Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ehlonyra n'Suielhir the Wandering ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135847
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Dec-18 03:48 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135847, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ehlonyra n'Suielhir the Wandering Troubadour, Bartender of the Eternal Star"

Wed Dec 26 02:46:19 2018

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Ehlonyra perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:834

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Had Fun!, Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 26-Dec-18 10:21 PM, #3
Reply RE: Had Fun!, Daphedee, 01-Jan-19 09:28 AM, #7
Reply Cool story bro., Agilus (Anonymous), 01-Jan-19 05:13 PM, #9
Reply Well..., Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 02-Jan-19 03:37 AM, #10
Reply RE: Had Fun!, Rahsael, 01-Jan-19 03:38 PM, #8
     Reply Yeah..., Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 02-Jan-19 03:45 AM, #11
Reply Finally happened eh!, Itham, 26-Dec-18 09:09 PM, #2
Reply RE: Finally happened eh!, Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 26-Dec-18 10:27 PM, #5
     Reply Lol, Alemius (Anonymous), 28-Dec-18 05:42 PM, #6
          Reply You were sorely missed., Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 02-Jan-19 03:50 AM, #12
Reply Fun times, Saagkri, 26-Dec-18 04:47 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Fun times, Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 26-Dec-18 10:25 PM, #4

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Wed 26-Dec-18 10:21 PM
Charter member
#135860, "Had Fun!"
In response to Reply #0

Hey everyone, where to start?
I had loads of fun, made lots of friends, met interesting people, friends and foes alike and in some cases those weren’t mutually exclusive. Lots of highs, a few lows, but fun over all. I’d like to give Aiya and Ainilith (I may be butchering that and if so I’m sorry!) for sticking it out with me as I gradually dissipated. Was super happy to finally say Aiya again before I checked out, and even get to fight a couple things that would have wrecked young characters had they wandered into them.
But I digress…
Seriously too many friends to list them all.
Special shout out and thanks for all of the Imms, especially Whiysdan, Daphedee and even Rahsael.
Initially made Ehlonyra thinking about maybe following Ishuli, but who can resist Whiysdan? He’s such a hoot! I’d tackled a Daphedee follower but I don’t think I’m flawed enough, or brave enough to tackle a (game mechanics) flaw. But seriously appreciated the hell out of Daphedee and Whiysdan. And of course all the Imms, I’m very appreciative and impressed that you’re all able to maintain your appreciation and love for a game that can sometimes try to turn your lemonade into lemons, when you run into a few ultra sour types. On that note, I hope that Hell will return to the list of places that we can hope to explore. I never ventured beyond the antechamber of its lower tiers, but even it was a fun place to wile away the time and run around in.
To me it’s pretty simple, this is a game, it’s meant to be fun and the best way to keep it flowing is to foster interest in veteran and newbie alike. Maybe with an obvious emphasis on newer types. And I did my best to do that, for the game, for the Inn and very selfishly, for myself. Keep on having fun everyone, it’s kind of the whole point.
Drop me a line and I’ll do my best to respond.
Hopefully my schedule will clear up a bit more and I can jump back in, and it’s ironic that just as I found my interest waxing again and time allowing me to play that it was the run up to the end, but them’s the breaks.
Peace!

DaphedeeTue 01-Jan-19 09:28 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135884, "RE: Had Fun!"
In response to Reply #3

You didn't really bounce back the way I hoped after getting reinducted but I'm glad you still had fun.

Some advice to you would probably be to not hold so much limited gear in your inventory, especially if you can't handle losing it. People already hate Heralds for being "gear lockers" who don't have the same risks to lose said gear as other PK-oriented characters/cabals. And if I'm being honest, you kinda struck me that way too especially given your meltdown when you actually lost some of it.

Take it as a learning experience and good luck with your next!

Agilus (Anonymous)Tue 01-Jan-19 05:13 PM
Charter member
#135889, "Cool story bro."
In response to Reply #7

I was your only pk because I stole stuff from you.

I consider that a rp/pk badge of honor.

But yes, losing gear and breaking role as a Herald is common.

Just kidding with you. <3

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Wed 02-Jan-19 03:37 AM
Charter member
#135891, "Well..."
In response to Reply #7

Well I've had stuff stolen before, it's annoying especially when you're playing the type of char that will help pretty much anyone. I've been stolen from by ahole types who make thieves just to grief people on the mud, and who never last more than 100 or so hours and then auto delete.
What made this one resonate in a bad way was that it was done by a thief who my char had helped since they were young, and who then kept on keeping on even when asked to stop. And in the end, they too deleted after a bit and all I asked of them was to never speak to me again. Not because I could never get the stuff back or something adjacent or whatever, but because of the betrayal of trust.
Insofar as bouncing back goes, I'm not sure. It's a fair point, because the dent had resonated and the proverbial twist after the dagger was driven home was that it was Imm instigated. Not hard to steal from someone who sits in the Inn most of the time, though lots seem to think it's impossible to steal there. So having an Imm push for it just told me I needed to avoid the roleplay aspect of dealing with certain Imm-controlled npcs that might visit. One look and I stopped being a character to interact with and instead became an abject lessen or curious target. But then emissaries of shady types need to follow their rp too so.
I never saw Whiysdan again sadly, though I did feel I'd tainted the character so didn't go after it like I probably should have. But the meltdown was that someone I (my char) considered a friend, would do it. Granted, I the player didn't appreciate an immortal mandate being given to piss in my post toasties but such is life.
In the end I had fun, and hopefully helped others out and made the mud more appealing for some. As the staff knows all too well, it makes a hell'uva lot more sense to focus on those you can please than those you can't. Sorry if I missed the bar. (Pun intended.)

RahsaelTue 01-Jan-19 03:38 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135888, "RE: Had Fun!"
In response to Reply #3

I liked Ehlonyra. I must say I was pretty surprised when you uninducted yourself following that one incident. Since most of the stolen stuff was utter excess, and some of it even unusable by you, I didn't expect you to take it so hard.

It was nothing personal. As the God of Loss, Rahsael tries to create situations like this on occasion. If I spot someone who seems to have a TON of extra gear, and they seem to have held onto it for a long while, I might task a prominent thief (if one exists) to liberate some of those belongings. I'm sorry that it seemed to take the wind from your sails. I'm glad you didn't delete, and that you played it through to the end, at least.

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Wed 02-Jan-19 03:45 AM
Charter member
#135892, "Yeah..."
In response to Reply #8

I took it hard. Thought about becoming a free songs for life for anyone who wanted to raid the village, or offering to go with others and do the same, but didn't want to stain the Inn or my fellow Heralds as an automatic byproduct so uninduction seemed better. I did want to delete. But couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.
Again, not your fault. You ARE the God of Loss, it was that the thief in question did it and wouldn't stop.
But as with life, you decide whether you're going to let things change you or stay the course. (Eventually.) So at some point I went back to what I enjoyed about the character which was generally helping whoever unless they were rude or super excessive about it, and trying to make things fun for people.
No hard feelings.

IthamWed 26-Dec-18 09:00 PM
Member since 29th Apr 2018
126 posts
#135858, "Finally happened eh!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 26-Dec-18 09:09 PM

Went through 3 characters of you worrying about being old. Been checking the battlefield for the past 2 months looking for this so I could say thanks!

Thanks for being wonderfully friendly. When I returned to cf after not playing for a very very long time I had no clue what I was doing or where things were anymore. You were very helpful in getting me back into CF. I wouldn't of stuck it out otherwise.

Loved our exploring and travelling together when I played Itham, saw most of the mud cause of you and the conjie.

Sorry I couldn't keep the thieves from pillaging your inventory with either of my tribunal pallies

Hope we can cross paths again in the future if/when I can start playing again. The mud needs more people like you

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Wed 26-Dec-18 10:27 PM
Charter member
#135862, "RE: Finally happened eh!"
In response to Reply #2

As someone who had been away from the game for a long time myself I totally get coming back and having to start from scratch. Glad I could help you weather that! And yeah, the thieves were no fun, and the law is stupid about that. (IMO of course.) But it is what it is. Thanks for the good times and it was always fun to grab our cranky old conjurer and decide what new adventures were next and how best to try to keep his servitors from killing him. Ha!

Alemius (Anonymous)Fri 28-Dec-18 05:42 PM
Charter member
#135873, "Lol"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah it was fun dragging you two around, but I sort of run out of Con and places to go.... Considering my last conjie that I played almost 9 years ago followed by four bards in a row: I think this was sort of experimental and hopefully successful in a way

Anyways good luck with your next and yes I am still grumpy...

Cheers

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Wed 02-Jan-19 03:50 AM
Charter member
#135893, "You were sorely missed."
In response to Reply #6

Always looked forward to you popping on though a lot of the time I couldn't speak with you because of where you were. When you vanished, lots of our fun went with you. Later, I think I briefly helped a rager who might have been you in Maltrakis but that's just a guess. It's tough age dying a char that lives 800+ hours if only you can't remember all of the fun and interesting people you met along the way. You were definitely one of those.
Hope you're still playing and having fun.

SaagkriWed 26-Dec-18 04:47 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#135853, "Fun times"
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed exploring with you as Serris as well as several other characters. Good natured and fun. It did seem like you reached a point where you were less into the character. I was playing a shifter after Serris was gone and you weren't as adventurous and happy-go-lucky as I remembered. I get that way when a character is nearing age death which is why most of mine auto at 450 hours.

Anyway, it was great being a Herald with you and GLWYN!

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Wed 26-Dec-18 10:25 PM
Charter member
#135861, "RE: Fun times"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, picked up on a lot of your chars I believe, but I think we can all drift into formulaic patterns and yours are good so no need to change. Loved running around with Serris, and running all over the place! I got super busy at one point, and yes, the looming specter of death can dent the fun factor if you let it. For a while, I did. It took logging on and watching all my stuff vaporize for me to eventually decide that I was being dumb and convince me to dive back in. So I got another 32 hours to play and then the end.

But you can impact a lot of people in 32 hours, and I like to 'think' I pulled that off at least a little and contributed to some people's enjoyment of the game. Time will tell...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135847 Previous topic | Next topic