinda going for the whole his life is falling a..."
In response to Reply #6

Which would cause over reaction to situations, trying to compromise to make things easier, failing again driving more into more failures, and eventually rising out of it. I think I lost roughly 5 or 6 con to mobs.

Zsorilya (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-19 10:35 AM
Charter member
#136343, "RE: As always it seems this character was..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm thankful I was able to travel with you as recently as I was able (Within the Primeval Dream, you could say I have been, and will be for a little longer, further away than normal traveling distant sands), so I'm especially upset I couldn't save you from that immolation. Was desperately trying to scour for a resistance to heat, but the only thing I could manage would have caused you famish. Sadly I expected I was going to be able to keep you alive, but the location we were at the Spirits are desperately difficult to reach at times.

I really enjoy the Spirit of those like Posatalis, in that most anyone probably would have just ended their journey prematurely and I felt you stuck it out through challenges thick and thin. I really was rooting and hoping that you would find entrance to the refuge - Its horrible you were pulled so many directions cause that type of challenge really needs a bit more direction and synergy with the immortals that can actually make it happen.

-----

Now that your Spirit has fully returned to the Mother, I will pray to the wilds they might find your return once more, if not as one of our own seeking the return of Thar'Eris, an ally no less.

Cheyerre Page (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-19 11:15 AM
Charter member
#136346, "Fantastic all around. I was rooting for you. GLWYN. nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Ajakirahuut Dargaron (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-19 11:31 AM
Charter member
#136347, ""Posatalis""
In response to Reply #2

Posatalis
a warden's treasure
bold and fiery spirit
swallowed by the chasm
between 'was' and 'could be'

this morning star
will not brighten the sky
for it is fallen eternal

Njork (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-19 12:34 PM
Charter member
#136348, "Enjoyed running with you!"
In response to Reply #2

You were very active in cabal wars, which makes it hard to explore. I enjoyed running with you and was rooting for your "against all odds" attitude.

IshuliSun 24-Feb-19 01:16 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#136350, "I was a fan."
In response to Reply #2

Even when you struggled, messed up, or whatever else - it all came through as a cool RP event. I found myself watching Posat more often than not, and definitely enjoyed pretty much everything I saw.

Interesting characters like this are always great, even if they're a struggle or not optimal for pk/cabal/whatever. It felt like the char was a person and that was sweeeeeet.

-Ish

TeslineThu 28-Feb-19 02:13 AM
582 posts
#136411, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #13

That was my biggest goal was to make him to seem and act like a real person would. Seriously the best compliment I've ever gotten.

Rynranu (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-19 03:41 PM
Charter member
#136352, "Thank you (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

Saelriza (Anonymous)Mon 25-Feb-19 08:21 AM
Charter member
#136358, "Great enemy!"
In response to Reply #2

I think Posatalis was a very interesting enemy. On our first meetings i had to be really careful, because you with the company of any other enemy was pretty much death to me. STSF charges so fast...

Thanks for you time around and the adrenaline going on.

Now that you said your constitution was so low, i kind of understand why you avoided me in the end.

Well played and GLWYN.

Caelferous (Anonymous)Mon 25-Feb-19 11:26 AM
Charter member
#136362, "Bravo"
In response to Reply #2

Hey man, I reallllly enjoyed Posatalis. Our interactions were always top notch, and I felt like you were one of the only people I had a really solid RP line with. Sorry if for my part trying to pull you into the refuge confused things for your character. I was told by an Imm to keep working with you, but for you to know the road would be long and hard, and I tried to convey that to you, hoping you had the patience and con to make it. You would have been a perfect Warden. Your opinion, and stance on evil varied wildly from mine, and I hope you got the impression that I did NOT feel you needed to change the way you approached things (IE: Reavers) to be successful. I just wanted to drive home the understanding of their importance in the cycle of things. Anyway, really enjoyed Posatalis, when I stopped seeing you around much I figured you must be getting low on con, and that made me sad.

GLWYN.

-Caelferous

Ention (Anonymous)Thu 28-Feb-19 01:06 AM
Charter member
#136408, "Not sure where to start on this one.."
In response to Reply #2

I wanted you a handful of times when you were rising up through the ranks. I originally thought you were an outlander. Once it was made know you weren't, dealing with you gave me something to break the ice with Fortress Leadership as the Envoy.

Then as a hero, you seemed to slow down a bit on the wanton criminal activity, even got a chance to travel with you a bit. Then you asked me how you judged, and I told you, you were close to losing being able to hang with Tribs, and you said you would stop being a criminal. Not even a day or two later, you up and quite Fort and I heard you were a wanted outtie applicant. I didn't know what to make of it.

Then I got pulled into the scuffle under the tree between you and Cael, and Muzzrett and Nahvrok while I was trying to retrieve, and #### got crazy. It got real. It got real crazy. https://twitter.com/carrionfields/status/1093644333344059392 and I never really ever saw you again...

Anyways, I enjoyed the conflict you brought between goodies, as it made me step back and try to evaluate how to deal with wanted goodies.

GWLYN

TeslineThu 28-Feb-19 02:10 AM
582 posts
#136410, "Oh yea that was a funny story."
In response to Reply #17

After the first time you tried to retrieve when I was injured from defending the huntress. Muzzret decided it'd be real cool to go for the extremely cheap kill by ambushing me at the huntress having me flee out into his snare then finish me. Normally that is kinda lame but since I was defending the Scales as a goodie fighting a goodie as an outlander applicant. It was a little extra lame. Not the worst I've seen but just kinda gross (my own opinion). Which caused a bunch of fighting.

Oh there was a lot of back burner issues including having a goodie magistrate murder my character while wanted on eastern after being half dead from fighting an evil (yay goodie paladin RP). Karch following my character around to strip him of anything of worth if I happened to die. (Karch was out of range with a full army to loot everything so he could pick through it) He returned less than half my things each time. Each time taking my prep chest. One of the major things that drove my character to act more violently towards magistrates. A lot of backstabby things that caused posa to even defend the Scales against you as normally he would of ignored you trying to get the Scales back. He hated Magistrates not for making him a criminal but for just in general being ####ty people that seemed to deserved the reputation the outlanders gave them.

He tried to find a peaceful solution to work atleast not against the Magistrates but continued slaps in the face forced his actions.

Zarrene (Anonymous)Sat 23-Feb-19 06:04 PM
Charter member
#136334, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Posatalis Sunglow the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

That's too bad to see. You seemed crazy and willing to jump into the fight at all times. And you really embraced the outlander thing when you learned you couldn't get back into fort.

I never did get around to talking to aurew about you, but I don't think you honestly wanted it.

GLWYN man.

TeslineSat 23-Feb-19 07:59 PM
582 posts
#136338, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't need you to as we were fine. Just the character didn't like how things turned out. Yea how I play tends to burn a lot of con kinda fast but it wouldn't be fun for me otherwise. If I had rolled this character a few months from now I'd likely of not of been kicked out or at the very least given a chance to get back in.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136333 Previous topic | Next topic