Subject: "(DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, Fr" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13554
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 27-Dec-02 12:48 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13554, "(DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, Fr"

Fri Dec 27 00:43:51 2002

5 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Phylanthorin perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:445
PK Ratio:18% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sebeok? Saldradien?, Phylanthorin (Guest), 06-Jan-03 04:50 PM, #33
Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., noldan (Guest), 01-Jan-03 01:45 PM, #32
Reply You forgot the Eeeeevil scheming gnome!, Kambolik (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:21 AM, #20
Reply ciao, Alnallander, 27-Dec-02 02:57 AM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Arehanah (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:19 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:37 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Arehanah (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:42 AM, #16
          Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:49 AM, #17
Reply Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long), Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:21 AM, #3
Reply My desc (oops), Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:26 AM, #4
Reply Well you impress me..., Anith (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:38 AM, #7
Reply RE: Well you impress me..., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:01 AM, #12
Reply Bloody hell!, Sassmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:38 AM, #8
Reply RE: Bloody hell!, Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:43 AM, #9
Reply Hmmm., Panir Azzamen (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:52 AM, #10
Reply RE: Hmmm., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:57 AM, #11
Reply I'll miss the fights, Opija (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:01 AM, #19
Reply RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long), Esmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:52 AM, #21
Reply RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long), Ulthur, 27-Dec-02 09:47 AM, #23
Reply Good luck, Trajeona (Guest), 27-Dec-02 11:48 AM, #25
Reply RE: Good luck, Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 04:50 PM, #31
Reply RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long), Astaria (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:59 PM, #27
Reply RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long), Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:11 PM, #29
Reply Ah, the Paladin who ticked Guen off a few times, Guenrayn (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:07 PM, #28
Reply See ya!, Vortigern (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:26 PM, #30
Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:58 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:28 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:27 PM, #26
Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:31 AM, #6
          Reply To class or not to class, Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:14 AM, #13
               Reply Nunchyk..., Sassmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 08:44 AM, #22
                    Reply I had insect with Blimbali, Oddjob, 27-Dec-02 10:08 AM, #24

Phylanthorin (Guest)Mon 06-Jan-03 04:50 PM

#13555, "Sebeok? Saldradien?"
In response to Reply #0

Just wish you guys would maybe comment on how you viewed this char etc. Being it was my first hero I am really looking for where I need to improve my rp, etc.

noldan (Guest)Wed 01-Jan-03 01:45 PM

#13556, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #0

Nice feller, member going after the scions with you and gwimdorf, Sadly enough at the exact moment a nice little birrdy swoops down and decided my eays look yummy my link dropes, Though I cant member how we got seperated My char felt like ##### for that, Letting gwimdorf die and making yeh needa run, Ahh sorry tons, Stupid con!!!!

Kambolik (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:21 AM

#13557, "You forgot the Eeeeevil scheming gnome!"
In response to Reply #0

I was impressed with the effort you gave this char, I saw him with Kambolik and one other that im not going to name. Great first hero, and good roleplay skills too. And you were far from a poor fighter. I definately made sure protective shield was always up when i saw you in the realms, you really almost had me that one time

Good luck with life

AlnallanderFri 27-Dec-02 02:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13558, "ciao"
In response to Reply #0

Could tell it was likely one of your first heroes, if not your first, but I appreciated the enthusiasm you showed.

Watched you rise through the ranks with the "Free of the Cities" or what not.

Was a pleasure.

Arehanah (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:19 AM

#13559, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #0

With the amount of detail and emotion you are going to be an incredible player someday soon. You did pretty darn good on this one as well. I look forward to seeing the character and player mature as time goes on

Arenahah

feel free to email me: arehanah@lycos.com

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:37 AM

#13560, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #14

Thanks for the compliments. My real goal is to earn a brand with a character now. I pinned too many hopes on Phylanthorin and ended up burning out early. I had my heart set on some leadership position and a brand, but when it didn't seem like it was coming I got ansy and played even more rather than finding a pace and going into a cruise control.

Arehanah (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:42 AM

#13561, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #15

I could tell that you were in it looking for some sort of reward. That's why I didn't think you were ready. I could tell that you were antsy before being inducted into Sylvan, and when you lost your powers. All Arehanah was trying to tell you was to slow down and enjoy yourself no matter what armor you have on, what cabal powers you have, or whatever.

You had such a great thing going and I wanted you to sit down and enjoy it.

You'll learn that you can't 'win' CF as you play more often. I think you are going to be one of the most prominent players in the coming characters, if you do come back, which I hope you do.

Please don't get angry with my criticism, it really is only to help.

Arehanah

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:49 AM

#13562, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #16

Now that things are over I can look back on it much more objectively than I could when I was in the middle of it. When I sent you those long e-mails explaining what was going on I wasn't so much angry at being criticized as much as I wanted you to understand that there was a lot going on there that maybe you hadn't realized, or maybe you had.

I will make the following comparison however. I played Phylanthorin more hours than Arehanah played total before I was ever inducted into Sylvan. I had my first interview at about 50 hours. I was inducted at 281 hours. Arehanah deleted at 220ish if I'm not mistaken, with a brand and with a leadership position. Now I'm not saying I am on your level rp wise, but there are certain advantages to having Arvam as your god. One of those is that you get lots of chances to rp with him. Sebeok, being never visible and with unposted playing times, is a little bit harder to get a hold of. All of my communication with him pretty much went through Bria/Saldradien as far as I know. Even both sets of virtues I got didn't come from him directly. As far as I know there is no Sebeok and its all just a cleverly concealed plot.

<wink> You ought to help me come up with my next character.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:21 AM

#13563, "Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long)"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I had my goodbye scroll all written before Nunchyk went and rage deleted. I gathered my enemies and friends, distributed gear, and prayed to my Lord. I am leaving for Japan on Saturday for a week, and when I come back I'll be training full time (when not working at Intel) for the US Open Judo Tournament.

I can't begin to describe how much a weight was lifted when I typed that second delete. I had so much poured into this character, in terms of time and emotional energy, that I knew it needed to end. I had been trying to leave for a long time, knowing that I needed to give Phylan up and get on with doing stuff in real life, but I just couldn't quit. Not with Nunchyk and Gwimdorf pulling me back into the fold every time I decided it was time to put up the spurs.

Phylanthorin was my first hero, and I chose his role and race/class/god because I knew I wouldn't lose interest like I did in so many other would-be first heros of mine. I didn't lose interest, but at times along the way I did lose hope. Thanks to all who helped me along.

For those of you who didn't know, I was sphere Revelation, and it had a huge affect on how I played the character. After I got re-empowered by the Wolf-kin (see qhcf.net for these logs I will be posting soon), I tried to keep things interesting by working more of the wolfishness into my personality, etc.. but in the end the odds just didn't favor me living very long. I didn't like the idea of letting the sapling sit in the Chasm, so I ran in when I knew it was dumb a lot of times, but thats what paladins do sometimes. If the odds were two to one.. I'd take the risk. Often times I got away, lately not so much.

I guess goodbye's are in order:

Sylvan:

Sebeok: I love your religion, and had hoped maybe I'd earn a brand one day. I wished I could have gotten some questions answered about half-drow/other issues of religion but we never got to talk. I prayed a lot and probably pissed off all the Imms.

Saldradien: You were pretty harsh to me I thought at times, and when you told me you'd cut me from the Pack for my little mistake, I took it pretty hard. Phylanthorin had a lot of pride, and he took the words of the Wild Lords very seriously. In many ways you were a kind of surrogate god for him since Seb never spoke to him. I thank you very very much for all the interaction. In many ways I don't think I deserved half of it.

Blimbali: I know I said goodbye to you when you deleted, but I'll list you here as well. You were pretty awesome. I want to play a druid of seb now. I'll email you with lots of questions.

Gwimdorf: When you left a spark died.. I don't know what else to say. You were awesome. Good luck with school and life. I pray that your whoever in your family is sick gets better.

Arehanah: You and I have talked via e-mail. You caused me great personal emotional pain. Just kidding. Phylan was deeply in love with you, but the love/hate line is thin ne. In the end he blamed himself for your leaving and it never left his mind when the Scions began to gang us every day.

Nunchyk: I can't believe you cursed the Wild Lords over cb and then deleted. I thought you had more class than that. I know you were frustrated. Me and you were a deadly combo if we could only keep someone there long enough. Wimpy was our bane.

Other Sylvans: There are a bunch of you who rock (Cardiel, Pendlewig, Agrilenth). Another portion of you need to wake up more than once a year.

Maran:

Vynmylak: Thanks for talking to me and supporting me in my thing against the Minos. I tried to put it together but in the end Warlock went dormant, Ulthur didn't like the idea of genocide, and no one showed up to the meeting I planned to talk about it at. My first big disappointment. However I now have a lot of interest in your religion.

Ulthur, Abthalok: You guys were awesome. Maran needs more of you though or the worlds are going to be covered in Shadow pretty soon.

Villagers:

Intronan: Sorry about walking into the destructor that time..

Guenrayn: You were my favorite.. even if you killed me in duel. I liked the way you played and I thought you were ballsy to choose those specs.

Dawnites:

Esmi: For a while I thought about proposing.. rping with you and Sassmi was fun. Thanks for the help in getting my quest items.

Scion:

Aginal: Rping with you was good. I wish I had been able to have more conversations like the one we had before I left. You are a very skilled invoker.

Anith: Sorry for the bs with the quest items. Posting on qhcf was a big mistake I'll never forgive myself for. I hope there are no hard feelings. Mongoose is a beast and your raven (quest form?) was neat.
I hope you become leader soon.

Huestus: Sorry if you were ld that time. It's hard to rp your way out of wrathing a duergar ap to death when you think he's not in his mind.

Nexans:

In general Phylanthorin was disgusted by all of you. To him being fickle about your allies was about as big a sin as you can have. He had more respect for the Scions who atleast didn't switch sides every time the winds changed. In general you spanked me though, because neutral warriors are not so easy to fight as a paladin.

Here is my score and role:

Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, Free of the Cities
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : storm
Ethos : Neutral Align : Good Class : paladin
Practices: 5 Trains : 0 Hometown : Hamsah Mu'tazz
Exp : 705300 To Level : 31500 Sphere : Revelation/Divination
Hit Point: 688 /663 Mana : 580 /585 Move : 858 /858
Str : 22(22) Int : 17(17) Wis : 17(17)
Dex : 17(17) Con : 8 (8 ) Chr : 19(19)
Carry # : 11/30 Weight : 65 lb 15 oz (Max 477 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 25
Wimpy : 0 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 4 Damroll : 7
AC pierce: 80 Defenseless AC bash : 80 Defenseless
AC slash : 80 Defenseless AC magic : 80 Defenseless
vs Spell : Not protected vs Paralysis : Not protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You are dedicated to fighting with shields.
You are affected by:

ROLE:
Phylanthorin, despite his youth, has seen many things.
He left home at a young age, rebellious at all the social
hipocrisy of the courts of the Storm Giant Kingdom, and
sought to learn for himself the paths and peoples of Thera.
He first swept west of his home town of Tar Valon, making
his way to the desert city of Hamsah Mu'tazz offering
to work as a sailor on a merchant vessel. This took him
to the lands far east of those known to most Therans,
and while in the land of the Easterlings he learned a great
many things. He learned an appreciation of nature and
of a simple life, ordered by the rules of nature rather
than by the rules of men. A local fisherman also taught
him a bit of their sword art, which utilized a curved
blade they called a ka-ta-na. Phylanthorin learned
quite a bit of their language and religion while he lived
with them, and began his worship of the Lord Sebeok while
living in a small fishing village with the easterlings.

Long years passed and Phylanthorin learned and grew ever
stronger as a warrior and priest. When not assailing the
defiling forces of the lands, he sought to explore and learn
all he could of the lands, and the Sylvan Warders as well.

He began to aid the Warders quite actively, striking the
Chasm and defending the Grove as the Warders did, as well
as patrolling the Wilds in search of defilers and keeping
the Warders appraised of the status of the Southlands.
During this time, he envisioned the great evil which would
befall the land if the Minotaurs were allowed to spread.
He discovered their origins in Necromancy, and after long
meditation, decided that the destruction of Seantryn Modan
and the whole of the Minotaur race was the only answer to this
threat against the Mother. To him, this was the worst example
of the corruption of the city, and the evil which Necromancy
represents. He gathered the support of Lord Vynmylak, and
continues to build support to this day.

Near the time of his gaining his final rank in the guild
of Paladins, Phylanthorin met his wife, Arehanah Angelwing
while defending the Grove one day. Immediately they seemd
bound by fate somehow. Both passionate, both once citybound
and both fled from their birth to find solace and unity in the
Wilds. Soon after they met, they were married by Gwimdorf
Stonefoot, priest of Arvam.

Soon after they were married, however, Phylanthorin became
rather confused about his relationship with Arehanah. She
to him, after they were married, of how despite her promise
of marriage, her people never stayed together for more than
a few years at the most. Although he hid it from her, this
stung Phylanthorin's pride terribly, and the doubt which
welled inside him concerning his worth to Sebeok exploded
into doubt concerning his love as well. At this same time,
he was granted entrance to the Warders, and his trials truly
began...

When the city church heard of his choice to leave the cities
for the cathedral of the Wilds, they revoked their blessing
of his priesthood, and for a period severed his link to the
Great Wilderspirit. Having never spoken with his Lord,
Phylanthorin became wracked with doubt of his path, as he
could not tell whether he would ever hear the voice of the
Spirit within his mind again, and although he sought out
legends of Paladins of old.. those before the advent of the
city, he became doubtful he would ever speak or hear from his
Lord again.

At the same time, he was fighting the Chasm every waking
moment, defending the Grove as he could and adapting to his
new powers and limitations. He fell often during this time,
and sought solitude from Arehanah as she often questioned him
as to why he had fallen as if he were a child to be scolded.
She, worried about him, called a meeting with Gwimdorf to
address his isolation. He, offended that she had taken a
personal matter and brought it before the Warders, almost
refused to discuss it... but Arehanah pressed him, and his
fear and doubt poured out of him at the shrine of the
Passionate Angel.

Arehanah questioned his faith for all the words he uttered
there, which only angered him more. She, he thought, who
worshipped Arvam, a Lord who walks the realms often and speaks
to his followers, was in no position to understand his faith
or the trials he had undertaken. For his sake, he felt that
she was a warrior, and understood little of the connection
between priests and their chosen Lords. In the end she bid
him leave the shrine which he did. They never reconciled
from this argument.

Time passed, and Phylanthorin fought and defended, fell and
rose again, each time his doubt growing that he would never
prove his worth to the Wilds and regain his blessing. His
patience almost failed him, and were it not for the aid
of his Father, Gwimdorf Stonefoot, he would surely have
stumbled and fell along the path. The helping hand which
Gwimdorf gave him here, he would realize later was the
hand of the Spirit guiding him, just not as it once had...

The winds spoke to him one day and spoke of an imprisoned
wolf, which he found in the frigid wastelands near Thar
Acacia. Destroying the duergar priest which held him,
Phylanthorin earned an audience with the Wolf-kin Shalthur
of the Land of Dreams. Going to him, a quest was laid before
him to repair his Spirit and be reborn of the Wilds.

When Phylanthorin gathered his friend to complete this quest
however, Arehanah spoke against him, again questioning his
faith and his readiness to be with his Lord again. This
infuriated Phylanthorin beyond all reason for she did so
not just to him, but in front of all the Warders as well. To
Phylanthorin, this matter was of the most personal nature,
as it regarded his link to the Spirit, and not any matter
that the Warders should concern themselves with. If the
Spirit wished him not to be reborn, it would choose.

Arehanah would not trust Phylanthorin, and only agreed to aid
in his quest when Gwimdorf, the other Warders, and a being
of the Wilds spoke in his defense. Phylanthorin did not
want her aid if she did not lend also her trust, and asked her
to leave if she would not trust him. She did not, but instead
continued to mock his words of explanation for the night
he sought solitude, angering him more and more. Eventually
he threatened her, as he could no longer keep control of his
rage. She left at this time, and soon after left the realms
forever. Phylanthorin blames himself for her leaving, and
will until he dies.

He eventually did gather the items for the ritual to repair
his spirit, and took them to the Wolf-kin where he was
infused with the Spirit of the Wolf, forever... and was
also granted a second gift from the Spirit, awarding his
fortitude.

See you all in the fields one day again... but not for a while I don't think.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:26 AM

#13579, "My desc (oops)"
In response to Reply #3

Towering at 14 hands high, a blue skinned giant clad
in seadragon scales of vivid blue and green stands here
his storm coloured eyes scanning the wilderness. A long
katana hangs sheathed in a scabbard of carved sandalwood, dyed
indigo and inlaid with sharks teeth. The hilt is wrapped in
white manta skin and the guard carved of rose coral with
carved schools of sharks and manta rays erupting in
the chaos of the deep sea. His face is mostly covered
by his helm, the skull of a walrus boiled and shaped
to protect his massive skull. A topknot of bright green
hair extends from a hole in the top of the helm, and flows
down past his broad shoulders to stop in the center of his
back, ending in a golden sunburst ornament, studded with
large emerald in the center.

Looking closer you also notice:

Anith (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:38 AM

#13577, "Well you impress me..."
In response to Reply #3

First hero, and you show more balls than most of the old farts who have been playing for a long time.....though sometimes a bit rash in running to situations where you had no chance.

Paladins are damn tough and my only tactic is to let you drain your mind, while I flee, heal, return, and repeat.....till hopefully you are ripe for finishing.....Damn paladins...*grin*

DOnt worry about the quest thing...I get in real pissy moods when im playing sometimes for too long, and that incident just got me mad. Its probably better not to post anything until you are dead....I always come across as an ass, and my true meaning gets lost....*snicker*

People forget its a game...so have fun. Take care.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:01 AM

#13578, "RE: Well you impress me..."
In response to Reply #7

I was horribly rash sometimes, but it pissed me off beyond words when I would go in and take the Nightwalker down quite low and then when I asked for some others to go in and finish it or keep you busy while I rested up I got no help. I always wanted some leadership but when Gwim Imm'd and Nun became Cap and Sassmi the lone Lieutenant I figured that as much as anything was a message that I wasn't considered leadership material. <shrug> I'll figure it all out in time and maybe one day I'll have the rp and pk skills to land a leader position in a house. I'm just not there yet.

Sassmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:38 AM

#13575, "Bloody hell!"
In response to Reply #3

You didn't mention the strawberry! FEH!

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:43 AM

#13576, "RE: Bloody hell!"
In response to Reply #8

I didn't want to tell everyone about how I was madly in love you with. <blush> I guess you are leader now. I hoped maybe I'd become lieutenant one day but that will have to wait for my next sylvan.

right now I am focused on going to japan and seeing my girlfriend for the first time in five months.. excuse the lapse of memory and leaving you out.

Actually you were really cool. I wish I could have figured out how you got that brand because I didn't really see the rage thing so much.. I mean you were mean in pk.. but in a giggly friendly way.

broughton_kevin@hotmail.com - any and all are welcome to drop me a line

Panir Azzamen (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:52 AM

#13573, "Hmmm."
In response to Reply #3

Bah, I hate seeing my enemies delete, means boring times ahead, anyways I guess now you will never get me back for that time I got you while you were ranking with the ugruk's. Oh well, We fought one to one a couple of times, An empowerment class is definitely a hard first hero. good luck in the future.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:57 AM

#13574, "RE: Hmmm."
In response to Reply #10

For all but very certain paladins, a shaman grouped with ANYONE will rape a paladin. I had -70 sspells for most of my life and without a doubt dispel would land between half to all my sups on the first try. Maybe I just had horrible luck, but this seems a little bit out of proportion, especially when shaman have other weapons which also rape paladins (plague, rot, wither, energy drain). Hero palis can deal with the plague a little bit easier.. wither was very annoying the few times it was put on me.

All in all I can attribute to dispel about 75% of my deaths. Paladins are tough, but drop prot and sanc and they can't handle the damage at all.

Opija (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:01 AM

#13572, "I'll miss the fights"
In response to Reply #3

Was hoping to get some good rp going with the quest item thing. Though I'm sure you're aware of this, it's probably not the best idea to announce to people that you've got quest items, particularly to evil folks. Figured we were fairly compassionate in not saccing the things and wish it could have grown to something a bit larger.

Kudos to you for sticking it out for the most part. It's gotta be a bitch to have an effectively non-empowered Paladin fighting at hero ranks.

Esmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:52 AM

#13571, "RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long)"
In response to Reply #3

Esmi: For a while I thought about proposing.. rping with you and Sassmi was fun. Thanks for the help in getting my quest items.

I was always glad to have you around. We had a whole lot of fun on our many MANY trips around and about, retrieving, dressing, just poking around Thera to see what we hadn't seen before. I'll miss you a lot, and I hope you do well in whatever it is you're going to do.

UlthurFri 27-Dec-02 09:47 AM
44 posts
#13570, "RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long)"
In response to Reply #3

Sorry to see everyone going at once here. We had some good fights, and Ulthur had a special thing for Sylvans, and for other paladins, and for other storm giants, so he liked you plenty.

Good luck!

.ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Trajeona (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 11:48 AM

#13568, "Good luck"
In response to Reply #3

Playing a paladin can be tough, playing one in your shoes more so. I respect the choices you made, and the hardships you faced towards the end there. As a player, I hope you return, and give it another shot. I know it can be frustrating (but what worthwhile isn't?), and I really wasn't caught up on the whole quest thing...although you answered that nicely above. Interesting stuff.

Of course, as a character, Trajeona is...pleaed. As you can understandably see, I'm sure.

Oh, and regarding Anith...he IS a leader. The 'Advisor' title is misleading to some, but he is a leader nonetheless.

Good luck!

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 04:50 PM

#13569, "RE: Good luck"
In response to Reply #25

Healers are so buff. You would have made a better target as a transmuter <wink>. Keep it up.

Astaria (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:59 PM

#13566, "RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long)"
In response to Reply #3

Fine don't say anything about me and how much I helped you out, FINE!
Was fun travelling with you, even when you made those newbie mistakes and also kept losing those nice shinies arehanah and I worked hard to get

Astaria

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:11 PM

#13567, "RE: Farewell to all. Goodbyes plus extras. (Long)"
In response to Reply #27

I can't stop the disarm/Crash of the Eternal Night technique! I never got that virtue...

I knew I was forgetting people, and you were one. I felt so bad when you deleted. We needed a hero invoker in Sylvan so bad.

You were awesome. Thanks for all the shinies.

Guenrayn (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:07 PM

#13565, "Ah, the Paladin who ticked Guen off a few times"
In response to Reply #3

Man, Guenrayn hated you for a long time, because of the whole thing at the fortress. He didn't care that yuou killed him with the invoker, that, was not surprising. It was when you took almost half of his gear, that you didn't need, because he attacked an invoker. Later, you heal him, and that was the last straw. HE dropped the other offense to him, because of his sad duel with Arehanah, but when you healed, I had my way of killing you again! I didn't intend for you to die actually, but you didn't flee, and I wasn't going to. Guenrayn started to like and respect you more as tiem wore on, as you realized not to offend his beliefs. Though, the warders got him killed more than a couple of times. Good work though, you must have been a solid player to accomplish what you did. I didn't interact with you much on that level, so I just figured the imms know what they are doing. YOu beat me to a Paladin in the grove, and now I've lost interest!

laters,
Aaron

PS good luck! wiht the tourney

Vortigern (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:26 PM

#13564, "See ya!"
In response to Reply #3

One less paladin around to wrath me...was fun fighting you...your first hero and my first hero. Was pretty even...though near the end of your life, I seemed to win more and more against you...

Good luck in real life!

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:58 AM

#13580, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go, you had balls and that counts for alot. I guess about 18%. With you gone the grove is going to be raped even more now. Fun battles, interesting talks, until the next.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:28 AM

#13581, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #2

I figured my pk % would be really low. Actually one in five doesn't seem bad to me in retrospect. I stayed and sent others home a lot when I could have saved my own ass. It's what paladins do, right?

And paladins in general aren't so great with the keeping people around part of pking. I don't like big gangs so usually I only hunted with Nunchyk or Sassmi.

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:27 PM

#13582, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #5

You know, that reminds me. Sometimes someone in your cabal pisses you off more than the opposing team. We raid with me, Vortigern, Anith and maybe one more, don't remember. What do I tell our shaman? Forget the withering, the rotting, the plagueing...everythin...just damn the ranger. I am not sure how many times you worded Nunchyk that day but every single time I was ready to just choke "someone" to death. And I knew it, everytime you were with someone, you would save them before yourself. You may or may not escape, but if you were there they almost always would. It must have sent a warm fuzzy feeling all through the grove whenever you were there.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:50 AM

#13583, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #0

Ugh why'd you do that?

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:31 AM

#13584, "RE: (DEL) Phylanthorin the Avenger of the Righteous, F..."
In response to Reply #1

So yeah.. when you logged on I had my farewell note all written. I had already given all my stuff away when we raided Scion and all I had was Bilkons chain and sword and a goblin shield. I was pissed we didn't kill it because I wanted te get the damn thing back before I went and deleted.

I never expected you to delete. Now my farewell note doesn't make much sense.

Here is the text of it:

Phylanthorin: <A scroll of brushed black pictograms, on rice paper stained with tears>
To: Sylvan
Wolves,

It is with great sadness that I pen this missive to you all, for it
has never been my intent to leave you while I still had blood to
spare in defense of the Mother. I have come to realize that my
path has yet turned, and I have yet much more to learn o' the Wilds
before I draw my last breath and return this mortal form to the
Mother that it might rise again as plant or beast. There are none
of our kind in the lands far East where I once hailed, and I will
be going there to live out the rest of my days in the service of
the Wilderspirit. It is but for the failing of my body that I give
up this war, for my Spirit will always be with you all.

Follow your Captain, for Nunchyk will guide you through the perils
which I foresee coming to the Pack. If I have learned anything in this
troubled life, it is to look within not just for strength, but
also for the weakness and doubt, for these are worse enemies than
any enemy spell of blade.

I will not be the last of my kind within the Grove, for within the
lands of the East I will train and send to you more warriors
of the Wilderspirit to aid in my absence. I trust you will judge them
against the high standards that Nunchyk, and Gwimdorf before him
have set for Wolves of the Pack. Ours is the high mountain path,
beset with briars and the soul freezing fury of the winds. Thank the
Wild Lords for this gift everyday, for you never know when your time
to depart these lands will come.

Phylanthorin, Stormy-eyed Wolf of the Pack, Free of the Cities

A hastily brushed note seems attached as an afterthought:
Please carry on the work I have started with the Lord Vynmylak
concerning the destruction of the Minotaurs. I would not
wish to see them spread to the lands of the Easterlings. Also,
pay close attention to the lands of Veran, for they are in dire need
of aid from the Pack.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:14 AM

#13585, "To class or not to class"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah I usually don't go overboard like that ever. S'why I uninducted myself before I deleted and prayed to have my title removed. One of my other characters was around when Sylvan's powers changed, and it was decided that the original powers or things similar would be given to the captain, and his or her lieutenants in the future. I got into Sylvan at under 100 hours and in the 300 or so since I spoke to Saldradien once or twice.
I guess I was looking for those older days when the wind would speak to you if you were of the pack especially if you were the leader or a lieutenant, but nothing. Then you kind'a got after me for fleeing when Aginal buffetted me, I got to the nightwalker with 400 hp and fled with 100 after the buffet. Then quaff a teleport and Anith found me in just a few moments, during which you sounded disgusted with Cardiel and I for fleeing. Then I died and whether it was Anith or the lowbie in the area they looted everything for the most part. Final straw... that was five deaths in just a couple days, with no response from the absentee landlords of the Grove.
I said what I said over the cabal channel cause I wanted them to know they'd pissed me off and I thought they sucked. Which I did, as my character. I know they bust their humps to make the mud as fun as it is, but from a character standpoint none of that exists.
Sorry if I let you down...

Sassmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 08:44 AM

#13586, "Nunchyk..."
In response to Reply #13

I'm not so sure if you noticed it, but if you had, you might notice that Gwimdorf and Arehanah didn't get insect call and wall of thorns.
From what I've noted with a past character, Blimbali didn't have it as well. Which I thought you might have already expected about not getting the two powers even though you became captain. But still I believe the rage delete wasn't worth it. You contributed so many hours just to end up deleting 'cos of 5 deaths in a couple of days (which is just 1 con) and not having insect call and wall of thorns? Well I don't know, but I just think its not worthy.

Strawberry trying to act as if it has brains

OddjobFri 27-Dec-02 10:08 AM
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#13587, "I had insect with Blimbali"
In response to Reply #22

I had insect call, as did Alysrith, I could be wrong but I think Priolith had wall.

Anyway, as many warders as I have played I have never known any special skills to be a definate thing. LTs get them sometimes, Caps get them often but I dont think always. Deleting because you didnt get a special skill is sad. You shouldnt expect anything like that. Not all Leaders get weapons eather. I was told I would get one when Uller got around to it but I deleted before that. To be honest you were only captain for a few days. Proove yourself and good thigns will follow. If Sylvan is in the dumps...build it up. As Captain you have the power to do that. Be the example and fuel applicants. You may have to take a couple "filler" characters to get the numbers up. But soon qualified applicants will start coming at you. With Blimbali just before I was made Lt there were about 2-4 Sylvan who showed regularly, including me. When I deleted from Captain we had 27 total members. Not all on regularly but that was what Uller said the count was. Im not tooting my horn I am saying as Captain you can change the situation the cabal is in very easily. You are sick of getting ganked by Scion....get buddy buddy with Ragers (or) Nexus.

Eh, this post turned into a way off topic thing. Anyway. I liked your char what I remember of it. You were WAY young when I was around but I remember our interview well. Luck to you.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13554 Previous topic | Next topic